BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Not mention of BrainChip, but,
Pre Trained GPT with Spiking Neural Networks = Energy efficient.
View attachment 30884

Learning 🏖

Great find @Learning!

It says here "Our preliminary experiments show that SpikeGPT remains competitive with non-spiking models on tested benchmarks, while maintaining 5x less energy consumption when processed on neuromorphic hardware that can leverage sparse, event-driven activations".

Maybe one for @Diogenese to look at when he's at a loose end for something fun to do.

Just imagine if we could introduce SNN's to ChatGPT how much energy consumption could be reduced, not to mention the operating costs which run into millions of dollars a day.

Spike.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Akida makes sensors smart! We are at the extreme edge. How can the Snapdragon process at extreme low energy, indeed nearly zero. There is the hexagon ai element? But this is not SNN? I truelly believe Prophesee have incorporated our IP in their sensor which, as you mentioned, will pre-process data and do most of the inferencing for the Snapdragon chip.... this is what we have been told all along is it not? I completely concur with you FF.. as always..and hoping FF 🙏🙏🦾
I hope we are right but @Diogenese is not convinced.

In an infinite universe all things are possible but if Luca Verre spoke the truth about the synergy between Prophesee and Brainchip if it does not happen this time around it will eventually occur even if NASA has to be the first and catalyse the free market into action.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

In an infinite universe all things are possible but if Luca Verre spoke the truth about the synergy between Prophesee and Brainchip if it does not happen this time around it will eventually occur even if NASA has to be the first and catalyse the free market into action.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Something I have not been able to uncover yet is how much does the Qualcomm solution that works with Prophesee’s vision sensor cost.

Does anyone know?

AKIDA is cheap as chips not the semiconductor variety but the potato kind.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users

Beebo

Regular
Well One thing is for certain, Brainchip’s astute management team must have had a very good reason for drawing down on the $50 million. With everything that’s going on it is hard not to be extremely confident that Brainchip is going to fly this
Something I have not been able to uncover yet is how much does the Qualcomm solution that works with Prophesee’s vision sensor cost.

Does anyone know?

AKIDA is cheap as chips not the semiconductor variety but the potato kind.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Exactly FF!
If QCOM’s solution draws too much energy from a phone’s battery, it would be doomed on arrival.
There are way too many clues that align us with QCOM!
1. Sean Hehir: “communications” company
2. Sean Hehir: “we have their logo” I.e. house hold name (to me at least)
3. Luca Verre came to Cali to witness science fiction first hand
4. Prophesee and QCOM in bed
5. Prophesee and BRN in bed
6. Rob Telson wants us to understand that, with Prophesee, we belong in mobile
7. AKD 1500 made for volume shipping ( mobile?)
8. LDA cap raise: possibly to show necessary cash cushion
9. The universe is telling us to see the forest from the trees.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 53 users

Easytiger

Regular
Akida makes sensors smart! We are at the extreme edge. How can the Snapdragon process at extreme low energy, indeed nearly zero. There is the hexagon ai element? But this is not SNN? I truelly believe Prophesee have incorporated our IP in their sensor which, as you mentioned, will pre-process data and do most of the inferencing for the Snapdragon chip.... this is what we have been told all along is it not? I completely concur with you FF.. as always..and hoping FF 🙏🙏
Exactly FF!
If QCOM’s solution draws too much energy from a phone’s battery, it would be doomed on arrival.
yeah it’s much harder to argue that we are not included

Reactions: 1 users

Slade

Top 20
Putting Qualcomm aside, I’m excited that Prophesee’s business relationship with Sony is expanding. This bodes well for Brainchip.

• Love
Reactions: 30 users
Exactly FF!
Hi @Beebo

I hope that my reputation for upramping as promoted on HC by the no need to name them trolls is strong enough to cope with a little bit of downramping.

I have great respect for @Diogenese and the capacity of ego over at Qualcomm, Samsung and Sony to not accept that Dio may be right that these three giants are prepared to ignore the bleeding obvious.

What I do believe is that as long as Luca Verre holds true and Prophesee and AKIDA combine and produce performance figures regarding latency and power consumption that it will be those figures which will eventually kick in the doors no matter how much ego is piled up on the other side trying to resist the ubiquitous.

Nviso’s numbers, Edge Impulses numbers and Mercedes Benz numbers lead me to only one conclusion Prophesee Brainchip numbers are going to blow everything else away.

I am also reminded that Samsung has previously got things wrong and literally had phones melt under the weight of Von Neumann technology processing load.

As Peter van der Made said two years ago we are only just getting started.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

Labsy

Regular

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I was thinking If I were Luca, I'd jump at any opportunity to collaborate with Qualcomm despite our unique complementary abilities. Perhaps this is their "in" and then once established, encourage the implementation of the superior IP... This of course could be risky if a competitor uses us and beats them to it...
But like you said, in an infinite universe, perhaps something is indeed brewing with our secret sauce...

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

The perfect example of the ignore button

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Ian

Founding Member
For someone who pretends to be a lawyer, your grammar is appalling. Maybe you‘re used to having a secretary re-write your letters.

“But you so often do can it be so hard perhaps I need to make my posts easier to understand.” WTF does that even mean?

Have you ever heard of a comma? Maybe use one occasionally.

The thing is, I’ve been invested in the stock market for over 40 years.
Im not one of the newbies that hangs on your every word to make them feel good about their investment decisions.

I’ve also noticed over the years how you arc up when someone takes you to task. If you don’t like my opinion, move on or put me on ignore.

Lawyers / Carsalesman, one and the same to me.

PS. Hope this doesn’t cause you to have another hissy fit and take your bat and ball and go home…….
Hey! Take that back! I'm a car salesman and if you ever purchase a quality used vehicle from me I will be sure to piss in your fuel tank and take a dump in the spare wheel well. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
Gee that was quick but just for the record I don’t pretend to be a lawyer I pretend to be a retired lawyer.

I do get tired of correcting your work.

Looks like another “Working to capacity” comment on your report card.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Slade

Top 20
Gee that was quick but just for the record I don’t pretend to be a lawyer I pretend to be a retired lawyer.

I do get tired of correcting your work.

Looks like another “Working to capacity” comment on your report card.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I almost missed a good laugh because I already have that Troll on ignore. What a bitter little clown.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Steve10

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users
60,000 developers now using Egde Impulse platform & they are working on 130,000 projects.

View attachment 31157
View attachment 31156
And on that note those 60,000 developers have access to:

We are pleased to announce official support for the BrainChip Akida platform including the integration of the MetaTF™ framework into the Edge Impulse Studio. This will enable our semiconductor partners that integrate BrainChip’s Akida fully-digital, event-based neuromorphic IP into their SoCs, as well as developers using the Akida™ PCIe board, making BrainChip the first strategic AI IP partner enabled on the Edge Impulse platform. BrainChip and Edge Impulse have taken a very unique approach to provide power into the hands of anyone who wants to apply and leverage the benefits of neuromorphic computing without being an expert in the field.

The Akida™ PCIe board uses the AKD1000, BrainChip’s first Akida-enabled device released in 2022. This board can be plugged into a developer’s existing system to unlock capabilities for a wide array of edge AI applications, including Automotive/Smart Transportation, Smart City, Smart Home (including health and wellness devices), and Smart Factory/Industrial use cases. Linux machines with the AKD1000 are supported by Edge Impulse so that you can sample raw data, build models, and deploy trained embedded machine learning models directly from Edge Impulse Studio to create the next generation of low-power, high-performance ML applications.

Neuromorphic computing is a completely different approach to AI. It often combines analog, digital, and mixed-signal architectures to construct physical artificial neurons inside the chip. It more closely resembles how the brain operates on a hardware level, rather than relying on emulating neuron activity in traditional von Neumann or Harvard architectures (the microprocessors and microcontrollers that are in use today). By reimagining the hardware for performing neural network computations, incredible power savings can be achieved.

BrainChip has avoided the analog/mixed-signal challenge and built a fully-digital, event-based neuromorphic IP platform which makes it extremely portable across foundries, and very configurable to fit specific footprint and power constraints. Akida is also the only available edge IP solution that supports one-shot/few-shot learning on device – untethered from the cloud.

Traditionally, to achieve these compelling power efficiencies, neuromorphic computing relies on spiking neural networks (SNNs), which operate unlike traditional artificial neural networks. SNNs use a leaky integrate-and-fire model, where individual neurons are only “activated” when a particular input potential threshold is reached from the various connected upstream neurons. Such activations are modeled as differential equations, which makes SNNs notoriously difficult to train.

