BRN Discussion Ongoing

wilzy123

Founding Member
Thanks SG. I'm just worried about June 30. I'm running out of time. I'm running out of patience with all this eco-system fluff. For all the pain that the SP drop has caused , I'd just love to see us sign a material deal with some small company that was prepared to take chance on us. I want Tony Dawe to know this.

Thanks again.
drunk-party.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Wise words Sensei Petrovski

kung fu GIF

Patience is a skill learned over time one choosing to emphasize thinking over feeling:ninja:

🙏 “To lose patience is to lose the battle.” 🙏 Mahatma Gandhi​

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users

ndefries

Regular
Yep time to market can be huge. Merc's planned release of full electric sedan is mid 2025 I think - this might be the first full production car with AKIDA inside (a few chips for Hey Mercedes or up to 70 for all systems). That's a 4 to 5 year process from inception to delivery. Depending on the deal BRN has with Merc we might not see revenue until cars are actually sold - 3rd quarter 2025? So over 2 years from now just for the Merc deal. Others might be faster but some will no doubt be slower.
So this is not a fast process unless someone can just fit an AKIDA chip into their existing product to make it better.
It's about 12 weeks to the AGM and hopefully Sean will be there in person with a fully assembled management team. Attendance will give shareholders the best opportunity to ask questions and hopefully get a better understanding of the commercialization process and progress. It's not too long to wait.
As for Sean's tenure, I think around the 5 year mark (2027ish) would be an appropriate time to judge his overall performance. Hopefully he is still with the company at that point as that would suggest that there is no better place for him to be.
My thoughts only if course but I think this is a realistic timeline.
Agree with you but what confuses me is that if large corporations like Mercedes or Valeo plan to have products with Akida in the market in just 1-2 years do they not have to come to commercial terms with BRN. Imagine if BRN at the 11th hour (without a proper commercial agreement) said we want way more than they are willing to pay for example ( not saying that is likely) that would cause significant issues to multi-million dollar investments etc.

The anwer to this is yes they should and would if they are planning to have Akida. The question then is what are the terms that creatively avoids having to inform the market. Such an agreement you would think a company with little revenue would be very material to their future.

That then sends me down a black hole of NDAs which i am now stuck in - HELP!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

db1969oz

Regular
Here's hoping!

I understand things take time. I have run businesses for 20 years and lawyers are always the biggest roadblock. I have encountered a number of them and I usually encounter the most anal ones on the smallest deals!

I don't think it is unreasonable for shareholders to raise the fact that, as Sean has stated in both previous 4C's, converting paid licenses is his goal and we have not signed any since Megachips in November 2021. Like others have said though, no point complaining. If you are not happy with progress, sell and move on. I have a timeline and if I don't see another license or two by mid year, I am selling. Everyone is on a different timeline and has different levels of anxiety and investment and it is a free world. People's concerns/opinions etc should be respected.
Exactly! Everyone has a different circumstance. I unfortunately HAVE to sell some of my shares very shortly due to my circumstances! I’ve been putting it of for a long time already. Waiting to follow the financials, as the company stated, hoping for the sp to rise again, so I could sell a smaller percenrage of my shares to get me out of trouble. But, I will have to do so soon, I’ll still hold some for the longer term, but no where near as many unfortunately. Anyway, those who can afford to hold forever, let me know when fore ends, so I can sell them the week before and spend all the proceeds. Everyone is different, no one’s answer is correct for all.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Kachoo

Regular
Agree with you but what confuses me is that if large corporations like Mercedes or Valeo plan to have products with Akida in the market in just 1-2 years do they not have to come to commercial terms with BRN. Imagine if BRN at the 11th hour (without a proper commercial agreement) said we want way more than they are willing to pay for example ( not saying that is likely) that would cause significant issues to multi-million dollar investments etc.

The anwer to this is yes they should and would if they are planning to have Akida. The question then is what are the terms that creatively avoids having to inform the market. Such an agreement you would think a company with little revenue would be very material to their future.

Presenting this info public would make futer negotiations more difficult on IP deals you don't show your cards.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

ndefries

Regular
Presenting this info public would make futer negotiations more difficult on IP deals you don't show your cards.
yes but....... is there a way to say that a commercial agreement has been signed without showing information that will hurt either business and future negotiations. I think mankind has solved greater challenges than that!

Reactions: 4 users
Interesting article on the Art of Holding.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Exactly! Everyone has a different circumstance. I unfortunately HAVE to sell some of my shares very shortly due to my circumstances! I’ve been putting it of for a long time already. Waiting to follow the financials, as the company stated, hoping for the sp to rise again, so I could sell a smaller percenrage of my shares to get me out of trouble. But, I will have to do so soon, I’ll still hold some for the longer term, but no where near as many unfortunately. Anyway, those who can afford to hold forever, let me know when fore ends, so I can sell them the week before and spend all the proceeds. Everyone is different, no one’s answer is correct for all.
It sucks when timing goes against you.
Has happened to me before and sometimes all we can salvage is the lesson, for next time.
Good luck to you.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
SORRY:(
I can understand you very well, but there is always a risk in buying shares, everyone has to make up their own mind about this risk, above all whether they can cope with a drop in the price and even more whether they are speculating with money that they have need soon. As I have already written, I am also very much in the red, I am now happy to buy more if there was anything left. I've collected a lot, but now I'll start collecting again on my checking account.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
1675725960976.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 58 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

toasty

Regular
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Here's hoping!

I understand things take time. I have run businesses for 20 years and lawyers are always the biggest roadblock. I have encountered a number of them and I usually encounter the most anal ones on the smallest deals!

I don't think it is unreasonable for shareholders to raise the fact that, as Sean has stated in both previous 4C's, converting paid licenses is his goal and we have not signed any since Megachips in November 2021. Like others have said though, no point complaining. If you are not happy with progress, sell and move on. I have a timeline and if I don't see another license or two by mid year, I am selling. Everyone is on a different timeline and has different levels of anxiety and investment and it is a free world. People's concerns/opinions etc should be respected.
So you would sell before renesas brings out a MCU containing akida IP, worlds first commercial neuromorphic MCU’s using SNN? lol surely you’ve got to be joking.

Megachips is a sales partner, many many customers could be very far ahead in their design cycle and getting ready for production, which then we would see licensing payments.

The way I see it is lots of customers will not sign a material contract until ready to go to production.
Renesas and megachips just happened to sign very early, but the way megachips is structured is they are a fabless company and the many smaller less sophisticated customers (and tier ones) would be going through megachips. Megachips will have off the shelf ready to go chips for the customers that don’t need the full power of akida.

Sean Hehir said in the Pitt street research interview I think it was that you’ve got to get the customers at the right time of their design cycle which can be 1-2-3 years.

So, it is of my personal view that over the next 2-3 years we should see an uptake of commercial agreements either standalone or through the financial, with Renesas being the first.

People claim to have held for a long time but are willing to sell right before Renesas tapes out? Madness.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 85 users

db1969oz

Regular
SORRY:(
I can understand you very well, but there is always a risk in buying shares, everyone has to make up their own mind about this risk, above all whether they can cope with a drop in the price and even more whether they are speculating with money that they have need soon. As I have already written, I am also very much in the red, I am now happy to buy more if there was anything left. I've collected a lot, but now I'll start collecting again on my checking account.
Thanks for the kindness. It’s not a health problem, so, only finances, not the end of the world and i am not looking for sympathy, just pointing out circumstances.I have been in long enough to make good profits already, so I can’t complain, just sucks that I’m not selling at $2.30 and sellers a sheet load less to achieve my needs. Thanks.

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 20 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
Reactions: 9 users

Kachoo

Regular
yes but....... is there a way to say that a commercial agreement has been signed without showing information that will hurt either business and future negotiations. I think mankind has solved greater challenges than that!
Yes if you say you have an comercial agreement then you need to put a value on it in $ to make an announcement.

Unfortunately the Companies actions will not support short term movements.

In February we will have the annual report which should show more clarity how things are progressing.

If you want to trade BRN then one needs to be using charts.

I feel too many people put too much in to BRN in the hopes of getting rich quick. Now you can not blame management. The ones to Blame are the ones saying 10 dollars year end.

I really felt we be north of 2 south of 3 at the end of 2022 but unfortunately the global climates have change.

They will improve again and things will progress.

As investors we need to monitor our portfolios and adjust them our lives purchases and spending at time. Life is full of surprises.

I believe BRN will be 10 dollars plus when is the million dollar question. This could be 2023 2024 or 2027 I don't know.

I appreciate the technical sharing of info on here and the discussions of new tech potential leads competitors and progress.

This board has really become a whinge fest for many. Now we can express displeasure but continuous complaints really lose the valued info.

Unfortunately you all see what you have accomplished with the crying you have pushed away contributors that may have helped you learn something new made you slightly more informed.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20

If Mercedes were to use the Valeo LiDaR, and if Valeo's LiDaR were to include Akida, then the Valeo Akida licence would presumably require that Valeo pay royalties to BrainChip when they sell their LiDaR to Mercedes.

Even with Just-in-Time, this would see royalty payments earlier than the sale of the vehicles would.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 55 users
Top Bottom