BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
Thanks FF. I agree with you and this could be true for all our partnerships prophesee included. So we could have already come to some terms for income from Qualcomm for example and no need to share this as sales are some time off. It would also mean never a license needed??
My previously mentioned thoughts on some of the partnerships is that they may be joint ventures where both parties agree to co-develop a product (possibly Socionext, Prophesee, ...). This is not a licence agreement. There is no licence fee involved and there are no royalties payable. The parties share in the revenue from sales in proportion to their contribution to the JV.

A short time ago someone posted an email from Tony to the effect that partnerships are different from customer licence arrangements.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 22 users
Thanks FF. I agree with you and this could be true for all our partnerships prophesee included. So we could have already come to some terms for income from Qualcomm for example and no need to share this as sales are some time off. It would also mean never a license needed??
Yes that is what Legal Gymnastics can achieve but not sure how it will go as a spectator sport with the best score being achieved for what the public cannot see.😂🤣😂

The problem we have as shareholders is that if we accept what has been said about customers considering AKIDA as a key differentiator then there are very good reasons for these customers to keep the fact they are developing products using AKIDA a secret and we will have to wait for the balance sheet to reflect this success.

Is this the truth? I am clearly personally backing it as the truth.

The fact that MegaChips runs a business model based on promising customers complete anonymity gives me some confidence that this is not unusual in the semiconductor space.

The fact that a couple of years back the Chairman of TATA felt the need to apologise to his shareholders about the lack of information released about new products because of China stealing ideas and IP gives me confidence.

The fact that Nviso produced astonishing performance figures against leading competitors such as Nvidia gives me confidence.

The fact that Edge Impulse described AKIDA as science fiction and provides astonishing comparison figures for AKIDA against a GPU gives me confidence.

The fact that Mercedes Benz claims a five to ten times performance advantage for AKIDA over competitors and then heads underground again and Brainchip is scared to say anything beyond these Mercedes Benz words gives me confidence.

The fact that NASA remains engaged and Brainchip is not allowed to talk about it gives me confidence.

The fact that Intel, ARM and SiFive have partnered with Brainchip gives me confidence.

The fact that Prophesee after partnering with Intel and SynSense lauds AKIDA as allowing their vision sensor to achieve its potential gives me confidence.

The fact that Valeo, Ford and Socionext remain engaged and refuse to say much if anything about precisely what they are doing gives me confidence.

The fact that the Edge has become the new technology black and everyone now wants to get on the bandwagon gives me confidence.

The fact that Renesas has taped out their AKIDA chip taking the standard industry time for this purpose of about two years gives me confidence but continues to release very limited information gives me confidence.

But of course on the other hand everyone who has been employed by Brainchip since the release of the AKIDA IP to select customers in 2019 including the Board and the SAB could be part of a giant conspiracy to lie about NDA’s and EAP customers so they can get more bonus shares in a dud company which will be worthless when the lie is exposed and they are bail refused waiting for trial on remand at Long Bay.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 74 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I have no idea either. I mean I only just this minute learnt from Fact Finder what the Doppler Effect was! However, I do know what a Doppelgänger is and obviously it's a much bigger word, which I only know on account of having a striking resemblance to Agelina Jolie. Just kidding.

Your big toes are like two peas in a pod.

Caution: Do not try this at home as it may short circuit the pod.

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Because the market makers don't panic based on short term price movements like some shareholders. 🪁
Market makers usually hold shares anywhere between a few milli seconds to a few minutes, and not weeks/months/years like those some shareholders.

So I guess they don't need to panic as they are exploiting the arbitrage and volatility.

Recently a market maker made $4 Trillion USD worth of transactions though they're neck deep on naked shorts. Because they can. They don't need to worry about long term holds, they're just there to make use of the trades. That include the trades by long term investors too.
Worth reading into how market makers work.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I don't mean to brag but I'm on the Top Rated Posts today! I'm the most popular poster on WBT but that 's because I'm the only one posting anything on there.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Cyw

Regular
Looks like we are still in the ASX200.

