BRN Discussion Ongoing

A few thoughts on today's announcement:

The progression to 8-bit is interesting. I personally thought we would move to 8-bit, but not for at least a year or two. My take is that 8-bit isn't exclusively for edge processing anymore. If customers were looking at AI processing in places like data centres, I don't think 4-bit would have sufficient accuracy for those heavier workloads and they would also have a mains power supply. Up to 4-bit is great for most sensor processing at the edge, while 8-bit indicates to me that they are expanding their market reach. I think it's just a matter of time till we start migrating away from the edge, and this seems to be a step in that direction.

I also don't think they would have started designing 8-bit processors YET if 4-bit applications weren't successful with some projected cash flows in place. We know there are multiple customers that are likely already using the first Akida generation chips (Renesas, Mercedes, Valeo?, other EAPs?), so my guess is things are still going ok in this area. The second gen IP will likely be more expensive to develop and buy, so they wouldn't be going down the 8-bit path if they weren't confident of customer interest. As others have suggested they may be trying to work towards the 8-bit standardisation other companies like Intel and Qualcomm are planning for AI workloads (either way it's a great move strategically to have a solution that slots directly into their workflows), or alternatively it may have been explicitly requested by some existing customers for their applications. Regardless, this is good news for Brainchips future success.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 64 users

YLJ

Swing/Position Trader
"The TENNs allow for radically simpler implementations by consuming raw data directly from sensors - drastically reducing model size and operations performed while maintaining very high accuracy. This can shrink design cycles and dramatically lower the cost of development."

I'm very pleased that the time-to-market for many products just got trimmed. I've always known patience is a big requirement here.
Although I'm still unsure of exactly how much that might be true, it is nice to know it's less than before.
1678083622925.png

GLTA

• Love
Reactions: 29 users

Foxdog

Regular
A formal platform launch press release, will take place on,
7 March at 1:00am AEDT, 6 March at 6:00am US PST.

In other words, 9.00am New York time.

Half an hour before the market opens on the NYSE.

I can't help thinking, there is more to come. ??
Bodes well for maintaining the upwards SP momentum. Definitely feels like ever increasing exposure and validation of BRN tech.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users
"The TENNs allow for radically simpler implementations by consuming raw data directly from sensors - drastically reducing model size and operations performed while maintaining very high accuracy. This can shrink design cycles and dramatically lower the cost of development."

I'm very pleased that the time-to-market for many products just got trimmed. I've always known patience is a big requirement here.
Although I'm still unsure of exactly how much that might be true, it is nice to know it's less than before. View attachment 31297

GLTA
Welcome back from you long flight away.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
A formal platform launch press release, will take place on,
7 March at 1:00am AEDT, 6 March at 6:00am US PST.

In other words, 9.00am New York time.

Half an hour before the market opens on the NYSE.

I can't help thinking, there is more to come. ??
Yes, why would Sean etc get up at 6am local time if it was not a significant update? Also todays ASX announcement appeared to be a significant change in tone _ confident in setting out the both the technology advances and end uses of Akida. I am hoping todays AZX announcement is the start of the promised explosion in sales.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

manny100

Regular
The hint at the Fireside chat that this was on the way was the statement that short term sales would be from consumables and Industrial.
Customers will not change unless they can be offered a material Improvement.
Brn's new offering certainly offers a material improvement.
Question:
Does this development mean our recent chips produced including those by Renesas are now obsolete?

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Dhm

Regular
The hint at the Fireside chat that this was on the way was the statement that short term sales would be from consumables and Industrial.
Customers will not change unless they can be offered a material Improvement.
Brn's new offering certainly offers a material improvement.
Question:
Does this development mean our recent chips produced including those by Renesas are now obsolete?
Manny, repeat after me...."Nothing about Brainchip is obsolete!!"

absolutely fucking not no way GIF

I only put that rather rude GIF in because he looks a bit like me.

• Haha
Reactions: 23 users
Hey Kozikan, that question to Peter was regarding the ARM Partnership and yes he said if an ARM customer signs up they get $1M payment upfront followed by royalties typically 3-4 years later.
Perhaps this may help. It is taken from the second ASX required announcement regarding MegaChips agreement:

“The remaining terms of the agreement are subject to strict confidentiality provisions as between Brainchip and MegaChips.

Brainchip anticipates that it will recognize aggregate revenue of approximately US$2 million under the agreement over the current financial year and the financial year ending 31 December 2022 and expects to recognize additional revenue from the license fee and additional revenue opportunities noted above in subsequent financial years.”

So $2 million WAS expected in total some of which was to be paid over the 2020 - 2021 & 2021 - 2022 financial years.

Brainchip in receipting over $4.8 million in 2022 received well over $2.8 million more than expected having regard to the above statement on the ASX regarding MegaChips.

The Annual report referenced licence fees and sale of product as being responsible for the over $4.8 million.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
@Esq.111 was a heap of volume today compared with the last previous days, not to sway away from the fact of the wonderful price sensitive announcement 😉 what’s your thoughts on the days action/shenanigans?
Afternoon RobjHunt,

Well after perusing the announcement this morning, followed by several wee tipples,....

WOOO HOOO.

Great job to the Brainchip team.

Having said that , we are not paying management peanuts, so results are expected.

As for the volume transacted & price today..... good start, but coming off a crazy low so personally expecting a huge correction purely to bring us back up to basic fair value.

Interesting the release , announcement, this morning to ASX.

Hopefully management have a little game theory behind this, short of what was obviously disclosed in said announcement.

1, Pre prime the home exchange.
2, larger than normal volumes transacting
3, Many more eyes watching.
4, Then come out with a more indepth spill on our new technology just before the US Markets open. Pre primed .

Great news , let's use it to full effect.

Will be interesting with the shares transacting in Germany followed with the US market coming online later..
With any luck US market will pick up substantially, prompting Bank of New York Mellon ( our sponsor into such market ) to buy a bucket load more of our shares to satiate the demand from US buyers.

Tops announcement, onwards & upwards.

Regards,
Esq.

Tunes....
- Korolova on Boat @ Odessa / Rikodisko
20th Dec 2020.
52:22.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 56 users

YLJ

Swing/Position Trader
Welcome back from you long flight away.
Thanks, though the truth is, I've just been relaxing on my perch. Markets in general have been challenging for
quite a while. The best thing to do in such situations is to take a step back and wait (as long as it takes).
I've been keeping an eye on things from afar, but I learned years ago (the hard way), that the only thing I have
any degree of control over is myself. If ya don't screw things up during the hard times, the good times will more
than compensate, eventually. Getting too close can sometimes blur that reality for me.

All the best.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Referring to one of the many new things in todays announcement. Vision Transformer Network
Please scroll down to the quick video on the avocado.
I had to laugh as it reminded me of the original BrainChip video of the GoCart finding its way around the track whilst the other one just kept bumping into the wall😂

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Steve10

Regular
Chips for America launched last week. Wonder if BRN will put in an application for a slice of the USD $50B?

1678086172691.png

Biden-Harris Administration Launches First CHIPS for America Funding Opportunity​

As part of implementing the bipartisan CHIPS and Science Act, Department of Commerce seeks applications to revitalize domestic semiconductor industry and bring supply chains back to the U.S.​

February 28, 2023

WASHINGTON — The Biden-Harris administration through the U.S. Department of Commerce’s National Institute of Standards and Technology today launched the first CHIPS for America funding opportunity for manufacturing incentives to restore U.S. leadership in semiconductor manufacturing, support good-paying jobs across the semiconductor supply chain, and advance U.S. economic and national security.

As part of the bipartisan CHIPS and Science Act, the Department of Commerce is overseeing $50 billion to revitalize the U.S. semiconductor industry, including $39 billion in semiconductor incentives. The first funding opportunity seeks applications for projects to construct, expand or modernize commercial facilities for the production of leading-edge, current-generation and mature-node semiconductors. This includes both front-end wafer fabrication and back-end packaging. The department will also be releasing a funding opportunity for semiconductor materials and equipment facilities in the late spring, and one for research and development facilities in the fall.

“The CHIPS and Science Act presents a historic opportunity to unleash the next generation of American innovation, protect our national security and preserve our global economic competitiveness,” said Secretary of Commerce Gina M. Raimondo. “When we have finished implementing CHIPS for America, we will be the premier destination in the world where new leading-edge chip architectures can be invented in our research labs, designed for every end-use application, manufactured at scale and packaged with the most advanced technologies. Throughout our work, we are committed to protecting taxpayer dollars, strengthening America’s workforce and giving America’s businesses a platform to do what they do best: innovate, scale and compete.”

The CHIPS and Science Act is part of President Joe Biden ’s economic plan to invest in America, stimulating private sector investment, creating good-paying jobs, making more in the United States, and revitalizing communities left behind.

CHIPS for America also today released a “Vision for Success,” laying out strategic objectives building on the vision Secretary Raimondo shared in her speech last week at Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service. To advance U.S. economic and national security, the department aims to reach the following goals by the end of the decade: (1) make the U.S. home to at least two new large-scale clusters of leading-edge logic chip fabs, (2) make the U.S. home to multiple high-volume advanced packaging facilities, (3) produce high-volume leading-edge memory chips, and (4) increase production capacity for current-generation and mature-node chips, especially for critical domestic industries. Read more about these goals in the Vision for Success paper here.

The first funding opportunity details the application process and outlines how the department will evaluate applications, including a primary focus on how projects advance U.S. economic and national security. Applications will also be evaluated for commercial viability, financial strength, technical feasibility and readiness, workforce development, and efforts to spur inclusive economic growth. Starting today, the department strongly encourages all potential applicants, including those for future funding opportunities, to submit statements of interest so it may gauge interest across the semiconductor ecosystem and begin preparing for application review. Read more about the application and evaluation process here.

Awards will take the form of direct funding, federal loans and/or federal guarantees of third-party loans. Awards are designed to complement — not replace — private investment and other sources of funding, and applicants are strongly encouraged to bring capital to the table. CHIPS for America awards will be made as soon as applications can be rigorously evaluated and negotiated.

Applicants are also encouraged to claim the Advanced Manufacturing Investment Credit (Investment Tax Credit) administered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service. The Investment Tax Credit is a federal income tax credit for qualifying investments in facilities manufacturing semiconductors or semiconductor manufacturing equipment and a critical component of the suite of incentives provided by the CHIPS and Science Act. The Department of Commerce and the Department of the Treasury are coordinating closely on CHIPS funding and the Investment Tax Credit to ensure these incentives work together to further the administration’s economic and national security goals. The Department of the Treasury expects to publish guidance on the Investment Tax Credit in March, in addition to forthcoming Department of Commerce guidance on national security guardrails.

Key priorities that will guide the CHIPS for America program include:

• Catalyzing Private Investment: CHIPS for America aims to spur private capital and investment, not replace it. CHIPS for America seeks to attract significant private capital and to create viable, scaled projects that advance U.S. economic and national security. The department also encourages applicants to create ecosystems of suppliers, customers and workforce training organizations that will make investments self-sustaining. Read more here.
  • Protecting Taxpayer Dollars: CHIPS for America will be good stewards of taxpayer dollars, using safeguards to ensure that companies receiving funding hold up their end of the bargain. The department will conduct extensive due diligence to ensure it provides the minimum amount necessary to incentivize investment. In addition, the department will evaluate applications based on the extent of the applicant’s commitments to refrain from stock buybacks, and it will require recipients of more than $150 million in direct funding to share with the U.S. government a portion of any cash flows or returns that exceed the applicant’s projections above an established threshold. Awards will be disbursed over time and tied to applicants meeting agreed-upon commitments and milestones. Read more here.
  • Building a Skilled and Diverse Workforce: Recruiting, training and retaining a large, skilled and diverse workforce will be critical to strengthening the U.S. semiconductor ecosystem. Companies seeking CHIPS funding will be required to submit workforce development plans for the workers who will operate their facilities and the workers who will build them, including plans to meet the Department of Commerce’s and the Department of Labor’s Good Jobs Principles. Applicants requesting over $150 million in direct funding must also submit plans to provide both their facility and construction workers with access to affordable, accessible, reliable and high-quality child care. In addition, applicants are strongly encouraged to use project labor agreements for construction projects. Read more here.
  • Engaging With U.S. Partners and Allies: The department will coordinate with international allies and partners to support a healthy global semiconductor ecosystem that drives innovation and is resilient to a range of disruptions, from cybersecurity threats to natural disasters and pandemics. This includes coordinating government incentive programs, building resilient cross-border semiconductor supply chains, promoting knowledge exchange and collaboration on future technologies, and implementing safeguards to protect national security. Read more here.
  • Driving Economic Opportunity and Inclusive Economic Growth: CHIPS for America is committed to building strong communities that share the prosperity of the semiconductor industry. The department will look at whether applicants commit to future investments in the U.S. semiconductor industry, support R&D programs, and create opportunities for minority-owned, veteran-owned, women-owned and small businesses. Applicants will also be assessed based on whether they demonstrate environmental responsibility and invest in their community. Read more here.
Read more about CHIPS for America and the first funding opportunity:

CHIPS for America includes the CHIPS Program Office, responsible for manufacturing incentives, and the CHIPS Research and Development Office, responsible for the R&D programs, that both sit within the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) at the Department of Commerce. NIST promotes U.S. innovation and industrial competitiveness by advancing measurement science, standards and technology in ways that enhance economic security and improve our quality of life. NIST is uniquely positioned to successfully administer the CHIPS for America program because of the bureau’s strong relationships with U.S. industries, its deep understanding of the semiconductor ecosystem, and its reputation as fair and trusted. Visit www.chips.gov to learn more.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

cassip

Regular
Afternoon RobjHunt,

Well after perusing the announcement this morning, followed by several wee tipples,....

WOOO HOOO.

Great job to the Brainchip team.

Having said that , we are not paying management peanuts, so results are expected.

As for the volume transacted & price today..... good start, but coming off a crazy low so personally expecting a huge correction purely to bring us back up to basic fair value.

Interesting the release , announcement, this morning to ASX.

Hopefully management have a little game theory behind this, short of what was obviously disclosed in said announcement.

1, Pre prime the home exchange.
2, larger than normal volumes transacting
3, Many more eyes watching.
4, Then come out with a more indepth spill on our new technology just before the US Markets open. Pre primed .

Great news , let's use it to full effect.

Will be interesting with the shares transacting in Germany followed with the US market coming online later..
With any luck US market will pick up substantially, prompting Bank of New York Mellon ( our sponsor into such market ) to buy a bucket load more of our shares to satiate the demand from US buyers.

Tops announcement, onwards & upwards.

Regards,
Esq.

Tunes....
- Korolova on Boat @ Odessa / Rikodisko
20th Dec 2020.
52:22.
Hi Esq.

we have 50k in about 9 minutes at Tradegate
0,3854 EUR

+18,00 % +0,06

Regards
Cassip

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

The progression to 8-bit is interesting. I personally thought we would move to 8-bit, but not for at least a year or two. My take is that 8-bit isn't exclusively for edge processing anymore. If customers were looking at AI processing in places like data centres, I don't think 4-bit would have sufficient accuracy for those heavier workloads and they would also have a mains power supply. Up to 4-bit is great for most sensor processing at the edge, while 8-bit indicates to me that they are expanding their market reach. I think it's just a matter of time till we start migrating away from the edge, and this seems to be a step in that direction.

I also don't think they would have started designing 8-bit processors YET if 4-bit applications weren't successful with some projected cash flows in place. We know there are multiple customers that are likely already using the first Akida generation chips (Renesas, Mercedes, Valeo?, other EAPs?), so my guess is things are still going ok in this area. The second gen IP will likely be more expensive to develop and buy, so they wouldn't be going down the 8-bit path if they weren't confident of customer interest. As others have suggested they may be trying to work towards the 8-bit standardisation other companies like Intel and Qualcomm are planning for AI workloads (either way it's a great move strategically to have a solution that slots directly into their workflows), or alternatively it may have been explicitly requested by some existing customers for their applications. Regardless, this is good news for Brainchips future success.
That's pretty much exactly what I was going to say ID, except you phrased it a little differently! 🥴🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Kozikan

Regular
M
I think a lot of us are in that position - expecting 2021 and 2022 to be a big year with many companies signing up to our IPs with some payments being made upfront etc.
Some of us got caught up with excitements everytime new collaborations were announced, thinking that they were huge news. In reality these were just early collaborations and it takes a bloody long time to come up with a product/design that would attract bigger companies.
Hey Kozikan, that question to Peter was regarding the ARM Partnership and yes he said if an ARM customer signs up they get $1M payment upfront followed by royalties typically 3-4 years later.
Oops.Sheez !! Foggy memory. Thanks for the correction Crestman I will edit my post

Reactions: 2 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Does any one else get the feeling that BRN's latest announcement might be cosmically interconnected in some way to other recent announcements from our partners (and suspected partners)? Because I do and I've been feeling that way ever since I started talking to myself on another thread.

Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 6.21.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

We are outside of market hours so here is something that could be upramping if taken too seriously.

ChatGPT needs to lower its electricity consumption about 60 billion percent. Slight exaggeration but what it uses boggles the imagination and is unsustainable. There have been some articles citing the need for a neuromorphic solution to some of the processing needs of ChatGPT.

Moving to 8 bit adds an important strategic opportunity to the AKIDA -v- GPU competition.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 55 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

• Love
Reactions: 20 users

jk6199

Regular
Not sure if I’ve missed reading the announcement being on my phone, does anyone know if we can watch this platform announcement somewhere (?on Brainchip’s website)?

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom