BRN Discussion Ongoing

jtardif999

Regular
As discussed many times @Tothemoon24 we don’t need the entire market. :)

A small percentage will be sufficient:

View attachment 30576

With the ecosystem being diligently set up by our fantastic management team it’s just a question of %1, %2, or even %5.

My head would explode thinking of anything larger than that! 😂
But we are differentiated and will likely further that with an eventual unbeatable lead, so I think we will have a bigger than just small percentage share.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

manny100

Regular
Our portfolio of patents would be worth a fair bit more than our market cap alone.
I would not be surprised with this current surge in AI interest if at some later stage a big player who is 'lagging'a bit in AI makes us an offer we cannot refuse.
Over on the 'Trash' downrampers say over and over if BRN was any good we would have been taken over. The 'half wits' do not understand that its only very recently the World has began taking an interest in AI at the Edge. Plus buyers want to know AKIDA works and the market is there and we are making sales. They are willing to pay a high premium for a business that is set up with a big future ahead of it.
No different to long term traders who are willing to wait until an uptrend is established before jumping on board at a higher price.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
A son asks his father why does he speak so quietly at home?

The father replies because there is artificial intelligence that listens to everything we say.

The son laughs, the dad laughs, Alexa laughs.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users
Ex BrainChip employee

1677307253396.png

1677307279046.png

1677307470903.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

Realinfo

Regular
Suspects and prospects and the art of systems selling.

At different times, I’ve had the good fortune of creating and developing two businesses from nothing more than a good idea.

In 1974, after almost eight years in journalism, an opportunity presented that sent me on a wild ‘n wonderful journey. The MD of a supermarket chain was guest speaker at a lunch I was attending, and the first words he uttered upon his late arrival were… ’somebody’s got to help me with an industry wide problem’. A couple of days later I sought him out and asked him what he was talking about. A few days later we met again, where I outlined how I thought the issue could be solved. It meant changing the way the whole distribution system had worked for decades. It naturally encountered significant resistance along the way, but we persisted, worked hard, and developed the all important toehold. This gave us a reference point, from which success followed. Today this way of distribution is best demonstrated by the likes of Linfox and Toll.

In 1984 I sold my business to a division of Mayne Nickless, because I wanted to get into the new world of computers. In the same year, I attended what is known as The Hannover Messe, to see if another opportunity presented. I saw it in the form of a clever bit of materials handling kit…part of an emerging range of automated storage and retrieval systems (AS&RS). It was a new technology, but in my opinion quite ragged, and clearly still in its infancy stage of development. After the show, I was able to purchase the demo unit and ship it back to Oz. The technology had no patents because it was based on the age old paternoster principle, so I guess it’ll come as no surprise that we took a look at how it worked. It was essentially an electromechanical device controlled by a rather simple in-house developed microcontroller. Remember this was 1984…microcontrollers were pretty basic, inflexible and difficult to interface with a larger system. We could immediately see that it wasn’t the physical device that had to be improved, but rather what it could do. When our system hit the market, it was controlled by (wait for it) a 386 PC with MS-DOS, and using software we had developed. However, around 1988 we introduced software running on Windows. Our control system made our AS&RS very flexible and able to do what people wanted. But It did not have to operate in isolation, it could also interface quite easily with larger manufacturing and distribution systems.

What’s all this about I hear you say?

In 1974 and in 1984…the time when we began introducing the above ideas, we were exhorting business to change quite profoundly the way things had been done for decades. C’mon I hear you say, this is nothing like the challenges our battler has introducing its new way of doing things to business...and in addition, it has all these headwinds facing it. We’ll try the stagflation we suffered in the early 70’s causing profits to collapse, an escalation in industrial disputes, and housing to suffer its biggest bust on record...or how about the ‘recession we had to have‘ in the early 90’s.

In the face of these sort of headwinds, we would say ‘in these times, it‘s more important than ever that your business invests the funds to ensure you are doing things in the most efficient way, and making the best products possible for your customers’

You can say I’m only pumping up my tyres, but the point I’m trying to make is that selling a new way of doing things does not necessarily have to take years and years. I call it ‘systems selling’ and it requires bringing on board everyone…starting with the department head, and progressing all the way up through the managerial layers to GM’s, MD’s and often Directors. They all had to understand what it was, how it worked, and more importantly, what benefits would it bring their business.

As I’m sure most of you know, selling is a numbers game...you‘ve got to keep creating more and more people who are interested (suspects)…convert as many suspects as you can into believers (prospects)…keep qualifying them each step of the way…and when the moment arrives, ask for the order (close the sale). You’d be surprised how many sales people find this last step difficult, or don’t ask for the order at all. We started with the most obvious applications for our technology and worked out from there.

We hear about the doorbell application, for mine a perfectly simple and beneficial product to bring to market...just get the thing done people. After all this time talking about it, I’m dismayed that we still haven’t got a doorbell on the market.

I accept the importance of ‘ecosystems’ and partnerships et al…to expand one’s reach, diversify what can be offered, and make it easier to bring packaged systems and products to market. I understand working together to build systems and products. But like the doorbell, there are scores of products that could have been produced and on the market by now. Perhaps more complicated sexy stuff like AV’s do have to take years and involve numerous partners, but simple things like doorbells could out there earning us good money by now.

Since the AGM in 2018, I have been rabbiting on about premature and excessive remuneration. Me, myself personally believes we provide senior executives and directors with incentives and rewards that are far too excessive, and we pay them way before they actually achieve things that are above and beyond what they should be expected to achieve as part of their everyday job. To date Hey hey is just doing his job people, nothing more, nothing less…but have a look at how much he’s received in his first year in the latest financial report. As he said…’watch the financials’.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

Steve7777

Regular

A nice little actical from our old friend Jean-Luc Chatelain CTO Accenture Applied

Neuromorphic computing has a good chance to be the leading technical approach for AIcceleration at the edge.

There are almost too many choices today in silicon AI acceleration, long gone are the days of “GPU is the only way to go fast in AI”. Many of these new choices are welcome as the one the side fits all paradigm does not work for all use case scenarios. The data center or the cloud are no longer the only environment where computing happens; some of the workload need to run “on the edge” where power consumption & footprint are critical, especially as one must scale tiny edge (e.g., sensor) and/or fat edge (e.g., satellite). Neuromorphic computing approach takes a radically different approach to implementation of AI algorithm, it does not brute force try to imitate the features of human brain and scale, but leverage the principles behind the brain decision making process, craft the silicon to achieve the desired goals and, in most vendors’ case, thrive to minimize the power & footprint budget for both tiny and fat edge deployments.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230225_183829_LinkedIn.jpg
    Screenshot_20230225_183829_LinkedIn.jpg
    798.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!

At different times, I’ve had the good fortune of creating and developing two businesses from nothing more than a good idea.

In 1974, after almost eight years in journalism, an opportunity presented that sent me on a wild ‘n wonderful journey. The MD of a supermarket chain was guest speaker at a lunch I was attending, and the first words he uttered upon his late arrival were… ’somebody’s got to help me with an industry wide problem’. A couple of days later I sought him out and asked him what he was talking about. A few days later we met again, where I outlined how I thought the issue could be solved. It meant changing the way the whole distribution system had worked for decades. It naturally encountered significant resistance along the way, but we persisted, worked hard, and developed the all important toehold. This gave us a reference point, from which success followed. Today this way of distribution is best demonstrated by the likes of Linfox and Toll.

In 1984 I sold my business to a division of Mayne Nickless, because I wanted to get into the new world of computers. In the same year, I attended what is known as The Hannover Messe, to see if another opportunity presented. I saw it in the form of a clever bit of materials handling kit…part of an emerging range of automated storage and retrieval systems (AS&RS). It was a new technology, but in my opinion quite ragged, and clearly still in its infancy stage of development. After the show, I was able to purchase the demo unit and ship it back to Oz. The technology had no patents because it was based on the age old paternoster principle, so I guess it’ll come as no surprise that we took a look at how it worked. It was essentially an electromechanical device controlled by a rather simple in-house developed microcontroller. Remember this was 1984…microcontrollers were pretty basic, inflexible and difficult to interface with a larger system. We could immediately see that it wasn’t the physical device that had to be improved, but rather what it could do. When our system hit the market, it was controlled by (wait for it) a 386 PC with MS-DOS, and using software we had developed. However, around 1988 we introduced software running on Windows. Our control system made our AS&RS very flexible and able to do what people wanted. But It did not have to operate in isolation, it could also interface quite easily with larger manufacturing and distribution systems.

In 1974 and in 1984…the time when we began introducing the above ideas, we were exhorting business to change quite profoundly the way things had been done for decades. C’mon I hear you say, this is nothing like the challenges our battler has introducing its new way of doing things to business...and in addition, it has all these headwinds facing it. We’ll try the stagflation we suffered in the early 70’s causing profits to collapse, an escalation in industrial disputes, and housing to suffer its biggest bust on record...or how about the ‘recession we had to have‘ in the early 90’s.

In the face of these sort of headwinds, we would say ‘in these times, it‘s more important than ever that your business invests the funds to ensure you are doing things in the most efficient way, and making the best products possible for your customers’

You can say I’m only pumping up my tyres, but the point I’m trying to make is that selling a new way of doing things does not necessarily have to take years and years. I call it ‘systems selling’ and it requires bringing on board everyone…starting with the department head, and progressing all the way up through the managerial layers to GM’s, MD’s and often Directors. They all had to understand what it was, how it worked, and more importantly, what benefits would it bring their business.

As I’m sure most of you know, selling is a numbers game...you‘ve got to keep creating more and more people who are interested (suspects)…convert as many suspects as you can into believers (prospects)…keep qualifying them each step of the way…and when the moment arrives, ask for the order (close the sale). You’d be surprised how many sales people find this last step difficult, or don’t ask for the order at all. We started with the most obvious applications for our technology and worked out from there.

We hear about the doorbell application, for mine a perfectly simple and beneficial product to bring to market...just get the thing done people. After all this time talking about it, I’m dismayed that we still haven’t got a doorbell on the market.

I accept the importance of ‘ecosystems’ and partnerships et al…to expand one’s reach, diversify what can be offered, and make it easier to bring packaged systems and products to market. I understand working together to build systems and products. But like the doorbell, there are scores of products that could have been produced and on the market by now. Perhaps more complicated sexy stuff like AV’s do have to take years and involve numerous partners, but simple things like doorbells could out there earning us good money by now.

Since the AGM in 2018, I have been rabbiting on about premature and excessive remuneration. Me, myself personally believes we provide senior executives and directors with incentives and rewards that are far too excessive, and we pay them way before they actually achieve things that are above and beyond what they should be expected to achieve as part of their everyday job. To date Hey hey is just doing his job people, nothing more, nothing less…but have a look at how much he’s received in his first year in the latest financial report. As he said…’watch the financials’.
Different time, different game, different strata of Business.
You will not attract and retain the experienced and suitably connected Managers and Directors we have, if only offering peanuts.
These people have a track record in the IP sales method we have embarked upon and also have relationships with already established, big and strategically important players. We are in the big leagues now and need credible representation with people who know how to talk the talk and walk the walk. With people who went to the right schools, belong to the right associations and who are accepted by our wannabe clients as credible and reliable people to do business with. With limited resources I want our people concentrated on doing the big deals and continuing to massage other like sized and larger organisations. Sure, we'll no doubt eventually filter down into doorbells and toys, that's what ubiquitous means, but that's some other guys job.
We make the sensor they'll wind up using so smart, cheap and energy efficient that it will be the obvious and best solution to whatever the problem they are trying to solve is. We are not the guy out there selling the particular vehicle or even just cars in general. We are selling the best in class, revolutionary vital component for anything out there now (and on the drawing boards for the near future) that wants/needs to see, hear, smell, taste or feel the world around us, in all the glory of the full available spectrum. And do it with a small physical and thermal footprint, off the leash as required and all the while making the job of everything downstream from us easier and reducing the required bandwidth to boot.
Yes, it's taking time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 65 users
1677313579445.png

1677313695314.png

1677313766482.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 129 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Kachoo

Regular
Wow big words used by Raths. World's first comercial AI manufacture has developed.

I don't know if this does not get any clearer.

We have Renesas Tape out!
AKIDA1500! for comercial applications.

The waves are comming.

This is what I was saying we are getting news and info from individuals not working for BRN now marketing our product.

This was not happening a few years back no one knew what Neuromophic chips were. Lol

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 70 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Great find.

“The worlds first commercial AI manufacturer”

I still can’t believe there’s people that cannot see the writing on the wall, Brainchip is going to be a dominant player in the fourth industrial revolution!

It’s a matter of when, not if!

For gods sake, let Brainchip build the ecosystem, build the tech!
The first to market advantage the customers see is huge.

I expect when Renesas tape out and are marketing us, there will be a sizeable shift within the industry and lots will be scrambling to get a piece of akida!

Truly exciting times!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 106 users
It's being used this weekend at Mardi Gra. Unless they magically integrated it faster than Megachips and renasas, it's not Akida.
Akida may not be it’s pronoun…
1677316974892.png

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Quatrojos

Regular
Phase 2 was slated for completion 24/02/23.

'In Phase 3 we will be looking at optimizing solutions for the Navy and creating deployable Neuromorphic Hardware.'

1677317295855.png

• Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Diogenese

Top 20

It's good to hear about a genuine Australian entrepreneur, as opposed to the corporate raiders the media awarded that badge to in the 80s.

The NDAs limit the shareholders view of what the sales and marketing (S&M) are up to.

It is the nature of the business of selling IP licences for ground breaking tech that is a prolonged task. First it is necessary to identify potential customers who have a process which can be improved by Akida and who have a sufficiently large market to justify the cost of developing an IC including the Akida IP. The company has identified the EAPs (from June 2020), and continues to work with them, but, as Peter pointed out, you have to intersect with their product development cycle. For example, Mercedes did not start to develop the EQXX because they found out about Akida. We happened along at the right time to be incorporated in "Hey Mercedes!"

We shareholders hope that Valeo's SCALA 3 LiDaR, due to be commercialized within a year or so, will incorporate Akida. We have been working with Valeo since mid-2020. So it has taken a few years to get to a position of preparing to go to market.

Similarly, Renesas, our first publicly announced licencee (December 2020), and an IC producer, may have a product on the market by the end of 2023.

Similarly, we have been working with Socionext since 2020 on a joint project.

So history shows there is a 3+ year lead time to get to market.

We have over a dozen EAPs with whom we are working, so let's hope we see some results in the next year or so.

What we have working in our favour is that AI is lifting lots of boats, so our customers will not want to miss the tide.

That said, I don't think we can expect Sean to pull rabbits out of the hat while they are still in their shells.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 59 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
TLS you always come up with the good stuff.
I am grateful for your many and ongoing firsts.
Regards
Top bloke

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
But we are differentiated and will likely further that with an eventual unbeatable lead, so I think we will have a bigger than just small percentage share.

I am hopeful that is the case too @jtardif999

I am sure along with Brainchip’s 66 staff working furiously to make the company successful so are many staff from:

NASA
FORD
VALEO
MERCEDES
SIFIVE
MAGIKEYE
MEGACHIPS
RENESAS
BIOTOME
PROPHESEE
EDGE IMPULSE
ARM
NVISO
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES
VVDN
SOCIONEXT
MOSCHIP
INTEL
NANOSE
AI LABS
SAHOMA CONTROLWARE

So one would think we can achieve a lot more than %1-5 percent.

It’s my belief that time and patience will be well rewarded however at worst a small percent should give us many times our current investment which I will treat as a success!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 52 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Let's hope we can emulate this little Aussie beauty. Back in 2011 they were changing hands for 10c.
Within 10 years they were trading at $40

Altium.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Diogenese

Top 20

It's good to hear about a genuine Australian entrepreneur, as opposed to the corporate raiders the media awarded that badge to in the 80s.

The NDAs limit the shareholders view of what the sales and marketing (S&M) are up to.

It is the nature of the business of selling IP licences for ground breaking tech that is a prolonged task. First it is necessary to identify potential customers who have a process which can be improved by Akida and who have a sufficiently large market to justify the cost of developing an IC including the Akida IP. The company has identified the EAPs (from June 2020), and continues to work with them, but, as Peter pointed out, you have to intersect with their product development cycle. For example, Mercedes did not start to develop the EQXX because they found out about Akida. We happened along at the right time to be incorporated in "Hey Mercedes!"

We shareholders hope that Valeo's SCALA 3 LiDaR, due to be commercialized within a year or so, will incorporate Akida. We have been working with Valeo since mid-2020. So it has taken a few years to get to a position of preparing to go to market.

Similarly, Renesas, our first publicly announced licencee (December 2020), and an IC producer, may have a product on the market by the end of 2023.

Similarly, we have been working with Socionext since 2020 on a joint project.

So history shows there is a 3+ year lead time to get to market.

We have over a dozen EAPs with whom we are working, so let's hope we see some results in the next year or so.

That said, I don't think we can expect Sean to pull rabbits out of the hat while they are still in their shells.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Top Bottom