Again, BrainChip has focused on developer simplicity with the innovative, free MetaTF tool that transparently converts advanced deep learning models such as feed-forward CNNs and recurrent RNNs networks into equivalent SNN networks to seamlessly run on Akida technology. MetaTF is integrated into the Edge Impulse Studio to provide developers the ability to build, train, and deploy models with limited to no code requirements. This captures the benefits of the “spiking” event-based computation while making it seamless for the developer to use their preferred environment and preferred models to tune them predictably on the platform. Most importantly, the developer does not need to learn the intricacies of neuromorphic compute or SNNs. BrainChip also has a free to use Akida Model Zoo that are Akida optimized networks of existing models to provide developers with examples and give them a head start into leveraging the neuromorphic technology”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

Steve10

Regular
And on that note those 60,000 developers have access to:

We are pleased to announce official support for the BrainChip Akida platform including the integration of the MetaTF™ framework into the Edge Impulse Studio. This will enable our semiconductor partners that integrate BrainChip’s Akida fully-digital, event-based neuromorphic IP into their SoCs, as well as developers using the Akida™ PCIe board, making BrainChip the first strategic AI IP partner enabled on the Edge Impulse platform. BrainChip and Edge Impulse have taken a very unique approach to provide power into the hands of anyone who wants to apply and leverage the benefits of neuromorphic computing without being an expert in the field.

The Akida™ PCIe board uses the AKD1000, BrainChip’s first Akida-enabled device released in 2022. This board can be plugged into a developer’s existing system to unlock capabilities for a wide array of edge AI applications, including Automotive/Smart Transportation, Smart City, Smart Home (including health and wellness devices), and Smart Factory/Industrial use cases. Linux machines with the AKD1000 are supported by Edge Impulse so that you can sample raw data, build models, and deploy trained embedded machine learning models directly from Edge Impulse Studio to create the next generation of low-power, high-performance ML applications.

Neuromorphic computing is a completely different approach to AI. It often combines analog, digital, and mixed-signal architectures to construct physical artificial neurons inside the chip. It more closely resembles how the brain operates on a hardware level, rather than relying on emulating neuron activity in traditional von Neumann or Harvard architectures (the microprocessors and microcontrollers that are in use today). By reimagining the hardware for performing neural network computations, incredible power savings can be achieved.

BrainChip has avoided the analog/mixed-signal challenge and built a fully-digital, event-based neuromorphic IP platform which makes it extremely portable across foundries, and very configurable to fit specific footprint and power constraints. Akida is also the only available edge IP solution that supports one-shot/few-shot learning on device – untethered from the cloud.

Traditionally, to achieve these compelling power efficiencies, neuromorphic computing relies on spiking neural networks (SNNs), which operate unlike traditional artificial neural networks. SNNs use a leaky integrate-and-fire model, where individual neurons are only “activated” when a particular input potential threshold is reached from the various connected upstream neurons. Such activations are modeled as differential equations, which makes SNNs notoriously difficult to train.

Again, BrainChip has focused on developer simplicity with the innovative, free MetaTF tool that transparently converts advanced deep learning models such as feed-forward CNNs and recurrent RNNs networks into equivalent SNN networks to seamlessly run on Akida technology. MetaTF is integrated into the Edge Impulse Studio to provide developers the ability to build, train, and deploy models with limited to no code requirements. This captures the benefits of the “spiking” event-based computation while making it seamless for the developer to use their preferred environment and preferred models to tune them predictably on the platform. Most importantly, the developer does not need to learn the intricacies of neuromorphic compute or SNNs. BrainChip also has a free to use Akida Model Zoo that are Akida optimized networks of existing models to provide developers with examples and give them a head start into leveraging the neuromorphic technology”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

If 1% of the 130,000 Edge Impulse projects use Akida = 1,300 projects. That's a lot of projects.

And 0.1% = 130. That's still a lot of projects.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Steve10

Regular
BRN is similar to a miner. Resource identified & speculators hop on board. When it's time to build the mine the speculators depart. When it's time to commence operations at the mine the big money enters.

1677921754250.png

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi @Beebo

I hope that my reputation for upramping as promoted on HC by the no need to name them trolls is strong enough to cope with a little bit of downramping.

I have great respect for @Diogenese and the capacity of ego over at Qualcomm, Samsung and Sony to not accept that Dio may be right that these three giants are prepared to ignore the bleeding obvious.

What I do believe is that as long as Luca Verre holds true and Prophesee and AKIDA combine and produce performance figures regarding latency and power consumption that it will be those figures which will eventually kick in the doors no matter how much ego is piled up on the other side trying to resist the ubiquitous.

Nviso’s numbers, Edge Impulses numbers and Mercedes Benz numbers lead me to only one conclusion Prophesee Brainchip numbers are going to blow everything else away.

I am also reminded that Samsung has previously got things wrong and literally had phones melt under the weight of Von Neumann technology processing load.

As Peter van der Made said two years ago we are only just getting started.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I agree it's just a matter of "when", not "if". It's just that my "when" is bigger than yours.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19 users
I agree it's just a matter of "when", not "if". It's just that my "when" is bigger than yours.
That is said with a degree of assurance that must mean you peaked.😂🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom