BRN Discussion Ongoing

ndefries

Regular
This does seem a strange union as those guys over at TCS only ever do research about using spiking neural network architecture for a wide range of things from monitoring the health of man and machine, intelligent communication networks, warehouse management , gesture recognition with DVS cameras and robotics.

Why would Renesas be interested in working with them?

The only thing they have in common is Brainchip after all.

Very strange. 😂🤣😂🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁😂😂😂😂🪁

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
this is very interesting! Suspect the Akida IP license will come in handy for this partnership

Very interesting after Ford closed its joint autonomous driving company (Argo) with Volkswagen which they spent $4 billion on in October 22. They allowed the dust to settle and are basically saying they are capable of going it alone. Ford being one of our know EAPs

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

VictorG

Chart suggesting we could hit 40's 😐.
Not advice, but with all potential akida links provided here, I'm still holding on.

Can't help but to feel very frustrated though with the lack of material announcements. Fair enough you can't put specific figures on collaborations and partnerships with other companies. So I guess we just have to believe what the CEO has said about increasing sales and focusing on financial figures in future reports.

Its probably the investment funds selling most if not all their BRN holdings ahead of the ASX 200 index rebalance. I expect a few more days of this before the share price can bounce back.

The question that has me thinking is, if the institutions that are selling down their BRN holdings had also lent their shares out to shorters, wouldn't the shorters have to buy back their shorts also. Should we expect a few large cross trades in the next few days?

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

DK6161

Regular
I think the management's main focus is on getting market's traction and becoming part of the eco system which is a key to success and to become industry standard imo.

But I think they've set incorrect / unrealistic hope for the investors... I do feel sad because I've increased my holdings significantly thinking IP agreements are imminent and will be followed by heaps of revenues in 2021 & 2022 which ate all my gains and now in deep red....

Although a lot of people told me multiple times that the revenue will come through MegaChips and Renesas, I still don't understand why we haven't landed any more IP agreements for years...

But given we are now part of multiple eco systems and formed great partnerships, hopefully revenue will follow... (but I am a bit afraid it might take years... hopefully I am wrong and it will happen soon) I haven't sold a single share.. I am still hopefulllll
I think a lot of us are in that position - expecting 2021 and 2022 to be a big year with many companies signing up to our IPs with some payments being made upfront etc.
Some of us got caught up with excitements everytime new collaborations were announced, thinking that they were huge news. In reality these were just early collaborations and it takes a bloody long time to come up with a product/design that would attract bigger companies.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Mark it in the calendar.......

Screenshot_20230303_144853_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users
Hey, I'm a simple man too 👍

Your return post had lots of good, well thought out points, which I'm sure many who are looking at the current share price and feeling a bit down, would have appreciated.

The ecosystem of partnerships we are building, is hugely important and will make this Company.

That's why we have Rob Telson on the job.
His likeable personality, is a perfect fit for building relationships with other companies.

He is old school, in this respect.

The people in a company, are just as, if not more so, important than the product.
And we have Great people.

Those looking at where the share price is, 52 week lows, keep in mind the LDA pricing period.

The floor price, set by the Company, is looking to have been around 50 cents, probably 55 and they just want to make sure, they pay as little as possible, by keeping it under that.

I suspect the Company, was expecting a major deal or 2, to drop soonish, which would explain the extended pricing period..
"I suspect the Company, was expecting a major deal or 2, to drop soonish, which would explain the extended pricing period.."

Goodness if this were true we only have four short weeks or so for them to make an announcement. With so little time available to fit in two announcements is it possible. Hang on they made two announcements about new partnerships in approximately a week just recently. They could make eight in four weeks based on that. The AGM is in May and everyone at Brainchip sales are working flat out we are told.

Could you be correct that the pricing period was chosen to coincide with some better than normal good news to maximise the outcome???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users

jtardif999

Regular
Renesas took 2 years to convert the License agreement to a tapeout.
Should any EAP customer or Partner wish to convert this year to a Licensee, we could see a chip by 2025, which I hope most of us have the patience for?
Whoever converts to a licensee will pay a licence fee - so we will see that somewhere in the financials (just as we saw the 4M in the recent report). Megachips will be mega for this imo, they can educate, develop solutions and support customers of our IP and we will only see the result of that in the financials. Then eventually BRN will reap the royalties from that. I think we have to be patient to the extent of seeing the 6 month reports to be assured that things are ticking along. AIMO.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I don't want to get everyone too excited (which means I actually do) but Forbes published an article a few weeks ago about ChatGPT and how it costs millions of dollars a day to run and how neuromorphic computing could one day be the solution to driving down this staggering and unnecessary expense. The article says "But our brains are a million times more efficient than the GPUs, CPUs, and memory that make up ChatGPT’s cloud hardware. And neuromorphic computing researchers are working hard to make the miracles that big server farms in the clouds can do today much simpler and cheaper, bringing them down to the small devices in our hands, our homes, our hospitals, and our workplaces".

Baring in mind, this is interview with the CEO of Rain AI, Gordon Wilson, so naturally he doesn't mention us because we're his competitors, but he may as well be talking about us because we're the experts, aren't we?

Extract Only​

Perhaps that other way is analogous to something we already have a lot of familiarity with.
According to Rain AI’s Wilson, we have to learn from the most efficient computing platform we currently know of: the human brain. Our brain is “a million times” more efficient than the AI technology that ChatGPT and large language models use, Wilson says. And it happens to come in a very flexible, convenient, and portable package.
“I always like to talk about scale and efficiency, right? The brain has achieved both,” Wilson says. “Typically, when we’re looking at compute platforms, we have to choose.”
That means you can get the creativity that is obvious in ChatGPT or Stable Diffusion, which relies on data center compute to build AI-generated answers or art (trained, yes, on copyrighted images), or you can get something small and efficient enough to deploy and run on a mobile phone, but doesn’t have much intelligence.
That, Wilson says, is a trade-off that we don’t want to keep having to make.
Which is why, he says, an artificial brain built with memristors that can “ultimately enable 100 billion-parameter models in a chip the size of a thumbnail,” is critical.
For reference, ChatGPT’s large language model is built on 175 billion parameters, and it’s one of the largest and most powerful yet built. ChatGPT 4, which rumors say is as big a leap from ChatGPT 3 as the third version was from its predecessors — will likely be much larger. But even the current version used 10,000 Nvidia GPUs just for training, with likely more to support actual queries, and costs about a penny an answer.
Running something of roughly similar scale on your finger is going to be multiple orders of magnitude cheaper.
And if we can do that, it unlocks much smarter machines that generate that intelligence in much more local ways.
“How can we make training so cheap and so efficient that you can push that all the way to the edge?” Wilson asks. “Because if you can do that, then I think that’s what really encapsulates an artificial brain. It’s a device. It’s a piece of hardware and software that can exist, untethered, perhaps in a cell phone, or AirPods, or a robot, or a drone. And it importantly has the ability to learn on the fly. To adapt to a changing environment or a changing self.”
That’s a critical evolution in the development of artificial intelligence. Doing so enables smarts in machines we own and not just rent, which means intelligence that is not dependent on full-time access to the cloud. Also: intelligence that doesn’t upload everything known about us to systems owned by corporations we end up having no choice but to trust.
It also, potentially, enables machines that differentiate. Learn. Adapt. Maybe even grow.
My car should know me and my area better than a distant colleagues’ car. Your personal robot should know you and your routines, your likes and dislikes, better than mine. And those likes and dislikes, with your personal data, should stay local on that local machine.
There’s a lot more development, however, to be done on analog systems and neuromorphic computing: at least several years. Rain has been working on the problem for six years, and Wilson thinks shipping product in quantity — 10,000 units for Open AI, 100,000 units for Google — is at least “a few years away.” Other companies like chip giant Intel are also working on neuromorphic computing with the Loihi chip, but we haven’t seen that come to the market in scale yet.
If and when we do, however, the brain-emulation approach shows great promise. And the potential for great disruption.
“A brain is a platform that supports intelligence,” says Wilson. “And a brain, a biological brain, is hardware and software and algorithms all blended together in a very deeply intertwined way. An artificial brain, like what we’re building at Rain, is also hardware plus algorithms plus software, co-designed, intertwined, in a way that is really ... inseparable.”
Here's the full interview for anyone interested. It sounds like Rain AI are years behind us if you ask me because they're still building their analogue brain.

Bravo

Crikey!

Mercedes Says Level 4 Self-Driving Will Happen By 2030​

MAR. 02, 2023 6:32 PM ETBY JAY TRAUGOTT TECHNOLOGY / 5 COMMENTS
The German automaker has already beaten rivals for Level 3 approval.
Mercedes-Benz has gone on record stating that Level 4 self-driving is "doable" by decade's end. Speaking to Automotive News, the German automaker's Chief Technology Officer, Markus Schafer, said, "private-owned Level 4 cars, absolutely. This is something that I see in the future."
Mercedes' Level 3 technology, called Drive Pilot, is the first of its kind in the US and has already been approved for use in Nevada, and other states such as California are expected to follow suit in the coming months. For now, only the 2024 S-Class and EQS Sedan offer Level 3, both of which will go on sale in the second half of this year. Unlike Level 2+ systems like GM's Super Cruise, Ford's Blue Cruise, and Tesla's Autopilot and Full Self-Driving, Drive Pilot can "hand over the dynamic driving task to the vehicle under certain conditions."
The system utilizes a combination of LiDAR, radar, and various sensors to allow for safe highway driving at speeds of up to 40 mph.
1113756.jpg
Mercedes-Benz
1113755.jpg
Mercedes-Benz

1113756.jpg

1113755.jpg

Yes, Level 3 makes it possible to text and drive (although we should point out that this is still illegal), but the driver must still be ready to assume control of the vehicle at a moment's notice if the system detects any sort of obstacle. Level 4 takes things up a notch. "Just imagine you are in a big city, and you come from work, and you are sitting for two hours in traffic, and you press the button and go to sleep," Schaefer added. "There will be a demand for that."
One key difference between Level 3 and Level 4 is that human drivers don't have to keep an eye on the road in most conditions. Level 4 is ideally suited for heavy traffic within cities, but things like extreme weather are a different matter.
Level 5, which requires absolutely no human involvement, is still years away from becoming possible. Companies like Waymo and Cruise are currently testing driverless taxis with that tech, but it's still far from perfect and remains expensive.

1113751.jpg

1113759.jpg

1113760.jpg

Mercedes is taking responsibility for Drive Pilot's accuracy and safety by assuming liability if the vehicle were to be the cause of a highway crash, for example.
The carmaker's Level 3 headstart places it in a prime position to introduce Level 4. Its upcoming new Modular Architecture platform, due to launch in the middle of the decade, will come hardwired with Level 4 capability once the technology is ready and approved for use by government safety regulators. The race to Level 4 brings not only prestige and bragging rights but also significant revenue.
Automakers - especially luxury brands - know that consumers will be more than happy to pay more for the technology because it brings a lot of additional conveniences. But the most difficult task they will face - and Mercedes is no exception - is proving to the public that Level 4 is safe. The introduction of Level 3 Drive Pilot is a significant step in that direction.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Bravo

I'm sorry if this sounds a bit uncharitable, but if Elon can't even get Level 2 right, how is he going to come within cooee of Level 4. Time to pick up the phone Elon and dial 1800-BRAINCHIP or if that doesn't work you can dial +1 949 784 0040 (United States).

Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 4.24.3.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 4.21.0.png

p13837077_b_v8_aa.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Damo4

Regular
Crikey!

Mercedes Says Level 4 Self-Driving Will Happen By 2030​

MAR. 02, 2023 6:32 PM ETBY JAY TRAUGOTT TECHNOLOGY / 5 COMMENTS
The German automaker has already beaten rivals for Level 3 approval.
Mercedes-Benz has gone on record stating that Level 4 self-driving is "doable" by decade's end. Speaking to Automotive News, the German automaker's Chief Technology Officer, Markus Schafer, said, "private-owned Level 4 cars, absolutely. This is something that I see in the future."
Mercedes' Level 3 technology, called Drive Pilot, is the first of its kind in the US and has already been approved for use in Nevada, and other states such as California are expected to follow suit in the coming months. For now, only the 2024 S-Class and EQS Sedan offer Level 3, both of which will go on sale in the second half of this year. Unlike Level 2+ systems like GM's Super Cruise, Ford's Blue Cruise, and Tesla's Autopilot and Full Self-Driving, Drive Pilot can "hand over the dynamic driving task to the vehicle under certain conditions."
The system utilizes a combination of LiDAR, radar, and various sensors to allow for safe highway driving at speeds of up to 40 mph.
1113756.jpg
Mercedes-Benz
1113755.jpg
Mercedes-Benz

1113756.jpg

1113755.jpg

Yes, Level 3 makes it possible to text and drive (although we should point out that this is still illegal), but the driver must still be ready to assume control of the vehicle at a moment's notice if the system detects any sort of obstacle. Level 4 takes things up a notch. "Just imagine you are in a big city, and you come from work, and you are sitting for two hours in traffic, and you press the button and go to sleep," Schaefer added. "There will be a demand for that."
One key difference between Level 3 and Level 4 is that human drivers don't have to keep an eye on the road in most conditions. Level 4 is ideally suited for heavy traffic within cities, but things like extreme weather are a different matter.
Level 5, which requires absolutely no human involvement, is still years away from becoming possible. Companies like Waymo and Cruise are currently testing driverless taxis with that tech, but it's still far from perfect and remains expensive.

1113751.jpg

1113759.jpg

1113760.jpg

Mercedes is taking responsibility for Drive Pilot's accuracy and safety by assuming liability if the vehicle were to be the cause of a highway crash, for example.
The carmaker's Level 3 headstart places it in a prime position to introduce Level 4. Its upcoming new Modular Architecture platform, due to launch in the middle of the decade, will come hardwired with Level 4 capability once the technology is ready and approved for use by government safety regulators. The race to Level 4 brings not only prestige and bragging rights but also significant revenue.
Automakers - especially luxury brands - know that consumers will be more than happy to pay more for the technology because it brings a lot of additional conveniences. But the most difficult task they will face - and Mercedes is no exception - is proving to the public that Level 4 is safe. The introduction of Level 3 Drive Pilot is a significant step in that direction.

Isn't it interesting that Mercedes claim level 4 by 2030 and Brainchip claim AGI by 2030?

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
Having a surf for a few mins.

Found an interesting patent site but limited access & functions unless want to do a free trial and then sub so I just took a couple snips for the hell of it :)

Top keywords pulled out of their patents.

1677821651742.png

Visualizing technology portfolio of hot application areas and blank areas for MegaChips Corp.

1677821706003.png

Subsidiaries with patent applications for MegaChips Corp.

1677821834162.png

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
I’m going with yes too.

@TechGirl posted an article last year which states Luminar are using Valeo’s Lidar sensors that will be included in some future Mercedes models.

Although it doesn’t guarantee they are using AKIDA we know that AKIDA is trusted by VALEO and that AKIDA can make Valeo’s senses smart.

"Just recently, Mercedes-Benz became the first automotive manufacturer in the world to receive an internationally valid system approval for highly automated driving (SAE Level 3) – a milestone in automotive development. The “Drive Pilot” highly automated driving system is to go into series production this year in the S-Class and the EQS. However, the lidar sensors for these models do not come from Luminar. Instead, Valeo supplies these components. Luminar, on the other hand, supplies its technology not only to Mercedes Benz, but also to Daimler Truck AG and Volvo. In addition, Luminar cooperates with Nvidia and Mobileye – so one can assume that their platforms for autonomous driving are equipped with Luminar lidars."

I'll go with popular opinion, so
Season 16 Sofia GIF by America's Got Talent

• Haha

ndefries

Regular
So Teksun is a good example

"With BrainChip’s Akida processor, we will be able to deliver next-generation AIoT devices that are faster, more efficient, and more intelligent than ever before and not just meet, but exceed the expectations of our customers"

I have no doubt that they will have customers that will have Akida solving their predictive maintenance in the next year.

As a customer progresses to add Akida they are not each going to take out a licencing agreement are they? That can get quite involving legally with individual agreements and Teksun having to contact us each time. Will Teksun take one out on behalf of all their clients. Or the fact we are in partnership with them do we have a partnership agreement for royalty share in the future??

If it is Teksun that takes it out. Why not take it out now and write contract that payment isn't due till first products produced etc.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

Isn't it interesting that Mercedes claim level 4 by 2030 and Brainchip claim AGI by 2030?
One word @Damo4 and it starts with a "Y" and ends with an "S".

200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Bravo

Well friends, it's been a hell of a week and I gotta say I feel exactly like this guy does.

giphy (1).gif

• Haha
Reactions: 26 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
1677823698905.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

Foxdog

Regular
Ok, so status quo then and the instos will continue to lend their shares to shorters...... excellent 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom