Tothemoon24

Top 20
Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Slade

Top 20
Is Tesla finally getting the idea 💡

They know that they have to do something quickly to prevent more deaths. But no sign of them using LiDAR, and without Valeo and Akida I think they are going to quickly fall behind in the years to come. I recently took a ride in a Tesla, I loved the car until the driver switched to autonomous driving. Try telling a young person that their Tesla is not ready for level 3 autonomous driving little own level 5, which they seem to believe it is. Scary stuff. On one of the roads that we drove there were many lines and the Tesla could not make up its mind which line to be guided by. It was hilarious and nerve racking. I also experienced the zero to 100 in around 2 seconds and this is just madness. $$ before ethics, business before lives in my opinion. Bring on Mercedes and the very clever Akida.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 56 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
They know that they have to do something quickly to prevent more deaths. But no sign of them using LiDAR, and without Valeo and Akida I think they are going to quickly fall behind in the years to come. I recently took a ride in a Tesla, I loved the car until the driver switched to autonomous driving. Try telling a young person that their Tesla is not ready for level 3 autonomous driving little own level 5, which they seem to believe it is. Scary stuff. On one of the roads that we drove there were many lines and the Tesla could not make up its mind which line to be guided by. It was hilarious and nerve racking. I also experienced the zero to 100 in around 2 seconds and this is just madness. $$ before ethics, business before lives in my opinion. Bring on Mercedes and the very clever Akida.
I have a feeling that Mercedes will be making a very big deal about Brainchip when thier ready to do so , the fact that Tesla are getting such bad press is playing right into the hands of Mercedes.

Can’t say I’m keen to place my arse in a Tesla after reading that , unless they come with complimentary toilet roll

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
I too don't like Tesla, but if they take up Akida, then I it's okay, I can like Tesla.

Elon is a big fan of vision, could Prophesee be the answer they're looking for? 🤔

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 23 users

MrNick

Regular
The IP VIP and MVP in one.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

MrNick

Regular

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Howdy gang!

I'm back from Hoarders Paradise and I estimate I have approximately half of my sanity still in tact, which is a notable achievement given the circumstances.

I was just reading through this article from 3 weeks ago which I don't think has been posted previously. It's about a collaboration between Samsung, Google and Qualcomm on a future mixed reality platform and augmented reality products and services. Sounds exciting and I hope we get a "look in" with this collaborative venture because that would more than make up for the various torments I suffered over the last week and a half.

💋

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

BigDonger101

Founding Member
Hi guys, just some random comments from me. Just some dot connecting on SP and all.

So just linking the LDA capital call notice. Share price 50 cents & we still have another month or so till the 'pricing'' is solidified. At least, this is how I read the announcement.

''The Capital Call Notice pricing period will begin upon exercise of the put option on or around 11 January, with an anticipated ending date in late March or early April, subject to adjustments based on the share price performance throughout the pricing period.

The issue price for the capital call shares will be 91.5% of the higher of the average daily VWAP of shares over the pricing period (subject to any applicable adjustments) and the minimum price notified to LDA Capital by the Company.''

I have no clue but we will probably see a different trend come early April.

LDA need to make money too, saves BRN raising from the public. LDA always make some nice cash off these deals. Maybe you should learn to follow the money.

Cheers all. Only time will tell if I'm correct or not.

Reactions: 13 users

manny100

Regular
For long termers there is still a gap to fill above at $1.925.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
For long termers there is still a gap to fill above at $1.925.
Bring it Brainchip. 🤣

• Haha
  • Fire

Dang Son

Regular
Suspects and prospects and the art of systems selling.

At different times, I’ve had the good fortune of creating and developing two businesses from nothing more than a good idea.

In 1974, after almost eight years in journalism, an opportunity presented that sent me on a wild ‘n wonderful journey. The MD of a supermarket chain was guest speaker at a lunch I was attending, and the first words he uttered upon his late arrival were… ’somebody’s got to help me with an industry wide problem’. A couple of days later I sought him out and asked him what he was talking about. A few days later we met again, where I outlined how I thought the issue could be solved. It meant changing the way the whole distribution system had worked for decades. It naturally encountered significant resistance along the way, but we persisted, worked hard, and developed the all important toehold. This gave us a reference point, from which success followed. Today this way of distribution is best demonstrated by the likes of Linfox and Toll.

In 1984 I sold my business to a division of Mayne Nickless, because I wanted to get into the new world of computers. In the same year, I attended what is known as The Hannover Messe, to see if another opportunity presented. I saw it in the form of a clever bit of materials handling kit…part of an emerging range of automated storage and retrieval systems (AS&RS). It was a new technology, but in my opinion quite ragged, and clearly still in its infancy stage of development. After the show, I was able to purchase the demo unit and ship it back to Oz. The technology had no patents because it was based on the age old paternoster principle, so I guess it’ll come as no surprise that we took a look at how it worked. It was essentially an electromechanical device controlled by a rather simple in-house developed microcontroller. Remember this was 1984…microcontrollers were pretty basic, inflexible and difficult to interface with a larger system. We could immediately see that it wasn’t the physical device that had to be improved, but rather what it could do. When our system hit the market, it was controlled by (wait for it) a 386 PC with MS-DOS, and using software we had developed. However, around 1988 we introduced software running on Windows. Our control system made our AS&RS very flexible and able to do what people wanted. But It did not have to operate in isolation, it could also interface quite easily with larger manufacturing and distribution systems.

What’s all this about I hear you say?

In 1974 and in 1984…the time when we began introducing the above ideas, we were exhorting business to change quite profoundly the way things had been done for decades. C’mon I hear you say, this is nothing like the challenges our battler has introducing its new way of doing things to business...and in addition, it has all these headwinds facing it. We’ll try the stagflation we suffered in the early 70’s causing profits to collapse, an escalation in industrial disputes, and housing to suffer its biggest bust on record...or how about the ‘recession we had to have‘ in the early 90’s.

In the face of these sort of headwinds, we would say ‘in these times, it‘s more important than ever that your business invests the funds to ensure you are doing things in the most efficient way, and making the best products possible for your customers’

You can say I’m only pumping up my tyres, but the point I’m trying to make is that selling a new way of doing things does not necessarily have to take years and years. I call it ‘systems selling’ and it requires bringing on board everyone…starting with the department head, and progressing all the way up through the managerial layers to GM’s, MD’s and often Directors. They all had to understand what it was, how it worked, and more importantly, what benefits would it bring their business.

As I’m sure most of you know, selling is a numbers game...you‘ve got to keep creating more and more people who are interested (suspects)…convert as many suspects as you can into believers (prospects)…keep qualifying them each step of the way…and when the moment arrives, ask for the order (close the sale). You’d be surprised how many sales people find this last step difficult, or don’t ask for the order at all. We started with the most obvious applications for our technology and worked out from there.

We hear about the doorbell application, for mine a perfectly simple and beneficial product to bring to market...just get the thing done people. After all this time talking about it, I’m dismayed that we still haven’t got a doorbell on the market.

I accept the importance of ‘ecosystems’ and partnerships et al…to expand one’s reach, diversify what can be offered, and make it easier to bring packaged systems and products to market. I understand working together to build systems and products. But like the doorbell, there are scores of products that could have been produced and on the market by now. Perhaps more complicated sexy stuff like AV’s do have to take years and involve numerous partners, but simple things like doorbells could out there earning us good money by now.

Since the AGM in 2018, I have been rabbiting on about premature and excessive remuneration. Me, myself personally believes we provide senior executives and directors with incentives and rewards that are far too excessive, and we pay them way before they actually achieve things that are above and beyond what they should be expected to achieve as part of their everyday job. To date Hey hey is just doing his job people, nothing more, nothing less…but have a look at how much he’s received in his first year in the latest financial report. As he said…’watch the financials’.
Hey Realinfo,
You make some good points.
I think Incentive bonuses should only be considered based on our company's improved financial position by sales revenue targets being met but as with the terms of Seans employment agreement extract below , 4 makes reference to incentive bonuses at the absolute discretion of the Board.
My take is that despite no explosive sales revenue as promised, the board must be delighted with Seans contributions to progress.

Sydney – 15 November, 2021
BrainChip appoints Sean Hehir as new CEO
In accordance with ASX Listing Rule 3.16.4 the key terms of Mr Hehir’s employment agreement are as outlined in the appendix to this announcement.

• Sean Hehir is a proven technology executive with strong commercial skills and significant experience in driving explosive growth and strategic alliances.

SUMMARY OF KEY TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
1. Commencement Date 29 November 2021
2. Term No fixed term is specified, and termination provisions are summarised below.
3. Total Fixed Remuneration (TFR) US$450,000 including any salary sacrifice items and superannuation. This will be reviewed annually.

4. Incentives Mr Hehir will be eligible for discretionary annual incentive plans, the terms of which are at the absolute discretion of the Board. Mr Hehir will be eligible to receive a Short-Term Incentive (“STI”) of up to 100% of base salary in respect of each financial year in which he is employed by the Company, subject to performance metrics determined by the Board.
Mr Hehir will be eligible to participate in the Company’s Employee Share Plan, with the terms of any offer of securities at the absolute discretion of the Board, and subject to Shareholder approval for the purpose of ASX Listing Rule 10.11.
5. Notice Period 12 months’ notice by the Company and 12 months’ notice by Mr Hehir, except that the Company may terminate Mr Hehir’s employment without notice in certain circumstances.
6. Termination On termination of employment by either Mr Hehir or the Company, the Company will pay all fixed remuneration and any statutory entitlements owing to Mr Hehir, and any STI or LTI not vested may be paid or granted at the discretion of the Board.
7. Post Termination Restraints Mr Hehir is subject to non-solicit restraints post his employment.
8. Other Provisions
The agreement also contains standard general provisions regarding leave, confidential information, intellectual property rights, restrictive covenants and location.

Last edited:
  • Fire

Getupthere

Regular
Hey Realinfo,
I think Incentive bonuses should only be considered based on our company's improved financial position by sales revenue targets being met but as with the terms of Seans employment agreement extract below , 4 makes reference to incentive bonuses at the absolute discretion of the Board.
My take is that despite no explosive sales revenue as promised, the board must be delighted with Seans contributions to progress.

• Sean Hehir is a proven technology executive with strong commercial skills and significant experience in driving explosive growth and strategic alliances.

2. Term No fixed term is specified, and termination provisions are summarised below.
3. Total Fixed Remuneration (TFR) US$450,000 including any salary sacrifice items and superannuation. This will be reviewed annually. 4. Incentives Mr Hehir will be eligible for discretionary annual incentive plans, the terms of which are at the absolute discretion of the Board. Mr Hehir will be eligible to receive a Short-Term Incentive (“STI”) of up to 100% of base salary in respect of each financial year in which he is employed by the Company, subject to performance metrics determined by the Board.
Mr Hehir will be eligible to participate in the Company’s Employee Share Plan, with the terms of any offer of securities at the absolute discretion of the Board, and subject to Shareholder approval for the purpose of ASX Listing Rule 10.11.
5. Notice Period 12 months’ notice by the Company and 12 months’ notice by Mr Hehir, except that the Company may terminate Mr Hehir’s employment without notice in certain circumstances.
6. Termination On termination of employment by either Mr Hehir or the Company, the Company will pay all fixed remuneration and any statutory entitlements owing to Mr Hehir, and any STI or LTI not vested may be paid or granted at the discretion of the Board.
7. Post Termination Restraints Mr Hehir is subject to non-solicit restraints post his employment.
8. Other Provisions
The agreement also contains standard general provisions regarding leave, confidential information, intellectual property rights, restrictive covenants and location.
Mr Hehir will be eligible to receive a Short-Term Incentive (“STI”) of up to 100% of base salary in respect of each financial year in which he is employed by the Company, subject to performance metrics determined by the Board.

Mr Hehir gets 100% worth of shares based on his salary which is $450,000.

So $450,000 worth of shares at $2 gets him 225,000 shares and $450,000 at 0.55cents gets him 818,181 shares.

Am I reading this right?

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

VictorG

Hey Realinfo,

3. Total Fixed Remuneration (TFR) US$450,000 including any salary sacrifice items and superannuation. This will be reviewed annually. 4. Incentives Mr Hehir will be eligible for discretionary annual incentive plans, the terms of which are at the absolute discretion of the Board. Mr Hehir will be eligible to receive a Short-Term Incentive (“STI”) of up to 100% of base salary in respect of each financial year in which he is employed by the Company, subject to performance metrics determined by the Board.
8. Other Provisions The agreement also contains standard general provisions regarding leave, confidential information, intellectual property rights, restrictive covenants and location.
Good post @Dang Son,

The only grey area for me is the definition of "sales".

I've been in situations throughout my working career where conditional sales where included in sales targets. Conditional sales could be sales where proof of compatibility, functionality, reliability and so on, may form part of the sales contract. Once the conditions of the sales contract are satisfied, the sales contract becomes unconditional and binding.

I imagine BRN would be experiencing that most if not all of their sales are conditional, and although they do not show as sales transactions in end of year report, they are sales just the same and would be applied to management and employee target bonuses.

The question then arises if BRN has had explosive sales or any conditional sales for that matter, what would we look for as a sign of sales activity?

Other than press releases, IMO one way to gauge sales activity would be to monitor revenue for tech support. I'm on my mobile and couldn't be bothered looking up the last 2 yearly reports and contrast the difference between tech support revenue but if you find an increase yr on yr, that could be a sign of sales activity and BRN satisfying the conitions of a sales contract.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
I’ve just found this report on Brainchip and consider it fair and balanced. Make up your own minds.
Thanks Doc, I had not seen that before either. Their valuation of 75c (back in November when it was written so not long ago) would of course been in USD which with exchange rate equals $1.11 AUD. Their valuation is for 2023 if milestones are achieved.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Quatrojos

Regular
1677402834959.png

This is from the Annual Report.

Isn't anything material meant to be announced as price-sensitive?

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

TECH

Regular
Hello All, this is for dummies to answer, so I expect no responses :ROFLMAO:

Sundays question: How many companies can currently state that they have on-chip learning, one shot, few shots, continuous learning,
learning on top of learning, power consumption ranging from 1,000th's of a watt down to as low as 1,000,000th's of a watt, can run for 6 months approximately on 2 AAA batteries, doesn't require an internet connection, doesn't require something called "a cloud", protects your security and privacy like no other, doesn't require a VPN, doesn't require 5/6G, is fully commercialized now, has it's brother in production now whom is smarter, smaller and hoping to go to Mars one day, is available in IP Blocks or as a NSoC for as little as $50 USD, can see, smell, taste, hear, feel, can out smart a human through pure speed, was first developed in Belmont, Perth, Western Australia and is nicknamed, "The Brain" ?

Have a great night.

Tech x(y)

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 67 users

mrgds

Regular
Were you in a "PLAID "? ........................im sooooooooo very envious

Reactions: 1 users

RobjHunt

Regular
And then the video where he refers to akida as science fiction at the 25:30 mark-

Thanks Chappy for the reminder. It was a wonderful thing to hear back then and now, once again when viewed. Had my heart cockles warming then and again now. This;

"Renesas already licensed that and many others already did"

Pantene ;)

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom