BRN Discussion Ongoing

VictorG

I don't think so VG;
1500 was meant to come ahead of 2000.
And note how AKD2000 is the ''optimized version'' of AKD1500.

View attachment 28915
The thing that sent me into a head spin was TD's statement - "the Akida1500 tape out was because of direct engagement with customers".
Why would TD say that if it had nothing to do with customer engagement as it was the next scheduled role out anyway.
I'm probably clutching at straws.

• Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

toasty

Regular
The thing that sent me into a head spin was TD's statement - "the Akida1500 tape out was because of direct engagement with customers".
Why would TD say that if it had nothing to do with customer engagement as it was the next scheduled role out anyway.
I don't think theres any straws involved. Remember what happened with the first iteration of the product after it was given to EAP's???

Reactions: 7 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
EAPs would have the option imo.

Reactions: 4 users

toasty

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

mkm109

Regular
So I believe that this forum is set up to self regulate, correct? So below is a list of threads for people to discuss topics. I suggest that if you feel a comment is on the incorrect thread, then if we all report the post it will be removed and in time then people will get the jist that we want certain discussion on certain threads. Saves having to skim the BS posts that are not needed on the main board. IMO and I'm always right.
View attachment 28917
except when I'm not.
I think this is a sensible way to address the problem

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
2288080-Ralph-Marston-Quote-Being-positive-does-not-mean-ignoring-the.jpg

Let's be positive.

Remember once a famous person said ''Let's be kind to each other''?

Take it easy guys.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

jtardif999

Regular
Brilliant! Let's go with the person who hasn't produced one sale in a year. And let's do that again next year. And keep doing that.
You should see the in-depth analysis that even football clubs go to to appoint a new coach. You'd be astounded.
You’re digging yourself a deep hole here… maybe just ease back on the throttle a little bring her in for a safe landing 😎. Me and many others here were sitting on 60-70% losses for nearly 2 years when the share price was languishing at around 6c. I believe we will all reap the benefit of this company’s (imo), expert timing and positioning in the industry over the next few years.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
Was just skimming a paper from last years NeurIPS conference.

The authors listed responses to some questions and one answer in particular to an official Reviewer question was good to see.

Hope they take note and we get some enquiries along this line of research as well.

Hybrid Neural Autoencoders for Stimulus Encoding in Visual and Other Sensory Neuroprostheses​

Question.

5. What is computational burden of these Encoder? Since they are for implantable applications this would be an important metric. Latency for such computing these models. Definitely cannot use NVIDIA GPU for the implanted application. How would this scale

Answer.

We agree that further discussion on deployment is necessary, and have added a deployment section in the Discussion to address this (lines 299-303). To summarize, the encoder inference time for a single target MNIST image is 1.2 ms on a Nvidia 3090 GPU and 4.1ms on a single-core 2.1GHz CPU, and the saved model takes 5.3MB of memory. Future work could reduce these measures by employing techniques such as pruning, mixed floating point precision, search over smaller encoder architectures, or Tensorflow Lite conversion. Another practical solution may come in the form of Edge AI accelerators (e.g., Intel’s Neural Compute Stick) and deep learning-compatible neuromorphic hardware (e.g., BrainChip’s Akida Neuromorphic SoC), which can lead to orders of magnitude reductions in size, weight, and power compared to conventional CPUs or GPUs.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Someone posted a NASA SBIR the other day in which they bagged Akida for having a superfluous CPU, while praising FD-SOI.

Reactions: 12 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Relax Pal. People are just talking and expressing themselves. Who said it has to be just all one’s and zero’s or dots which may or may not be relevant to anything? Sometimes some of us get a little carried away, but that too is just humans being human. When we are all just androids on steroids it gets pretty boring. Variety is the spice of life. 🤣
You have a very Zen energy about you of late old hop🥷

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Well ain't that a lovely sight 😂
Screenshot_20230207-160917.png

• Haha
Reactions: 20 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

JK200SX

Regular
I have been thinking about Tony Dawe's letter.
I thought that Akida2000 was the next chip to be taped out, however in TD's letter he states that the Akida1500 tape out was because of direct engagement with customers. I can't imagine BRN would have taped out Akida1500 without having firm commitments from licensee's or customers.
This raises a few questions.
  • Who could want the Akida1500 so badly that BRN moved it ahead of the Akida2000 tape out.
  • Once the Akida1500 has been examined, tested and passed, should we expect a new License Agreement? or
  • Can we expect actual orders for the Akida1500 in the very near future, because the chip was MADE TO ORDER for someone?
I believe we have a good chance that an announcement will come very soon after Akida1500 has passed muster, and I think it will be the MOA announcements.

"however in TD's letter he states that the Akida1500 tape out was because of direct engagement with customers"

When the news of the AKD1500 came out the other week, I did find it strange and was of the opinion either the AKD500 or 2000 would be next. One thought that did come to me at the time was this - Brainchip has shown their AKD1000 to all of the NDA co's and other announced companies and we would assume they are all impressed with the technology. The fact that little revenue has come from all these excited companies is that they were aware of what Brainchip had available in the near future(at that time) and would only commit once they see the AKD1500 work for their application with the increased functionality. Once the AKD1500 is proven, the floodgates will open.

An analogy to this is why would someone want to buy the 2022 model of a vehicle, when they know that the 2023 model, just around the corner, offers additional functionality and performance?

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 25 users

Damo4

Regular
Relax Pal. People are just talking and expressing themselves. Who said it has to be just all one’s and zero’s or dots which may or may not be relevant to anything? Sometimes some of us get a little carried away, but that too is just humans being human. When we are all just androids on steroids it gets pretty boring. Variety is the spice of life. 🤣
Haha agreed mate, just felt like adding in some low quality bait of my own.
In summary - GO BRN

Low Quality Bait | Bait / This is Bait | Know Your Meme

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
So they are hoping to increase their total revenue to approx. $557 Million USD.

Of that, how much revenue could we expect for the use of Akida? It is hard to quantify but as a complete guess, if we are in say 20 percent of their products which equates to revenue to Megachips $114 mill USD and as a guess, we receive 2% of said revenue, that would be $2.28 million USD.

Would be nice to know the exact breakdown of the contract and their forecast for products with Akida inside but we will never get that info.

Yep they have 4 strategies they are focusing on to grow - and we are mentioned in one of the strategies being Initiatives in AI field

But agree we will never know - we can only hope!

And its only been a little over a year since the deal was signed with megachips

Will have to see if we can reverse engineer the revenue figure in the upcoming annual report for the figures to end December

Seriously hoping the figure at the end of this calendar year will be a shite-load more

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Yep they have 4 strategies they are focusing on to grow - and we are mentioned in one of the strategies being Initiatives in AI field

But agree we will never know - we can only hope!

And its only been a little over a year since the deal was signed with megachips

Will have to see if we can reverse engineer the revenue figure in the upcoming annual report for the figures to end December

Seriously hoping the figure at the end of this calendar year will be a shite-load more

From memory, most of Megachips revenue is from Nintendo. If we can make our way into their next console and controllers, we may end up in 80% of their products? That would be a nice earner as Nintendo sell about 20 million consoles a year.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom