BRN Discussion Ongoing

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Guess those shortee's are getting ready to Duck and Cover tonight.
Must be crapping themselves wondering just what our cheeky monkey will release in the wee hours tomorrow.
Will there be a big name attached?
Will they have to scamper away double time taking whatever they can in case we sky rocket as Brainchip is wont to do?
Will they all wind up in dark alleys pleasuring Big Bob whilst his knuckle dragging confederates look on and laugh?
Oh well, they decided to be assholes and sell themselves to the manipulator's so fitting really that that's where they'll wind up taking it.
Poor beggars. 🤣

turtle-dynamite.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
Not sure if I’ve missed reading the announcement being on my phone, does anyone know if we can watch this platform announcement somewhere (?on Brainchip’s website)?
I didn't see any link to view the platform presentation or whatever it was called

Reactions: 2 users

Xray1

Regular
It's very pleasing to see our Co BRN back with a Market Capital of just over $1 BILLION again.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users
It's very pleasing to see our Co BRN back with a Market Capital of just over $1 BILLION again.
I'm very pleased with this announcement even if price didn't rise like it did I'd still be extremely happy.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Not sure if I’ve missed reading the announcement being on my phone, does anyone know if we can watch this platform announcement somewhere (?on Brainchip’s website)?
who can google has a big advantage

200.gif

1678090857814.png

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Moonshot

Regular
\

Why share content from this grub of a business?
We are outside of market hours so here is something that could be upramping if taken too seriously.

ChatGPT needs to lower its electricity consumption about 60 billion percent. Slight exaggeration but what it uses boggles the imagination and is unsustainable. There have been some articles citing the need for a neuromorphic solution to some of the processing needs of ChatGPT.

Moving to 8 bit adds an important strategic opportunity to the AKIDA -v- GPU competition.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Sure hope so, blackouts on Sydney Northern Beaches right now from a little extra air conditioning now the sun is going down and solar not contributing I suspect… we need lower power solutions for everything! Let’s start with akida for AI!

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Well this song sums up my feeling for today.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Foxdog

Regular
I must be blinded by that 🤮 image but I can't see a link to the platform viewing
And what smell is it sniffing off its hand?
Might be first use case for AKIDA scent detector?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Quatrojos

Regular
International Semiconductor Executive Summit is on in Arizona, March 7 & 8.

This dude, amongst many others is speaking. It's interesting what he's speaking about

Viresh
Patel
619af377fb4a001a1bf5ee78_company.png

Renesas
619949ff32209fab3bd66d10_facility.png

VP Packaging Technology

It's interesting what he's speaking about:

Renesas Electronics empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier.
A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode

The announcement states that a 'press release' will take place.

I also thought an event (ie. Bloomberg, CNBC or Yahoo Finance news grab perhaps) may occur as to state a specific time is unusual, however a press release is typically a written announcement so I am defaulting to our standard newswire. We will find out at 0100 I guess.

Anyone else have insight?

Edit: Made it to Market Watch.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20
A few thoughts on today's announcement:

The progression to 8-bit is interesting. I personally thought we would move to 8-bit, but not for at least a year or two. My take is that 8-bit isn't exclusively for edge processing anymore. If customers were looking at AI processing in places like data centres, I don't think 4-bit would have sufficient accuracy for those heavier workloads and they would also have a mains power supply. Up to 4-bit is great for most sensor processing at the edge, while 8-bit indicates to me that they are expanding their market reach. I think it's just a matter of time till we start migrating away from the edge, and this seems to be a step in that direction.

I also don't think they would have started designing 8-bit processors YET if 4-bit applications weren't successful with some projected cash flows in place. We know there are multiple customers that are likely already using the first Akida generation chips (Renesas, Mercedes, Valeo?, other EAPs?), so my guess is things are still going ok in this area. The second gen IP will likely be more expensive to develop and buy, so they wouldn't be going down the 8-bit path if they weren't confident of customer interest. As others have suggested they may be trying to work towards the 8-bit standardisation other companies like Intel and Qualcomm are planning for AI workloads (either way it's a great move strategically to have a solution that slots directly into their workflows), or alternatively it may have been explicitly requested by some existing customers for their applications. Regardless, this is good news for Brainchips future success.
Thanks IDD,

The need for 8 bits is a bit (no pun intended) surprising.

As you point out, the cloud is one option, and is urgent from a climate perspective.

Also, as you said, compatibility with the big boys could be useful.

PvdM said in "4 bits are enough"
https://brainchip.com/4-bits-are-enough/ :

With the focus on edge AI solutions that are extremely energy-sensitive and thermally constrained and require efficient real-time response, this advantage of 4-bit weights and activations is compelling and shows a strong trend in the coming years.

After mentioning that BrainChip first used 4 bits in 2015 (Studio?), he referred to some 2020 IBM research which found that 4 bits could be as accurate as 16 bit deep learning, only faster and more efficient, so maybe they need the accuracy of 32 bit or 64 bit weights and measures.

We've been working with Valeo for a few years, so it would be late in the day for the requirement to originate with them. However, we have only just learned of the Luminar/Mercedes tie up, so it may be that their foveated LiDaR needs higher precision.

ISL and the USAF radar may be another option. All those fighter planes look the same on radar.

Of course there are many things which we do not know ...

Attachments

• 1678087775281.png
    1678087775281.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users
  • Love
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 19 users

Diogenese

Top 20
If we're having this much trouble, with the naming of the product lineup, imagine what trouble Kochie would be having..

View attachment 31282

He's still trying to work out how to pronounce nuromorphic! 🤣

(edit. Of course I know how to spell neuromorphic! Sheezz 🙄.. Do you think I'm heavily invested in something I can't even spell, let alone understand? That was put in for effect 😉)
Yes, we spotted your deliberate mistake! (when you pointed it out)

• Haha
Thanks IDD,

The need for 8 bits is a bit (no pun intended) surprising.

As you point out, the cloud is one option, and is urgent from a climate perspective.

Also, as you said, compatibility with the big boys could be useful.

PvdM said in "4 bits are enough"
https://brainchip.com/4-bits-are-enough/ :

With the focus on edge AI solutions that are extremely energy-sensitive and thermally constrained and require efficient real-time response, this advantage of 4-bit weights and activations is compelling and shows a strong trend in the coming years.

After mentioning that BrainChip first used 4 bits in 2015 (Studio?), he referred to some 2020 IBM research which found that 4 bits could be as accurate as 16 bit deep learning, only faster and more efficient, so maybe they need the accuracy of 32 bit or 64 bit weights and measures.

We've been working with Valeo for a few years, so it would be late in the day for the requirement to originate with them. However, we have only just learned of the Luminar/Mercedes tie up, so it may be that their foveated LiDaR needs higher precision.

ISL and the USAF radar may be another option. All those fighter planes look the same on radar.

Of course there are many things which we do not know ...
Maybe you can still do 4 and 2 bit processing as efficiently as before, with the option of doing 8 bit if you need to?

• Love
Screenshot_20230306-194748.png

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Excellent announcement. Cant wait to see the bench marking and what the new version is capable of

1678094304134.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users
Excellent announcement. Cant wait to see the bench marking and what the new version is capable of

View attachment 31317
I think the issue here is how to benchmark new ways of doing AI. How do you benchmark 1 shot learning? Or edge learning? E.t.c. I don't think we really know how to do that yet.

Top Bottom