1677829031891.png

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Foxdog

Regular
I don't mean to brag but I'm on the Top Rated Posts today! I'm the most popular poster on WBT but that 's because I'm the only one posting anything on there.
I knew you were special 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Bravo

defimg.png
EP3913534A4
SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR REAL-TIME RADAR-BASED ACTION RECOGNITION USING SPIKING NEURAL NETWORK(SNN)
Application
Publication/Patent Number: EP3913534A4Publication Date: 2021-11-24Application Number: EP20213433Filing Date: 2020-12-11Inventor: Rani, Smriti Dey, Sounak George, Arun Pal, Arpan Banerjee, Dighanchal Chakravarty, Tapas Chowdhury, Arijit Mukherjee, ArijitAssignee: Tata Consultancy Services LimitedIPC: G06K9/00Abstract: This disclosure relates generally to action recognition and more particularly to system and method for real-time radar-based action recognition. The classical machine learning techniques used for learning and inferring human actions from radar images are compute intensive, and require volumes of training data, making them unsuitable for deployment on network edge. The disclosed system utilizes neuromorphic computing and Spiking Neural Networks (SNN) to learn human actions from radar data captured by radar sensor(s). In an embodiment, the disclosed system includes a SNNmodel having a data pre-processing layer, Convolutional SNN layers and a Classifier layer. The preprocessing layer receives radar data including doppler frequencies reflected from the target and determines a binarized matrix. The CSNN layers extracts features (spatial and temporal) associated with the target's actions based on the binarized matrix. The classifier layer identifies a type of the action performed by the target based on the features
imgf0001.tif_210x210.png
EP3913534A1
SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR REAL-TIME RADAR-BASED ACTION RECOGNITION USING SPIKING NEURAL NETWORK(SNN)
Application
Publication/Patent Number: EP3913534A1Publication Date: 2021-11-24Application Number: EP20213433.4Filing Date: 2020-12-11Inventor: Dey, Sounak Mukherjee, Arijit Banerjee, Dighanchal Rani, Smriti George, Arun Chakravarty, Tapas Chowdhury, Arijit Pal, ArpanAssignee: Tata Consultancy Services LimitedIPC: G06K9/46Abstract: This disclosure relates generally to action recognition and more particularly to system and method for real-time radar-based action recognition. The classical machine learning techniques used for learning and inferring human actions from radar images are compute intensive, and require volumes of training data, making them unsuitable for deployment on network edge. The disclosed system utilizes neuromorphic computing and Spiking Neural Networks (SNN) to learn human actions from radar data captured by radar sensor(s). In an embodiment, the disclosed system includes a SNNmodel having a data pre-processing layer, Convolutional SNN layers and a Classifier layer. The preprocessing layer receives radar data including doppler frequencies reflected from the target and determines a binarized matrix. The CSNN layers extracts features (spatial and temporal) associated with the target's actions based on the binarized matrix. The classifier layer identifies a type of the action performed by the target based on the features
US20210365778A1-20211125-D00000.TIF_210x210.png
US20210365778A1
Application
Publication/Patent Number: US20210365778A1Publication Date: 2021-11-25Application Number: US17/122,041Filing Date: 2020-12-15Inventor: Dey, Sounak Mukherjee, Arijit Banerjee, Dighanchal Rani, Smriti George, Arun Chakravarty, Tapas Chowdhury, Arijit Pal,Assignee: Tata Consultancy Services LimitedIPC: G06N3/08Abstract: This disclosure relates generally to action recognition and more particularly to system and method for real-time radar-based action recognition. The classical machine learning techniques used for learning and inferring human actions from radar images are compute intensive, and require volumes of training data, making them unsuitable for deployment on network edge. The disclosed system utilizes neuromorphic computing and Spiking Neural Networks (SNN) to learn human actions from radar data captured by radar sensor(s). In an embodiment, the disclosed system includes a SNNmodel having a data pre-processing layer, Convolutional SNN layers and a Classifier layer. The preprocessing layer receives radar data including doppler frequencies reflected from the target and determines a binarized matrix. The CSNN layers extracts features (spatial and temporal) associated with the target's actions based on the binarized matrix. The classifier layer identifies a type of the action performed by the target based on the features.

I just had a closer look at this and it's got the whole trifecta going on; doppler, matrix, and binarized! It almost made me slip into a coma except my cat licked my face and woke me up.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Teach22

Regular
By the way can someone post the article or press release that confirms MegaChips has not sold any AKIDA technology IP to one of its customers under NDA.

Otherwise can those saying that the only AKIDA IP sales that have been made are to Renesas and Megachips amend their posts to reflect that MegaChips may have made sales under NDA to their customers.

After all MegaChips has paid millions of dollars to Brainchip, spent large sums to train their engineers, modified their website and stated it is their primary intention to on sell AKIDA IP to their customers so at least allow for the possibility they know what they are doing and have done what they said.

It is a science fiction beast they have available to sell.

Much appreciated as we would not want to have any misleading information posted here would we?

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: Why do I say under NDA well for those who are unaware MegaChips has a reputation for keeping its customer details confidential and the only ongoing customer relationship it admits to publicly is Nintendo.

The 1000 Eyes have cleverly found connections between MegaChips, Sony and Apple.

The 1000 Eyes have cleverly found connections between MegaChips, Sony and Apple.”

To be fair, the 1000 eyes have found connections to practically everyone & everything AI related.
As well as some that are not.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Just for interest:

Valeo Works with Ellcie Eyewear​

Valeo is already active in the field, having introduced smart anti-glare glasses that synchronize with vehicle headlights. Now, it is partnering with Ellcie Healthy to capitalize on the start-up’s expertise in eyewear with integrated sensors. Teams from both companies will be working together, combining Valeo’s experience in connected vehicles with Ellcie Healthy’s knowledge of smart glasses. The aim of the partnership is to accelerate development of new vehicle applications, leading for example to improved road safety, more comfortable driving and enhanced human-machine interfaces.
The partnership with Ellcie Healthy is in line with Valeo’s open innovation approach, which involves engaging in day-to-day dialogue with universities, laboratories, companies in other industry sectors and start-ups across the world

Renesas Flash Chip MCU for Renesas Autonomy​

Renesas Electronics Corporation, a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, announced the sample shipment of the industry’s first on-chip flash memory microcontroller (MCU) using a 28 nanometer (nm) process technology. To contribute to the realization of next-generation green cars and autonomous vehicles with higher efficiency and higher reliability, the revolutionary RH850/E2x Series MCU incorporates up to six 400 megahertz (MHz) CPU cores, which makes it the first on-chip flash memory automotive MCU to achieve the industry’s highest processing performance (Note 1) of 9600 MIPS. The new MCU series also features a built-in flash memory of up to 16 megabytes (MB) as well as enhanced security functions and functional safety.

Under Renesas autonomy, an open, innovative and trusted platform for assisted and automated driving, Renesas provides end-to-end solutions that advance the evolution of vehicles towards next-generation green cars, connected cars, and autonomous-driving vehicles. The 28nm-generation automotive control MCU is a new breakthrough product featuring next-generation technology for achieving vehicle control, which, together with the R-Car Family of systems-on-chip (SoCs) designed for cloud connectivity and sensing, constitute the two main pillars of the Renesas autonomy Platform. Car OEMs and Tier 1 manufacturers, such as Denso Corporation, have already started to adopt the new 28nm MCU, recognizing the MCU’s superior processing performance capable of developing next-generation fuel-efficient engines, as well as its unparalleled scalability as a platform that addresses the expected electronic control unit (ECU) integration to come from changes in automotive electrics/electronics (E/E) architecture

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
The 1000 Eyes have cleverly found connections between MegaChips, Sony and Apple.”

To be fair, the 1000 eyes have found connections to practically everyone & everything AI related.
It is a great pity you did not understand the point. But you so often do can it be so hard perhaps I need to make my posts easier to understand. Let me know if that is the case.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Reactions: 7 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent

By the way can someone post the article or press release that confirms MegaChips has not sold any AKIDA technology IP to one of its customers under NDA.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I just had a closer look at this and it's got the whole trifecta going on; doppler, matrix, and binarized! It almost made me slip into a coma except my cat licked my face and woke me up.
Isn't "binarized" when you throw something out.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Bravo

Isn't "binarized" when you throw something out.
I'm pretty sure it is and I should know because I personally binarized a whole heap of clutter at my folk's place last week.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Slade

Top 20
Hi all, can someone please explain to me how we stayed in the ASX200 when we're lucky be in the top 300? I really don't understand.

Don’t worry, it’s probably a mistake, I will give the ASX a call and ask them to fix it.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17 users

Violin1

Regular
Gidday All,

Just some thoughts.

With around 20 trading days left before all this LDA Capital selling has been completed things are going to remain choppy so to speak in my
opinion...but once completed we will be obligation free I believe and will receive around 10 Million USD to go with the current balance of around
20 Million USD, so a balance sheet representing around 30 Million USD.

This looks good, but it can be a little deceiving, as it's been inflated by the issuing of more shares at a super competitive price, not reflecting a solid revenue base forming (just yet), but none-the-less, it's still positive and reflects that our Board have us positioned nicely to move forward, not forgetting that the companies we engage with also want to see that they are partnering etc with a company that also indicates stability, and are on top of all things financial.

Then lets just reflect on the time lines that were involved with the dispatching of our engineering samples/ reference chips, I am referring to the time involved from when TSMC first started their production run, it was months not weeks, followed by all the testing and finally Anil and his team signing off on the chips to be released to EAP's and so on.

The company his indicated sometime in May 2023 they hope to receive this current run from GlobalFoundries, then we do our business, then the companies we have/are engaged with do their internal magic, that is designing, testing, fitting our IP into their own products, some maybe already to go, others not even dreamt up as yet, so what I'm implying is, forget getting too pumped up with any major product flooding this year, the time lines to me at least are just too short.

The reason I'm personally so relaxed about our current position is that, I've taken the pressure off myself, as such, by trying to be realistic with the time lines and as I have already mentioned 1 January 2025 sits extremely well with me, good luck with your decision process, if we all respect our own choices, well, that's all one can ask for really.

Thanks to "the stable" for posting our current list of partners etc.., excellent reading!

My views only, happy for you to totally disagree, cheers.

Tech (y);)
That's a very good post @TECH . A couple of years ago I thought I might get rich quicker than I do now. The production lines and leadtimes for uptake of new tech was news to me (really because of my lack of knowledge) and thus my expectations have also changed and been tempered. I'm still expecting great things and once we get going the revenue curve should be pretty steep - but 2023 will be slower than I first thought. I know there is turmoil in the world but I suspect the real, and acceptable, reason for slower revenue is that selling IP is just bloody hard in the early stages. Once weget going - ballista....

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

Just because I know that you cannot read everything and like to form judgments on incomplete information I have provided the following link and will tell you it is on page 13 but I bet you know this already because it has been posted at least three other times the first by myself last year and the most recent yesterday by Fullmoonfever:

You will note that it even lists the USA base of Megachips along with a number of others but as you know the USA would be sufficient as Brainchip is dealing with Megachips USA.

The 1000 Eyes is very often correct once it states something as fact.

No opinion involved just the public statement by Apple being relied upon.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Diogenese

Top 20
That's a very good post @TECH . A couple of years ago I thought I might get rich quicker than I do now. The production lines and leadtimes for uptake of new tech was news to me (really because of my lack of knowledge) and thus my expectations have also changed and been tempered. I'm still expecting great things and once we get going the revenue curve should be pretty steep - but 2023 will be slower than I first thought. I know there is turmoil in the world but I suspect the real, and acceptable, reason for slower revenue is that selling IP is just bloody hard in the early stages. Once weget going - ballista....
Yes. once we switched to a pure IP business from a chip supplier, it became necessary to extend the time horizon or return to GO without collecting $200.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
Top Bottom