BRN Discussion Ongoing

Foxdog

Regular
Time will prove that Sean Hehir is a WARRIOR!

Just go READ Sean’s prepared address, quietly, removed from all the cynical BS, and really grasp the progress and SETUP we have for the next 12 months.

He might not be the best at reading a script, but he sure knows the industry in depth!

Akida 1.0 was a necessary step.
Akida 1.5 is a necessary bridge.
2nd Gen Akida is a market darling.
3rd Gen Akida…yeah, try to dislodge us then!

IT’S COMING!
Could it be possible that Sean had an entirely different speech prepared for the AGM and was handed the board approved (ASX version) at the last minute? I know it sounds far-fetched but it would explain the delivery if he wasn't familiar with the text.
I have always thought he comes across really well in the podcasts when he's just in conversation and I suspect this is what he'd be like when engaging with customers.

• Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

Damo4

Regular
So as ever I try to spin it positively, much as my overthinking brain tries differnent tricks.

I fear we will take another dip today and over the next weeks and months and I would not be surprised if we see 30s and 20s again (so much for starting positive, ey??!!) and the only good thing I see is, it will hopefully dip my super holding under value 20% and I top up more.

I keep coming back to due diligence when my brain wanders.... All these huge companies wont stick their neck out for something that does not work or make comercial or functional sense. So we wait. Much as I hate to wait at this point.

I disagree RE share price, only because if you look at the pre-pump SP and yesterday's close its practically the same. This makes sense as literally nothing (excluding todays partnership) has changed since this time last week. In fact, we now know management are listening and they themselves have expressed concern over the slowness of the adoption. Someone quoted a perfect snippet yesterday from Sean, which I'll paraphrase: "we are not losing to others, it's just taking longer".
We could see the SP decline, I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just thinking about what the market knows pre/post AGM and its practically the same, whilst also a down to earth reset.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

FlipDollar

Never dog the boys
I can’t link Foxdogs message sorry.

Could it be possible that Sean had an entirely different speech prepared for the AGM and was handed the board approved (ASX version) at the last minute? I know it sounds far-fetched but it would explain the delivery if he wasn't familiar with the text.
I have always thought he comes across really well in the podcasts when he's just in conversation and I suspect this is what he'd be like when engaging with customers.

Respectfully Foxdog, I think this is clutching at straws a bit here.

There is nothing wrong with just saying that his delivery wasn’t up to scratch this time. If anything, this will be articulated back to him no doubt and he will work on this for next time.

On a similar vein, I personally don’t rate the guy (I think he and his connections are dated and he isn’t showing conviction in his chosen leadership style), but he showed up yesterday and took it on the chin.

Time will tell. I will front at next years AGM if it’s still a case of ‘situation no change’ in 12 months time.

Have a great day all!

Reactions: 9 users

Dr E Brown

Regular
Given yesterday’s Nasdaq performance there is no doubt we will fall today. I also expect a short term hit from the AGM. But I have asked myself what has changed?
A slow pace of conversion of potential customers into actual customers, not because they don’t believe in the product but due to macroeconomic events slowly the pace of uptake of new technologies especially brand spanking new game changers.
So the sp will fall but the grind will continue for a little while yet.
I’m patient!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
So as ever I try to spin it positively, much as my overthinking brain tries differnent tricks.

I fear we will take another dip today and over the next weeks and months and I would not be surprised if we see 30s and 20s again (so much for starting positive, ey??!!) and the only good thing I see is, it will hopefully dip my super holding under value 20% and I top up more.

I keep coming back to due diligence when my brain wanders.... All these huge companies wont stick their neck out for something that does not work or make comercial or functional sense. So we wait. Much as I hate to wait at this point.
Many, many, many NDA's. Hang in there man.

Reactions: 4 users
I disagree RE share price, only because if you look at the pre-pump SP and yesterday's close its practically the same. This makes sense as literally nothing (excluding todays partnership) has changed since this time last week. In fact, we now know management are listening and they themselves have expressed concern over the slowness of the adoption. Someone quoted a perfect snippet yesterday from Sean, which I'll paraphrase: "we are not losing to others, it's just taking longer".
We could see the SP decline, I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just thinking about what the market knows pre/post AGM and its practically the same, whilst also a down to earth reset.
Hey Damo,

I agree we are the same price.

But in light of nothing really new, no new deals, no income from the last 4C and as of yet no products in the market, we are basically an easy target for shorters and micklepickles of the world.

I know we have NDA's and I fully get that, I work in project management in med tech with big clients every day, but as they mentioned those in our case here are simply pre engagement chats and mean nothing and certain wont mean the customer will implement akida into any of their products. And yes I get a product cycle takes a long time

It would be nice to present some form of "this is what we except at XYZ time". Instead we had "watch the financials" last year as we all did... and this year it was to the effect of "we are not happy and its a difficult market". So whilst I am not selling and I am confident in the product, I just struggle in darker moments with the confidence or lack thereof that is portrayed by our leadership.

Much like our prospective customers and partners, I believe we won't attract some of the talent we have over the last year without giving them a peak behind the curtain, and much like our partners those individuals would not come over to BRN unless there was something solid on the way.

We as investors/owners/shareholders should at least be allowed a sniff...

Anyways, that is just my opinion. #rantover

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Labsy

Regular
On the other hand, if the Sp holds today and tomorrow, we have some great events approaching and perhaps there will be an uptrend into 50's again...just saying the sp does what the sp does... Either way I'm going to accumulate if drops into the 30's.... was quite happy with size of holding but am really optimistic of our future despite short term gloomy feels from everyone...

• Love
  • Fire

Mccabe84

Regular
Announcement?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

TECH

Regular
Good morning,

Having read most of the appraisals of yesterdays AGM, I believe the feel and mood of the meeting has been captured nicely, the shareholder body has made a couple a statements via the voting. Our company do listen, and yesterday they all heard loud and clear from within the room and from the market action that swiftly followed..... were they all expecting it, yes I clearly believe so.

Reflecting on my comment a few weeks ago on how much more advanced AKD 3.0 was than many on this forum realized has now been proven to be a valid comment, more news in the next 4/5 months I'd suggest, no one at the Research Centre sits around all day dreaming, they are all too busy working for the betterment of us all.

Once again, I pushed my own timeline out by 2 years to 1 January 2025, did I have to readjust my mindset ? yes most certainly.

Was I feeling rather frustrated at the time of making that decision ? yes I was.

For the ones who think they have a hard luck story, think about this for a minute.

My own shares went up 2.5 million AUD in 9 trading days in January 2022, currently it's the exact opposite (as I never sold) we all have stress in our lives, learning to cope and take responsibility for the choices we make on an daily basis will help you navigate life's hurdles a little bit easier.

The share market isn't for everyone, it can be an emotional rollercoaster if you choose it to be, focus on a positive mindset.

Have a good day.

Tech :coffee:(y)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 60 users
Many, many, many NDA's. Hang in there man.
not going anywhere... and hanging ;)

As mentioned by BRN yesterday NDA's simply mean they give them a look, not that customers will implement. Which I know is the name of the game.

Hanging tight!

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
1684883064761.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 53 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

DK6161

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
NEW US Patent just in ........

1684883164177.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 42 users

Damo4

Regular
Key features of patent: The patent protects a learning function of BrainChip’s digital neuron circuit using positive (excitatory) and negative (inhibitory) synapses - inspired by the biological brain – the most efficient predictive inference and learning engine known. BrainChip’s portfolio now comprises 16 issued patents (11x US, 3x AU, 1xEP, 1xCN). In addition, some 30 patent applications are pending in the US, Europe, Australia, Canada, Japan, Korea, India, Brazil, Russia, Mexico, and Israel.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
(excitatory) Well I'm excited..

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Renault Group and Valeo sign a partnership in Software Defined Vehicle development​

• Renault Group and Valeo are extending their collaboration on the Software Defined Vehicle (SDV).
• Valeo will supply some of the key electrical and electronic components, such as the High-Performance Computer, and contribute to software development.
• With Google on software, Qualcomm on hardware, and now Valeo, Renault Group continues to develop its tech ecosystem and its mastery of the SDV value chain.

* Valeo will supply: HPC (High-Performance Computer), the core control of vehicle driving strategies and driver assistance systems (ADAS); zone controllers, which provide more efficient power management and substantial reduction in wiring harness; electrical distribution modules; ADAS components: ultrasonic sensors, driving and parking cameras.

View attachment 37122

This is a machine learning patent application from Renult. For the Francophiles, it is in French:

WO2022117875A1 SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR CONTROLLING MACHINE LEARNING-BASED VEHICLES

1684883080469.png

The invention relates to a control device (10) used in a vehicle (1), the vehicle comprising a perception system (2) which uses a set of sensors (200), each sensor providing data, the perception system comprising a device (100) for estimating a variable comprising at least one characteristic relating to one or more objects detected in the surrounding area of the vehicle, the estimation device comprising an online learning module (5) which uses a neural network (50) to estimate the variable, the neural network being associated with a set of weights. The learning module (5) comprises: - a forward-propagation module (51) configured to propagate data from one or more sensors (200), which data are applied as the input to the neural network, so as to provide a predicted output comprising an estimate of the variable; - a fusion system (3) configured to determine a fusion output by implementing at least one sensor fusion algorithm using at least some of the predicted values, - a back-propagation module (32) configured to update the weights associated with the online neural network (50) by determining a loss function representing the error between an improved predicted value of the fusion output and the predicted output by performing gradient descent back propagation.

The invention does involve a combined LiDaR and frame camera:

1684883217472.png

• Fire
Reactions: 26 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

hotty4040

Regular
That’s quite an interesting take but I’ll have you know TSE is completely independent. I know we love a dot join here, but come on…

I started this forum because I was sick of the status quo over there. Since then, in order to remain impartial, I refrain from commenting on the stocks (as is the ASIC guideline) and that was my own personal loss I did not envision. It’s no longer “fun” for me in any way, but then to hear this ridiculousness is just icing on the cake.
Bravo zeebOt, I love this forum and have no qualms whatsoever. I find it quite exhilarating.

Akida Ballista

hotty4040

• Love

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
This is a bit of homework this morning.

Today partnership with CVEDIA is quite interesting.

CVEDIA is a private company, base in the UK. Started in 2018. The lead investor is FLIR Sytems who is now acquired by Teledyne Technology (ticket symbols TDY nasdaq) for 8 Billion in 2021. So in essence, technology development through CVEDIA would end up within Teledyne Technology. 😊

Screenshot_20230524_092754_Chrome.jpg

Teledyne is a Giant. Just saying 😎

Learning 🏖 (JMHO-DYOR)

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 56 users
Top Bottom