BRN Discussion Ongoing

Who said I was depressed? Now who’s posting misinformation?
I did not call you depressed but the depth of your negative passion gave rise to a fear on my part that this might be the case and I was concerned for you.

Your laughter gave me confidence this was not the case but as another poster pointed out you do have this negative demeanour that can lead to such a concern.

I shall no longer worry about your health.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Realinfo

Regular
‘The dog ate it’…the perennial excuse for not handing in your homework.

Akida Development Environments (ADE’s) were released to Early Access Partners (EAP’s) back in 2019. Feedback from these partners were taken on board, causing a delay in the completion of the Akida IP. On 8 April 2020, TSMC began production of the Akida 1000 chip, which worked better than expected. By this time our battler had over 100 NDA’s in place. From these, the company selected about 24 Fortune 500 household name companies to work closely with. The selected companies were considered the most likely to bring early commercial success…this all happened back in 2020.

What happened guys…did the dog eat them?

In his address at the last AGM in May ‘22 (when the head winds spoken of today were known and already being felt) our CEO said…’I am highly confident that commercial results will come in a steady and sustainable fashion. The company and myself should be judged not on effort, but results. I look forward to standing before you next year to share all the results from this next critical chapter’.

It’s time to call a spade a spade. Our CEO has delivered on half his brief…the production of the second generation of Akida (but for this we really have to thank Peter, Anil and their teams)…and the expansion of partners and collaborators (the ‘ecosystem’) our battler works withIn (but was this not really Rob‘s responsibility).

I know I’ll be decapitated for saying this but our CEO has failed miserably to deliver on the commercial side, exacerbated perhaps by public comments from directors and senior executives from the latter part of 2021 to the middle of 2022.

He, Antonio and Mia have been paid overs for their performance to date. If you don’t believe me just take a look at the 2022 Annual Report. Ahead of the May’23 AGM, we can expect the remuneration outline for directors and senior executives. I call for a stop to any bonus or incentive payments being paid until the company at least reaches break even on revenue v expenses. Directors and senior executives should also feel the pain us shareholders are enduring right now.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

robsmark

Regular
I did not call you depressed but the depth of your negative passion gave rise to a fear on my part that this might be the case and I was concerned for you.

Your laughter gave me confidence this was not the case but as another poster pointed out you do have this negative demeanour that can lead to such a concern.

I shall no longer worry about your health.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I apologise, I misinterpreted your post. My MH is fine thanks FF.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
“A person of your mindset” - the word is rational. Seeing things as they currently are on a financial level.
Whose financial level, yours?

I think your ability for rational thought, might be directly related to the share price and not what the Company is actually doing.

I'm separating the progress that the Company is making from the share price and you imply that I'm being irrational and just hopeful, with wishful thinking of our success?

I guess when more IP deals are signed and the revenue starts flowing from things that are already put into place, with a rising share price, that you will be all happy and say things like..

"See! I told you that's what we needed!"

🙄

But yeah, I said I wouldn't go here..

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
I am happy to go along with your train of thought if you can point to one major concern outside of the share price. Share price does not always reflect a company health. We are being manipulated. Someone showed earlier a graph of where institutions have been ramping up buying over the last 6 months or so.

Generally when I make an investment I look at these factors and I would like for you to show your concerns around any of them. Please point out if there is anything major that I have left out.

1: company’s product. (What they are selling)
2: company’s market strategy (How do they plan to sell their product)
3: company’s streams of income( what are their streams of income or working plan towards getting said streams of income)
4: Quality of management (who is running the company and what is their history)
5: Partnership ( who is backing the company and validating their products)
6: Debt( what is their debt and what is their working plan towards profitability)
7: Competitors( who is their competition that may affect sale)
8: sector growth( is the company selling a product that is in demand and has a over all growth projection in coming years)
9. Uniqueness( do they have a point of difference over other similar product and does it solve a specific problem?)
10. Market readiness ( does the market seam to be ready for the product)
11. Does the company meet expectations on their promises or projected milestones( History)

I am not trying to offend you, and I am open to listen, but I would like to hear from you if you can fault Brainchip as a company according to my personal investment plan. These are critical questions I ask myself before investing and I can not fault Brainchip on anything so far. Please add to these points as you wish and tell me what concerns you have. It sucks to see SP this low in my opinion, but it has nothing to do with my confidence in my investment.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Slade

Top 20
Its only 8 weeks away so I will wait until the AGM to hear what the team has to say about the progress the company is making towards securing revenue. It looks to me from all the news we have received that Brainchip is progressing very well, but perhaps they are 6 to 12 months behind the timeline that some may have set for themselves.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

cosors

👀
@cosors

I have learnt through experience that no one can know all things or be expert at everything. Everyone can contribute in their field of expertise. Everyone is unique through learning, life, experience, interests etc. That’s why we have different people for different roles in the business, e.g. an accountant re finances, a lawyer re patents, an engineer to build things etc.

If you have a particular skill set and knowledge (which you do as an engineer in the automotive industry) then you are well placed to address this issue, identify problems and possible solutions. Often people thinks everyone knows what they know; however the reality is that everyone is in their own individual silo or bubble and what is in their bubble is completely different to someone else’s bubble or circle of knowledge or ideas.

I have worked in large organisations and quite often the people at the top are too far removed from the workers in the field; there is a disconnect and it creates problems. The workers grumble because management don’t fix their problems and management grumble because they aren’t seeing continuously improved results on KPI’s. Often unfortunately because of the disconnect the source of the problems aren’t addressed so the issues continue. Sometimes this is caused due to a hierarchal system within the workplace where rank/position reduces the ability to communicate freely. This can be solved by having a more open communication style where you don’t have to speak with 3 levels of bureaucracy to get the right person to listen work through the problem together.

A good company such as Brainchip should have the agility to be able to address issues quickly and without regard to personality. What I mean by that is it doesn’t matter whose idea wins: just use the best solution. Government is generally awful at this for a variety of reasons.

From my understanding of Brainchip’s management culture I think that if an opportunity presents itself, and they have the resources to do what you suggest then they would jump at the chance to influence a political situation by presenting a long lasting viable solution which benefits the environment and Brainchip.

The issue I think @Fact Finder was raising is what I “think” was a problem with Nanose is that the sensor could detect the disease with appropriate accuracy however once you have used it, how is it cleaned so there is no contamination issues for the next test. Otherwise once you get one positive every test after that could be tainted and positive which renders it useless. This could be the same issue with the fuel sensor you are suggesting. It is not my field so I have no idea on how to fix that issue. Hopefully someone else has that covered!

So the short version is: if you have a good idea then raise it. There is nothing lost in doing so.

Cheers
Thank you for your words. I know exactly what you mean because I know it myself. Often it is better to skip hierarchies because each fights only for himself and the head no longer knows what the torso does. Even though I have met bosses who have never lost touch and I myself have had the experience of making contacts throughout the chain and keeping everyone together.

But someone of you reported me again. And that after I am particularly sensitized because of the first time. In both cases, I could not identify the origin or the accuser. I also wrote to our admin to find out which post of mine was against the rules. At the moment it feels to me like being judged without knowing by whom and why. I come from Germany and here there was the DDR and in each block of houses a block warden who made sure that everything conformed to the system. So I have a different view on surveillance and anonymous denunciators. At the moment it's no fun for me anymore here.

____
added:
The matter has just been cleared up. Thanks again zeeb0t for the quick response. The post has been restored.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 28 users

JB49

Regular
Just thought I'd attach this for anyone that needs to be reminded.
1679552963686.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users
I think you might be confusing the "value" of a company purchasing the IP, as opposed to the chip..

The IP is not a "soft" version of the chip, it's what "makes" the chip.

The net revenue to us, would be pretty much the same, whether they purchase a chip from us, or pay IP royalties per chip.

The customer pays more for the chips, but we're outlaying the money, to produce the chips..

Selling the IP, our costs are just employee and IP development related.

Don't underestimate the value of an above 90% margin business plan.

Sorry in advance, if I misunderstood your concerns.
Thanks for your input. I’m not worried about revenue. I’m trying to understand the value proposition from the customers point of view. If they just license the IP are they going to be able to achieve the same performance metrics that we have shown in our demos? Such as power consumption and accuracy in the object detection Or taste classification

Reactions: 2 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Almost everything I am looking at recently is receiving the same shorting treatment as us.
It has been a longer and more sustained attack for us but similar tech and bio tech companies I watch as well as lithium producers are all getting clobbered in a similar fashion.
I haven't looked much further than that but the bears and those who make dollars from falling stock prices are having a grand old time atm.
I understand that this is cyclical and like universes expanding and contracting over time is merely the way of things.
Caught up in the contraction or surfing the expansion (or vice versa for the shortee's) is just the Yin and Yang of the markets. 🤣
Sean and our Directors know this and hence their sage advise "that the share price will do........etc."

As has been repeated ad nauseam here, our fundamentals are sound, our IP is as protected by patents as well as is practical , we have secured more than adequate funding to see us through to self sufficiency and as evidenced by our growing partnerships and eco system collaborations as well as our targeted initiatives into the education arenas we are executing on our strategy which has been previously tested and proven by ARM, amongst others. We have also secured management expertise which has experience and a history of executing said strategy. 🤣

Yes, its somewhat of a slog atm, and I certainly did not expect (although I did provision for) our share price to be back at current levels.
Because of all of the above I am not panicking atm and am still accumulating what I can justify on the way down.
I continue to have faith that the system will balance out at some point particularly when taking into account all of the above.
Indeed, the more violently the system is artificially repressed the stronger the reaction will likely be.
All just my opinion of course.
We must each chart our own course in these choppy seas and cut our cloth to suit our means.
Looking forward to the AGM. 🤣

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 46 users

Braintonic

Regular
Screenshot_20230323_145325_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 16 users
1. Renesas
2. MegaChips
3. Mercedes Benz
4. Intellisense
5. Socionext
6. Intel
7. ARM
8. SiFive
9. Edge Impulse
10. Prophesee
11. NVISO
12. VALEO
13. NASA
14. Intelligence Systems Laboratories - ISL
15. US Air Force Research Laboratories
16. Ai LABS
17. EMOTION 3D
18. GlobalFoundries
19. ANT61
20. FORD - developing first of its kind stealth autonomous Electric Vehicle
21. TEKSUN

22. Carnegie Mellon University
23. Arizona State University
24. Rochester Institute of Technology

If you have done your own research these are twenty four very good reasons to have a positive outlook.

Then one can start to look at the scientific and engineering achievements:

1. Renesas taping out an AKIDA based MCU;
2. NVISO producing astonishing benchmarks for its apps running on AKIDA 1000;
3. ARM & Brainchip announcing M85 compatibility.
4. Prophesee announcing that AKIDA was what it was missing;
5. Mercedes Benz revealing AKIDA 1000 was five to ten times more efficient than competitor products;
6. MegaChips advising that it worked on the backend of AKD1500;
7. Brainchip and GlobalFoundries announcing AKIDA 1500 can be fabricated in its 22nm and reference chips available 2/2023;
8. Brainchip announces with public industry accolades the release to early adopters the AKIDA 2nd Generation;
9. ISL announcing the radar AKIDA design win;
10. Intellisense announcing their design solution utilising AKIDA for radio communications;
11. MegaChips producing unaccounted for IP licensing fees.
12. ANT61 sending AKIDA to space in 2024 & 2025 braining its autonomous mobile space ship repair robot - (thanks @Diogenese too much happening for me to remember)
13. SiFive announcing compatibility of AKIDA 1000 with X280 Intelligence Series - (I remembered this one by myself)

On top of which extraordinarily talented individuals have been joining Brainchip across all areas of the company from the Board Room to engineering to sales to marketing to research across Australia, the USA, Japan, Korea, Germany and India.

I suspect there is more you might want to add but all this has been achieved during the current CEO’s tenure.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 123 users

rgupta

Regular
In my opinion Brainchip has a number of choices:

1. Ask for the unsold shares to be returned;

2. Instruct LDA Capital to hold on to the shares until a further call is made;

3. Revise the floor price to permit LDA Capital to conclude this call.

The thing is as Blind Freddie pointed out LDA Capital could well have finished selling already as they only had 30 million to sell and if the floor was 50 cents they could easily have finished in less than 30 trading days from 11.1.23.

The reporting of the outcome would be done in the upcoming 4C due out end of April.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Just one question let us think
‘The dog ate it’…the perennial excuse for not handing in your homework.

Akida Development Environments (ADE’s) were released to Early Access Partners (EAP’s) back in 2019. Feedback from these partners were taken on board, causing a delay in the completion of the Akida IP. On 8 April 2020, TSMC began production of the Akida 1000 chip, which worked better than expected. By this time our battler had over 100 NDA’s in place. From these, the company selected about 24 Fortune 500 household name companies to work closely with. The selected companies were considered the most likely to bring early commercial success…this all happened back in 2020.

What happened guys…did the dog eat them?

In his address at the last AGM in May ‘22 (when the head winds spoken of today were known and already being felt) our CEO said…’I am highly confident that commercial results will come in a steady and sustainable fashion. The company and myself should be judged not on effort, but results. I look forward to standing before you next year to share all the results from this next critical chapter’.

It’s time to call a spade a spade. Our CEO has delivered on half his brief…the production of the second generation of Akida (but for this we really have to thank Peter, Anil and their teams)…and the expansion of partners and collaborators (the ‘ecosystem’) our battler works withIn (but was this not really Rob‘s responsibility).

I know I’ll be decapitated for saying this but our CEO has failed miserably to deliver on the commercial side, exacerbated perhaps by public comments from directors and senior executives from the latter part of 2021 to the middle of 2022.

He, Antonio and Mia have been paid overs for their performance to date. If you don’t believe me just take a look at the 2022 Annual Report. Ahead of the May’23 AGM, we can expect the remuneration outline for directors and senior executives. I call for a stop to any bonus or incentive payments being paid until the company at least reaches break even on revenue v expenses. Directors and senior executives should also feel the pain us shareholders are enduring right now.
To me the trouble is things can never travel in a straight line. Even when we watch a movie there were so many takes and retakes so that we get a perfect picture but even then it can be a flop
So regarding brn we are trying to commercialize a technology. There could be thousands of suggestions, millions of inquiry, one misstep may take us 2 year behind. And may put up a full stop to the company.
Regarding the decisions taken by Sean are partnership with arm, partnership with Intel, NVISO, prophesee, ISL, and so many more.
So if you cannot see the person that means you really have to work hard with your understandings.
Lastly stock market only favours the patient and intelligent people. Dyor

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Thank you for your words. I know exactly what you mean because I know it myself. Often it is better to skip hierarchies because each fights only for himself and the head no longer knows what the torso does. Even though I have met bosses who have never lost touch and I myself have had the experience of making contacts throughout the chain and keeping everyone together.

But someone of you reported me again. And that after I am particularly sensitized because of the first time. In both cases, I could not identify the origin or the accuser. I also wrote to our admin to find out which post of mine was against the rules. At the moment it feels to me like being judged without knowing by whom and why. I come from Germany and here there was the DDR and in each block of houses a block warden who made sure that everything conformed to the system. So I have a different view on surveillance and anonymous denunciators. At the moment it's no fun for me anymore here.
I understand and sympathise with your concerns.
Zeeb0t is aware of the situation and is working to rectify and improve it, but it will take a little time.
Sometimes life gets in the way.
I appreciate that given your history what has been put in place may be particularly triggering and have already expressed my concerns that it may have unintended consequences.
Please check in from time to time to assess the improvement as I for one would certainly miss your contributions. 😃

• Love
Reactions: 23 users

rgupta

Regular
Just one question let us think

To me the trouble is things can never travel in a straight line. Even when we watch a movie there were so many takes and retakes so that we get a perfect picture but even then it can be a flop
So regarding brn we are trying to commercialize a technology. There could be thousands of suggestions, millions of inquiry, one misstep may take us 2 year behind. And may put up a full stop to the company.
Regarding the decisions taken by Sean are partnership with arm, partnership with Intel, NVISO, prophesee, ISL, and so many more.
So if you cannot see the person that means you really have to work hard with your understandings.
Lastly stock market only favours the patient and intelligent people. Dyor
Sorry FF the last post have nothing to do with your post. That was attached by mistake.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

skutza

Regular
If you look at the shareprice when we signed our deal with Megachips, then it was around mid 50c. we jumped up to around the mid to high 60c after this deal. we then went to rocket ships for Mercedes and we know where that went. Whether it was just traders, or whoever I am sure some LTH sold some also to free ride and take profit off the table.

The Capital call was made in January 2022 at the time the share price was $1.40ish and by the end on April 2022 it had plummeted to back under $1.

So it was no surprise really that the call was done in January again this year, and no surprise that the Sp reacted and performed in a similar way. So really we can only complain to ourselves for not being "on the ball"

We never complained once when the traders etc manipulated the price to $2.34 and we were high fiving each other. But we curse them when we missed that boat. Lets put it into perspective. We are oversold, that I'm currently sure of as we were 50c before the Megachips deal. 65c it settled after the signing so maybe there is fair value at the moment? However the rate things are going in the media and talking up of Brainchip via some pretty big players then surely we will be on the road to $1 again soon. I've put my money where my mouth is, but I've been wrong before but I've never felt this confident either. good luck all

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I think that many people, myself included, have been guilty of underestimating the difficulty in establishing a market for such a revolutionary product.

This is not another better memory.

This is not just another better processor.

This is a totally new and revolutionary processor working on a principle unheard of outside the ivory towers of academe until a few years ago and working on a totally foreign fuzzy logic which is anathema to the incumbent von Neumann processor. It is so foreign that the experts argue as to how to measure its performance, albeit its performance far surpasses that of any previous processor as to speed and power efficiency, while losing nothing in accuracy. Akida makes child's play of the processing load which required a von Neumann processor to have a cooling system like a V8 Chevvy in traffic - without raising a sweat.

Clearly there are products for which Akida is a natural fit, DVS and LiDaR being foremost, with KWS close behind but not alone.

We were late to the Prophesee party, Prophesee itself being a wunderkind. We missed the first wave of Prophesee/Sony. Prophesee have a prior engagement with Synsense, but we have a spot on their dance card.

Automotive products have a mandatory years-long proving period. We've served our apprenticeship with Valeo - will we reap the reward with the new Mercedes due out later this year?

Mercedes also trumpeted our KWS ability, and plans to "standardize" its chip inventory. Dare we hope?

And now, within the last couple of weeks, BrainChip have announced Akida 1500 in GF's 22 nm layout, sans ARM Cortex, a format which meets a recent NASA SBIR, not to mention the satellite repair robot.

And, if you're underwhelmed by that, perhaps you were whelmed by Akida Gen 2? It can skip and transform while paying attention to the time.

If you're not big on deferred gratification, BrainChip may not be a good fit.

They say that the darkest hour is just before dawn, or, in sharemarketese, the price is always lowest just before it goes up.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 117 users
Top Bottom