BRN Discussion Ongoing

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
Hey why the eff did my orange juice dilution post get moderated, talk about party poopers.... so precious... this is getting as bad as the crapper!

Err better mention something relevant....hmmm... ok i think we are at the bottom now, and she will hover mid 40s until the agm..

There u go

View attachment 36347
Did you raise your concern with @zeeb0t Probably best you do that.
Xho you should know by now that you are not allowed to try and entertain certain sections of society with cleverly put together memes that require a little bit of thought to decipher. The majority (as a %) probably laughed, smiled, smirked or ignored it and took it for what it was but because a certain minority (as a specific number) decided it was off topic, boom its gone. I hope you haven't forked out any hard earned, only to be modded by people that potentially pay nothing and yet have an input into what's not allowed to be posted?

giphy.gif
Maybe rather than discussing it on the threads to create a reaction maybe you both should raise your moderation concerns with @zeeb0t

I'm sure he would much rather that.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
This might be interesting to someone, somewhere. Maybe one for @Diogenese.

IMEC advertising 2 weeks ago for a PhD project exploiting neural networks for Extended Reality using 6G radio signals.

It says here "Extended Reality (XR) has been identified as the driving applications for future 6G networks by companies like Nokia [1], Ericsson [2], and Qualcomm [3"

View attachment 36359

View attachment 36358

Friend or foe?

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...Network-Calculations-to-IoT-Edge-Devices.html

Imec and GLOBALFOUNDRIES Announce Breakthrough in AI Chip, Bringing Deep Neural Network Calculations to IoT Edge Devices​

July 08, 2020 12:00 ET | Source: GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Leuven, Belgium, and Santa Clara, Calif., July 08, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Imec, a world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies, and GLOBALFOUNDRIES® (GF®), the world’s leading specialty foundry, today announced a hardware demonstration of a new artificial intelligence chip. Based on imec’s Analog in Memory Computing (AiMC) architecture utilizing GF’s 22FDX® solution, the new chip is optimized to perform deep neural network calculations on in-memory computing hardware in the analog domain. Achieving record-high energy efficiency up to 2,900 TOPS/W, the accelerator is a key enabler for inference-on-the-edge for low-power devices. The privacy, security and latency benefits of this new technology will have an impact on AI applications in a wide range of edge devices, from smart speakers to self-driving vehicles.

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users
Reactions: 3 users
D

Deleted member 118

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 users

M_C

Founding Member
I believe we have proven links to a few of these companies......dyor, opinion only

Screenshot_20230513_150515_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

JDelekto

Regular
I was looking at the nasa site earlier and found a few interesting things, but one thing I have stumbled across a few times is they are pouring $$$ into AR/VR headsets etc and I wouldn’t be surprised this is the way we are heading
I have seen some awe-inspiring demonstrations of AR lately. One was the FDA clearance for using the Hololens for pre-operative surgery. Allowing a doctor to overlay a scan of the patient to plan their approach ahead of time, as opposed to going in blind, is a real game-changer.

There are other applications of AR for use in design and training. Generative AI will probably be used to overlay internal information, add labeling to internal components, identify and work with people or objects in low-light conditions, or make everyone within your line of sight look like one of Disney's minions.

I can certainly see a lot of value in how AI will be used in stand-alone AR headsets that need to work where access to the cloud is not available and need to work on mobile devices with as little power draw as possible.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users
Interest

BrainChip not specifically mentioned, however a nice photo of an Akida chip features in the article. Author has almost 10,000 LinkedIn followers

F6C6AE11-7EBB-4E65-9862-9337D17B386C.jpeg

1AB89C75-E27B-43DE-8218-F048FBD700BF.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 80 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
🚘 Business as usual? Not at all! Our new vehicle motion management is an example of how trends in automotive engineering lead to real innovative leaps. Thanks to intensified cross-divisional collaboration, we've developed a faster and more accurate system for stabilizing vehicles that goes beyond the braking system. It can also intervene in the electrical powertrain and electric steering system, resulting in shorter braking distances and safer roads. 🛣️🚦

💻 Vehicle motion management does not have to be part of the braking system. It can also come as a standalone, portable software package, ready for integration into a centralized control unit – a vehicle computer for example. And that's just the beginning! We anticipate a threefold increase in software applications and even a tenfold increase in applications that access the cloud. Learn more: https://bit.ly/BoschAPC23

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users
🚘 Business as usual? Not at all! Our new vehicle motion management is an example of how trends in automotive engineering lead to real innovative leaps. Thanks to intensified cross-divisional collaboration, we've developed a faster and more accurate system for stabilizing vehicles that goes beyond the braking system. It can also intervene in the electrical powertrain and electric steering system, resulting in shorter braking distances and safer roads. 🛣️🚦

💻 Vehicle motion management does not have to be part of the braking system. It can also come as a standalone, portable software package, ready for integration into a centralized control unit – a vehicle computer for example. And that's just the beginning! We anticipate a threefold increase in software applications and even a tenfold increase in applications that access the cloud. Learn more: https://bit.ly/BoschAPC23

Not Akida / Aikido / Alida unfortunately...

"standalone, portable software package, ready for integration into a centralized control unit".

"We anticipate a threefold increase in software applications and even a tenfold increase in applications that access the cloud."

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Diogenese

Top 20

This is a combined Bosch/Prophesee patent for detecting potential collisions:

US2021056323A1 FAST DETECTION OF SECONDARY OBJECTS THAT MAY INTERSECT THE TRAJECTORY OF A MOVING PRIMARY OBJECT

1683969266730.png

A system (1) for detecting dynamic secondary objects (55) that have a potential to intersect the trajectory (51) of a moving primary object (50), comprising a vision sensor (2) with a light-sensitive area (20) that comprises event-based pixels (21), so that a relative change in the light intensity impinging onto an event-based pixel (21) of the vision sensor (2) by at least a predetermined percentage causes the vision sensor (2) to emit an event (21a) associated with this event-based pixel (21), wherein the system (1) further comprises a discriminator module (3) that gets both the stream of events (21a) from the vision sensor (2) and information (52) about the heading and/or speed of the motion of the primary object (50) as inputs, and is configured to identify, from said stream of events (21a), based at least in part on said information (52), events (21b) that are likely to be caused by the motion of a secondary object (55), rather than by the motion of the primary object (50).

Real time object identification is essential in such a system.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Iseki

Regular
Re: It's okay to vote no.

Like others I want to see some tangible improvement.

I'm still excited about the possibility of BRN shares performing v well into the future, and can't tell if kicking the board under the table will do much to help. After thinking about my situation I have come to the conclusion that if I fell under a bus my children would look at the current share price and sell immediately. Therefore I have decided to sell just enough shares to purchase a total death life insurance policy for $1M (talk to an actuary, don't buy any add-ons). Now I'm a lot calmer and a lot less anxious. But still excited.

Just something I wish to share.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom