I wander what input NASA and DOD have nudged over to Peter
I wander, lonely as a cloud.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

Tata Tele Business Services
Tata Tele Business Services

our award-winning cloud communication suite that allows intelligent location-based routing for seamless anytime, anywhere communication.

Benefits of Using Cloud Communication from Tata Tele​

From delivering an enhanced customer experience to helping cut operational costs, Smartflo simplifies communication for businesses.

Reactions: 8 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

C-DAC developing India’s first indigenous microprocessor​

C-DAC’s roadmap for processors is aimed at helping the country become self-reliant in microprocessors development using indigenous design.

“It is a low power, low footprint and low-cost chip which could be deployed for wider applications,” he said. The technology has been developed and distributed to institutes to further development. They had set an ambitious target of meeting at least 10% of the country’s microprocessor requirement, Ethirajan said.

.................C-DAC has signed a contract with VVDN Technologies for the manufacturing of C-DAC’s Rudra servers. These servers will be used in the upcoming PARAM series of supercomputers to be built under NSM. Rudra server is designed as a dense form factor and targeted for HPC and hyperscale data centres. The transfer of technology for manufacturing of C-DAC’s Rudra server was already under process.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Earlyrelease

Regular
"however in TD's letter he states that the Akida1500 tape out was because of direct engagement with customers"

When the news of the AKD1500 came out the other week, I did find it strange and was of the opinion either the AKD500 or 2000 would be next. One thought that did come to me at the time was this - Brainchip has shown their AKD1000 to all of the NDA co's and other announced companies and we would assume they are all impressed with the technology. The fact that little revenue has come from all these excited companies is that they were aware of what Brainchip had available in the near future(at that time) and would only commit once they see the AKD1500 work for their application with the increased functionality. Once the AKD1500 is proven, the floodgates will open.

An analogy to this is why would someone want to buy the 2022 model of a vehicle, when they know that the 2023 model, just around the corner, offers additional functionality and performance?
JK.
I just thought I would share with you my thoughts on this matter.

I don't see the Akida 1000 then 1500 then 2000 etc to be a lineal process where the product is the next model up or better in your terms as a newer model.

I see the Akida 1000 as the base model where the genesis of the technology lies, while the 1500, 2000 etc etc, contain the basic functions of the 1000 albeit now the 1500 has a bolt component better suited to deliver the akida 1000 functionality to a slightly different customer base and or purposes.

So using an analogy of motor vehicles. You can buy a base model 7 seater Nissan Pathfinder 2WD or spend more and get the TI version (flash model with leather trim etc) or you can go to the 4x4 version starting from the base model up to the flash model.

Does this vehicle have the same chassis, engine, dashboard and other stuff. In general yes but they use the base model to refine to each customers specific purpose. So a city family city may want the 7 seats but not the 4x4, but the young couple may not want the 7 seats rather the wagon to sleep in whilst 4x4 around the country.

Thats how I see our great technology being used by the company.

PS I am not technical, but I am sure Dodgy Kness may offer some resemblance of support to this concept or blown this theory away totally.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai

Peter Moon and Steve Vizard, what a classic, thanks for sharing JK,:love: made my night.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
I read today Nintendo may be releasing the next version of Switch in 2024, and not doing a lot in 2023, not even many new games announced, indicating they are likely winding back support for current Switch to focus on the new one - Think the original switch was 2017, so they are definitely due.

Its really hard to find any Nintendo development info though - tight ship
Apparently Nintendo scrapped updating current switch at the11th hour in favor of a whole new platform.
My uneducated guess is that this new platform will contain Petes love child, baby Akida, I think it's more than just wishful thinking.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

Diogenese

Top 20
JK.
I just thought I would share with you my thoughts on this matter.

I don't see the Akida 1000 then 1500 then 2000 etc to be a lineal process where the product is the next model up or better in your terms as a newer model.

I see the Akida 1000 as the base model where the genesis of the technology lies, while the 1500, 2000 etc etc, contain the basic functions of the 1000 albeit now the 1500 has a bolt component better suited to deliver the akida 1000 functionality to a slightly different customer base and or purposes.

So using an analogy of motor vehicles. You can buy a base model 7 seater Nissan Pathfinder 2WD or spend more and get the TI version (flash model with leather trim etc) or you can go to the 4x4 version starting from the base model up to the flash model.

Does this vehicle have the same chassis, engine, dashboard and other stuff. In general yes but they use the base model to refine to each customers specific purpose. So a city family city may want the 7 seats but not the 4x4, but the young couple may not want the 7 seats rather the wagon to sleep in whilst 4x4 around the country.

Thats how I see our great technology being used by the company.

PS I am not technical, but I am sure Dodgy Kness may offer some resemblance of support to this concept or blown this theory away totally.

I don't think Akida 1500 is the same as the original Akida 1500.

Akida roadmap 2021:

1675766511089.png

The original was supposed to have LSTM and transformers. I don't know if they are still included.

If anything, this Akida 1500 is the el cheapo version.

I believe it does not have the ARM Cortex processor, thus it saves the licence fee to ARM.

It does have the 22nm FD-SOI tech, which NASA has recently decided is desirable for space. This will have reduced leakage, making it more energy-efficient, and have a smaller footprint because of the removal of the ARM MCU. The Akida NN will be configurable via whatever processor Akida is accelerating.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 56 users

mototrans

Regular
From memory, most of Megachips revenue is from Nintendo. If we can make our way into their next console and controllers, we may end up in 80% of their products? That would be a nice earner as Nintendo sell about 20 million consoles a year.
If you look into some of the products that keep circling BRN.. they all seem to be associated with the ARM 9 series boards , even the model number ARM946E
From Nintendo
nintendo.JPG

From Socionext
socionext.JPG

Given that the ARM946E has been around since the year 2000, it makes complete sense that Brainchip could be part of the evolution of ARMs "Performance" board..

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Fenris78

Regular
Apparently Nintendo scrapped updating current switch at the11th hour in favor of a whole new platform.
My uneducated guess is that this new platform will contain Petes love child, baby Akida, I think it's more than just wishful thinking.
From memory... Nintendo made this decision about the same time as Megachips signed up for the IP license with Brainchip. I agree... not just wishful thinking.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
From memory... Nintendo made this decision about the same time as Megachips signed up for the IP license with Brainchip. I agree... not just wishful thinking.
For shits and giggles,
20m units per year sold at 400 buks a pop ish, SAY 1% of this to brainchip. 80m per year revenue, all profit, pe of 30 is 2.4b value just for this single use case

Probably dreaming...

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20

And Nintendo is known to push boundaries and try new technology. They have always been happy to let Sony/Xbox and even Sega/Neo Geo back in the day "beat" them on pure graphics output but they have always had a bit of twist to their consoles/handhelds. The Wii had the motion controls, DS had dual screens, the switch can be played docked to a TV or handheld. Hopefully, they are taking a chance on our new tech. No idea how they would integrate it but the Japanese tend to think outside the box!

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 25 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
For shits and giggles,
20m units per year sold at 400 buks a pop ish, SAY 1% of this to brainchip. 80m per year revenue, all profit, pe of 30 is 2.4b value just for this single use case

Probably dreaming...

I like your dream but hasn't it been thrown around that we would only get a royalty of about 50 cents to $1 per chip? Assuming there is only one instance of akida in each console, it is more likely $10-20 million per annum. Still amazing given it is from one customer and one use case.

If we are also in each controller (Nintendo usually splits their controller into 2 so would require one in each) then you could double or triple the number above.

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

cassip

Regular
Tweed of BMW one day ago:

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
I like your dream but hasn't it been thrown around that we would only get a royalty of about 50 cents to $1 per chip? Assuming there is only one instance of akida in each console, it is more likely $10-20 million per annum. Still amazing given it is from one customer and one use case.

If we are also in each controller (Nintendo usually splits their controller into 2 so would require one in each) then you could double or triple the number above.
I think the price per chip is still up in the air and would most likely change with each individual contract conditions.

Ha ha ha HA ha, ha ha ha HA ha, ha ha ha HA ha, hehehehehehehe!”
Loved that cartoon

This bird definitely liked saving 320 kg of acorns 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

charles2

Regular
Focus on AI like this can't be bad for Brainchip (even if it originates from via MF)
Our day will come and it may be an explosion of interest and $$$

And for great fun look at the chart of AI since the start of 2023

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 42 users

goodvibes

Regular

And on LinkedIn

BrainChip and AI Labs target future predictive maintenance​

Business news | February 7, 2023
By Jean-Pierre Joosting
AI NEUROMORPHICPREDICTIVE MAINTENANCEAIOT IP

BrainChip Holdings Ltd, a producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, has announced a partnership with AI Labs to collaborate on next-generation application development leveraging the Minsky™ AI Engine.

System health monitoring is a critical use case in industrial efficiency and productivity. As machines and processes get more complex, the ability to detect anomalies, identify challenges, predict impacts becomes increasingly difficult. Especially when those changes are barely discernible as standard machine diagnostics or discernable to human observation. A combination of the Minsky AI Engine, smart models, and the sensory inference capabilities of BrainChip’s Akida™ provides a compelling and cost-effective solution to these real-world problems.

“Minsky is the most easy-to-use, proprietary, enterprise-grade AI engine that does not require data scientists or software developers to model and run predictions,” said Bhasker Rao, Founder of Ai Labs. “When optimized for BrainChip’s neuromorphic IP platform, the result will fuel rapid growth in the industrial AIoT space. Together with BrainChip’s Akida IP and MetaTF™, we can radically improve development and deployment of predictive maintenance applications, such as vibration analysis, gas sensing, temperature sensing and others, preventing costly potential failures and reducing machine downtime. This streamlines processes and increases industrial efficiency and profitability.”

Additionally, since similar machines do not all fail the same way or at the same rate, models may have to be customized for different production lines. This is where Akida’s on-device learning capability provides a differentiated and secure approach to intelligent customization.

“Technological advancements in industrial infrastructure such as oil exploration, manufacturing, mining, transportation to mention a few, have enabled some amazing features that make for a better customer experience, but they also have created additional points of failure that can be difficult to assess,” said Rob Telson, VP of Ecosystems and Partnerships at BrainChip. “Using a combination of AI Labs, the Minsky AI Engine and our Akida platform, we are providing a way to intelligently identify points of failure, predict issues and proactively fix them before they happen. This intelligence is a game changer.”

www.brainchip.com

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users
Not saying that Brainchip is involved here but very interesting how the range and efficiency on this upcoming 2024 MB eVan has increased so much since the previous 2019 model, the author can't believe how this is possible.

"However, we weren’t exactly impressed by the latter as the original version unveiled in 2019 had only two small battery pack options resulting in a very limited range of just over 100 km.

It also wasn’t made available in North America, but now all that is changing with the 2024 Mercedes-Benz eSprinter unveiled today.

We already had a pretty good idea that the new eSprinter would be a big improvement, with a range test last year showing an option would have as much as 500 km (300 miles) of range on a single charge."

"In fact, the increase in efficiency is so high that it’s hard to believe. The current eSprinter is rated at 1.6mi/kWh, and this test showed the 2024 model with an almost 50% increase in efficiency.

Frankly, we don’t know how this is possible, especially with a larger and, thus, presumably heavier battery."

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 31 users

PRESS RELEASE​

Revolutionizing Age Verification: NVISO Japan and Privately SA Join Forces for Cutting-Edge AI Technology in Digital Kiosks​

7th February, 2023​

NVISO Japan and Privately SA join forces to bring advanced age verification technology to digital kiosks. The solution offers secure, safe and engaging experiences while maintaining privacy and enhancing interactivity for digital kiosks and interactive avatars.​

Yokohama, Japan – 7th February 2023

NVISO Japan KK, a subsidiary of the leading Human Behavioural Analytics AI company NVISO SA, has signed a binding Heads of Agreement with Privately SA, a provider of age verification solutions.

The partnership aims to revolutionize the digital kiosk industry by combining NVISO's advanced AI technology and Privately's privacy-by-design age verification technology. The result will be secure and engaging experiences for customers while offering businesses a way to comply with age restrictions while maintaining privacy. This innovative technology, which combines ease of use and efficiency, will provide peace of mind for both businesses and customers.

Digital kiosks equipped with this innovative technology will use cameras and microphones to verify a customer’s age quickly and accurately while offering unprecedented data protection and privacy to users. These systems will utilize advanced facial analysis algorithms and voice analysis to determine the age of the customer by making kiosk cameras and microphones ‘age-aware’. This applies a quick, discreet process and does not require any personal information to be collected or stored in central servers.

This technology is particularly useful for industries of restricted retail, where strict age verification laws are in place. Digital kiosks equipped with this technology will be better able to ensure that only customers who meet the age requirement are able/allowed to purchase restricted products, reducing the risk of underage sales and countering the growing problem of stolen or borrowed ID cards.

The HOA will provide NVISO with access to Privately’s software development kit (SDK) for the purpose of building integrations into NVISO’s holistic platform that features predictive analytics tied to emotional and transactional outcomes. These integrations will be designed to work along with interactive digital avatars that are able to understand various behavioral and emotional facets of their interactors through eye tracking and facial detection. Combining these integrations with NVISO's Human Behaviour AI will enhance the customer experience by providing personalized and engaging interactions. Further, the technology can track and analyze customer behavior, which will enable businesses to offer bespoke interactions through recommendations and promotions.

age_business_regulations_2.png

Privately’s product suite will provide Age Verification to the NVISO platform with:

• Full preservation of privacy as it operates completely “on-device” with “Zero-data” implementation.
  • Multimodal support– can use face, voice or both and includes anti-spoofing and liveness.
  • Continuous Improvement using federated learning techniques that can be deployed to continuously improve system accuracy across age/gender/race.
  • Independent certification and regulatory approvals both in the UK (UKAS) and in Germany (KJM), with UK GDPR certification expected shortly. The UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has also audited Privately’s age assurance service and calls it a ‘Zero-Data’ implementation.

Privately CEO, Deepak Tewari commented: “Privately is excited to be partnering with NVISO on this collaboration which will initially target the Japanese retail market. In Japan the use of automation in computer-to-human interactions using digital characters is well established and NVISO’s presence and expertise in Japan brings significant added value in terms of it being able to address the market for deployment of digital avatars for customer interactions.”

“Deploying Privately’s privacy-preserving age verification technology with digital avatars humanised with behavioral detection brings powerful AI-based automation into digital kiosks enabling a complete range of retail transactions from customised age-appropriate interaction with customers to those needing the ability to facilitate or restrict access to restricted goods and services. Of course, the applicability of similar age-verified transactions extends to many other sectors beyond retail.”

NVISO delivers solutions for a wide range of use cases including those in the areas of Smart Living, Smart Mobility, and Smart Health. This is achieved through a range of AI Apps providing visual observation, perception and semantic reasoning capabilities, in supporting autonomous “human-like” interactions. NVISO is already working with partners to demonstrate and then deliver an Interactive Digital Avatar and to promote and sell this solution in the Japanese market targeting products such as digital kiosks.

NVISO AI Apps are specifically designed for resource-constrained low-power and low-memory hardware platforms deployed at the extreme edge. These AI Apps analyze core signals of human behavior, such as body movements, facial expressions, emotions, identity, head pose, gaze, eye state, gestures, or activities, and identify objects with which users interact. In addition, these AI Apps can be optimized for typically resource-constrained, low-power and low-cost processing platforms deployed on the edge, as demonstrated with ultra-compact models such as the Emotion Recognition AI App with less than 100KB of memory. Furthermore, NVISO AI Apps can be easily configured to suit specific camera systems for optimal performance in terms of distance and camera angle, and thanks to NVISO’s large-scale proprietary human behavior databases, NVISO’s AI Apps are robust to the imaging conditions often found in real-world deployments. Unlike cloud-based solutions, NVISO’s solutions do not require information to be sent off-device for processing elsewhere, so user privacy and safety can be protected.

“Increasing efforts by customer-centric firms to provide emotionally engaging experiences to customers is a key factor driving adoption of digital human avatars globally in systems such as Digital Kiosks,” said Colin Mason, Country Manager of NVISO Japan K.K. “There is strong demand to provide enhanced Age Verification during automated transaction processes for those products and services where age restrictions apply in order to protect vulnerable users, while at the same time providing strict privacy protection to all users.”

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 41 users
Top Bottom