BRN Discussion Ongoing

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
Not sure when it was now but it was around the time that Alex the Rocket Scientist was first discovered but someone contacted Cathy Wood and received a reply which they posted saying ARK was aware of Brainchip and watching to see what commercial traction they started to achieve.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I wonder if it’s worth re-sending Cathy Woods another message just in case she haven’t kept an eye on brain chip. if she haven’t kept an eye on brain chip, then there would be quite a few juicy details that she would be unaware off. I suggest the person that have the correspondence with Cathy continue on that same conversation and offer her a 1000 eyes special! With the share price being this low it will be an offer she can’t refuse. It might be the perfect time for her to pick up a few million shares.

They can end the email with this:

All this Intel is free of charge.
Contact a financial Nvisor before you go Arms length. But these prophesee’s are about to be fulfilled so don’t wait too long.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 29 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Speaking of losses RFTA, does anyone know where BRN keeps it's money, I hope that it is not the SVB = Silicon Valley Bank, there are serious losses going down there, which has been feeding into recent bearish sentiment on Wall St.

Even Yellen has spoken on the subject trying to calm down the fear of wider problems with US Banks.

Does anyone know where BRN is keeping its cash ???
Ken has a very big sock under his bed.

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

McHale

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Of course there are many other posters making fantastic contributions and research. I am in awe of you all!!
And I thank you kindly for your appreciation of us mentally challenged.:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

McHale

Regular
I thought of that many times after that hyper pump to $2 .34.
Don't know what price it would go to after ip deals and such but gee we are going to have a nice floor price after that.
Then the forum will be flooded with I woulda coulda shoulda posts.😂
One perspective re the $2.34 blast is that it took place in the latter end of 2021, and early part of 2022. It was definitely still a risk ON environment.

Not saying that BRN cannot go ballistic on the right types of contracts and good income, but we are in a different type of market right now (risk off), regardless I am amongst those who feel that there might be something good just around the corner of the LDA deal expiry date - late March early April ?? Pre AGM.

I mean with certain banks starting to look vulnerable (because they have over exposed themselves to crypto), Bonds getting tricky, where might you put some of your money ???

• Fire
Reactions: 26 users

manny100

Regular
Just so I don’t upset the apple cart I will not provide the reference other than say that anyone who read @FrederickSchack ‘s post and mine before things went pear shape will know where this information comes from:

1. In the various articles from EETimes and others performance figures were given for Prophesee’s vision sensor running with AKIDA and it has now been revealed this was for use in “road vehicles.”.

2. If like me you wondered about the costing for AKIDA 2nd generation then wonder no more it is about $10.00 as opposed to $1,000 plus for a GPU.

The source of these facts is an interview with Brainchip’s Nandan Nayampally, Chief Marketing Officer at BrainChip and formerly a VP at Arm,

Enjoy.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Impressive AKIDA 2nd Gen $10 compared to $1000 for GPU.
I guess the question is how big is the potential market using GPU we can capture and what does this market do/ consist of?
Cheers

Reactions: 10 users

manny100

Regular
Good morning gents and ladies. I am holidaying in Bali at the moment so was watching US TV sadly. An intertidal was conduits about the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank and its effects on start ups etc. They were describing it as a catastrophe and a black Swan event particularly for small start ups in particular. This should not affect Brainchip as we have the LDA moonrise but it may affect some of our partnerships maybe. Has anyone heard about this? My knowledge of the financial side is as great as my technical knowledge of stuff. Three fifths of five eighths of not a lot.
Thanks guys.

If you don't have dreams, you can't have dreams come true!
Agree, people do not appreciate the importance of the LDA deal.
It means we never have the worry about cash burn which is the nightmare of all young up and coming businesses.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
ISL joined our EAP in January 2022. ISL already has a toe in the DoD door, with the USAF project from January 2022 which is being developed by ISL for USAF based on Akida.

https://brainchip.com/information-systems-labs-early-access-program/

Information Systems Labs Joins BrainChip Early Access Program​

Laguna Hills, Calif. – January 9, 2022 – BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), a leading provider of ultra-low power, high performance artificial intelligence technology and the world’s first commercial producer of neuromorphic AI chips and IP, today announced that Information Systems Laboratories, Inc. (ISL) is developing an AI-based radar research solution for the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) based on its Akida™ neural networking processor.

So now ISL is a winner (1 of 20) of the US army's xTech contest, the ultimate prize of which is eligibility to make a SBIR submission. I expect that they would be familiar with Akida 2 and will use it in the ongoing stages of the SBIR, for which submissions are due on or after June 2023, and, under normal circumstances, the hardware will only be required for Stage 2 or Stage 3.

ISL was selected as a winner in the first round of the Army’s xTechSearch7 (https://www.arl.army.mil/xtechsearch/competitions/xtechsearch7.html ). We proposed a novel Unmanned Air System (UAS) that leverages neuromorphic computing to autonomously search and track particular ground vehicles using minimal RF communications. In the Army CONOPS, this UAS can also be used to autonomously detect and track military vehicles employing Concealment, Camouflage, Deception (CCD). The associated commercial UAS system is intended for first responders for a variety of applications including wide area search in an Amber Alert scenario.

https://www.arl.army.mil/xtechsearch/competitions/xtechsearch7.html

TECHNOLOGY PITCHES ARE SCHEDULED TO BEGIN IN FEBRUARY 2023.
Total Money Offered: Prize Money: Up to $800K; Phase I SBIR Award: Up to $2.5M
Challenge Topic: Open-Topic; Army Modernization
Partner Agency: The Office of the United States Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology) (ASA(ALT)
Submission Dates: September 27, 2022 — November 6, 2022
Winner Announced: June 30, 2023
Who Can Submit: United States-based sole proprietors and small businesses.

DESCRIPTION​

The U.S. Army would like to invite interested entities to participate in the Expeditionary Technology Search competition, a forum for eligible sole proprietors and small businesses across the U.S. to engage with the Department of Defense, earn prize money, participate in the accelerator program and potentially submit for a Phase I Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) award. xTechSearch offers an opportunity for eligible participants to pitch novel technology solutions – a new application for an existing technology or an entirely new technology concept – to the Army.
The Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology recognizes that the Army must enhance engagements with small businesses by (1) understanding the spectrum of ‘world-class’ technologies being developed commercially that may benefit the DOD in the manufacturing space and (2) integrating the sector of commercial innovators into the DOD Science and Technology (S&T) ecosystem.
The xTechSearch 7 competition will provide up to $800,000 in cash prizes to select eligible entities. Ultimately, up to 20 finalists will receive a cash prize of $20,000 each and invitation to demonstrate their innovative technology solutions to Army challenges. Up to 10 participants will be selected as the final winners of the competition to receive an additional cash prize of $25,000 each and the opportunity to submit for a Phase I SBIR award of up to $250,000 each. Details on the prize structure and SBIR structure are listed below in the announcement.
The xTechSearch competition strives to integrate small businesses into the Army’s S&T ecosystem by providing research opportunities with Army labs, including authorized access to the Army’s organic intellectual and technical capital. Participants will receive detailed feedback from Army and DOD stakeholders. Participants will have access to training, mentorship, and other support infrastructure as they progress throughout the contest to determine how best to align their technology solutions with real users and buyers within the Army. Finalists will be entered into the xTech Accelerator to receive intensive mentorship and access to networking events to help grow their companies for Army and commercial users.
The efforts described in this notice are being pursued under the authorities of 10 U.S.C. § 4025 (formerly 2374a) and 15 U.S.C. § 638 and 10 U.S.C. § 4022 (Prototype Projects) to award cash prizes and SBIRs to only those eligible entities as described in this announcement. While the authority of this program is 10 U.S.C. § 4025, the xTechSearch 7 competition may generate interest by another DOD organization for a funding opportunity outside of this program (e.g., submission of a proposal under a Broad Agency Announcement). The interested DOD organization may contact the participant to provide additional information or ask for a request for proposal in a separate solicitation.
Army Focus Areas:
xTechSearch is seeking novel, disruptive concepts and technology solutions with dual-use capabilities that can assist in tackling the Army’s current needs and apply to current Army concepts. The intent is to provide the Army with transformative technology solutions while enabling cost savings throughout the Army systems’ life cycle. Critical technology focus areas include Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning (AI/ML); Advanced Materials; Advanced Manufacturing; Autonomy; Climate and Clean Technologies; Cyber; Electronics; Human Performance; Immersive; Network Technologies; Position, Navigation and Timing (PNT); Power; Software Modernization; and Sensors. See attached document on the Valid Eval registration page for a list of the top Army Modernization Priorities and other critical Army Focus Areas.

PART 2: TECHNOLOGY PITCHES

February 13-24, 2023​

Up to 20 finalists​

$15K/each​

Selected participants from Part 1 will be invited to conduct a virtual pitch on their technology concept and team ability to a panel of Army and DOD SMEs, tentatively scheduled from February 13-24, 2023 (dates will be finalized with participants) and are subject to change. Each participant will have 15-minutes to pitch, followed by 10-minutes for questions and answers with judging panel.
PART 3: FINALS

April/May 2023​

Up to 10 winners

$25K/each​

Selected participants from Part 2 will be invited to conduct a final presentation, in-person or virtual, on their technology concept and transition plans to a panel of Army and DOD SMEs, tentatively scheduled to occur in April/May 2023 (date is subject to change). The exact location and dates of the finals event are still to be determined and will be provided to the finalists closer to the event.
PART 4: REQUEST FOR PHASE I SBIR PROPOSAL

June 2023​

Up to 10 winners​

Up to $250K/each​

A separate SBIR announcement will be issued with detailed instructions on how to submit the SBIR proposal materials. Winners selected from Part 3: Finals will be the only firms eligible to participate and submit a Phase I proposal under this announcement and will receive detailed instructions upon selection. All other submissions will be ineligible.
Participants that are selected and awarded a Phase I SBIR, will have an opportunity to submit a Phase II SBIR proposal at the conclusion of their Phase I contract. Only firms that were awarded a Phase I SBIR under this announcement will be eligible for a Phase II SBIR. Additional instructions and details will be provided to the eligible firms.
And there is that word “Track.”

Throw in the other word “Prediction.”

Plastic bags are ancient history.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
I have a brother whom I got to invest in BrainChip and a few months later he tells me that he wished
that he never invested in BrainChip, when I asked him why, the reply was that someone told him that
the BrainChip was to be implanted in the brain, and that he don't want to know about that.
So I had to explain to him that this was not the BrainChip that does this, and that whoever told him
that was getting confused with Mr Elon Musk. I must admit my brother is completely illiterate when
it come to computers and any thing electronic. He once asked a friend to fax some plans to a client,
when the friend put the plans into the fax machine, and it started to swallow the plans to copy it,
my brother ran over to the fax machine and started to try and rip the paper out of the machine, yelling
that's the only copy I have, I don't have other one, stop the machine, stop the machine, thinking he was
not going to get the plans back.
Any way hope I have not bored you with this little story.
Oh, that's gold

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Pmel

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
  • Haha
  • Love

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Speaking of losses RFTA, does anyone know where BRN keeps it's money, I hope that it is not the SVB = Silicon Valley Bank, there are serious losses going down there, which has been feeding into recent bearish sentiment on Wall St.

Even Yellen has spoken on the subject trying to calm down the fear of wider problems with US Banks.

1678517919202.png

Geoffrey Carrick​

Non-Executive Director
Chair of the Audit & Governance Committee

By the look of that grin, I'm pretty sure Geoffrey keeps it under his bed. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Some will recall an interview conducted with Rob Telson where he was asked about competition from Nvidia being a problem. Rob Telson answered this question by saying words to the effect 'We see Nvidia more as a partner in the future.' Rob Telson said this with a great degree of confidence and perhaps some may have thought it was born out of conceit or hubris when Nvidia has been and still is accorded the title of leader in the Artificial Intelligence space. We all know that in the past when asked about competition Brainchip representatives would talk about the technical advantages of SNN and how there was a Von Neumann bottleneck but on this occasion when confronted with Nvidia Rob Telson just went straight to they will be a partner. While many of us myself included struggle with the science and engineering and thank our lucky stars @Diogenese graces this forum and is prepared to share his engineering knowledge I found the following explanation as to why Nvidia needs SNN very accessible and worth sharing here. The quote is from page 83 of this very long Thesis and you are welcome to read the whole paper. There is no mention of Brainchip and AKIDA that I saw and having read other papers by Gregor Lenz I know him to be a fan of Intel and Loihi though AKIDA 2nd Generation may well change his entire perspective:

:
Neuromorphic algorithms and hardware for event-based processing Gregor Lenz

"On our prototype device, we also made use of the Tensorflow Lite backend, which in turn uses neural network accelerator hardware for efficient inference. The issue is, however, that when we convert events into frame representations, we lose a lot of the advantages of event cameras.

As mentioned in the beginning of this conclusion, the hardware lottery gave us GPUs to work with, but they are designed for a different kind of data. GPUs are a great workhorse when it comes to parallelising compute-intense tasks, but they fail to exploit high sparsity in signals.

That is why sparse computation on GPUs is something that the research community is actively looking into at the moment [286, 287].

NVIDIA announced in 2020 that their latest generation of tensor cores would be able to transform dense matrices into sparse matrices using a transformation called 4:2 sparsity, where the cost of computation is reduced by half. This accelerates inference up to a factor of 2 for a minor hit of accuracy [288], but such a feature requires supplementary hardware to check for zeros in the data.

On neuromorphic hardware, the sparse input directly drives asynchronous transistor switching activity, without the need for additional checks. The difference is essentially the lack of input in comparison to lots of zeros of input in the case of GPUs.

Even though GPUs and TensorFlow Lite are making amends to reduce the need to process unnecessary zeros, neuromorphic computing tackles different application scenarios.

Sparsity in signals from an event-based sensor reaches levels of 99% depending on scene activity and is therefore much higher than what a 4:2 sparsity could achieve to shrink.

In the end neuromorphic computing that can exploit the absence of new input information will have a head start in certain applications for power-critical systems that track spurious events at high speeds.

This is where GPUs that apply sparsity checks to avoid computation in a later step will not be able to compete. "

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
View attachment 31864 View attachment 31865

I think it's interesting Magnus Ostberg thanks the "KI Family" and you can see that he thanks Chrisitan Witt (Valeo) whose LinkedIn page shows he is a Team Leader involved in KI Delta Learning ('21-'23). The following post describes what KI Delta Learning is all about and who else is involved in it:

Screen Shot 2023-03-11 at 6.10.2.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

I've sent Tony an email, asking if any of our funds are in SVB, as I think it's a worthwhile query.

I will report back here, once he replys.

It's been over 2 hours mind you, doesn't he work on Saturdays 🤔..

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
Please remove this before @Bravo sees it!
Doesn't the tiling sound a bit like vision transformers? They also mention it being able to run transformers. They don't mention anything related to temporal?

They gave up their Zeroth SNN long time ago or did they?

Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Some will recall an interview conducted with Rob Telson where he was asked about competition from Nvidia being a problem. Rob Telson answered this question by saying words to the effect 'We see Nvidia more as a partner in the future.' Rob Telson said this with a great degree of confidence and perhaps some may have thought it was born out of conceit or hubris when Nvidia has been and still is accorded the title of leader in the Artificial Intelligence space. We all know that in the past when asked about competition Brainchip representatives would talk about the technical advantages of SNN and how there was a Von Neumann bottleneck but on this occasion when confronted with Nvidia Rob Telson just went straight to they will be a partner. While many of us myself included struggle with the science and engineering and thank our lucky stars @Diogenese graces this forum and is prepared to share his engineering knowledge I found the following explanation as to why Nvidia needs SNN very accessible and worth sharing here. The quote is from page 83 of this very long Thesis and you are welcome to read the whole paper. There is no mention of Brainchip and AKIDA that I saw and having read other papers by Gregor Lenz I know him to be a fan of Intel and Loihi though AKIDA 2nd Generation may well change his entire perspective:

:
Neuromorphic algorithms and hardware for event-based processing Gregor Lenz

"On our prototype device, we also made use of the Tensorflow Lite backend, which in turn uses neural network accelerator hardware for efficient inference. The issue is, however, that when we convert events into frame representations, we lose a lot of the advantages of event cameras.

As mentioned in the beginning of this conclusion, the hardware lottery gave us GPUs to work with, but they are designed for a different kind of data. GPUs are a great workhorse when it comes to parallelising compute-intense tasks, but they fail to exploit high sparsity in signals.

That is why sparse computation on GPUs is something that the research community is actively looking into at the moment [286, 287].

NVIDIA announced in 2020 that their latest generation of tensor cores would be able to transform dense matrices into sparse matrices using a transformation called 4:2 sparsity, where the cost of computation is reduced by half. This accelerates inference up to a factor of 2 for a minor hit of accuracy [288], but such a feature requires supplementary hardware to check for zeros in the data.

On neuromorphic hardware, the sparse input directly drives asynchronous transistor switching activity, without the need for additional checks. The difference is essentially the lack of input in comparison to lots of zeros of input in the case of GPUs.

Even though GPUs and TensorFlow Lite are making amends to reduce the need to process unnecessary zeros, neuromorphic computing tackles different application scenarios.

Sparsity in signals from an event-based sensor reaches levels of 99% depending on scene activity and is therefore much higher than what a 4:2 sparsity could achieve to shrink.

In the end neuromorphic computing that can exploit the absence of new input information will have a head start in certain applications for power-critical systems that track spurious events at high speeds.

This is where GPUs that apply sparsity checks to avoid computation in a later step will not be able to compete. "

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
The paper does refer to Prophesee.

I wonder what Gregor Lenz would have said if he had access to Akida 1000 with N-of-M coding?

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Excellent outcome @zeeb0t. Well done! ❤️:LOL:

Anytime so much as one report is received, Dreddb0t is now ready to Judge 24/7/365.

I reported zeeb0t post as Upramping, abuse of one's own power.:ROFLMAO:
This is the reply.

Unfortunately, your recent report has been rejected: Post in thread 'BRN Discussion Ongoing' - Nice try but obviously Dreddb0t knows zeeb0t has the most power.

Ha Ha. That's why I love this place.:love:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
Top Bottom