BRN Discussion Ongoing

MDhere

Regular
You might want to check that your correct email address is held by the relevant authority.
This below is on the bottom of the email I received on 18/04/23.

Should you have any queries regarding your holding or the upcoming BrainChip Holdings Ltd Annual General Meeting, please contact Boardroom Pty Limited on 1300 737 760 (within Australia), +61 2 9290 9600 (outside Australia) or email enquiries@boardroomlimited.com.au.
excellent thanks hopalong. silly me found one lot but got to call up my acct to find where the super papers are. but i will call boardroom first. thanks! at least i knew where meeting was and the date 😀

Reactions: 3 users
Promised my wife I would stop buying BRN but what am I supposed to do with this borderline-insider-trading?!
If the affect on the SP from a lack of ASX announcements is to be believed, we are in a very, very fortunate position.
Can’t blame you, I also took another bite at .41 today. You can see it’s on the longer longer term resistance level around here and agree that smart money is buying in large chunks when they can and shorts checking out. Ready for next liftoff.

Reactions: 5 users
The wheels of commerce grind slow ...

A number of the partnerships have been described in terms of co-developments (year of engagement):

Edge Impulse (2020)
nViso (2022)
Prophesee ((2022)
SiFive (2022)
Socionext (2020) ("It's complicated" (SynQuacer))
Valeo (2020).

Apart from Valeo and Socionext, most of these are early stage companies with leading edge products at the frontier of their industry.

Some of the co-developments may result in licences, and some may be in the form of Joint Developments which involve profit-sharing rather than licence fees.

Then we have relationships with chip makers and foundries:

Global Foundries (2023)
IFS (2023)
MegaChips (licencee) (2021)
Renesas (licencee) (2019)
TSMC (via Socionext), (2020)

to which we could add our ARM (2022) IP licensing business ecosystem partner making Akida IP available to its customers.

Any commercial outcomes from these relationships should produce licence fees. Both ARM and Intel are experiencing elevated levels of competition

Then there are some US government contractors (SBIR):

Intellisense (NASA) (2023)
Quantum Ventura (DoE) (2023)
Vorago (NASA) (20)
ISL (AFRL) (2022)

There is a new urgency in the US government's attitude to procurement of leading edge technology.

Medical:

Biotome
NaNose (?)

Any progress on this front will be dependent on the sensing technology being proven and obtaining government approval.

Akida can also detect irregularities in X-rays and also handle the output of medical sensors.

Many companies which develop medical sensors may be startups which would need JDs rather than licences.

Other possibilities include:

Boeing/USAF (Loyal Wingman)
Ford
Magik eye
Mercedes
MosChips
Samsung (smart fridge)
SoundHound (Mercedes)
TCS (robotics+)
Unity Tech (Mercedes)

Some would add Qualcomm to this list (but I wouldn't (at the moment)).

Small start-ups would be unlikely to be able to afford licence fees and development costs, so would probably want JD.

These lists are certainly incomplete, so additional information will be gratefully received.
Hi Dodgy

Blue Ridge Envisioneering under SBIR.

SC

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

JDelekto

Regular
I want to update everyone on my attempt to acquire the proxy voting materials for the upcoming AGM from Fidelity. I received the fastest response for assistance through their Fidelity Investment Reddit moderators. For background, I have three accounts with Fidelity in which I have holdings in BRCHF from the OTC markets. The largest holding is in one of my long-standing retirement accounts, while the fewest shares are in my newer retirement account.

After a chat with one of the representatives, I received a secure communication through Fidelity's site noting that they were to supply the proxy materials. A few days later, I received these materials that only represented the shares held in one of my accounts with the least amount.

I then responded to that communication noting that I had three accounts with shares and specified the account numbers for each account individually. The next day I received a reply that they would be getting the proxy materials for one of my accounts (no mention of the third account for which I provided the account #) again, another one with a small number of shares.

As of that last communication, it would take up to ten business days (with today being the tenth day) for me to receive the proxy materials "in the mail." I assume they mean US Postal mail as they did not say e-mail.

At this point, I am disappointed with Fidelity Investments and its ability to handle what I thought should be a simple request. I've communicated twice with their moderators (who were extremely helpful) and three times with their on-site communication channels. If each request takes up to ten business days to get the materials, there is no way I will get the voting materials for the majority of my holdings in time for the AGM.

At this point, any vote I have would be insignificant in light of the total number of shares, so I think it would be pointless to expect that I could have any material effect. I will send a handwritten letter to Fidelity Investments to express my dissatisfaction with how the company handled these matters, especially after the money I've spent on foreign transaction fees for these shares.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
1684311321626.png
Magnus Östberg Chief Software Officer bei der Mercedes-Benz AG

Remember my question on the connected vehicles in the #MercedesBenz Intelligent Cloud (https://lnkd.in/ec4yWEiP)? The right answer: C) More than 16 million vehicles will be handled by the Mercedes-Benz Intelligent Cloud by 2025.

The Mercedes-Benz Intelligent Cloud enables real-time infotainment, 3D navigation, fast system and software updates, and other features and services.

Find more about MB.OS and its Intelligent Cloud here: https://lnkd.in/eQdVjJYw

I remember what I vote!!

De Acuerdo Reaction GIF

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Ankit Dhanak
Ankit Dhanak.Sr. SAM at Teksun Inc | Embedded | IoT | AI/ML | Hardware | Firmware | Product Development

Teksun Inc and BrainChip Demonstrate Rapid Adoption of AI Solutions at Embedded Vision Summit 2023. Booth No #517

We are excited to showcase our latest AI-powered solutions, including:

- TELEP AI's Driver Monitoring System detects dangerous behaviours like drinking, mobile phone use, and smoking while driving. Our technology is a breakthrough in preventing major accidents with an AI-powered DashCam.

- Intrusion Detection System for restricted areas that require constant monitoring. Our vision-based system will detect any person entering the restricted boundary set in the CCTV footage and send an alert in real-time.

https://lnkd.in/d3By9GBP
1684312478575.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Valeo’s best-in-class LiDAR technology receives two new awards​

In addition to its hardware capabilities, SCALA 3 comes with a suite of software modules, including perception and artificial intelligence based algorithms
These software modules can easily be embedded on major SoC platforms and run on dedicated ECUs or domain controllers.

Valeo SCALA 1 and 2 made conditional autonomous driving in traffic jams a reality. SCALA 3 dramatically increased the domain of operation – and therefore the customer value – of private vehicles thanks to a wider scope of use and higher speed support. Valeo is also positioned as a leader in robotaxis equipment as SCALA 3 enables our clients to make robotaxis a reality at scale, using a proven, best-in-class technology in mass production.

Valeo SCALA 1 and 2 made conditional autonomous driving in traffic jams a reality. SCALA 3 dramatically increased the domain of operation – and therefore the customer value – of private vehicles thanks to a wider scope of use and higher speed support. Valeo is also positioned as a leader in robotaxis equipment as SCALA 3 enables our clients to make robotaxis a reality at scale, using a proven, best-in-class technology in mass production.

In addition to its hardware capabilities, SCALA 3 comes with a suite of software modules, including perception and artificial intelligence based algorithms. Its LiDAR functions guarantee unparalleled safety and reliability through blockage detection, rain & spray detection, online calibration or misalignment detection. It can identify objects – such as a tire – left on an unlit black asphalt road more than 150 meters ahead that neither the driver, cameras nor radars can reliably detect. It finally identifies, classifies and tracks objects, giving the car fusion system the full 3D mapping around the car, and finally making autonomous driving possible. These software modules can easily be embedded on major SoC platforms and run on dedicated ECUs or domain controllers.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

Galaxycar

Regular
I really do hope those going to the AGM don’t go in as sheep, listening nodding and clapping at every bullshit excuse management give for there poor performance, Go in demand answers, don’t listen to the same old dribble, stand your ground and give them heaps!.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users

Kachoo

Regular
I really do hope those going to the AGM don’t go in as sheep, listening nodding and clapping at every bullshit excuse management give for there poor performance, Go in demand answers, don’t listen to the same old dribble, stand your ground and give them heaps!.
I don't know where all this anger is comming from. Well I do understand but getting rude and aggressive won't get you anywhere.

I now many are down on the stock at this moment we all have had a hair cut.

That said do you not think PVDM or Anil are happy having seen there net worth drop a 100's of millions of dollars?

If anything they should be calling for sales to resign but what are they doing they are still building and moving forth the industry does not sleep it keep changing.

Akida has been very successful on the innovation front and what it can do you can see this all in the media.

A lot of these partnerships may lead to comercialization and win and money that we are waiting for.

I agree that comercialization has been slow for many reasons but that is not in our control.

The product Akida is innovative and many don't even know what it's capable of doing. E.g. ILS CEO states they had a break through with Akida and are amazed. Is that a failure ? No will that lead to a commercial monetary payment for BRN yes it is very likely in this case it will. When we don't know.

We know Renesas and Megachips are and should have some chips out in the second half of the year. That will likely bring revenue.

As investors we are silent company owners yes.

Do we have an expectation of getting better communication of companies achievements yes. Direction they are moving and how there plan will show return on invest ment yes this is where BRM management have failed. This can definately be address in a correct manner.
Hoping to a better post AGM growth rate

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 67 users

Violin1

Regular
Will you be there Galaxycar?

• Haha
  • Fire

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
I know a fair few of us complaining, and rightly so, of late about the sp, the company, the lack of anns, etc.

I suspect also, probably a good portion of us, are not struggling, like 80% (my guess) of ppl are in the country, to varying degrees. Full disclosure im not quite struggling but its definitely not easy.

But F me, this bus crash and kids arms being amputated at 5, that effin sux balls , massively.

Would happily BRN be put into liquidation and those kids not have this happen to them, if i could choose. It sux and makes me feel sick....

Prayers out for all the families, hopefully the TSE community will support if able to.

Cheers guys

• Love
Reactions: 28 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
I don't know where all this anger is comming from. Well I do understand but getting rude and aggressive won't get you anywhere.

I now many are down on the stock at this moment we all have had a hair cut.

That said do you not think PVDM or Anil are happy having seen there net worth drop a 100's of millions of dollars?

If anything they should be calling for sales to resign but what are they doing they are still building and moving forth the industry does not sleep it keep changing.

Akida has been very successful on the innovation front and what it can do you can see this all in the media.

A lot of these partnerships may lead to comercialization and win and money that we are waiting for.

I agree that comercialization has been slow for many reasons but that is not in our control.

The product Akida is innovative and many don't even know what it's capable of doing. E.g. ILS CEO states they had a break through with Akida and are amazed. Is that a failure ? No will that lead to a commercial monetary payment for BRN yes it is very likely in this case it will. When we don't know.

We know Renesas and Megachips are and should have some chips out in the second half of the year. That will likely bring revenue.

As investors we are silent company owners yes.

Do we have an expectation of getting better communication of companies achievements yes. Direction they are moving and how there plan will show return on invest ment yes this is where BRM management have failed. This can definately be address in a correct manner.
Hoping to a better post AGM growth rate
I for one, thought that after Renasas and Megachips purchased licenses, followed by the Merc announcement, that licenses would be signed at a steady rate. This has been the frustrating part for me. Sales have completely dried up which imparts negative thoughts and concerns in investors minds if the product is going to be commercially viable.

You mentioned the revenue to come from the 2 licences but realistically, those 2 licenses are not going to produce 100s of million in revenue. I believe it was Sean who said that each licence will generate 3 to 5 times the license amount in royalties. $6-10 million in revenue is great but we need significantly more just to break even.

Hoping Akida 2.0 remedies the situation.

• Fire
  • Love

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Innoviz Technologies
NEWS PROVIDED BY

Innoviz Technologies
17 May, 2023, 06:45 ET

Innoviz Expands Collaboration with a Major Customer, Adding InnovizTwo for New Light Commercial Vehicle​

• Fast-moving new program with an accelerated timeline
  • Framework agreed, pending final requirements and commercial terms
  • Strong financial contribution, expected start of production mid-decade
  • Collaboration with a major compute platform provider, may lead to additional opportunities
TEL AVIV, Israel, May 17, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Innoviz Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ: INVZ) (the "Company" or "Innoviz"), a leading Tier-1 supplier of high-performance automotive grade LiDAR sensors and perception software, today announced that a major existing leading global automotive customer aims to expand its use of the InnovizTwo LiDAR to an existing light commercial vehicle program. With a mid-decade SOP target, the program is on an accelerated track, with an agreed framework, pending finalizing technical requirements and commercial terms. Potential financial contributions from this program are anticipated to begin this year and played an important role in the decision to update previously communicated 2023 commercial and financial targets.

Innoviz Expands Collaboration with a Major Customer, Adding InnovizTwo for New Light Commercial Vehicle

Innoviz Expands Collaboration with a Major Customer, Adding InnovizTwo for New Light Commercial Vehicle

The Company will provide an update on its first quarter earnings call scheduled for today, May 17, 2023.

In addition, this collaboration includes an important integration with a major compute platform that we believe could lead to additional expansion opportunities in the future. Innoviz believes that working with the top autonomy platform partners should enable a faster time to market, accelerate the customer evaluation process, allow more seamless integration with other parts of the software stack, and position Innoviz well in its new customer acquisition efforts.

"Today's news marks a critical milestone in validating our strategy and highlighting the value of our technology," said Omer Keilaf, Innoviz Co-Founder and CEO. "An important part of our long-term business plan has been to show that we can gain a foothold with a large customer and earn the right to become their LiDAR vendor for multiple vehicles in their lineup. This expected expansion of business with one of our largest customers could achieve that, while also offering a meaningful financial contribution for 2023 and beyond."

Keilaf further added, "We are extremely excited by the momentum we have seen in our pipeline year-to-date and are encouraged by a noticeable step-up in customer activity that further reinforces our belief that LiDAR deployments are starting to accelerate."

• Fire
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

Galaxycar

Regular
I wish I could be,once they moved their head office, made it hard, I have already aired my view with Tony, at that stage unbelievably he stated I was in the minority and that my view was contrary to most shareholders he spoke to,think in the last three months that has changed.
Will you be there Galaxycar?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Galaxycar

Regular
Unfortunately there is gunna be not just one,watch the vote against managements bonuses,they are gunna get the message loud and clear. I know how I voted and it was ugly. Do I usually vote ,no junk mail like that usually goes in the bin.

Reactions: 1 users

Diogenese

Top 20

View attachment 36660

Synaptics are long on eye-tracking using software:
US11076080B2 Under-display image sensor for eye tracking 2019-12-05

1684337583289.png

[0120] For example, the processor 1120 may execute the image filtering SW module 1132 to filter images received via the camera interfaces 1114 and/or 1116 . In executing the image filtering SW module 1132 , the processor 1120 may use the neural network model 1133 or other algorithm to filter, reduce, or eliminate noise (such as a screen door effect) or interference from images received via the camera interfaces 1114 and/or 1116.

It would probably work better with a digital SNN.

• Fire

goodvibes

Regular

BrainChip Hosts Devkit Webinar to Kick Off “AI for Good” TinyML Challenge​

Laguna Hills, Calif. – May 17, 2023 – BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event- based, neuromorphic AI IP, will host a webinar introducing the Akida™ PCIe Board Evaluation Kit as part of the tinyML Hackathon 2023: Pedestrian Detection Challenge, May 18 at 8 a.m. PDT.

Tiny machine learning (TinyML) is broadly defined as a fast-growing field of machine learning technologies and applications, including hardware, algorithms and software, capable of performing on-device sensor data analytics at extremely low power, enabling a variety of always-on use-cases and targeting battery operated devices without need for connection to cloud.

This year’s challenge, in partnership with the City of San Jose’s Vision Zero program, is to develop a Tiny ML-based solution to detect pedestrians and others. BrainChip’s webinar provides those participating in the challenge with information about the Akida Board Evaluation Kit and how it can be used to deliver efficient AI performance at the Edge, thus enabling intelligent devices and applications.

The Akida Board Evaluation Kit is a one-lane PCIe board, for Akida technology assessment. It includes the AKD1000 Akida processor from BrainChip. The PCIe board can be integrated into a Linux computer including an x86-64 PC architecture, such as any intel, i5, i7, i9 based computer, or an Arm aarch64 machine such as a Raspberry Pi 4.

“We look forward to providing developers with guidance on utilizing BrainChip IP to create compelling solutions for the tinyML Hackathon Challenge,” said Rob Telson, BrainChip Vice President of Ecosystem and Partnerships. “BrainChip’s proven hyper-efficient object detection and classification capabilities empowers participants to build innovative applications that identify pedestrians, cyclists and distinguish other objects in any kind of environment in real-time. These solutions can ultimately lead to a significant reduction in traffic fatalities and injuries. We’re excited to help make roads and travel safer for everyone.”

The tinyML Hackathon runs May 19-September 15. To register for BrainChip’s webinar, interested parties can visit https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/3916833274949/WN_2f8BOyaYTS2yFn-KHdVxDQ#/registration

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 37 users

goodvibes

Regular
Rob did it again and liked Teal…

Find out why many leading robotics companies are making the switch to eSIM technology. Tune into our on-demand webinar to learn about the benefits of eSIM, and if this new technology is right for your business.

Watch here!

Connecting Robots Everywhere
Teal is proud to present the on demand webinar, “Connecting Robots Everywhere – How eSIM is Enabling the Future of Robotics”.
In this webinar, you will learn about the 3 biggest benefits of eSIM technology for robotics use cases:
  1. How eSIM can save your business time and money.
  2. How eSIM can provide you with more flexibility and control.
  3. Why true eSIM provides the highest level of performance for any robotics and automation use case.
Discover why leading robotics companies are making the switch to eSIM technology and how TEAL can solve multiple operational pain points for your business.
Access this important resource by filling out the form.

On Demand Webinar 2023​

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users
Top Bottom