BRN Discussion Ongoing

Interesting where some of their research is taking them in the automotive space:

Smart-RCS​

Worldwide, over 1.4 million people die each year in road accidents (WHO) and millions more suffer from injuries.Mandatory passive safety systems trigger airbags and tense seat belts in event of a crash to reduce the number of fatalities and heavy injuries.However, these systems follow a ”few-sizes-fit-all” development approach and thus perform best for a small number of specified body physiques – the most common one is the “average male”: 175cm, 78kg. This is suboptimal for everybody who deviates from these averages – children, elderly people and even woman.
Studies have shown: Any seatbelt-wearing female occupant is at 73% more risk to suffer from serious injuries than seatbelt-wearing male occupants (Univ. Virginia). Also, female occupants are at up to 17% higher risk to be killed in an accident than male occupants (NHSTA).
As long as passive safety systems cannot distinguish between the occupant’s individual characteristics, it is impossible to achieve optimal protection for everybody.
For the first time, touchless 3D imaging sensors are used to derive precise real-time information about each occupant, such as body position and pose, body physique, age, gender, etc. Based on this information, the Smart-RCS computes the optimal deployment strategy tailored to each individual occupant.
By taking those relevant factors into account, Smart-RCS optimizes the protective function while simultaneously mitigating the risks of doing unnecessary harm.
Smart-RCS aims to disrupt the passive safety systems market by introducing personalized and situation-aware protection.
Learn more on our project website: www.smart-rcs.eu

Funding agency: This project is funded by the European Commission within the Horizon 2020 FTI program

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users
Interesting where some of their research is taking them in the automotive space:

Smart-RCS​

Worldwide, over 1.4 million people die each year in road accidents (WHO) and millions more suffer from injuries.Mandatory passive safety systems trigger airbags and tense seat belts in event of a crash to reduce the number of fatalities and heavy injuries.However, these systems follow a ”few-sizes-fit-all” development approach and thus perform best for a small number of specified body physiques – the most common one is the “average male”: 175cm, 78kg. This is suboptimal for everybody who deviates from these averages – children, elderly people and even woman.
Studies have shown: Any seatbelt-wearing female occupant is at 73% more risk to suffer from serious injuries than seatbelt-wearing male occupants (Univ. Virginia). Also, female occupants are at up to 17% higher risk to be killed in an accident than male occupants (NHSTA).
As long as passive safety systems cannot distinguish between the occupant’s individual characteristics, it is impossible to achieve optimal protection for everybody.
For the first time, touchless 3D imaging sensors are used to derive precise real-time information about each occupant, such as body position and pose, body physique, age, gender, etc. Based on this information, the Smart-RCS computes the optimal deployment strategy tailored to each individual occupant.
By taking those relevant factors into account, Smart-RCS optimizes the protective function while simultaneously mitigating the risks of doing unnecessary harm.
Smart-RCS aims to disrupt the passive safety systems market by introducing personalized and situation-aware protection.
Learn more on our project website: www.smart-rcs.eu

Funding agency: This project is funded by the European Commission within the Horizon 2020 FTI program

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
And this:

“INTERIOR/EXTERIOR SENSOR FUSION

In-cabin analysis and exterior analysis are a powerful combination for providing innovative safety and driving experience features. In the future it will be important for ADAS like automatic emergency breaking systems to know the status of the driver and the passengers.
Within this field, we are working with large Tier-1 partners on innovative approaches to provide occupant-aware advanced driver assistance systems.”

If the way your vehicle brakes is to involve knowledge of vehicle occupants sending data to the cloud & connectivity needs to be eliminated. In vehicle at sensor compute is not just necessary but ESSENTIAL. ESSENTIAL Ai is something Brainchip provides.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 47 users

Damo4

Regular
Fantastic new partnership.

It's great that they occupy a similar space to NVISO, which further strengthens the idea that cabin monitoring/personalisation is becoming very popular.
It makes sense, our PC's, Phones, Website experiences, feeds etc are all personalised.
Cars are the next logical jump and manufacturers have already implemented basics such as seat position, infotainment settings, etc

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

wilzy123

Founding Member

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users
The possibilities arising from being partnered are extensive:

SmartProtect​

The safe detection of vulnerable road users (pedestrians, cyclists) is an important social goal as well as a demanding technical challenge, which is currently insufficiently solved, especially in poor visibility conditions (night, fog), at long distances (>100m) and when approaching from the side (crossing situations). The SmartProtect project addresses this problem by means of a holistic, integrative approach that includes software, a combination of imaging and distance-detecting sensor technology and component design with interactive modular architecture. The main characteristics of the novel automotive perception system are fused sensor data with prediction function and automated, problem-specific control of headlights and infrared lighting, supported by reactive camera and LIDAR systems, which are installed in the same component housing and cover different detection angles. The envisaged multimodal systems will be evaluated in real driving conditions and in representative, reproducible test scenarios.
Partners: ZKW | TU Vienna | emotion3D
Funding agency: This project is funded by the FFG within the MdZ-2019 program

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

FlipDollar

Never dog the boys
emotion3D also have a partnership with Melexis, too.

Nice.

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users
emotion3D also have a partnership with Melexis, too.

Nice.
Since 2011, emotion3D has been developing Computer Vision & Machine Learning solutions. Starting around 2015, more and more companies from the automotive field approached us. That is when we started focusing on the development of in-cabin monitoring software.

Since then, we have gone through rapid growth phases, lots of valuable learnings and encouraging successes, each one bringing us one step closer to our big vision: Vision Zero – no fatalities and heavy injuries in road accidents.

emotion3D was named one of the top startups disrupting the mobility industry in 2020.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Bring it on with motion (forward please….)

E72C92F2-2791-473F-BD33-1F8117BDB60A.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
Can someone please help me understand the importance of all these partnerships? We have so many partnerships under our belt, what is the likelihood of sales eventually spring out from them?

I love all the action, but the market seems to think nothing of them which is so frustrating. You would think when someone forms a partnership it would be for the benefit of both parties in one shape or form. It is not research collaborations to play around like school kids in a science fair.

So in my opinion. Without fully understanding it would have to lean towards all these partnership to be of future significance and future revenue as the partnerships mature. But then I have this nagging voice in my head that I’m trying to quite down as we are in a very different place the. The brainchip studio days.

We saw many partnerships from back then that we have never seen any fruit from. And we shave never heard anything more from these partnerships that were formed. I just hope and pray that this time it is different as we have a completely different product, with world class board of directors and advisors.

I am willing to admit that my expectations has been set too high and have over committed to Brainchip more then I probably can afford, but I have to remind myself of where Brainchip is in its journey, and where on the hockey stick curve AI as an industry is and all the problems we have with AI to fully move forward with it and how Brainchip literally have the answer to all of them like latency, power consumption, privacy and cost.

It is time to take some time to stand back and look at the greater picture, trust in my own research and conviction and let it all get played out. In my opinion it’s not a matter of if it’s successful but rather when and how much success they will have.

My now challenge is to appease my wife that has Intrusted most of our money to my research and conviction and help her understand to give her peace of mind. Wish me good luck, because she is not happy at the present.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 52 users
Today Emotion 3D said:

"We are committed to setting the standard in driving safety and user experience through the development of camera-based, in-cabin understanding," says Florian Seitner, CEO at emotion3D. "In combining our in-cabin analysis software with BrainChip's on-chip compute, we are able to elevate that standard in a faster, safer and smarter way. This partnership will provide a cascading number of benefits that will continue to disrupt the mobility industry."

Among some of the situations covered by this optimized driver monitoring functionality are warnings for driver distractions and drowsiness, device personalization, gesture recognition, passenger detection, and more”

In December, 2020 Emotion 3D said this when partnering with Ambarella:

“Ambarella and emotion3D are targeting Tier-1 suppliers and OEMs to integrate the system in new generations of vehicles in order to provide enhanced safety and a next level user experience. “Customers appreciate that the system is optimized for efficiency while allowing for flexible adaptations according to the customer's wishes,” says Florian Seitner, CEO of emotion3D.

Florian adds: “We are committed to providing high-performing in-cabin analysis solutions to our customers. We are happy to have partnered with Ambarella whose extremely low-power processing solutions perfectly match with our efficient algorithms, creating an optimal system for our customers.”

Clearly the advantages of low power were not sufficient when considering what AKIDA technology can offer.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users

Tezza

Regular
Good morning! We have a media release:

BrainChip Partners with emotion3D to Improve Driver Safety and User Experience​

2/26/2023
LAGUNA HILLS, CA / ACCESSWIRE / February 26, 2023 /BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX:BRN)(OTCQX:BRCHF)(ADR:BCHPY), the world's first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, today announced that it has entered into a partnership with emotion3D to demonstrate in-cabin analysis that makes driving safer and enables next level user experience.

emotion3D offers state-of-the-art computer vision and machine learning software for image-based analysis of in-cabin environments. This analysis enables a comprehensive understanding of humans and objects inside a vehicle. The partnership will allow emotion3D to leverage BrainChip's technology to achieve an ultra-low-power working environment with on-chip learning while processing everything locally on device within the vehicle to ensure data privacy.

"We are committed to setting the standard in driving safety and user experience through the development of camera-based, in-cabin understanding," says Florian Seitner, CEO at emotion3D. "In combining our in-cabin analysis software with BrainChip's on-chip compute, we are able to elevate that standard in a faster, safer and smarter way. This partnership will provide a cascading number of benefits that will continue to disrupt the mobility industry."

Among some of the situations covered by this optimized driver monitoring functionality are warnings for driver distractions and drowsiness, device personalization, gesture recognition, passenger detection, and more.

"Processing in-cabin data requires significant compute and associated power," said Sean Hehir, BrainChip CEO. "By leveraging BrainChip's Akida processor IP, emotion3D is able to improve intelligent safety and user experience functions by analyzing the data in real time and forward inference data to the automobile's central processor. Together, we improve the next generation of intelligent vehicles and give drivers a safer, enhanced user experience."
No ASX announcement for us, yet WBT have announced a us roadshow presentation on the asx. Brn dropping today Wbt sp rising today. Hmmmmm

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 19 users

ndefries

Regular
It is pretty clear BRN management are doing their jobs but it is clear they have no care about the share price on a day to day basis. Almost zero care. Why would management that are loaded up with share options that dont vest for several years care about today's price. They will care in the future when those shares become sellable. They also secure more shares during the waiting time if the price is lower. So as an owner it is somewhat misalignment in that perpective.

Of course PVDM cares but if he can see ( i have no doubt he does) the future pipeline of future revenues he is less interested now knowing what will come as he also is working to a more long range success measure.

Reactions: 21 users

Damo4

Regular
It is pretty clear BRN management are doing their jobs but it is clear they have no care about the share price on a day to day basis. Almost zero care. Why would management that are loaded up with share options that dont vest for several years care about today's price. They will care in the future when those shares become sellable. They also secure more shares during the waiting time if the price is lower. So as an owner it is somewhat misalignment in that perpective.

Of course PVDM cares but if he can see ( i have no doubt he does) the future pipeline of future revenues he is less interested now knowing what will come as he also is working to a more long range success measure.

Come on mate: https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/company-frustration-venting.148043/
Why are we getting complaints every time there's positive news?
I'd love to know what people get out complaining constantly here?. Do you feel better now?

I'm not looking for beef, Zee's work is already cut out for him, but it's exhausting having to see all the complaints, likely as exhausting as it is for those who have the bones to pick with the company.
Again it's not a dig, you all have a right to not be happy, I just don't get the ad nauseam approach.
Tony won't read these posts and tell the board to change anything.
I have tried hard not to ignore anyone on here but it's so demoralizing.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Can someone please help me understand the importance of all these partnerships? We have so many partnerships under our belt, what is the likelihood of sales eventually spring out from them?

I love all the action, but the market seems to think nothing of them which is so frustrating. You would think when someone forms a partnership it would be for the benefit of both parties in one shape or form. It is not research collaborations to play around like school kids in a science fair.

So in my opinion. Without fully understanding it would have to lean towards all these partnership to be of future significance and future revenue as the partnerships mature. But then I have this nagging voice in my head that I’m trying to quite down as we are in a very different place the. The brainchip studio days.

We saw many partnerships from back then that we have never seen any fruit from. And we shave never heard anything more from these partnerships that were formed. I just hope and pray that this time it is different as we have a completely different product, with world class board of directors and advisors.

I am willing to admit that my expectations has been set too high and have over committed to Brainchip more then I probably can afford, but I have to remind myself of where Brainchip is in its journey, and where on the hockey stick curve AI as an industry is and all the problems we have with AI to fully move forward with it and how Brainchip literally have the answer to all of them like latency, power consumption, privacy and cost.

It is time to take some time to stand back and look at the greater picture, trust in my own research and conviction and let it all get played out. In my opinion it’s not a matter of if it’s successful but rather when and how much success they will have.

My now challenge is to appease my wife that has Intrusted most of our money to my research and conviction and help her understand to give her peace of mind. Wish me good luck, because she is not happy at the present.
We would all, just like your wife, like to see our progress reflected in our share price.
But at this point in our development it is lagging and, in my opinion also being manipulated for the benefit of larger players who have many advantages over the retail holder.
Our share price should respond positively upon the known receipt of increasing revenue.
Increasing revenue will, over time, be the result of commercial deals done with clients.
Clients will initiate contracts with us and incorporate our product as a part of their offerings, when the timing is right for them.
In the meantime Brainchip is, by expanding and growing our ecosystem, developing partnerships and targeting our presence at appropriate trade shows, spreading the word of our existence amongst those who are likely to benefit immediately and in the foreseeable future from our various iterations of AKIDA.
Not only do we have to differentiate what we can provide from existing solutions, but also convince potential customers that we are the right product for them to invest in going forward.
We have to convince them that we are not just an idea, but that we are a proper company with the longevity and resources to provide any technical backup they may require along with appropriate corporate support.
All of that takes an internal infrastructure and a presence in the outside world, which is what Sean and the Company are building.
And, like building any structure from scratch, it always seems to take forever before you actually see anything coming out of the ground.
We are still building our foundations, which have to be strong, if we are to meet the purpose and promise of PVDM's inspiration.
Wishing we were there already is a waste of energy.
It's actually an expensive long hard slog with missteps and setbacks along the way for everybody on the road to overnight success.
We have made a good start but it's gonna take as long as it takes.
This is the reality with which we must all reconcile our individual agenda's.
I am in for the long haul as I still consider our prospects amazing and believe the Company is progressing its strategy appropriately.
AKIDA BALLISTA
AKIDA EVERYWHERE
GLTAH.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 49 users

Quiltman

Regular
Great news on partnership with emotion3D.

Why risk releasing " partnership " news on the ASX, albeit the partnerships are sensational building blocks for the company, when there is no revenue attached. All that is achieved is a short term SP trading opportunity, possible raising the ire of the ASX for ramping , and risking compliance for future US based listings.

This makes no sense to me.

Those who are close to the company and believe in it's future are at a huge advantage ... provided your investing horizon is a least 12 months out.
We get to continue accumulation of our holding in this transformational business at low prices, with the knowledge of the huge ecosystem being built around the companies IP, all the while the pressure builds behind the "commercial" dam wall.

Personally, couldn't be happier. I reckon the "commercial " dam wall will burst 1H 2024.
In the meantime, accumulate if you are fortunate enough to have the means to do so, and have the conviction of having done your own research.

GLTAH

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

Realinfo

Regular
When Hey hey took over in late 2021, no doubt he would have got the brains trust together and discussed his strategy…we can now see that it’s all about building an ecosystem with strategic partnerships.

This is all very good, but if I’d had any input, I would have said…this is an excellent strategy Hey hey, as it will eventually bring us enormous long term success. But we must also consider a mix of simpler short term projects, to ensure we start generating sales and revenue far earlier than is possible with these large, more complex and sexier projects. This will help fund the bigger projects, show the markets we have a product that works, has practical demanded applications, that it will generate important revenue, and it’ll just provide us all with a level of confidence, that right now is being tested.

Peter’s oft’ mentioned doorbell application is simply one of scores of these simpler short term projects, that could have been implemented and generating important sales and revenue by now.

This is why I mentioned it on Saturday, not because I disagree with Hey hey’s strategy, but because a balance of simpler, short term projects should have also been part of the strategy.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Newk R

Regular
Check the 4DS announcement and SP reaction. No revenue, just a technical update.
I know it's been done to death here, however, it doesn't hurt to have a warm fuzzy feeling from time to time. It at least keeps the doubting wife off my back!!!😂

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

ndefries

Regular
Come on mate: https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/company-frustration-venting.148043/
Why are we getting complaints every time there's positive news?
I'd love to know what people get out complaining constantly here?. Do you feel better now?

I'm not looking for beef, Zee's work is already cut out for him, but it's exhausting having to see all the complaints, likely as exhausting as it is for those who have the bones to pick with the company.
Again it's not a dig, you all have a right to not be happy, I just don't get the ad nauseam approach.
Tony won't read these posts and tell the board to change anything.
I have tried hard not to ignore anyone on here but it's so demoralizing.
Fair point. I'm one of the more positive on our future. But I call a spade a spade

Reactions: 7 users

Rskiff

Regular
When Hey hey took over in late 2021, no doubt he would have got the brains trust together and discussed his strategy…we can now see that it’s all about building an ecosystem with strategic partnerships.

This is all very good, but if I’d had any input, I would have said…this is an excellent strategy Hey hey, as it will eventually bring us enormous long term success. But we must also consider a mix of simpler short term projects, to ensure we start generating sales and revenue far earlier than is possible with these large, more complex and sexier projects. This will help fund the bigger projects, show the markets we have a product that works, has practical demanded applications, that it will generate important revenue, and it’ll just provide us all with a level of confidence, that right now is being tested.

Peter’s oft’ mentioned doorbell application is simply one of scores of these simpler short term projects, that could have been implemented and generating important sales and revenue by now.

This is why I mentioned it on Saturday, not because I disagree with Hey hey’s strategy, but because a balance of simpler, short term projects should have also been part of the strategy.
A question @Realinfo , why be so childish by mocking the CEO's name? Very disrespectful I feel. Sorry had to post this but I found it offensive and childish. We all can do better.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
So LG Electronic's were behind the in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) system & Hyperscreen in the Mercedes Vision EQXX. And, correct me if I'm wrong, I believe that it's the on-board infotainment system that handles all the speech processing itself. So, if this is correct then LG had to have worked with us on the voice control system which is 5 to 10 times more efficient than convention voice control systems thanks to AKIDA.

Anyway, I think it's very interesting that two weeks ago, the head of LG Electronics’ Vehicle Component Solutions Eun Seok-hyun was reported to have met with Jim Cathey, Qualcomm’s chief commercial officer, to discuss ways of expanding collaboration into autonomous driving and ADAS.

Extract Only
Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 12.15.48 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 11.45.4.png

HMI.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 11.56.40 am.png

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 51 users
Top Bottom