BRN Discussion Ongoing

Hi @Food4 thought

Firstly if you listen closely you will hear Simon Thorpe say Brainchip has licensed. This dates the video to well before Brainchip bought JAST out right.

Secondly my memory is that this particular lecture was posted in 2021.

Thirdly Simon Thorpe has been delivering this same lecture time and again in English and French for as long as I have been researching Brainchip.

Fourthly as the full text of the JAST patent has been available for years there is nothing confidential in Simon Thorpe’s lecture.

Finally Peter van der Made possibly as early as 2019 publicly stated there were issues with JAST which they had modified to achieve what they did with the AKIDA design.

Then as for the secret sauce @Diogenese picked up first that Brainchip’s secret sauce is actually in the design of the neural fabric.

So absolutely nothing of value in the earlier post which led to your question.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Fact Finder
Thanks for you amazing knowing the knowens that I did not know.
You constantly amaze me.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Are their any pearlers I missed in the last week that the 999 eyes picked up😏

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Yes. That's why BrainChip appears on their platform alongside Arduino, Nvidia, Texas Instruments, Synaptics & others.

You develop the Edge Impulse ML algo & then have the option to load it onto a chip of your choice listed on their platform.

View attachment 31201
I wonder if any of the 60,000 developers have run what they have developed on a Nvidia GPU then on a Brainchip AKD1000 and discovered that there was no difference in performance but that one cost $30,000 and one cost $50.00 like those other researchers???

No opinion just a thought so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Dang Son

Regular
Hi @Food4 thought

Firstly if you listen closely you will hear Simon Thorpe say Brainchip has licensed. This dates the video to well before Brainchip bought JAST out right.

Secondly my memory is that this particular lecture was posted in 2021.

Thirdly Simon Thorpe has been delivering this same lecture time and again in English and French for as long as I have been researching Brainchip.

Fourthly as the full text of the JAST patent has been available for years there is nothing confidential in Simon Thorpe’s lecture.

Finally Peter van der Made possibly as early as 2019 publicly stated there were issues with JAST which they had modified to achieve what they did with the AKIDA design.

Then as for the secret sauce @Diogenese picked up first that Brainchip’s secret sauce is actually in the design of the neural fabric.

So absolutely nothing of value in the earlier post which led to your question.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
It's OK FF, I bow to your explanation above

Reactions: 2 users
Apologies if this is common knowledge?

Megachips played a part in design of Akida1500

View attachment 31172
Hi @Rise from the ashes

Apart from the new partnerships which you would know about I think the above post by @Tothemoon24 is the most significant FACT revealed as it feeds credibility into a whole range of dots that others have uncovered.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users
Hi @Rise from the ashes

Apart from the new partnerships which you would know about I think the above post by @Tothemoon24 is the most significant FACT revealed as it feeds credibility into a whole range of dots that others have uncovered.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Yes already picked up that one, so all up to date then with what has been found so far. Cheers for the reply.

Reactions: 8 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
He-he-he!

graphic.png

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12 users

MDhere

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Hi @Rise from the ashes

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I'm going to claim some credit, for the prodding that led to @Tothemoon24's response..

c39e8ca30f2388f7599c6ea3b4972485.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Steve10

Regular
This is what Edge Impulse can do. In this video synthetic data is used to train a model for conveyor belt counting.

Once trained it can then be deployed to suit the different device choices on their platform at 9min 26sec mark in video.

At 18min 56sec he discusses how Edge Impulse adds value by allowing customers to develop products fast & scale up quickly from nothing to development prototype.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Wow

manny100

Regular
I suppose I should elaborate on the reason why I said "yes" to the question of whether Mercedes will mandate the use of Akida with Luminar and it's because of something that Christophe Perillat CEO of Valeo said previously (all-be-it in French which had to be translated into English). Christophe said there is one thing in common with the 2 cars that achieved Level 3 and this element was an extraordinary sensor. So presuming the extraordinary thing about which he speaks is Akida, which is entirely conceivable since incorporating Akida into Valeo's lidars has been the whole point of the partnership between Valeo & BrainChip, then it wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination to conceive of other lidar companies jumping onto the Akida bandwagon, least they get left behind eating their competitors dust.

Luminar's lidar allows the system to operate at speeds up to 80 miles per hour, where as the Drive Pilot equipt with Valeo's lidar allows for hands-free, eyes-off driving up to 40 mph on certain highways. It's really is a cat eat cat 🐱world out there and IMO BrainChip would not be limit themselves to creating partnerships with multiple companies offering the same products.

IMO DYOR YMCA

View attachment 31194
Mercedes will be able to say ' hand on heart' that they use the same AI stuff as NASA.
Sounds impressive anyway.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

manny100

Regular
I suppose I should elaborate on the reason why I said "yes" to the question of whether Mercedes will mandate the use of Akida with Luminar and it's because of something that Christophe Perillat CEO of Valeo said previously (all-be-it in French which had to be translated into English). Christophe said there is one thing in common with the 2 cars that achieved Level 3 and this element was an extraordinary sensor. So presuming the extraordinary thing about which he speaks is Akida, which is entirely conceivable since incorporating Akida into Valeo's lidars has been the whole point of the partnership between Valeo & BrainChip, then it wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination to conceive of other lidar companies jumping onto the Akida bandwagon, least they get left behind eating their competitors dust.

Luminar's lidar allows the system to operate at speeds up to 80 miles per hour, where as the Drive Pilot equipt with Valeo's lidar allows for hands-free, eyes-off driving up to 40 mph on certain highways. It's really is a cat eat cat 🐱world out there and IMO BrainChip would not be limit themselves to creating partnerships with multiple companies offering the same products.

IMO DYOR YMCA

View attachment 31194
Mercedes will be able to say ' hand on heart' that they use the same AI stuff as NASA.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
I third that also.

• Haha

Steve10

Regular
From MegaChips quarterly report.

1677999835208.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users
  • Love
  • Fire

Violin1

Regular
Photo of used dishes collection robot in ski resort Japan. Some annoyance when I took a screwdriver to breakfast to have a look at the chip inside.......

Attachments

• image_67220481.JPG
    image_67220481.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 106
  • Haha
Reactions: 28 users

Violin1

Regular
Does that actually patrol around?
Yep. You put used trays in it and when it's full it drives into the kitchen, dodging people, to be unloaded. Just couldn't resist taking a photo for the 1000 eyes!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
Yep. You put used trays in it and when it's full it drives into the kitchen, dodging people, to be unloaded. Just couldn't resist taking a photo for the 1000 eyes!
Appreciate you thinking of us, I'm always intrigued by the uptake of new innovations.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom