BRN Discussion Ongoing

cosors

👀
OK, I thought you meant that, as a result of origin, the methanol molecule was somehow different. If there's a difference in proportion of free H2O molecules between e-methanol and original recipe, why couldn't they just dress-up original recipe methanol by adding water?
The water comes through the manufacturing process.

Reactions: 4 users

Frangipani

Regular
Last February, @butcherano posted:

“So this put me onto looking at implantable medical devices that rely on low power and long battery life and require good pattern identification skills, which led me to pacemakers. I think @Fact Finder has mentioned this before but I don’t recall seeing any articles or research posted (…)
So what are people’s thoughts on seeing Akida inside something like a pacemaker some time soon? Any chance of joining some dots here?...”

@Learning replied to this post at the time and mentioned he knew someone with a pacemaker implanted in his chest to control early Parkinson’s.

Both of them along with the rest of us will be pleased to learn about the following hot off the press article, which boiled down to its essence (you are welcome, @Rocket577 😉) says:
“Researchers at Michigan Technological University are applying neuromorphic computing to improve the effectiveness and energy efficiency of deep brain stimulation systems used to treat Parkinson’s disease.”

The only fly in the ointment being that those MTU researchers have so far been experimenting with Loihi. They are, however, more than aware of Intel’s competitors as evidenced by the following quote: “We’ve discovered that neuromorphic chips, including Intel Loihi, outperform other computational platforms in terms of energy-efficiency by 109 times,” An said. (…) An and Yu plan to collaboratively design their own memristive neuromorphic chip specifically for closed-loop DBS systems. “Our research on these new, innovative computational paradigms — along with the design of emergent AI chips — will open a new door to greater and faster development of smart medical devices for brain rehabilitation,” said An. “Even wearable medical devices are now well within the realm of possibility.” “

Surely there must be other labs around the world doing similar research.
Beneficial AI at its best.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Kachoo

Regular
I'm thinking about it. I am just very shy. I was thinking of those who know the board personally. Who should listen to. I had this situation exactly with Talga and I wrote then. And a year later I realize that this is exactly what is happening. Is not up to me. But this is not about a year but that one sticks something to the other. Where are our sensors for wine testing?

I am quiet now.
Mate,

Tony and crew are very professional and will accept your inquiry.

The world is not built by one individual people have all sorts of strenghts and weaknesses.

Your Idea may in really good or not I don't know. Pass it to the pros and they will take you idea dissect it and see if there is merit and value.

You would never get a rude or negative response from such people.

• Fire
Reactions: 22 users

sl.oldi

Das Wasser kommt durch den Herstellungsprozess.

Ich denke darüber nach. Ich bin nur sehr schüchtern. Ich dachte an diejenigen, die den Vorstand persönlich kennen. Wer sollte zuhören. Ich hatte genau diese Situation mit Talga und habe damals geschrieben. Und ein Jahr später merke ich, dass genau das passiert. Liegt nicht an mir. Aber hier geht es nicht um ein Jahr, sondern darum, dass einer dem anderen etwas anhaftet. Wo sind unsere Sensoren für Weintests?

Ich bin jetzt ruhig.
Do it .... mach einfach ....

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users
Hi @rgupta I'm not sure either way. However I would suppose that at least one of the 1000 eyes may have found a strand of proof, yet there was none forthcoming. In addition to this, and around the same time, @chapman89 had a text conversation with the CEO of Prophesee and Luca stated that we were a demonstration partner, or words to that effect. So my case rests, your honour - and I wish I was wrong in saying no!
I think we need to go back to your original statement which was that SynSense had won the first round as they were engaged with Qualcomm and Prophesee on the no blur lenses.

It was pointed out that there was no evidence that SynSense was involved with Qualcomm and in fact all the evidence points to Qualcomm using their own processor with Prophesee’s vision sensor.

I am not sure who it is that you say is still claiming that Brainchip is involved with Qualcomm and Prophesee on the no blur lenses that are coming out this year but I did not think this was a prevailing view on TSEx.

In my opinion the focus here is on the following:

1. Prophesee prior to Luca Verre appearing on the Brainchip podcast has had public engagements with Intel, SynSense, Qualcomm, Sony and said that every previous engagement until they combined with Brainchip involved compromise and did not allow their vision sensor to achieve its full potential,

2. At CES 2023 Prophesee booked a suite and invited Brainchip to be its demonstration partner,

3. Prophesee announced just prior to CES 2023 commencing that they had over 100 customer meetings scheduled and the majority were subject of Non Disclosure Agreements,

4. Prophesee’s Luca Verre is on record answering a question from Jesse Chapman that they hoped to reach a commercial agreement with Brainchip,

5. The recently updated Brainchip website makes crystal clear that Brainchip and Prophesee are partners.

6. The fact that both Sony and Qualcomm have both partnered with Prophesee and are bringing product to market proves that Prophesee has an advanced vision sensor with commercial application even when not performing to its full potential because of being hooked up to less ideal processors.

7. This being the case logic suggests that if Prophesee can achieve sales engagements with Sony and Qualcomm in less than perfect circumstances that when combined with Brainchip’s AKIDA technology the 100 new NDA protected customer engagements are highly likely to yield commercial engagements for an optimised Prophesee vision sensor utilising AKIDA technology.

And this is why I am excited and I believe others are excited by the partnership between Brainchip and Prophesee.

Mercedes Benz 12 months before engaging with Brainchip had worked with Intel but clearly moved up to AKIDA. This is exactly the same story as has unfolded with Prophesee.

They have tried the rest but gone with the BE(A)ST being the MIND BOGGLING SCIENCE FICTION that is AKIDA Technology.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 57 users

Quatrojos

Regular
The water comes through the manufacturing process.
But could be added at any stage so that original recipe methanol 'looks like' e-methanol.

• Fire
Reactions: 1 users

Foxdog

Regular
I'm thinking about it. I am just very shy. I was thinking of those who know the board personally. Who should listen to. I had this situation exactly with Talga and I wrote then. And a year later I realize that this is exactly what is happening. Is not up to me. But this is not about a year but that one sticks something to the other. Where are our sensors for wine testing?

I am quiet now.
Mate, Tony Dawe will listen to you just like any other shareholder. Send him an email with the info you've just posted here and he will address it with the urgency that he deems necessary from a company perspective.

Good luck 👌

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

jk6199

Regular
We're under attack boys & girls.

The only power I have is to hang onto all my shares and buy as many more as I can before the clearance sale finishes.

The only thing is, I don't know how low I can get them for?

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

davidfitz

Regular
Not sure if this has been posted?

Vivotek unveils edge computing facial recognition camera​

A trio of edge AI developers have revealed new technologies that bring biometric storage and processing close to the place of application. They include a new camera from Vivotek, a family of vision-processing chips from Hailo, and a real-time data processing platform from BrainChip.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 44 users

I am quiet now.

@cosors

I have learnt through experience that no one can know all things or be expert at everything. Everyone can contribute in their field of expertise. Everyone is unique through learning, life, experience, interests etc. That’s why we have different people for different roles in the business, e.g. an accountant re finances, a lawyer re patents, an engineer to build things etc.

If you have a particular skill set and knowledge (which you do as an engineer in the automotive industry) then you are well placed to address this issue, identify problems and possible solutions. Often people thinks everyone knows what they know; however the reality is that everyone is in their own individual silo or bubble and what is in their bubble is completely different to someone else’s bubble or circle of knowledge or ideas.

I have worked in large organisations and quite often the people at the top are too far removed from the workers in the field; there is a disconnect and it creates problems. The workers grumble because management don’t fix their problems and management grumble because they aren’t seeing continuously improved results on KPI’s. Often unfortunately because of the disconnect the source of the problems aren’t addressed so the issues continue. Sometimes this is caused due to a hierarchal system within the workplace where rank/position reduces the ability to communicate freely. This can be solved by having a more open communication style where you don’t have to speak with 3 levels of bureaucracy to get the right person to listen work through the problem together.

A good company such as Brainchip should have the agility to be able to address issues quickly and without regard to personality. What I mean by that is it doesn’t matter whose idea wins: just use the best solution. Government is generally awful at this for a variety of reasons.

From my understanding of Brainchip’s management culture I think that if an opportunity presents itself, and they have the resources to do what you suggest then they would jump at the chance to influence a political situation by presenting a long lasting viable solution which benefits the environment and Brainchip.

The issue I think @Fact Finder was raising is what I “think” was a problem with Nanose is that the sensor could detect the disease with appropriate accuracy however once you have used it, how is it cleaned so there is no contamination issues for the next test. Otherwise once you get one positive every test after that could be tainted and positive which renders it useless. This could be the same issue with the fuel sensor you are suggesting. It is not my field so I have no idea on how to fix that issue. Hopefully someone else has that covered!

So the short version is: if you have a good idea then raise it. There is nothing lost in doing so.

Cheers

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Foxdog

Regular

The only power I have is to hang onto all my shares and buy as many more as I can before the clearance sale finishes.

Yep. If you believe in the company and all of the connections then there will be a point when this turns around, perhaps in a huge way. But when and like you say 'how low?'

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

GDJR69

Regular
Yep. If you believe in the company and all of the connections then there will be a point when this turns around, perhaps in a huge way. But when and like you say 'how low?'
I have no doubt the company will be a success but this is still hard to watch. It's so incongruous too with all the good news that is coming out about the company and the AI sector in the media.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

jk6199

Regular
I'm not any good with charts and rely on others to explain them.

I can't quite remember, but did someone say once there was a gap at 38 cents or similar?

May have that completely wrong???

DK6161

Regular
I'm not any good with charts and rely on others to explain them.

I can't quite remember, but did someone say once there was a gap at 38 cents or similar?

May have that completely wrong???
At this rate the gap is closer to 10c mate. FML

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
Down Down Down.

Quercuskid

Regular
More bought!!!! 😳

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

That is the delima. If it gets too low I’ll end up as a material holder if I’m not careful

toasty

Regular
As a holder since 2016 my average is quite low - round 13c. I have been resisting buying more as I didn't want to get too much more over weight in this one stock. However, it the SP falls below 40c I will be a buyer.

My opinion only, not advice.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Pappagallo

Regular
I think we need to go back to your original statement which was that SynSense had won the first round as they were engaged with Qualcomm and Prophesee on the no blur lenses.

It was pointed out that there was no evidence that SynSense was involved with Qualcomm and in fact all the evidence points to Qualcomm using their own processor with Prophesee’s vision sensor.

I am not sure who it is that you say is still claiming that Brainchip is involved with Qualcomm and Prophesee on the no blur lenses that are coming out this year but I did not think this was a prevailing view on TSEx.

In my opinion the focus here is on the following:

1. Prophesee prior to Luca Verre appearing on the Brainchip podcast has had public engagements with Intel, SynSense, Qualcomm, Sony and said that every previous engagement until they combined with Brainchip involved compromise and did not allow their vision sensor to achieve its full potential,

2. At CES 2023 Prophesee booked a suite and invited Brainchip to be its demonstration partner,

3. Prophesee announced just prior to CES 2023 commencing that they had over 100 customer meetings scheduled and the majority were subject of Non Disclosure Agreements,

4. Prophesee’s Luca Verre is on record answering a question from Jesse Chapman that they hoped to reach a commercial agreement with Brainchip,

5. The recently updated Brainchip website makes crystal clear that Brainchip and Prophesee are partners.

6. The fact that both Sony and Qualcomm have both partnered with Prophesee and are bringing product to market proves that Prophesee has an advanced vision sensor with commercial application even when not performing to its full potential because of being hooked up to less ideal processors.

7. This being the case logic suggests that if Prophesee can achieve sales engagements with Sony and Qualcomm in less than perfect circumstances that when combined with Brainchip’s AKIDA technology the 100 new NDA protected customer engagements are highly likely to yield commercial engagements for an optimised Prophesee vision sensor utilising AKIDA technology.

And this is why I am excited and I believe others are excited by the partnership between Brainchip and Prophesee.

Mercedes Benz 12 months before engaging with Brainchip had worked with Intel but clearly moved up to AKIDA. This is exactly the same story as has unfolded with Prophesee.

They have tried the rest but gone with the BE(A)ST being the MIND BOGGLING SCIENCE FICTION that is AKIDA Technology.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Further to Point 6 it’s exciting for us that event-based sensors are becoming mainstream technology. Even if we’re not involved at this stage, event-based processing is the most logical way forward for companies to optimise the sensors in their efforts to outperform competition.

I know people don’t like WBT comparisons but it’s very similar to how the TSMC ReRam in the iPhone has kick-started demand for the WBT alternative. Rising tides and all that. ReRam is no longer a future concept and very soon Neuromorphic technology won’t be either and then it’s game on.

Reactions: 3 users
D

Deleted member 1270

I have no doubt the company will be a success but this is still hard to watch. It's so incongruous too with all the good news that is coming out about the company and the AI sector in the media.
I think it's called a loss of faith in the board and management from the point of view of communication.

They are arrogant and don't seem to know how to navigate their way around ASX guidance.

Unfortunate as it was at one time the ASX darling stock. Seems interest is focussed elsewhere nowadays.

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Top Bottom