BRN Discussion Ongoing

Right??

I'm not sure when it became ok to confuse cash receipts with revenue and suddenly declare no sales.
Are people just regurgitating things without checking it's true?
Yea this has been a frustration point of mine. Poeple don’t seem to appreciate the difference.

Reactions: 2 users

GazDix

Regular
No, Rise From the Ashes was before to see if he could password crack it so we can search through the data easier.
I manually went through the data and found out which companies are at our booth with us. But I may have missed one.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users
No, Rise From the Ashes was before to see if he could password crack it so we can search through the data easier.
I manually went through the data and found out which companies are at our booth with us. But I may have missed one.
This might help from my post last Thur?

I checked out the Embedded World site and appears BRN not appearing on their own as an Exhibitor yet (couldn't find them in a search) but I guess piggy backing with partners (existing...new?) or a late registration maybe?

You can check the floorplan and Exhibitor Listings in these links.

There is a sheet load gonna be there.

https://www.embedded-world.de/en/exhibitors-products/exhibitors

https://www.embedded-world.de/en/exhibit/plan-your-stand/floor-plan

Says we are at 2-238 which appears to be this one in Hall 2.

1676530764768.png

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover

I checked out the Embedded World site and appears BRN not appearing on their own as an Exhibitor yet (couldn't find them in a search) but I guess piggy backing with partners (existing...new?) or a late registration maybe?

1676530764768.png
Screenshot_20230221-125543_Drive.jpg

You need to look closer

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users
Ok what do reckon about the legalities of cracking this since it's a file from a business?
After cracking one would be able to modify the document.
I'm going to do the smart thing and just opt out of this.
N6UF.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

GazDix

Regular

1676530764768.png
Nice one, sorry, I missed your post. Yes, exciting stuff.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Mohd Amirrudin Esa​

Technology Leadership | Artificial Intelligence Data Science | UAV Robotics & Automation | Energy Sustainability | R&D | Product Development Smart Manufacturing | IR5.0 Cognitive Solutions

Brain-Inspired | Energy-Efficient | Lightning-Fast | NEUROMORPHIC

What do these pictures share in common?
- neuromorphic chip,
- mimic the structure & function of human brain
- use artificial neurons to process & transmit info
- learn and adapt to new information over time
- can perform computations in parallel,
- which can lead to more efficient processing
- can process sensory data, ie. images & sounds,
- make decisions based on that data
- energy-efficient, using only the necessary to perform a given task.

BrainChip, Intel, IBM and General Vision are among the leading companies developing neuromorphic chips at the moment.

- IBM, Intel, BrainChip, HRL Laboratories, and Applied Brain Research all offer neuromorphic computing hardware or software platforms for developing and testing artificial neural networks.
- IBM, Intel, and HRL Laboratories have each developed their own neuromorphic computing chips with unique features and designs.
- BrainChip's Akida chip is designed for edge computing applications such as image and speech recognition, while General Vision's NeuroMem technology can be used for tasks such as pattern recognition and anomaly detection.
- All of these companies are exploring ways to create more efficient and intelligent computer systems that can perform complex tasks by mimicking the structure and function of the human brain.

Neuromorphic chips are making edge AI better and more applicable by enabling AI algorithms to run directly on small devices, like sensors and drones, without needing to connect to a larger network. This is because neuromorphic chips are designed to process data in a way that is more similar to the human brain, allowing for more efficient and sophisticated computations. With these chips, edge devices can analyze and respond to data more quickly and accurately, which is essential for real-time applications like autonomous vehicles and smart sensors.

What many still do not realize is that these computations using neuromorphic architecture might soon challenge the performance of traditional architecture Supercomputer! but in much smaller size, more energy efficient and easily deployable.

#technology #data #development #energyefficiency #YOLO #python #AISoftware #objectdetection #autonomousmobility #potholes #autonomousdriving #drone #dronetech #smartuav #roadsafety #autonomousvehicles #ai #artificialintelligence #robotics #artificialneuralnetwork #edgecomputing #intelligentautomation #automation #convolutionalneuralnetworks #computervision #machinevision #imagerecognition #objectdetection #datascience #machinelearning #automation #digitaltransformation #innovation #neuralnetwork #InstanceSegmentation #safety #algorithms #future #digital #assetmonitoring #edgecomputing #edgeai #Akidachip #processor #semiconductor #computerchips #MinskyAIengine #lowpower #cognitiveanalytics #computervision #embeddedsystems #iiot #aiot #neuromorphic #internetofthings #autonomoussolution #autonomoussystems #anomalydetection #dronetechnology #5g #industrialautomation #generativeai #generativemodel #oilandgasindustry #powerindustry #industrialrobotics #robotics #distributedcomputing #droneautonomy #machineautonomy #cognitivesolutions

View attachment 30150
Does that many hash tags, increase the visibility of the article?

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

VictorG

According to RT, BRN will be located at booth 2-238 at the Embedded World 2023.
According to Embedded World's website, a company called AIZIP is in booth 2-238

AIZIP doesn't list BRN as partners but they do say they have new partnerships to be announced shortly.
Interestingly though AIZIP's link to their partnership with Renesas describes everything Akida does.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 55 users

Slade

Top 20
Behind the scenes Megachips is bringing Spiking Neural Networks (SNN) to Universities.

Collaborative Projects with Japanese Universities​

MegaChips is also collaborating with universities in Japan to take on the challenge of achieving new innovations.
This is an initiative for MegaChips’ mid- to long-term sustainable growth, which will contribute to the resolution of regional and social issues through collaboration with universities.

1. Collaborative Project with Nara Institute of Science and Technology​

logo

Purpose of Research​

MegaChips is promoting the edge AI business as a new business to achieve a sustainable society. We have embarked on collaborative research with the Nara Institute of Science and Technology concerning “high-speed robot controls” by applying Spiking Neural Network (SNN) to high-rate 3D sensors.

Background of Project Launch​

The edge AI that MegaChips is working on aims AI branded sensors that directly connect the sensor to AI process. The data is then processed by the edge device into information required for the robotic system, which is passed on to the controller. By doing so, the entire system’s transmission volume can be reduced, resulting in an overall improvement of the entire system’s speed and latency. Especially in the industrial/FA field, high-speed and low-latency systems are desired for use cases, such as robotic arms and automated guided vehicles. In the industrial/FA field, we are starting research about AI-based action planning and high-speed control design of robots, with the aim of contributing to improved safety and work efficiency of robotic and other systems.

Research Initiatives​

Our goal is to establish technology for high-speed control (reflexive motion) of robots and provide technical feedback to our products to improve the superiority of our business.

• Application of low power consumption and high-speed processing AI HW by SNN to robots
  • Investigation of quantization algorithm for model reduction and its application to reinforcement learning

2. Collaborative Project with Tokyo Metropolitan University​

logo

Purpose of Research​

We are promoting business expansion in the growing markets of AI, robotics, and other fields. In collaboration with Tokyo Metropolitan University, we have commenced research on initiatives related to “Robot Intelligence Innovation Based on Local 5G for Super Real-Time Tracking” to realize a highly advanced, networked society in which everything is connected to the Web and equipped with AI technology.

Background of Joint Research​

The high-performance, compact, and ultra-low power consumption technology of edge AI that we are working on can contribute to the automation and autonomy of robots, such as personal mobility and automated guided vehicles. MegaChips is also participating in a consortium for a local 5G project. We aim to strategically launch and grow new businesses by building trust with new partners through proactive communication and the acquisition of new knowledge in the robotics field, where the market is expected to expand.

Research Initiatives​

In collaboration with the consortium members, we will identify issues and study prototyping for social implementation. MegaChips is responsible for the systematization infrastructure and will take on the challenge of achieving a society in which intelligent technology and robotic technology are integrated.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 53 users
Hey @Slade you given up drinking beer?😂
I miss those pics of you having a brew in beautiful background settings.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

TechGirl

Founding Member

Prophesee named to La French Tech 120​

PARIS – February 20, 2023 – Prophesee today announced it was named to the French Tech Next120 list, a recognition and support program for top startups from the French government. The prestigious annual list recognizes France’s highest performing startups confirmed by the amount of funds raised and/or hypergrowth of their revenues. Coming off a fundraise round that elevated the company to be the EU’s most well-funded fabless semiconductor startup, inclusion in the FT120 further solidifies Prophesee’s unique position as a European leader in the vision sensors ecosystem.

“We are pleased to have La French Tech’s support for our company’s vision. This recognition not only validates our strategy but underscores the growing importance of investment in deep tech, and semiconductors specifically here,” said Luca Verre, co-founder and CEO of Prophesee. “We are confident that France can be a significant actor in driving innovation across the global electronics industry in important sectors such as consumer devices, IoT, Industry 4.0 and automation. Our success in establishing a worldwide ecosystem and fast-growing community of 7,000+ partners, developers and innovators around our event-based vision approach is a testament to that.”

Launched in 2019 by the Mission French Tech, the French Tech Next40/120 is a program for the Government to support the most successful French start-ups, who have the potential to become world-class technology leaders. Selection criteria: The selection criteria for the class of 2023 were particularly demanding. The program is aimed at start-ups with the most potential, selected according to two complementary approaches:

fundraising, testifying to the trust investors have in these companies: they had to have raised at least €40 million between 2020 and 2022, a threshold that has doubled in relation to the class of 2022 (40 companies selected among those eligible, in order of fundraising).
hyper-growth, which testifies to the trust of these companies’ clients: they had to demonstrate a turnover of at least €10 million during the last closed fiscal year and showing an average growth of at least 25% during the last three closed fiscal years (40 companies selected from those eligible, in order of revenue).

Find all the information on the French Tech Next40/120 on the Mission French Tech website: www.lafrenchtech.com/en

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users
Nice one, sorry, I missed your post. Yes, exciting stuff.
Missing posts easy to do round here with so much info and digging by everyone :)

• Love

Damo4

Regular
Hey all, apologies if already been posted but I couldn't see it in the 3 seconds of searching I performed :sneaky:
Looks like the results were published in Nov 22.
Obviously not Akida but a great read on what NM tech is capable of.

Neuromorphic semiconductor device achieves world's highest handwriting pattern recognition rate

Neuromorphic semiconductor device achieves world's highest handwriting pattern recognition rate​

by National Research Council of Science & Technology

The world's highest level of handwriting pattern recognition rate!

A diagram of battery material-incorporated next-generation neuromorphic semiconductor device with high-density and high-reliability (left) Photo and handwriting pattern recognition accuracy of a 3-terminal-based device with high density made of a thin film of lithium-ion (right). Credit: Korea Institute of Materials Science (KIMS)
A research team led by Dr. Yong-hun Kim and Dr. Jeong-Dae Kwon has successfully developed the world's first neuromorphic semiconductor device with high-density and high-reliability by developing a thin film of lithium-ion battery materials. They achieved this by producing ultra-thin lithium ions, a key material of lithium-ion batteries that have been in the spotlight recently, and combining it with two-dimensional nano-materials. The research team is from the Surface & Nano Materials Division at the Korea Institute of Materials Science (KIMS).

A neuromorphic semiconductor device has synapses and neurons similar to the human brain, which processes and memorizes information. The synaptic device receives signals from neurons and modulates the synaptic weight (connection strength) in various ways to simultaneously process and store information. In particular, the linearity and symmetry of synaptic weights enables various pattern recognition with low power.
Traditional methods for controlling synaptic weights use charge traps between interfaces of heterogeneous materials or oxygen ions. In this case, however, it is difficult to control the movement of ions in the desired direction according to the external electric field. The researchers solved this problem with an artificial intelligence semiconductor device with high density by developing a thin film process while maintaining the mobility of lithium ions according to the external electric field. The thin film—with a thickness of several tens of nanometers—enables fine pattern processing while controlling the thickness of the wafer scale.
The research team developed the film using a vacuum sputtering deposition method that is used in general semiconductor processing. The thickness of the deposited film is less than 100 nanometers. After a transistor-type device on a silicon wafer substrate is manufactured and when an electric field is applied from the outside, the lithium ions in the charged lithium thin film move so that the conductivity of the channel can be precisely controlled.
The research team implemented an artificial neural network learning pattern using this synapse device and developed handwriting image pattern recognition. The artificial intelligence semiconductor device shows a handwriting pattern recognition rate of about 96.77% by maintaining the characteristics of finely adjusted synaptic weight even in an electric field repeated more than 500 times.
The research team stated, "Our next-generation neuromorphic semiconductor device does not require CPU and memory, the traditional Von Neumann-type information processing device and information storage device. It can simultaneously process and store information and learns and recognizes images such as handwriting patterns. It is expected to be applied to various low-power artificial intelligence devices such as world-class neuromorphic hardware systems, haptic devices, and vision sensors."
The results of the research were published in ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces on November 17, 2022. The research team is conducting follow-up research on low-power artificial intelligence devices and wearable edging devices

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

Slade

Top 20
Hey @Slade you given up drinking beer?😂
I miss those pics of you having a brew in beautiful background settings.
No @Rise from the ashes I still enjoy a beer in a nice location. I will bring back the beer pics when we hit $5 and are all in full party mode.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users
Firstly if others want to go back and check I warned against the euphoria that some greeted the admission of Brainchip into the ASX200. (I warned all at the time it would bring to the company a new level of short activity. I suggested this would not be good for the share price and short term investors.)

And it did.

Early in the HOT Ukraine war I warned that this war was going to crush economic activity in the EU, UK and as a result hurt the US at a time when it was flexing its muscles in a trade war with China.

And it did.

I also stated that all these Global storms would however work to Australia’s advantage. I said China needed Australia more than Australia needed China. I said that Europe & the UK needed Australia to fill in the energy gap left by Russia destroying for decades to come any thoughts that Europeans and British peoples had that Russia could be a reliable trading partner. I also pointed to the unsavoury fact that Brainchip would benefit from the resultant increase in military spending by the US and its allies.

And it did.

I said many times the lucky country would continue to prove it was the Economic Miracle.

And it did.

While Brainchip is an Australian born company like Atlassian it too is not a company that finds its success in Australia. As the CEO Sean Hehir said at the AGM shareholders need ‘to get their heads out of their backsides’ and accept that Brainchip is an international company. (He did not use ‘their heads out of their backsides’ line but this was his intent.) Brainchip’s future is international and as such it is subject to all the economic and trading headwinds that circulate in the international economy. It cannot shelter from these forces by hiding away in the economic miracle and become a technology giant. It has to go international.

And it did.

Against this background of increased short activity by ASX200 practitioners including activist shorts, global supply chain disruption, trade wars involving Russia, China, USA and Western countries Brainchip warned of a slow down in the markets it inhabits. Despite these factors Brainchip pushes to grow its ecosystem and increase its sales and marketing efforts across the globe.

And it did.

As for sales cycles I pointed firstly to Prophesee and Sony and it’s shortly to be released mass market vision sensor. Why because it is a perfect example of a neuromorphic product being sold to and developed by a non neuromorphic global company. The evidence is clear Prophesee and Sony commenced working together in 2020. It is now 2023. Time to market at least three years. Despite this great engagement Prophesee raised $50 million in capital late last year to keep the doors open. Substantial income clearly unlikely to start to flow from Sony to Prophesee before end 2023.

But it will.

Renesas announced by Brainchip as an IP purchaser 23.12.20. Renesas announces tape out of AKIDA powered chip just recently with mass production late 2023. Income will flow in 2024.

And it will.

Socionext VP of Sales committed to assisting Brainchip to commercialise the AKIDA product family and just a month or so before the full commercial release of the AKD1000 in 2021 Socionext commenced to promote AKD1000 at trade fairs using the AKD1000 engineering samples as demonstrators. In January, 2023 Socionext announced at CES that they have a range of AKIDA based automotive solutions for customer consideration.

And they are.

Mercedes Benz revealed they were working with Brainchip at CES2022 with vehicles coming to market in 2024 and Brainchip have stated they continue to work with Mercedes Benz to achieve this end.

And they will.

Nviso struggled to find traction in the market place for 11 years and now having discovered Brainchip’s AKIDA solution is finally able to realise its ambition.

And it will.

Prophesee was building a glass house until it was completed by Brainchip’s AKIDA after having first contact with Adam Osseiran 6 years ago is looking towards a commercial engagement.

And it will.

Intel, ARM & SiFive having been announced over 2022 are engaged in marketing Brainchip’s AKIDA solution along with Edge Impulse.

And they are.

MegaChips having first discovered Brainchip’s AKIDA technology solution in 2020 set about creating a section within its organisation of engineers trained in and dedicated to the use and implementation of the AKIDA technology solution and in late 2021 they with Brainchip announced the purchase of a full AKIDA IP licence and set about marketing AKIDA based solutions to their customer base.

And they do.

So just like the Little Red Hen who found some grain and wanted to make bread despite the criticism of the other animals in the barnyard who are lazy or ignorant and not prepared to suffer the hard work and delays involved in taking wheat through the process necessary to become bread Brainchip just keeps forging ahead in an industry where from first customer contact to product on shelf is three years plus and where paradigm shifting is slightly more difficult than alchemy.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Apologies to the classically trained but I am reading to an audience of under 2 year olds where The Little Red Hen rules.
"Apologies to the classically trained but I am reading to an audience of under 2 year olds where The Little Red Hen rules"

Sometimes, it seems you are posting to same 🤔... 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users

HarryCool1

Regular
"Apologies to the classically trained but I am reading to an audience of under 2 year olds where The Little Red Hen rules"

giphy.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!

He's back, but with the gloves off. 🤣
Love it. 🤣

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
This is a non party political news item relevant to all those here who are trying to plan for their retirement by investing in superannuation and look to governments of all persuasions to provide a level of certainty around the tax laws covering same so that they can live a happy and secure life in retirement and not call upon the public purse.

The above article is confirming that promises regarding how your superannuation will be dealt with and taxed are far from sacred.

Both sides of government constantly screwed with my ability to plan and save for retirement and forced me to enter the stock market. I was lucky I had the skill set to do so as it turned out but many if not most do not so those who adopt a less risky road to retirement security kept being screwed over as rules changed every ten minutes.

My opinion only but all sides of politics throw out these types of press releases to see how the public react. If you are as I know many here are attempting to build your retirement wealth do not be a wall flower make you views known to your party of choice if you do not want the rug pulled out from under your retirement.
Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 45 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
Firstly if others want to go back and check I warned against the euphoria that some greeted the admission of Brainchip into the ASX200. (I warned all at the time it would bring to the company a new level of short activity. I suggested this would not be good for the share price and short term investors.)

And it did.

Early in the HOT Ukraine war I warned that this war was going to crush economic activity in the EU, UK and as a result hurt the US at a time when it was flexing its muscles in a trade war with China.

And it did.

I also stated that all these Global storms would however work to Australia’s advantage. I said China needed Australia more than Australia needed China. I said that Europe & the UK needed Australia to fill in the energy gap left by Russia destroying for decades to come any thoughts that Europeans and British peoples had that Russia could be a reliable trading partner. I also pointed to the unsavoury fact that Brainchip would benefit from the resultant increase in military spending by the US and its allies.

And it did.

I said many times the lucky country would continue to prove it was the Economic Miracle.

And it did.

While Brainchip is an Australian born company like Atlassian it too is not a company that finds its success in Australia. As the CEO Sean Hehir said at the AGM shareholders need ‘to get their heads out of their backsides’ and accept that Brainchip is an international company. (He did not use ‘their heads out of their backsides’ line but this was his intent.) Brainchip’s future is international and as such it is subject to all the economic and trading headwinds that circulate in the international economy. It cannot shelter from these forces by hiding away in the economic miracle and become a technology giant. It has to go international.

And it did.

Against this background of increased short activity by ASX200 practitioners including activist shorts, global supply chain disruption, trade wars involving Russia, China, USA and Western countries Brainchip warned of a slow down in the markets it inhabits. Despite these factors Brainchip pushes to grow its ecosystem and increase its sales and marketing efforts across the globe.

And it did.

As for sales cycles I pointed firstly to Prophesee and Sony and it’s shortly to be released mass market vision sensor. Why because it is a perfect example of a neuromorphic product being sold to and developed by a non neuromorphic global company. The evidence is clear Prophesee and Sony commenced working together in 2020. It is now 2023. Time to market at least three years. Despite this great engagement Prophesee raised $50 million in capital late last year to keep the doors open. Substantial income clearly unlikely to start to flow from Sony to Prophesee before end 2023.

But it will.

Renesas announced by Brainchip as an IP purchaser 23.12.20. Renesas announces tape out of AKIDA powered chip just recently with mass production late 2023. Income will flow in 2024.

And it will.

Socionext VP of Sales committed to assisting Brainchip to commercialise the AKIDA product family and just a month or so before the full commercial release of the AKD1000 in 2021 Socionext commenced to promote AKD1000 at trade fairs using the AKD1000 engineering samples as demonstrators. In January, 2023 Socionext announced at CES that they have a range of AKIDA based automotive solutions for customer consideration.

And they are.

Mercedes Benz revealed they were working with Brainchip at CES2022 with vehicles coming to market in 2024 and Brainchip have stated they continue to work with Mercedes Benz to achieve this end.

And they will.

Nviso struggled to find traction in the market place for 11 years and now having discovered Brainchip’s AKIDA solution is finally able to realise its ambition.

And it will.

Prophesee was building a glass house until it was completed by Brainchip’s AKIDA after having first contact with Adam Osseiran 6 years ago is looking towards a commercial engagement.

And it will.

Intel, ARM & SiFive having been announced over 2022 are engaged in marketing Brainchip’s AKIDA solution along with Edge Impulse.

And they are.

MegaChips having first discovered Brainchip’s AKIDA technology solution in 2020 set about creating a section within its organisation of engineers trained in and dedicated to the use and implementation of the AKIDA technology solution and in late 2021 they with Brainchip announced the purchase of a full AKIDA IP licence and set about marketing AKIDA based solutions to their customer base.

And they do.

So just like the Little Red Hen who found some grain and wanted to make bread despite the criticism of the other animals in the barnyard who are lazy or ignorant and not prepared to suffer the hard work and delays involved in taking wheat through the process necessary to become bread Brainchip just keeps forging ahead in an industry where from first customer contact to product on shelf is three years plus and where paradigm shifting is slightly more difficult than alchemy.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Apologies to the classically trained but I am reading to an audience of under 2 year olds where The Little Red Hen rules.
l1J9vZJyYVN4GR5UA.gif

• Haha
Top Bottom