BRN Discussion Ongoing

Hi Yak, I don't look at the above trading as having anything to do with "shorts"

My take is that the above is classic "bot" trading - small trade parcels working to an algorithmic pattern toward a quantitative design, which in itself is pure market manipulation.

I don't see a relationship per se between bot activity and options trading. If any of the instos who deploy bots were found to be running options trading related to their quantitative analysed algorithms, they would be in deep trouble legally. However I would be very interested to know where legal boundaries lie with regard to any relationship with options trading campaigns and bot trading (HFT) actually sit, I believe ASIC and ASX should make this relationship clear.

Shorts or Put trading is done in contracts, usually a contract is for 100 or 1000 of the underlying (in this case BRN), it is the same with the other most common options strategy a Call (buying options contracts looking at an increase in SP).

Thusly options traders can play the market going up with Calls or going down with Puts.

You cannot just go to a trading platform or broker that I am aware of, and ask to borrow some shares for the purpose of shorting or going long. You look up options chains, you have to buy contracts (not just random numbers). Options trading is complex, and it is also risky if you don't know what you are doing, there is always someone on the other side of the trade, it is certainly no walk in the park - as I see so many posts here indicate.

This is not personal at all Yak, I see so many posts on here re shorters which IMO indicates a clear lack of knowledge about what is involved in trading options.

I may post re the LDA deal later (if I can find time) because I believe that it is not well understood here, this is in part because the wording of the announcement itself does not clearly elucidate what the LDA arrangement actually constitutes. To be perfectly honest I find the wording and terms used unusual.
There's of course always the general short funds, that just short broadly:

B.t.w., interesting that if you click into ROBT an AI and robotics fund, they own more Brainchip than they own nVidia:

• Wow
Reactions: 12 users

Cardpro

Regular
Seems to me that this is now confirmed as a slow burn. Doesn't appear to be any chance of a sudden ground-breaking announcement that will see a re-rate any time soon. The use of the term 'interested' when referring to customers doesn't really mean much in my opinion, it appears as though none are willing to commit to this new tech and are quite happy to wait and see what each new version will bring. 'AKD1000 never intended to be a revenue stream'....really? I thought Sean said the company would be self sustaining by Y/E 2022 on the back of AKD1000, perhaps I misunderstood. Personally I'm not expecting much from the next 4C or the AGM. Producing better and better chips/IP is fine but not if potential customers keep sitting on their hands waiting to see what's next. Nice, professional looking presentation thothough

Although I am quite annoyed at the current share price, to be fair, I think he was saying that the physical chip was never intended for massive sale as we are focusing on IP deals...

Reactions: 12 users

Pappagallo

Regular
Too far to travel for what I think will be a rehash of last year's AGM - without the forward looking statements of course🤔

Sounds like you have a lot on the line!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
NVDIA A100 versus AKIDA - US Department of Homeland Security

Talk about getting champagne for beer prices!!! 🍻

cat-wine.gif

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 12.39.08 pm.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

mrgds

Regular
Hi Yak, I don't look at the above trading as having anything to do with "shorts"

My take is that the above is classic "bot" trading - small trade parcels working to an algorithmic pattern toward a quantitative design, which in itself is pure market manipulation.

I don't see a relationship per se between bot activity and options trading. If any of the instos who deploy bots were found to be running options trading related to their quantitative analysed algorithms, they would be in deep trouble legally. However I would be very interested to know where legal boundaries lie with regard to any relationship with options trading campaigns and bot trading (HFT) actually sit, I believe ASIC and ASX should make this relationship clear.

Shorts or Put trading is done in contracts, usually a contract is for 100 or 1000 of the underlying (in this case BRN), it is the same with the other most common options strategy a Call (buying options contracts looking at an increase in SP).

Thusly options traders can play the market going up with Calls or going down with Puts.

You cannot just go to a trading platform or broker that I am aware of, and ask to borrow some shares for the purpose of shorting or going long. You look up options chains, you have to buy contracts (not just random numbers). Options trading is complex, and it is also risky if you don't know what you are doing, there is always someone on the other side of the trade, it is certainly no walk in the park - as I see so many posts here indicate.

This is not personal at all Yak, I see so many posts on here re shorters which IMO indicates a clear lack of knowledge about what is involved in trading options.

I may post re the LDA deal later (if I can find time) because I believe that it is not well understood here, this is in part because the wording of the announcement itself does not clearly elucidate what the LDA arrangement actually constitutes. To be perfectly honest I find the wording and terms used unusual.
Thnx @McHale .................... im sure alot of forum readers would be interested in your thoughts on the LDA Capitol deal, me included, so if you can find the time that would be great.
I agree that the wording of the arrangement was not something i could fully understand, ie quite vague.
@TECH seems to be optimistic regarding news of it, or at least thinking it should be released for shareholders.
Id certainly like to know ......... why it was done, when it was done?
......... will the funds be spent on something major ( like are BRN supporting the Renesas Tape-out ? )
........... is the money just going to ongoing R&D and staffing, as no revenue expected in the near term?
........... why was the period so long and at what price BRN set the floor price?
It was stated to be finalised end of March/early April, .............. well i guess technically we are still in "early April" as the month has 30 days, and its the 14th today , like @TECH i feel we shareholders need to get a clear account of why and how this capitol raise was executed.

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 36 users
I just looked a bit further into it, try to look at how much the AI and Robotics fund invest in these selected companies:
View attachment 34256

So they invest more in Brainchip than NXP, Qualcomm, Micron, nVidia, Intel, Google, Amazon and Tesla :D
Of course, they have obviously divided the companies into three tiers, but we're still not down with Intel, Google, Amazon and Tesla :D

Reactions: 1 users

TECH

Regular
I believe the context is that the actual "chip" was not meant to be a revenue generator. They did not have an enormous amount of the chips manufactured, and those they did manufacture were put into the devices sold to EAP partners, evaluators, and developers.

The AKD1000 IP is still a very viable and marketable commercial product. MegaChips and Renesas have licensed it for their products and customers. BrainChip spelled this out long ago on the roadmap shared at the various technology and investor conferences.

NVISO makes its human behavior SDKs available for the AKD1000 platform but also demonstrates substantial performance differences between BrainChip's technology and more well-known competitors.

My point is that it was not a "throwaway" first pass that was never intended to be a product; quite the contrary. Yes, neuromorphic is still quite a new concept in AI hardware and will require adoption. I imagine the first adopters are making neuromorphic sensors, such as those for vision processing. More will follow over time.

In the meantime, it makes no sense for BrainChip to stop working on its second-generation technology influenced by other companies whose interest has now been piqued. I imagine they will be treated to architectural improvements that will provide the functionality required to fulfill their vision while providing enhanced performance for specific applications.

There are plenty of applications that can be fulfilled using 1st generation Akida architecture.

I did listen to Sean's presentation in the early hours here in Perth, I'd have to disagree with his comments surrounding AKD 1000, he obviously knows best but before he came onboard the engineering samples were just that, samples, then we did the tape out with TSMC, that batch of chips performed better than was initially hoped for, then we completely changed tack, moving from a semi-conductor chip supplier to an IP service provider first and foremost, that was the point that I believe that AKD 1000 become known as the reference chip, all along Peter had all but completed his workings on AKD 2000, having a working model in the lab at Perth and sent it off to Anil and his team in the US.

We maybe even designing specific IP for specific clients, working in with and tweaking designs to accommodate the client, I did like how Sean corrected himself at one point last night when referring to customers, changing that to prospective customers, just keeping things real, not being tempted to get ahead of himself, that showed good discipline on his behalf in my opinion.

Lumpy revenue is a damn site better than no revenue, we continue to grow, continue to gain traction in the key areas that we are and have been targeting for a number of years now, we all know that the "edge" is the new gold, and it's coming in a big way, keep a cool head, you like me are invested in a great developing company, as Sean alluded to last night, our team of staff are ALL highly intelligent, data centers have their place in this world, but the edge is the future and I and you all know it.

God bless Brainchip and the flock :rolleyes:(y);) Tech.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 78 users

suss

Regular
Hopefully another revenue lump appears before the AGM!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Hopefully another revenue lump appears before the AGM!
What do you call a Pegasus that is being sus? A megasus.
👋

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Just to give an example of how long it can take to implement new technology for the depressed/panicked posters here..

DEEPX has signed a memorandum of understanding with Hyundai Motor Co. and Kia Corp. to further develop its artificial intelligence semiconductor technology designed for robots.

Hyundai Motor is the parent company of Kia Corp., and they both share a robotics lab at the Uiwang R&D Center in Gyeonggi-do, South Korea. The companies have used DEEPX's technology as part of a proof-of-concept phase over the past year to run algorithms that allow robots to smoothly complete their tasks.

DEEPX said its semiconductor technology demonstrated that it offers high AI computational efficiency and low power operation, making it suitable for mass production.

As part of the agreement, Hyundai and Kia plan to take this technology out of development, commercialize it and then mass-produce it. The companies said they will integrate DEEPX's system-on-chip (SoC) into their own products that are being developed at the robotics lab.

“I expect we can lead the excellent robotics service development in both performance and price by combining the SW technology of the Robotics Lab and DEEPX's HW technology,” said Dong Jin-Hyun, leader of the Hyundai and Kia Robotics Lab. “As soon as we confirm and examine the superiority of DEEPX NPU chip products, we will carry on with further cooperation and apply it to the robot that is under research and development.”

At least 12 months in and even when there is confirmation of the chip performance, further cooperation (testing) will have to be performed.
So LOL at the disappointment of waiting many months for new licence agreements with Brainchip. How’s this for realistic @Foxdog ?

Brainchip have built a solid foundation. I will stress again that impatience is what is breeding the anxiety on here.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
There has been a bit of argy bargy today so I thought it would be good to remind people of what Sean said at the last AGM.
Below is the last part of his prepared speech.
I'm sure all parties will be listening intently.
Kind regards to all views.

We are:•
Aggressively sourcing and hiring world class tech talent.
•Filing new patents.
•Working diligently on documentation, look/feel, UI to make our technology easier to consume.
•Paying close attention to our competitors.
•Refining, expanding, and accelerating our roadmap and see opportunities beyond the edge
.For the short term, you can expect another major release of next generation IP and another reference chip prior to the next AGM
.Lastly before I turn the meeting back over to Antonio, let me briefly recap.It’s been nearly a half year of building a commercial engine that is just now starting to reveal its possibility.
Key priorities and initiatives include:
•Structuring Commercialization.
•Understanding our Market Ecosystem.
•Clarifying our Business Model.
•Ensuring Product-Market Fit.
•Focusing on Marketing.
•Expanding Sales.
Our work on the commercialization leg of the stool has made substantial progress but it is a journey of continuing improvement.But when you couple this commercial engine with our differentiated IP product, delivering proven and an exponential improvement on anything else available, plus a market which is moving to the edge, I am highly confident that the commercial results will come in a steady and sustainable fashion. Even with all this hard work on commercialization in the last 5 months, the company and myself should be judged not on effort, but results. With that said, I look forward to standing before you next year to share all the progress and results from this next critical chapter of BrainChip’s commercialization.
Thank you.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 54 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Just to clarify, because I was the one who mentioned that Tony Dawe said to me in an email that anyone who is using Akida would not keep it a secret for long and would use it in their marketing, here is the email.

The email was sent to me on March 2nd 2023.

1681453336741.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
There has been a bit of argy bargy today so I thought it would be good to remind people of what Sean said at the last AGM.

•Filing new patents.
•Working diligently on documentation, look/feel, UI to make our technology easier to consume.
•Refining, expanding, and accelerating our roadmap and see opportunities beyond the edge
.For the short term, you can expect another major release of next generation IP and another reference chip prior to the next AGM
.Lastly before I turn the meeting back over to Antonio, let me briefly recap.It’s been nearly a half year of building a commercial engine that is just now starting to reveal its possibility.
•Focusing on Marketing.
•Expanding Sales.
Our work on the commercialization leg of the stool has made substantial progress but it is a journey of continuing improvement.But when you couple this commercial engine with our differentiated IP product, delivering proven and an exponential improvement on anything else available, plus a market which is moving to the edge, I am highly confident that the commercial results will come in a steady and sustainable fashion. Even with all this hard work on commercialization in the last 5 months, the company and myself should be judged not on effort, but results. With that said, I look forward to standing before you next year to share all the progress and results from this next critical chapter of BrainChip’s commercialization.
Thank you.

Unfortunately, the commercial results have not yet come in at a steady and sustainable fashion. I read into "sustainable" in that we are making a profit but we are yet to do so. Based on that statement alone, I had hoped that we would not need to dip into any external funding but we have. Hopefully it is the last time we require LDA's money.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

McHale

Regular
There's of course always the general short funds, that just short broadly:

B.t.w., interesting that if you click into ROBT an AI and robotics fund, they own more Brainchip than they own nVidia:
Hi Frederick, this is easy and quick, the RBOT you are referring to here has no relationship to "bots", RBOT is an etf which is focussed upon the global robotics industry and other related entities. etf's are commonly referred to as a means of passive investing.

Whereas bots are actually computers which are programmed by highly skilled (and highly sought after) computer programmers known as quantitative analysts, these people write very complex code based on complex algorithms - they are not your average programmer. The bots are deployed at stock exchanges and they execute "high frequency trading" patterns, as a means of catalyzing SP movement on certain targeted stocks.

The instos which deploy these computer/bots, have very deep pockets, they also do not pay the usual execution fees retail investors pay - they get bulk rates.

As I have said before IMO bots are the real enemy, and according to info I have seen, are now responsible for 70% of SP movement on global bourses.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
D

Deleted member 118

Just managed to add another 10,000 shares to my personal holdings.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

jtardif999

Regular
@Tothemoon24

Some prev posts when I went digging a little on them as from memory someone picked up maybe Rob mentioned them in a video or something. Was very brief mention.

Posts not in date order but bits on Oculi fwiw.

Anil mentioned Oculi in a presentation - I can’t remember which one/when, but he implied they had some sort of relationship without directly stating that there was. AIMO.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Easytiger

Regular

•Filing new patents.
•Focusing on Marketing.
•Expanding Sales.
Thank you.
Good discussion, suggest Sean at the AGM should present:
Slide: Roadmap to steady and sustainable revenue, with the next critical steps and actions to achieve successful commercialisation time-boxed.
Slide: highlights and KPIs summarising the Board approved 3 year strategy and growth plan.

This information will enable shareholders to reset expectations, timeframes and their personal wealth plans, which should provide the board-approved commercial path that can be more objectively and positively debated and tracked here.

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom