BRN Discussion Ongoing

Xray1

Regular
You need to get your facts right.
This announcement, and all such other announcements, are made by the Company Secretary.
Essentially Correct ..... I would also like to think that Tony D would give things the once over given they are public documents / announcements.

Also.... I wonder what was the Co Sec' role / involvement in the "Manny" RSU share event..???

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users
You need to get your facts right.
This announcement, and all such other announcements, are made by the Company Secretary.

What Is Public Relations (PR)?

Public relations (PR) is the set of techniques and strategies related to managing how information about an individual or company is disseminated to the public, and especially the media. Its primary goals are to disseminate important company news or events, maintain a brand image, and put a positive spin on negative events to minimize their fallout. PR may occur in the form of a company press release, news conference, interviews with journalists, social media posting, or other venues.

While that may be so in BRN, it is up to the company to determine the protocol of how any and all communications are cleared through the PR team. Many companies have such teams in place to pore through every word to avoid offending the Gen Z strawberry generation, so I don't see why we shouldn't at least make sure that the facts and details are checked, given our poor track record of getting public information right the first time.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Business

Arm rolls out new smartphone tech and MediaTek signs up to use​

Arm rolls out new smartphone tech and MediaTek signs up to use

FILE PHOTO:
29 May 2023 08:33AM
Bookmark
WhatsAppTelegramFacebookTwitterEmailLinkedIn

Arm Ltd on Monday rolled out new chip technology for mobile devices and Taiwan smartphone chip maker MediaTek Inc said it will be using it for its next-generation product.
MediaTek, a longtime supplier of low- and mid-tier smart phone chips, has been pushing into the market to supply chips for premium smartphones, once dominated by rival Qualcomm Inc, which has been in a legal battle with Arm since last year over chip licensing agreements.
In Arm's blog announcing the new products, MediaTek said the new chips will help improve the performance of its next-generation smartphones.
Arm sells blueprints chip designers use to build their own hardware. It is launching Immortalis-G720, a chip for video image processing and AI applications, and the Cortex-X4, a processor that would be the brains of the mobile device at Taiwan's Computex conference.
Arm said both new chips have 15 per cent better performance than their previous generations, and the Cortex-X4 uses 40 per cent less power, key for smartphones that need to keep battery use time long.
Arm also said it has "taped out" the Cortex-X4 at Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., which means it had a chip manufactured at the factory, an expensive process usually done by chip designers that sell the final chip.
Asked by Reuters during a briefing if the tape out meant Arm was making a chip to sell instead of its long-time business model of providing the blueprint to chip makers, Chris Bergey, the general manager of Arm's Client Line of Business, said this was a step it sometimes takes to help test out new manufacturing technology for customers.
"Arm is not in the business of selling chips. That's not what we do," he said.
Last month the Financial Times reported that Arm was developing its own chip to showcase the capabilities of its designs.
Arm said the Cortex-X4 was taped out on TSMC's N3E process and said it was an industry first.

Hi Bravo,

Thanks for your research and posts.

What caught my eye with this latest ARM announcement of Arm-curated collection of chip technologies designed, tested, and optimized to work together seamlessly (Called the Total Compute Solutions cluster), --to be delivered with 40% less power and 15% better performance ---- is the similarities of performance/use language of the ARM cluster with the BRN suite of Akida products.

Compare the two:- Coincidence?

Screen Shot 2023-05-29 at 1.22.11 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-29 at 1.52.31 pm.png

It is quite exciting/reassuring to read in detail the high expectations ARM has for their new suite of Compute Solutions ( see links in Bravo's posts above).

As always, only my opinion.

OutbackJohn.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 74 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I love this part @Tothemoon24!

According to Arm, more than 90% of in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems use the company’s chip designs. The architectures are also found in various under-the-hood applications, including meter clusters, e-mirrors, and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) control.

If I was Arm, I would be incorporating AKIDA, into not just in the Cortex M based MCU's but into the A and R based MCU's as well, just to cover all bases.🏏

View attachment 35570

View attachment 35572
View attachment 35573
View attachment 35575 View attachment 35574

View attachment 35576

https://armkeil.blob.core.windows.n...ide-to-arm-processing-power-in-automotive.pdf
Hi @OutbackJohn, Agreed, it's very intersting isn't it?

I've suggested previously (as above) that if I were Arm I would be incorporating AKIDA into the A and R based MCU's as well the M based MCU's.

Arms new smartphone tech uses the latest Armv9.2 architecture. The previous Armv9 architecture covers all three profiles (A, R & M), so there's no reason to doubt the new Armv9.2 architecture won't do the same.

So lets say AKIDA E, S & P are are matched up to their corresponding Arm A,R & M profile MCU's then from what a previous article described, it sounds like the chipmakers, device makers and developers will decide on what level of functionality they want included, which is where our IP might come in as an option.

I've also questions previously the third party IP as shown on the ArmV9 architecture diagram that seems to leave room for our inclusion.

All just pure speculation at the moment on my behalf.

❤️🧠🍟

B x
Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 3.09.25 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-29 at 1.49.25 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 50 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Hi Bravo,

Thanks for your research and posts.

What caught my eye with this latest ARM announcement of Arm-curated collection of chip technologies designed, tested, and optimized to work together seamlessly (Called the Total Compute Solutions cluster), --to be delivered with 40% less power and 15% better performance ---- is the similarities of performance/use language of the ARM cluster with the BRN suite of Akida products.

Compare the two:- Coincidence?

View attachment 37412

View attachment 37411

It is quite exciting/reassuring to read in detail the high expectations ARM has for their new suite of Compute Solutions ( see links in Bravo's posts above).

As always, only my opinion.

OutbackJohn.
Could be just coincidence.
Over my sales career I organically developed and refined a strategy where, after listening to responses to a number of relevant questions, I would offer my prospective clients 3 options. This had the powerful effect of presuming they would pick one or the other of my proposals and as the options were usually related to the quality of the respective product offering's, it generally also was presenting a cheaper, mid range and more expensive option. At that point I would shut up placing the energetic onus on the client to make a decision.
I found that, over about a twenty year sampling period (for those sales that proceeded) about 30% of people would opt for either the cheaper or more expensive options and the balance would pick the mid range product.
Adopting this simple approach increased my closing sale success rate from about 60% to around 90%.
After stumbling upon this technique I have read of similar approaches being recommended and adopted by various marketing and sales organisations, so am not surprised to find its application as a technique fairly widespread.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users
Over my sales career I organically developed and refined a strategy where, after listening to responses to a number of relevant questions, I would offer my prospective clients 3 options. This had the powerful effect of presuming they would pick one or the other of my proposals and as the options were usually related to the quality of the respective product offering's, it generally also was presenting a cheaper, mid range and more expensive option. At that point I would shut up placing the energetic onus on the client to make a decision.
I found that, over about a twenty year sampling period (for those sales that proceeded) about 30% of people would opt for either the cheaper or more expensive options and the balance would pick the mid range product.
Adopting this simple approach increased my closing sale success rate from about 60% to around 90%.
After stumbling upon this technique I have read of similar approaches being recommended and adopted by various marketing and sales organisations, so am not surprised to find its application as a technique fairly widespread.
Hi Spartacus/Hopalong,
cc Bravo.

Yes, of course it could be just coincidence.

I think the interesting thing is not only have BRN and ARM given the customer 3 options (as you did in your career), but they have choosen to draw similar boundary lines with their 3 options, PLUS similar descriptions for each category.
If you go to the source documents they are also talking about similar end uses.

Of course, all speculation and guesses.
But I do like how the ducks are all lining up in a row and different companies "quacking" similar stories to BRN.

We just have to wait and see for actual sales.

As always, just my opinion.

OutbackJohn.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

Most marketing courses, and certainly those in MBA programmes teach that the ideal number of choices for companies to offer is 3. Akida being offered in 3 flavours also reflects this (probably from Sean's MBA training). F&B offered in S, M, L, Netflix plans in Basic, Standard, Premium, Telco plans in pretty much the same, even Mercedes and BMW for the longest time offered their main sedan models in C, E, S / 3, 5, 7 series etc. Advantages to company are reduced cost of development and maintenance and shorter decision time of customer. Advantage to customer is easier choice to make.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Tata - Winning awards with Neutral Networks.

Congratulations to our scientists Vivek Chandel and Avik Ghose for winning the Best Industry Paper Award for their paper titled ‘NNTrak: A Neural Network Approach Towards Calculating Air-Writing Trajectories In Real-Time With A Smartwatch’ at IEEE PerCom 2023.
Their paper proposes an approach that can accurately track arm motion while air-writing even when the user is on the move.
Click here to know more- bit.ly/3MyN8hz
#TCSResearch #InventingForImpact #Research #Wearables

Best Industry Paper Award​

NNTrak: A Neural Network Approach Towards Calculating Air-Writing Trajectories In Real-Time With A Smartwatch
Vivek Chandel (TCS Research, India); Avik Ghose (Tata Consultancy Services, India)

Attachments

• 51223CA0-251A-439E-A13E-27E620B3D30F.jpeg
    51223CA0-251A-439E-A13E-27E620B3D30F.jpeg
    372.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Hi @Diogenese do you have any thoughts on these 3 variants being used together in things such as robotics and vehicles?

1685346281097.png

1685350254367.png

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Jchandel

Regular
On my mobile so can’t type much but the article & the YouTube video below sounds like Akida technology in action

And

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Jchandel

Regular
On my mobile so can’t type much but the article & the YouTube video below sounds like Akida technology in action

And

Another one from Khalifa university. Prophese tagged in this post:

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi @Diogenese do you have any thoughts on these 3 variants being used together in things such as robotics and vehicles?

View attachment 37419
Hi eq,

It's unlikely that there would be a need to use 3 different chips.

Akida is capable of running different NNs in parallel on one chip depending on the number of nodes required for each NN.

In most cases, the P would be capable of running the E and S as well as the P on one chip.

E requires 1 to 4 nodes, S requires 2 up to 8 nodes and P can utilize up to 128 nodes, so if P does not need all 128 nodes then the left over nodes could be used for E and S.

1685349513760.png

Of course, if the E is used in location with a sensor, then it would be a separate hybrid sensor-akida chip.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Hi eq,

It's unlikely that there would be a need to use 3 different chips.

Akida is capable of running different NNs in parallel on one chip depending on the number of nodes required for each NN.

In most cases, the P would be capable of running the E and S as well as the P on one chip.

E requires 1 to 4 nodes, S requires 2 up to 8 nodes and P can utilize up to 128 nodes, so if P does not need all 128 nodes then the left over nodes could be used for E and S.

View attachment 37420

Of course, if the E is used in location with a sensor, then it would be a separate hybrid sensor-akida chip.
Thanks Dio, Im looking forward to seeing the benchmarks of Akida-P

Reactions: 4 users

Getupthere

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Hi Folks.

For those interested here are my recordings of the recent Brainchip AGM.
First off, apologies for the angle of filming and the consequent unfortunate placement of mics, water bottles and podiums etc.

For the sake of brevity I have edited out much of the merely procedural content except where I have judged it important/relevant in regards to the associated content.

I have split it into 3 seperate clips and will do as 3 seperate posts.
1. Antonio's presentation
2. Seans presentation
3. The Q & A session

As I have not tried this before am not certain of the correct way to go about it.

Will post a YouTube link here and think you will merely need to right click on it and then open the link to the YouTube file.
Enjoy. 🤣

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 59 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Oh, ok, that was easy. 🤣
Here is 2. Sean's presentation.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users
D

Deleted member 118

Hi Folks.

For those interested here are my recordings of the recent Brainchip AGM.
First off, apologies for the angle of filming and the consequent unfortunate placement of mics, water bottles and podiums etc.

For the sake of brevity I have edited out much of the merely procedural content except where I have judged it important/relevant in regards to the associated content.

I have split it into 3 seperate clips and will do as 3 seperate posts.
1. Antonio's presentation
2. Seans presentation
3. The Q & A session

As I have not tried this before am not certain of the correct way to go about it.

Will post a YouTube link here and think you will merely need to right click on it and then open the link to the YouTube file.
Enjoy. 🤣

Perfect timing I need to fall asleep 😚

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
And finally no. 3 the Q & A session.
This one go's for just over an hour but thought it worthwhile to see the way our guy's handled the tough questions asked.
I thought they did a really good job.
Just saw BRN made it onto the screen on the 7pm ABC news finance section.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 49 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
And finally no. 3 the Q & A session.
This one go's for just over an hour but thought it worthwhile to see the way our guy's handled the tough questions asked.
I thought they did a really good job.
Just saw BRN made it onto the screen on the 7pm ABC news finance section.

Thanks Hoppy I enjoyed the refresher from a different angle.
Cheers

Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom