BRN Discussion Ongoing

Gazzafish

Regular
BMW I7. Autonomous driving and tracks eye movement… interesting

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Another article this morning espousing the new partnership between Google and Mercedes. I think at this stage even Blind Freddie would have to agree there's no way that we won't be working with Goggle at some stage given "the Googlefied architecture" will employ the latest version Hyperscreen, a feature of the UI/UX which incoproates AKIDA technology in order increase efficiency and to help the car and driver work together as one.

Google.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-04 at 12.06.0.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
Talking about the new Mercedes operating system MBOS. "The entire operating system would be a game changer, Iyer stated."

View attachment 31132

View attachment 31133

View attachment 31134

Reading this I was reminded of a survey done a few years ago by a car magazine of new car buyers and a significant percentage which I cannot now remember said they would not buy their particular vehicle again because of issues related to cup holders.😂🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Bravo

This is from an old post on Magnus Ostberg's LinkedIn (Chief Software Officer - Mercedes).

This tells us that Continental, BMW, Volswagen and Mercedes all use the same tool chain. What the significance of this is, I know not, but Dr Bonin does admit the Hyperscreen is the most stunning in the industry.

Screen Shot 2023-03-04 at 12.03.3.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-04 at 12.02.59.png

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
This is from an old post on Magnus Ostberg's LinkedIn (Chief Software Officer - Mercedes).

This tells us that Continental, BMW, Volswagen and Mercedes all use the same tool chain. What the significance of this is, I know not, but Dr Bonin does admit the Hyperscreen is the most stunning in the industry.

View attachment 31143

View attachment 31142

really interesting @Bravo, this all are german firms! 🥰

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Bravo

Reading this I was reminded of a survey done a few years ago by a car magazine of new car buyers and a significant percentage which I cannot now remember said they would not buy their particular vehicle again because of issues related to cup holders.😂🤣😂

They mustn't have bought the magical spill-proof cup holder then. Now THAT was a game changer!

vhdanxtsmll2sbbflext.gif

• Haha
  • Love

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Seeing is Collecting​

Audio-video giant Sony is working to take vision systems to the next level. Similar to Nikon’s transformation, Sony aims to carve out its spot in the event-based vision system industry by creating sensors that act like retinas in the human eye.

The tiny sensors are becoming ever smaller, which allows more of them to be fitted on a device to boost data collection volumes. The use of these sensors goes far beyond the manufacturing floor. As the technology improves, Sony sees deployment within collision avoidance systems, drones, and event-based 3D cameras.

Sony recently introduced what it touts as the world’s first intelligent vision sensors equipped with AI processing functionality. One highlight: The new chip will be to identify people and objects.

This would allow cameras with the chip to identify stock levels on a store shelf or use heat maps to track and analyze customer behavior. It could even count and forecast the number of customers in a given location, providing valuable data to calculate when foot traffic is highest.

Where the technology stands to shine the most in manufacturing is around data management. Advanced sensors can identify objects and send a description of what they see without having to include an accompanying image that takes up space in the database. This could reduce storage requirements by up to 10,000 times, leaving companies with more space to gather critical data that they previously haven’t been able to access, while giving AI a looser leash to capture relevant information.

Working Together​

As technology evolves, partnerships between companies in the event-based vision system space and those that want to deploy across other industries will become commonplace.

Datalogic is joining forces with Paris-based Prophesee, a company that invented advanced neuromorphic vision systems and is working to build the next generation of industrial products.

“We are conducting a very fruitful partnership with Prophesee,” said Michele Benedetti, chief technology officer at Datalogic. “Neuromorphic vision is a fascinating technology inspired by the behavior of the human biological system, exactly like neural networks. We believe that the combination of these technologies will provide innovative solutions to our customers.”

As investment in this space increases, the market is expected to drive growth in other industries at an exponential rate through at least 2030, according to a Grand View Research report on the U.S. machine vision market. The increasing demand for quality inspection, as well as the need for vision-guided robotic systems, is expected to fuel that growth.

While long-term forecasts for emerging technologies are far from an exact science, the future for event-based vision systems looks promising—giving manufacturers cause to be fitted with a pair of 20/20 rose-colored specs.

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Slade

Top 20
“Samsung, can “purchase a chipset and the software from [Qualcomm] and then, from Prophesee, they would also purchase the image sensor and the software… but they would have both been pre-tested by us.”

If we accept the above as a correct reporting of how this engagement will work then there is no reason why Prophesee cannot complete it vision by adding the AKIDA brain to the vision sensor and process the vision and send metadata to Snapdragon.

In doing so it would have the advantage of reduced latency and reduced power that would otherwise be taken up by Snapdragon converting the unprocessed spikes from Prophesee’s sensor then processing that data.

It just makes sense and given that Prophesee is after multiple markets completing their sensor by adding the missing brain discussed in the podcast with Rob Telson just makes logical sense.

Additionally if there is some issue as this article suggest with the earlier designs by third parties adding the brain may actually work to Prophesee’s advantage.

Remember the Mercedes Benz words that it is incredible what a little bit of human like intelligence can achieve.

By the way as it now seems Prophesee will be mass producing its own sensor to supply to Qualcomm the need for $50 million becomes a little clearer.

My opinion only so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Well One thing is for certain, Brainchip’s astute management team must have had a very good reason for drawing down on the $50 million. With everything that’s going on it is hard not to be extremely confident that Brainchip is going to fly this year.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Makeme 2020

Regular

Prophesee Metavision​

BARCELONA MOBILE PHONE EXPO 2023
prophesee metavision best of mwc 2023

Bogdan Petrovan / Android Authority
Blurry pictures are the curse of every smartphone photographer, but not for long. Prophesee has partnered with Qualcomm to bring its “event-based” Metavision technology to future smartphones. In a nutshell, Prophesee’s sensor exclusively tracks motion, which is paired with a traditional image sensor to turn smudged images into crisp masterpieces. No phones yet, but watch this space.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Bravo

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Bravo

You know what I also find interesting is that the "Cerence Immersive Companion" for in-car voice assistant is going to be rolled out in FY23/24 and I would be shocked and gob-smacked if it didn't involve us in some way. But, this timeline also rather co-incidentally IMO coincides with Google Assistant (via Android Automotive) being integrated into Cerence's offerings for vehicles starting some time in 2023.

Just my Saturday arvo musings.
Screen Shot 2023-03-04 at 2.10.16.png

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Murphy

Life is not a dress rehearsal!
What are they teaching the young ones these days in school. We did the Doppler Effect in first year science before computers, mobile phones and Google.

Our science teacher even had us stand on the hockey field while she drove past holding the horn in her car on to demonstrate it in practice.

😕🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁😩😩😫
🤣 The world needs more of those wacky science teachers, methinks!

If you don't have dreams, you can't have dreams come true!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Easytiger

Regular
  • Thinking
Reactions: 3 users
Well One thing is for certain, Brainchip’s astute management team must have had a very good reason for drawing down on the $50 million. With everything that’s going on it is hard not to be extremely confident that Brainchip is going to fly this year.
I agree but I was actually referring to Prophesee raising $50 million just before Christmas when they were cashed up and already signed up with Sony and close to doing a deal with Qualcomm.

Clearly they had a plan to manufacture their own vision sensors not just license the IP.

Sorry for the confusion.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire

MDhere

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

MDhere

Regular
Another independent opinion of AKIDA technology being publicly stated by a significant industry player.

Does this opinion have greater weight than that expressed by anonymous posters and WANCAs you be the judge:

“Teksun is committed to innovation and dedicated to providing our customers with the most advanced IoT solutions,” said Brijesh Kamani, founder & CEO of Teksun.

“With BrainChip’s Akida processor, we will be able to deliver next-generation AIoT devices that are faster, more efficient, and more intelligent than ever before and not just meet, but exceed the expectations of our customers.”

Does this statement not make all the negative commentators no more than white noise to be tuned out.

I certainly believe so.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Gosh I love this man! and yet we have never met!! 🤣 O and he loves Brainchip so one day when we meet we will hit it off instantly as we have a common interest! 👍😀 No silent pauses. Bring on the UBIQUITY of AKIDA. nowhere to hide. And welcome back FF , I certainly believe so too.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
Could qualcomm be the secret unnamed telecommunications company BRN have stated they are working with??? More work for Bravo's research!!!
Screenshot_20230304-161331.png

Interested Season 10 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Slade

Top 20
I agree but I was actually referring to Prophesee raising $50 million just before Christmas when they were cashed up and already signed up with Sony and close to doing a deal with Qualcomm.

Clearly they had a plan to manufacture their own vision sensors not just license the IP.

Sorry for the confusion.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Gotcha. Good reasons all round for companies on the move to be raising money.

Reactions: 4 users

Labsy

Regular
“Samsung, can “purchase a chipset and the software from [Qualcomm] and then, from Prophesee, they would also purchase the image sensor and the software… but they would have both been pre-tested by us.”

If we accept the above as a correct reporting of how this engagement will work then there is no reason why Prophesee cannot complete it vision by adding the AKIDA brain to the vision sensor and process the vision and send metadata to Snapdragon.

In doing so it would have the advantage of reduced latency and reduced power that would otherwise be taken up by Snapdragon converting the unprocessed spikes from Prophesee’s sensor then processing that data.

It just makes sense and given that Prophesee is after multiple markets completing their sensor by adding the missing brain discussed in the podcast with Rob Telson just makes logical sense.

Additionally if there is some issue as this article suggest with the earlier designs by third parties adding the brain may actually work to Prophesee’s advantage.

Remember the Mercedes Benz words that it is incredible what a little bit of human like intelligence can achieve.

By the way as it now seems Prophesee will be mass producing its own sensor to supply to Qualcomm the need for $50 million becomes a little clearer.

My opinion only so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Akida makes sensors smart! We are at the extreme edge. How can the Snapdragon process at extreme low energy, indeed nearly zero. There is the hexagon ai element? But this is not SNN? I truelly believe Prophesee have incorporated our IP in their sensor which, as you mentioned, will pre-process data and do most of the inferencing for the Snapdragon chip.... this is what we have been told all along is it not? I completely concur with you FF.. as always..and hoping FF 🙏🙏🦾

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
Top Bottom