BRN Discussion Ongoing

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Another couple of smart aussie companies that may just benefit from that unicorn ASX listed company, that some in the know have described as science fiction and the AI experts.:cool:

BAE systems Aust and Innovaero, vertical takeoff drone.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Steve10

Regular
Prophesee & Qualcomm announcement is the worst kept secret after Qualcomm announced the partnership last month.

Prophesee didn't answer my email a few weeks ago when I asked about the Qualcomm relationship. Images in today's announcement are from Qualcomm presentation.

Qualcomm have never mentioned they have partnered with SynSense & will be using Speck. They mentioned Prophesee will be in smartphones in 2023. Brainchip tape out at Global Foundries whose biggest customer is Qualcomm. I think Akida IP is going into Qualcomm chips H2 CY2023 for Prophesee's metavision sensor.

I emailed BRN asking about average chip cost as $20 previously mentioned by LDN & percentage royalty as ARM is about 2-3% but Tony didn't want to provide me with any numbers. I also mentioned the smartphone market so may have touched on something sensitive.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 57 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20230228_152833_LinkedIn.jpg
Screenshot_20230228_152800_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 50 users
Just keep talking about AI Mercedes - Adds popping up everywhere - I like it!

1677562679804.png

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Rangersman

25:40 - " ... the excitement on Christoph's face ..." on seeing a demonstration of Akida with Prophesee DVS at Laguna Hills - Christoph being the inventor of Prophesee DVS.
This is great. Thank you. I didn’t think at the time there was much to get excited about in this podcast. It’s clear now that this is actually very exciting.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Just in from work & had the pleasure of reading todays research & opinions.

Brainchip the company & its share holders share a common trait, best in class !

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

Steve10

Regular
WBT now 39% higher MC than BRN.

BRN now $954.2M MC = USD $641.7M.

Semiconductors sector has golden crossed & anything AI related is flying.

Noticed BRN shorts backed off yesterday with only 254,176 short sold.

129.4M shorted on 15/2/2023 down to 105.6M on 22/2/2023 according to shortman = down 18.4% in a week.

So SP got crunched down to 51c most likely by LDA on 15/2/2023 & shorts have covered 24.2M shares or nearly 20% in a week. Looks like shorters were waiting for the dump from LDA to cover.

We'll wait & see if the trend continues.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 33 users

Dhm

Regular
Prophesee & Qualcomm announcement is the worst kept secret after Qualcomm announced the partnership last month.

Prophesee didn't answer my email a few weeks ago when I asked about the Qualcomm relationship. Images in today's announcement are from Qualcomm presentation.

Qualcomm have never mentioned they have partnered with SynSense & will be using Speck. They mentioned Prophesee will be in smartphones in 2023. Brainchip tape out at Global Foundries whose biggest customer is Qualcomm. I think Akida IP is going into Qualcomm chips H2 CY2023 for Prophesee's metavision sensor.

I emailed BRN asking about average chip cost as $20 previously mentioned by LDN & percentage royalty as ARM is about 2-3% but Tony didn't want to provide me with any numbers. I also mentioned the smartphone market so may have touched on something sensitive.
If we are within the Prophesee/Qualcomm partnership, which some here say is certainty feasible, any payment should be revealed in the Jan 2023 first quarter 4C?

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

ndefries

Regular
And why would they want to do that

Don't forget how close prophesee is to Sony. They have staff working everyday together onsite. Apple made the unusual announcement recently to say how Sony has been supplying camera sensors into the iPhone for over ten years and how happy they are with them.

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
If we are within the Prophesee/Qualcomm partnership, which some here say is certainty feasible, any payment should be revealed in the Jan 2023 first quarter 4C?
Partnerships aren't material contracts.
Unless they go via Renesas or Megachips, they cannot use our IP in their products without a contract.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Steve10

Regular

There will have to be a licence agreement first with either Prophesee, Qualcomm or Global Foundries.

Most likely Qualcomm as Akida IP will be embedded into their SoC.

Then when the SoC's go into production possibly in Q3 CY2023 there will be royalty revenue for BRN in Q3 CY2023.

Nothing expected for royalties Q1 & Q2 CY2023 but could possibly get a licence agreement with Qualcomm in Q2 within 3-4 months once the chip is manufactured at Global Foundries & tested.

Qualcomm should be multi million dollar licence agreement.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
1677567458872.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Dhm

Regular
Partnerships aren't material contracts.
Unless they go via Renesas or Megachips, they cannot use our IP in their products without a contract.
There will have to be a licence agreement first with either Prophesee, Qualcomm or Global Foundries.

Most likely Qualcomm as Akida IP will be embedded into their SoC.

Then when the SoC's go into production possibly in Q3 CY2023 there will be royalty revenue for BRN in Q3 CY2023.

Nothing expected for royalties Q1 & Q2 CY2023 but could possibly get a licence agreement with Qualcomm in Q2 within 3-4 months once the chip is manufactured at Global Foundries & tested.

Qualcomm should be multi million dollar licence agreement.
Can we explore this a bit further? If we are already in a position that we ARE dealing via Prophesee offering our tech, surely some public announcement should have ALREADY been made?

Reactions: 4 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Can we explore this a bit further? If we are already in a position that we ARE dealing via Prophesee offering our tech, surely some public announcement should have ALREADY been made?
Apparently ASX doesn't want BRN to make any announcements unless it involves a $$$ figure.
So partnerships, while it is great, unless there is a $ figure changed hands or involved, no announcements required.
I know. It is all a bit boarder line, but it is what it is.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Steve10

Regular
Have been looking at numerous charts of past high flying ASX listed small cap stocks.

The majority tend to top out at x30-60 the low on the chart.

BRN was similar with 3.5c low in March 2020 x 60 = $2.10 target vs $2.13 actual peak close in January 2022.

There are the rare ones that run hard for many years like PLS from 1c in 2013 to $1.16 peak in 2018. Then down to 15c in 2020 & up to $5.66 in 2023 = x37.7. Whoever bought PLS for 1c in 2013 & held through ups/downs for 10 years had a x566 return. BRN equivalent would be 3.5c in 2020 & it rises to $19.81 SP by 2030.

Many that have a big run then retrace to 20-25% of the peak. PLS was hammered down to 12.9% of prior peak aided by the Covid crash.

$2.13 BRN peak close x 20-25% = 42.6c to 53.25c. BRN recently bottomed at 51c.

If BRN SP can do x30 next run x 51c SP low = $15.30 SP target. Will be $27.5B MC with 1.8B SOI so at PE60 will require $458M NPAT & using 60% revenue to NPAT conversion similar to ARM will require $763M revenue. Possibly by 2030 but no earlier I don't think.

Will require 7.63B chips per year x 10c royalty/licencing revenue. ARM currently ships 8B in a quarter.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 46 users

Steve10

Regular
There was an announcement last year.

Laguna Hills, Calif. – June 14, 2022 – BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of neuromorphic AI IP, and Prophesee, the inventor of the world’s most advanced neuromorphic vision systems, today announced a technology partnership that delivers next-generation platforms for OEMs looking to integrate event-based vision systems with high levels of AI performance coupled with ultra-low power technologies.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Foxdog

Regular
Have been looking at numerous charts of past high flying ASX listed small cap stocks.

The majority tend to top out at x30-60 the low on the chart.

BRN was similar with 3.5c low in March 2020 x 60 = $2.10 target vs $2.13 actual peak close in January 2022.

There are the rare ones that run hard for many years like PLS from 1c in 2013 to $1.16 peak in 2018. Then down to 15c in 2020 & up to $5.66 in 2023 = x37.7. Whoever bought PLS for 1c in 2013 & held through ups/downs for 10 years had a x566 return. BRN equivalent would be 3.5c in 2020 & it rises to $19.81 SP by 2030.

Many that have a big run then retrace to 20-25% of the peak. PLS was hammered down to 12.9% of prior peak aided by the Covid crash.

$2.13 BRN peak close x 20-25% = 42.6c to 53.25c. BRN recently bottomed at 51c.

If BRN SP can do x30 next run x 51c SP low = $15.30 SP target. Will be $27.5B MC with 1.8B SOI so at PE60 will require $458M NPAT & using 60% revenue to NPAT conversion similar to ARM will require $763M revenue. Possibly by 2030 but no earlier I don't think.

Will require 7.63B chips per year x 10c royalty/licencing revenue. ARM currently ships 8B in a quarter.
Depends on how many of our partnerships (including ARM) turn into commercial agreements. If they all do then BRN might set some new records. I'd still be pretty happy with $15.30 but by end 2025 please 🤔

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

White Horse

Regular
  • Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
Hello one and all I don’t know about you folks out there but it’s starting to get harder to follow just how many seeds have been sowen, and to work out if we have hybrids or direct family species.
Hopefully no imbreaded seeds germinate.

just the tip of the iceburg
now thats no joke
brainchip is starting to spread like covid lol

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

MrNick

Regular
Hi all,
Does anyone know why the job vacancies, which presently number five, are being advertised for the "El Toro Marine Air Station,
California, United States (Hybrid)" ?

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/search/?currentJobId=3498562374&f_C=7792006&geoId=92000000&originToLandingJobPostings=3498558849,3498075394,3498564188,3488208553,3498562374,3480642044

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom