BRN Discussion Ongoing

Kachoo

Regular
NEW JOB ON OFFER AT BRAINCHIP "TECHNICAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT DIRECTOR"
$175,000 - $250,000 GIG SOUNDS GOOD

I LIKE THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH!!!!!!!!!!!!

A principal goal for the Technical Customer Support Director is to bridge core engineering activities into commercialization efforts. This includes technical customer support policies, objectives, and initiatives. This is a hands-on position, managing a team as well as resolving higher level technical and customer relations issues. This position needs to be able to understand and maintain a working, technical knowledge of our client’s core technologies in order to provide full top level technical support.

ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

Share This Job

Technical Customer Support Director​

Job Title Technical Customer Support Director Job ID 27696794 Work Hybrid Yes Location Laguna Hills, CA 92653 Other Location Description
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE**

Come join the company leading the technological revolution in artificial intelligence. BrainChip is a global technology company producing a groundbreaking neuromorphic processor that brings artificial intelligence to the edge in a way that is beyond the capabilities of other products.
We are the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low-power and high-performance artificial intelligence technology processors that enables a wide array of applications such as self-driving cars, hearing aids, drones, and agricultural equipment. The event-based neural network processor is inspired by the spiking nature of the human brain and is implemented in an industry-standard digital process.
Our company was recognized as one of the “Startups Worth Watching in 2021” in EE Times’ annual Silicon 100 list of global semiconductor technologies and our founder was named the winner of the AI Hardware 2021 Innovator Award. We have offices in Laguna Hills, California; Toulouse, France; Hyderabad, India; and Perth, Australia. We are also publicly traded on the Australian Stock Exchange (BRN:ASX) and the OTC Market (BRCHF).

SUMMARY:

A principal goal for the Technical Customer Support Director is to bridge core engineering activities into commercialization efforts. This includes technical customer support policies, objectives, and initiatives. This is a hands-on position, managing a team as well as resolving higher level technical and customer relations issues. This position needs to be able to understand and maintain a working, technical knowledge of our client’s core technologies in order to provide full top level technical support.

• Develops service level standards focused on response times, issue resolution, service quality, and customer satisfaction.

• Establishes policies and procedures that produce high quality customer support and that reflect industry best practices.

• Ensures that systems are in place and are utilized to capture and report on service metrics, including any customer feedback or trends in product or service issues.

• Manages resource decision-making, planning, and best practices.

• Aligns technical customer support activities and initiatives to support and enhance the objectives of the organization.

• Take ownership of unresolved technical issues, and bridge with Sales and Engineering teams to solve and/or develop solutions.

• Manage customer technical relationships as required and work with internal resources to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.

• Ability to communicate orally with customers, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial.
QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience:

• B.S. in Computer Science, or EE; will consider experience in lieu of education

• Requires a very high technical acumen and understanding of machine learning and deep learning experience using Python, Tensorflow

• Firsthand experience with object classification, object detection, face recognition, keyword spotting a plus

• Experience with Git version control system

• Experience in CPUs, Tools and methodologies, machine learning, C++ programming

• PCB design, layout and bring-up experience a plus

• Has led small engineering teams

• Has been in front line customer support role

• Comfortable as a player coach—this is a very small team and the leader needs to spend 80% doing and 20% managing
Other Skills and Abilities:

• Strong verbal and written communication skills

• Ability to compose routine reports and correspondence

• Ability to effectively communicate with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds

• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills and analytical skills

• Desire to be involved in a diverse and creative work environment

• Must be a self-starter with mindset for growth and real passion for continuous learning

Benefits Offered:
· Competitive Pay - $175,000-$250,000 annually
· Restricted Stock Units
· Bonus Pay up to 10% of annual salary
· 401K with matching
· Free Lunch Daily
· Paid Time Off
· Holiday Pay
· Company-paid Medical HMO, Dental PPO, and Vision Insurance
· Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D
· Employee Assistance Program, Caregiver Support, Adoption Assistance Program
· Flexible Spending Account
· Health Savings Account
· Commuter Benefit Program
· Employee Discounts

BrainChip is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.

See Larry David GIF by Emmys
A job at this level with this pay grade is not a sign of a failing company. A company growing and thriving!

I think I'm starting to see that they are overwhelmed with activity and then you feel like your chasing your tail and the tasks are not done in the order they need to be to get the sales finalized. IMO

I take this as highly highly positive.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

jtardif999

Regular
I wonder if the AI is now smart enough now to figure out the speech pattern of the driver to understand if driver is talking in a general sense to a passenger(s), or to the car itself eg, Turn the heater up 5 degs vs TURN the heater up 5 degs
With the intro of LSTM and Transformers I believe this would be possible, hence where Akida2.0 architecture would come into it I think.

Note: The above reference was not from @BaconLover, was supposed to be @AARONASX

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
A job at this level with this pay grade is not a sign of a failing company. A company growing and thriving!

I think I'm starting to see that they are overwhelmed with activity and then you feel like your chasing your tail and the tasks are not done in the order they need to be to get the sales finalized. IMO

Definately Kachoo. My thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!
Talking Episode 7 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Reactions: 11 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Ok, seriously. The baiting and flaming on all sides needs to stop. It's also against the rules, and you are using up my time. Another round of deletions, and the next lot of baiting and flaming ends in given some time out. I don't care what side of the debate you sit, this activity just ends up turning it all to shit and once again, undermines the forum.

There will be no further warnings.. come on people. I don't want to have to do this. Don't force my hand.
Thanks Z.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Shadow59

Regular
Does anyone know what the latest date the annual report has to be out?

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

Agreed, you don’t hire for this role unless you have a high level of customer engagement

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
Last one was the 23rd (today last year) at about 7pm, and the one before that was the 26th from memory. so I guess today or tomorrow...i hope

Reactions: 12 users

Shadow59

Regular
Last one was the 23rd (today last year) at about 7pm, and the one before that was the 26th from memory. so I guess today or tomorrow...i hope
Thanks

Reactions: 1 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
ASX-listed companies must report their financial results to shareholders at least twice a year, within two months of the end of their balance sheet date. As most companies have balance sheet dates of 30 June, the main reporting season takes place in August when many companies release their full-year results.
So, by end of the month 28th February.

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
"...If you want to know more about the tech details behind MB.OS, don’t worry, I’m already scheduling a special issue of “In the Loop” to give you a full rundown.

And I’ll have lots more to report from our strategy update in the days ahead. So, as they say, stay tuned!"

1677112106604.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Ok, seriously. The baiting and flaming on all sides needs to stop. It's also against the rules, and you are using up my time. Another round of deletions, and the next lot of baiting and flaming ends in given some time out. I don't care what side of the debate you sit, this activity just ends up turning it all to shit and once again, undermines the forum.

There will be no further warnings.. come on people. I don't want to have to do this. Don't force my hand.
Hi zeeb0t.
Thank you for your efforts.
Perhaps you could repost the rules here or provide a link or pointer to them so we can all have a refresh and be on the same page.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
Hi zeeb0t.
Thank you for your efforts.
Perhaps you could repost the rules here or provide a link or pointer to them so we can all have a refresh and be on the same page.

They are here:

2-23-2023 - 11-39-29 - -106- Terms and rules - The Stock Exchange Forum - The Exchange of Opin...png

If it ever changes, I announce that change (it hasn't changed since it was first created).

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users

TECH

Regular
NEW JOB ON OFFER AT BRAINCHIP "TECHNICAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT DIRECTOR"
$175,000 - $250,000 GIG SOUNDS GOOD

I LIKE THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share This Job

Technical Customer Support Director​

Job Title Technical Customer Support Director Job ID 27696794 Work Hybrid Yes Location Laguna Hills, CA 92653 Other Location Description
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE**

Come join the company leading the technological revolution in artificial intelligence. BrainChip is a global technology company producing a groundbreaking neuromorphic processor that brings artificial intelligence to the edge in a way that is beyond the capabilities of other products.
We are the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low-power and high-performance artificial intelligence technology processors that enables a wide array of applications such as self-driving cars, hearing aids, drones, and agricultural equipment. The event-based neural network processor is inspired by the spiking nature of the human brain and is implemented in an industry-standard digital process.
Our company was recognized as one of the “Startups Worth Watching in 2021” in EE Times’ annual Silicon 100 list of global semiconductor technologies and our founder was named the winner of the AI Hardware 2021 Innovator Award. We have offices in Laguna Hills, California; Toulouse, France; Hyderabad, India; and Perth, Australia. We are also publicly traded on the Australian Stock Exchange (BRN:ASX) and the OTC Market (BRCHF).

SUMMARY:

• Develops service level standards focused on response times, issue resolution, service quality, and customer satisfaction.

• Establishes policies and procedures that produce high quality customer support and that reflect industry best practices.

• Ensures that systems are in place and are utilized to capture and report on service metrics, including any customer feedback or trends in product or service issues.

• Manages resource decision-making, planning, and best practices.

• Aligns technical customer support activities and initiatives to support and enhance the objectives of the organization.

• Take ownership of unresolved technical issues, and bridge with Sales and Engineering teams to solve and/or develop solutions.

• Manage customer technical relationships as required and work with internal resources to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.

• Ability to communicate orally with customers, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial.
QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience:

• B.S. in Computer Science, or EE; will consider experience in lieu of education

• Requires a very high technical acumen and understanding of machine learning and deep learning experience using Python, Tensorflow

• Firsthand experience with object classification, object detection, face recognition, keyword spotting a plus

• Experience with Git version control system

• Experience in CPUs, Tools and methodologies, machine learning, C++ programming

• PCB design, layout and bring-up experience a plus

• Has led small engineering teams

• Has been in front line customer support role

• Comfortable as a player coach—this is a very small team and the leader needs to spend 80% doing and 20% managing
Other Skills and Abilities:

• Strong verbal and written communication skills

• Ability to compose routine reports and correspondence

• Ability to effectively communicate with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds

• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills and analytical skills

• Desire to be involved in a diverse and creative work environment

• Must be a self-starter with mindset for growth and real passion for continuous learning

Benefits Offered:
· Competitive Pay - $175,000-$250,000 annually
· Restricted Stock Units
· Bonus Pay up to 10% of annual salary
· 401K with matching
· Free Lunch Daily
· Paid Time Off
· Holiday Pay
· Company-paid Medical HMO, Dental PPO, and Vision Insurance
· Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D
· Employee Assistance Program, Caregiver Support, Adoption Assistance Program
· Flexible Spending Account
· Health Savings Account
· Commuter Benefit Program
· Employee Discounts

BrainChip is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.

See Larry David GIF by Emmys

Good morning All,

Many would have noticed how many new positions are being created by Brainchip management, which is clearly representative of a company whose being flooded.
I have been told that the HR employee at Brainchip in the US simply can't keep up with the amount of hiring action that's currently taking place, the company has on previous occasions mentioned driving the staff base up to around 100, so this plan is obviously still unfolding.

Even with all the available engineers etc that have been laid off by many other tech companies over the last 6 months or so, the real question has to be asked, how many are actually fully qualified in this field of neuromorphic computing, and the answer is not many, we, Brainchip have to train them up, to fully understand the internal workings of Akida, sauce and all.

At the other end of the spectrum we have the sales team, which is also expanding rapidly due to the demand, it's a time consuming business, having untrained sales staff who have first bite at the cherry, would be a disaster waiting to happen, they MUST be able to present Akida in all it's glory, because fluff will be spotted a long way off.

Many, including myself, are waiting to hear that a number of IP contracts have been 100% confirmed as being signed off on, but this end goal is proving extremely hard, hence there is a level of frustration, as time is passing by, why is this so?

Let's not forget the amount of money that's being invested into this new revolutionary technology, it's a major shift that's having to take place, in attitudes, acceptance, belief, trust in Akida and all it's developing magic, but in my opinion, if we don't cross or intersect these large companies at the right time within their OWN design cycles, well, we have to wait and keep waiting until the customer is ready to take that leap, and at this point in Akida's life that is playing out in front of our very eyes.

I do know that we have been engaged with a number of companies who have wanted to know, see Akida in action etc and have simply gone away because the timing wasn't right for them, and we have to respect that.

It all points to a major change on the horizon, and we, Brainchip are going to be the first to see the dawning of a new age, put simply, leaders lead, are first to see the sun rise on this new technological age, so that's how I see the current landscape.

Please remember, I don't speak on behalf of the company, my views as always.

Tech :coffee:;)

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 68 users

Rach2512

Regular

Hi there

Firstly, so happy you are back Fact Finder.

The above is a link to a beehive with AI capabilities. Would be awesome if Brainchip could play a part in this, if not already?

Snippet from their website.

Technology for the health of the bees.

Our solution is a newly designed beehive that includes precision robotics, computer vision and AI. With the computer vision we constantly monitor the bees in our device, and the AI identifies their needs, in real-time. By applying the same exact treatments that beekeepers would, only utilizing precision robotics instead, bees’ needs are being addressed when needed, in the field, without human intervention. Our solution can feed and water bees, treat illnesses and pests, address climate-related issues (active climate control system both of temperature and humidity), harvest honey (within the device), prevent 100% swarming, frame manipulation (such as split hives, combine hives, add queen excluders etc.) and more.

Cheers
Rach

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
Good morning All,

Many would have noticed how many new positions are being created by Brainchip management, which is clearly representative of a company whose being flooded.
I have been told that the HR employee at Brainchip in the US simply can't keep up with the amount of hiring action that's currently taking place, the company has on previous occasions mentioned driving the staff base up to around 100, so this plan is obviously still unfolding.

While to some degree most post here beyond any physical company announcement (either side) is pure speculation, but either way the future is bright for AI in general!....

"HR employee at Brainchip in the US simply can't keep up with the amount of hiring action"

This in itself has to show growth within the internal walls for Brainchips office's, whether or not someone chooses to believe in the technology/company is solely up to you, but an expansion in the any office at a fast rate is better than stagnate or de-expansion. unless your a politician no one gets paid to do nothing 🙃...IMO

Reactions: 6 users

Taproot

Regular
We know at the very least that Brainchip are working with Mercedes on the "Hey Mercedes" feature.
Mercedes engineers worked with California-based artificial-intelligence developer BrainChip to create systems based on the company’s Akida hardware and software. Among other things, the technology makes the “Hey, Mercedes” voice control system in the EQXX five to ten times more efficient than conventional voice control.

Note* The Mercedes logo is still proudly displayed on Brainchip's website today, so clearly we are still working with Mercedes to create systems based on Akida, as pointed out in the above Motortrend article.

Also helping to lessen distractions caused by the huge screens and complex features is an upgraded AI assistant. The MBUX software no longer requires you to say “Hey Mercedes” before issuing any voice commands — instead, a new “Just Talk” feature is indicated by a red microphone symbol on the display, allowing drivers to more easily give commands for things like navigation and climate control. Multiple commands can now be linked together by saying “and.” Owners can create new routines for the car, like turning on seat heating and changing the ambient lighting color to orange if the cabin temperature is below 50 degrees or automatically lowering the driver’s window when you arrive at work at the same time each day.

In todays MBOS update by Mercedes, ( Which is worth watching, even though Brainchip are not mentioned by name ), you'll discover that " Hey Mercedes" feature will no longer require you to actually say "Hey Mercedes" but instead a new "Just Talk" feature is indicated by a red microphone symbol on the display. So you don't just start randomly start talking to the car, you'll need to activate the feature by tapping the red microphone symbol on the display !!

Go to the 52:30 minute mark and listen to the following couple of minutes. Magnus Ostberg highlights the fact that this function is paired with AI.

My personal opinion on why they made the change is to differentiate themselves from everyone else using the same " Hey Siri " "Hey BMW" etc

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
?
Really. So do we have connections with Luminar for the ADAS too?

Not downramping here guys, just don't get why there wasn't an inkling of a mention of our groundbreaking technology. And we can't use the NDA playcard here as an excuse, as MB have mentioned us previously.

HI JK,

Today’s show from MB was them mapping out their plan for the next few years and to announce major partnerships worth billions of dollars.

With NVIDIA being the first one up it was always unlikely BRAINCHIP was going to get a mention today and take some shine away from NVIDIA. The deal was explained as a 50/50 partnership. MB would supply the vehicle and NVIDIA the software for free but get a much larger share of the profit. They were asked why they didn’t just buy the software and they said it would be just too expensive to be cost effective and this was the best option. As it was explained the MB guy was grinning like a Cheshire Cat as he obviously thinks he has done a great deal to get all the software technology for free at the front end! This includes OTA updates. Therefore NVIDIA gets first up on stage and allowed their time in the spotlight!

Brainchip had our time in the spotlight last year when there were adverts via various mediums to promote the neuromorphic technology.

i’ve stated before I think this was to get the audience/customer used to hearing about the technology before they are asked to buy it!

It’s also because MB pride themselves on being technology leaders and want to be seen ushering in this science fiction beast!

Brainchip‘s price went up significantly on the information but because there was no immediate revenue to follow; as we all know it has deflated.

GOOGLE and LUMINAR were also massive new deals which is why they got some stage time.

Although we are a vital technology MB had many other product features of their new car to sell/promote today.

They are changing the way cars/features are bought and sold. For example features within the car can be paid for and turn on, or not paid for by the next owner and turned off; like a subscription model! One good thing for us is the safety features, e.g. sensors and Akida will be in all cars. Although there was a differentiation of a top end model which may be the inclusion of the Scala 3 lidar via Valeo.

MB articulated how much time, deliberation and effort went into deciding on their partners today. I’m sure that same time and effort went into choosing Brainchip. They have set themselves on a path to using us. They have done a heap of work, spent lots of time and money developing our technology in-house to suit their needs. I am not fearful we are going to be dumped… and if we were what current product is going to match Akida? How long would this set them back? This is a race to market therefore MB are going to follow their chosen path to success which includes Akida.

I’d also be very surprised if at some time LUMINAR doesn’t announce they are using Akida as well as they are going to need all the features we offer and between them and MB they have the expertise to put it together! MB already own a portion of LUMINAR therefore I thought that was always going to be a pathway for them to get their product chain as close to in-house as they could get it!

Also; If you think about it NVIDIA are already working with Brainchip as their software is receiving data from Akida so how long will it be before they use us in something else? This would be why Rob T said that he didn’t see them as competitors!

I saw todays media release as a big positive for Akida; although I agree it will take time to see the revenue I believe it will be worth the wait!

:)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 64 users

jtardif999

Regular
I unfortunately recall that last year Mercedes announced they would present on three new technologies one of which was neuromorphic and asked people to vote for the one they would like to hear about first.

I suggested that Mercedes like lawyers would not have asked this question unless they had focus grouped it and had a statistically accurate idea of which technology would win. In other words they asked this question believing they knew the answer.

I said that when neuromorphic won that Brainchip voters probably ruined Mercedes Benz’s plan and they would resolve that by simply delaying the neuromorphic presentation until it would have been given in any event which I suggested could be six months away.

Earlier this year (2023) Mercedes Benz confirmed that they would deliver the neuromorphic presentation but did not provide a date and I suggested it likely could be March if memory serves me correctly.

It is just my opinion of course but my poor logic tells me that if Mercedes’ Benz has a competition to build anticipation around a series of presentations they would be unlikely to lessen the impact of such presentations by revealing the same information at earlier events.

I also based on poor logic suggest that as Brainchip said late last year they were continuing to work with Mercedes Benz that in all likelihood full implementation aimed at implementing AKIDA technology at scale is still in design or at least still under test if design work has been finalised.

If this poor logic stands up then there is nothing at all to be read into the absence of a discussion of neuromorphic in any other presentation.

Then again it could be that Brainchip has been caste aside by Mercedes Benz and Brainchip are delaying advising the market and removing the Mercedes’ Benz logo because they know it would cause distress to shareholders.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
In this presentation today one of the presenters, I can’t remember which? - said (regarding the power aspects of MB.OS) there will be a separate presentation regarding power at a later date. There was a recent article (haven’t got the link but it was in this thread a week or so ago) describing how MB.OS is architected for power savings as taking inspiration from biology and how the OS schedules operations like the brain works with spikes queueing them until some configured threshold is achieved to save power. I’m hoping that what was said today regarding this extra presentation about power will perhaps showcase the part that Neuromorphic technology will play in this improved architecture and ultimately how this helps the car achieve a very competitive driving range. AIMO.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
Hello all

Just to serve as a reminder, this morning a well known poster with hundreds of posts in history, was automatically detected by forensic systems employed by my software, as using a duplicate / additional account with a more recent pest / troll account that appeared.

I will not name names, but, this should serve as a warning to others who think of doing this.

You may have ways of doing this, and avoiding detection for a while. But eventually, you will be identified, and quickly dispatched.

Note: this comes with a life-long ban. Any additional detections will then be automatically dispatched by the system.

Update: Also just to reaffirm for those who don't know - it is IMPOSSIBLE for anyone or any system to outright prevent misuse of said systems. This is a risk of the internet, technology, and even non-technology - that someone will find ways, to hide who they are, and create chaos.

You need only look in any direction in this day and age, and it is what you find.

But every effort is made to prevent what can be prevented.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 126 users
Top Bottom