BRN Discussion Ongoing

It was a little while ago now but I am still gobsmacked by the Accenture Podcast.

This is a company with 700 000 staff who service Fortune 500 companies such as:

Apple, Adobe, Alibaba, Amazon, AT&T, BlacRock, Cisco, CrowdStrike, Dell, Entarra Solutions, Facebook, Google, Hitachi, IBM, INTELL, Microsoft, NASDAQ, Nokia, Oracle, Rockwell Automation, Siemens, Symantec,

Just to name a few….as there were a lot.

Accenture’s revenue for the quarter ending November 30, 2022 was $15.748B, a 5.23% increase year-over-year. Accenture revenue for the twelve months ending November 30, 2022 was $62.377B, a 16.08% increase year-over-year. Accenture annual revenue for 2022 was $61.594B, a 21.89% increase from 2021.

Luckily Accenture’s Managing Director and Global Chief Technology officer of Accenture’s Applied Intelligence is a friend or our CEO Sean HEHIR and found the time to participate in the podcast. I’m sure it was based on more than doing a favour for a friend.

Just quietly; during an interview Sean once said he checked with some very smart, well placed, silicon valley friends on the validity of Brainchip as due diligence prior to taking his job as the CEO. I wonder who he spoke to?

Some interesting statements from Jean-Luc Chatelain during the podcast and below are some snippets as best as I can reproduce them but there may be some errors so you can always listen to it to verify the content yourself.

Sean, “How about some comments about the state of edge AI where Brainchip really is focused on.
What’s going on from your point of view from edge AI?”

Jean-Luc Chatelain, “Well I think you’re in the right place. Edge AI is now coming in from the darkness and starting to be used in some very specific domain. It’s not yet everywhere, but certainly is getting some action today. And it’s where probably in the long term where most of AI will sit in fact.”

“Silicon is now allowing AI to be used on the edge.”

Mentions satellites which links into FMF post re NASA.

“So edge AI is certainly a very exciting domain. 2023, 2024 is gonna be really the time where your going to see a lot more of it. You are of course already successful but that is when you are going to see an acceleration of deployment at the edge.

Sean, “And it’s certainly consistent with interactions with our customers, 2023, 24. The interest level is very very high right now. ………
“What’s your thoughts on neuromorphic….. what do you see for the future, do you see the direction for a lot of AI being neuromorphic?

Jean-Luc Chatelain, “YES……. ……..

……..

“I’m a big believer that neuromorphic technology in general is going to be a significant part of the future of AI.”

Sean, “What we do is taking the best parts of the brain which is a very efficient computation machine if you will, and use that. That’s all we are essentially doing, inspired by the brain, taking those principles to get a lot more done, break through the Von Neumann bottleneck and just get things done with less power. It’s that simple!”

A discussion on transformers and we know what’s being done with Akida 1500: exciting times!

I’ve said it before but the CTO Jean-Luc Chatelain didn’t need to do this interview, in fact I’m sure there are policies which dictate what he can and can’t say or do to some degree. I doubt he would risk his reputation making statements he didn’t believe in or weren’t authorised. So it gives me plenty of confidence in my investment decision. I hope it helps with yours.

Cheers!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 109 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Why you can trust ZDNET : Our process
Home Innovation Smartphones
Samsung Galaxy S23 features TSMC's overclocked Qualcomm chipset. Why that's a big deal

In partnership with Qualcomm, Samsung's new Galaxy S23 phones are now the fastest Snapdragon-powered handsets. Here's what you need to know about the custom chipset that powers them.
1549928918804.jpg
By June Wan, Technology Editor on Feb. 1, 2023
Reviewed by Kelsey Adams
The Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip on top of a bowl of lemons.
Qualcomm and June Wan/ZDNET
It's Samsung Unpacked day, which means until the next big bad smartphone comes along, the Galaxy S23 series, led by the S23 Ultra, is now the cream of the crop, for speed and power. At least, that's what Samsung and Qualcomm are telling me.

samsung unpacked

Holding up the Samsung Galaxy S23, S23+, and S23 Ultra in green.
Meet the new Galaxy S23 and Book 3 Ultra

All the latest innovations from Samsung, covered by ZDNET's product experts.

Read now
The two companies extended a strategic partnership in July 2022, pledging Snapdragon-powered Galaxy devices for the next seven years.

For Samsung, it seems the partnership has already come to fruition, with the just-announced Galaxy S23 series getting exclusive dibs on a custom system on a chip (SoC), the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy. The new chip is coming to every Galaxy S23 model, including ones in Europe.

Also: Everything announced at Samsung Unpacked 2023

So, what exactly is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy chip? How is it any different from the standard SoC? Is Samsung doing away with Exynos chips? I've answered all of those questions and more below.

What is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Mobile Platform for Galaxy?
"Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen Mobile Platform for Galaxy" rolls right off the tongue, doesn't it?

The new "for Galaxy" variant offers the same AI and feature enhancements as the standard 8 Gen 2 chip introduced back in November, including FastConnect 7800 for Wi-Fi 7 support (when available), hardware-accelerated ray-tracing in games, a GPU and NPU that's up to 40% and 49%, respectfully, faster and more optimized than last year's S22, and more. CPU performance also gets a 30% bump.

Also: Best Samsung phones of 2023

On top of that, the new SoC introduces Snapdragon's Cognitive ISP to enable Semantic Segmentation, a real-time processing technology that distinguishes the various elements your camera captures, optimizing images and videos as you snap them. Imagine your phone being able to detect when a subject is wearing glasses and to automatically remove any glare that could be reflected from it in the final image.

The Galaxy S23 is the first smartphone to go live with this Snapdragon feature.

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra showing ZDNET's Best Samsung Phones list on screen.
June Wan/ZDNET
How is the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy different from the original?
The biggest difference between the "for Galaxy" variant of the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip is its accelerated CPU and GPU performance. On the Galaxy S23, the prime Kryo CPU core has been overclocked to 3.36GHz (compared with the original's 3.2GHz) while the Adreno GPU ramps up to 719MHz from 680MHz.

While these numbers should yield faster and more powerful performance out of the new Galaxy handsets, they'll also be the ones to blame if there are any overheating issues or excessive battery drainage once we go hands-on with the devices.

Also: Apple is reportedly phasing out Broadcom and Qualcomm chips

I reached out to Samsung with this concern and was given the following response: "The NPU [on the Galaxy S23] is optimized by more than 40% to balance performance and power. And the optimized chipset has contributed to the Galaxy S23 series' improved battery performance, increasing its overall power efficiency."

We'll have to see if the flagship lives up to Samsung's claims in the upcoming full review.

Is the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy good for gaming?
With the new chipset, I'm seeing all-around improvements to the Galaxy S23's performance, particularly in gaming. Thanks to the accelerated GPU, the Galaxy S23 is now capable of real-time ray-tracing, can produce lifelike, human-based characters via Unreal Engine 5 Metahumans Framework, and can process effects like bloom, depth of field, and motion blur more efficiently.

Every single one of those enhancements is meaningful and a step in the right direction for mobile gaming, especially with more companies branching into cloud-based gameplay.
Person playing a racing game on the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra.
Samsung
Will European S23s have the Snapdragon chip?
While the European Galaxy devices have traditionally operated on Samsung's own Exynos chipsets, this year's Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy will debut globally, including in Europe. That means users can expect consistent performance across different regions.

As for Samsung's Exynos SoC, it doesn't look like the company is completely abandoning it just yet.

Who manufactures the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy?
While the chipset is optimized for Galaxy devices and Samsung has played a role in manufacturing past Snapdragon SoCs (888 and 8 Gen 1), Qualcomm has confirmed with ZDNET that the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy is made by Taiwanese semiconductor company TSMC.

Also: Apple debuts M2 Pro and M2 Max, powering the year's best Macs

That's very good news, considering the manufacturer is also responsible for Apple's A Bionic chips, which have proven to be some of the most power-efficient silicon on the market.
samsung unpacked
Samsung TM Roy Unpacked Stage Ultra
Here's everything Samsung announced at Unpacked 2023
The Samsung Galaxy S23 next to the Samsung Galaxy S22.
Samsung Galaxy S23 vs S22: Which model should you buy?
Every Samsung Galaxy S23 model compared: Specs, display, cameras, and more
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra vs iPhone 14 Pro: Which flagship should you buy?
How to watch Samsung Unpacked 2023
Samsung Galaxy Book3 Ultra vs Apple MacBook Pro: A premium laptop showdown
Editorial standards

Samsung's Galaxy S23 release date and what to know

Click back here for updates as we learn more about Samsung's upcoming family of flagship smartphones.
stephanie-condon
By Stephanie Condon, Senior Writer on Jan. 30, 2023
Samsung Unpacked Reserved Now Display Image
Samsung
Samsung on Wednesday is expected to unveil the latest generation of Galaxy smartphones, the Galaxy S23 lineup. The new flagship phones should be announced during the Samsung Unpacked event, which is taking place live in San Francisco.

ZDNET recommends

samsung-galaxy-z-flip-4-bespoke-camcorder-mode
The best Samsung phones

The best Samsung phones you can buy, tested by ZDNET's mobile experts.

Read now
Samsung will also livestream Unpacked on its website and at YouTube. The event starts at 10 am PT/1 pm ET.

As Jason Cipriani noted for ZDNET, we can expect the device maker to follow its standard naming pattern and call its new phones the Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23 Plus, and Galaxy S23 Ultra. Those names give an indication of a device's size, pricing, and specs.

Be sure to watch out for the upgraded camera on the S23 devices.

Also: Want the best Android phone right now? Our top picks

"Our pro-grade camera system is getting smarter, offering the best photos and videos in any light among our Galaxy smartphones," TM Roh, Samsung's president and head of MX Business, wrote in a recent blog post.

If you think you may be interested in purchasing a Galaxy S23 device, it's worth signing up for Samsung's US Reserve promotion, which runs through Feb. 1. In exchange for your name and email address, you'll get a $50 Samsung credit when you preorder a single device. If you order two devices, Samsung doubles the credit to $100.

samsung unpacked
Editorial standards

Why you can trust ZDNET : Our process
Samsung unveils the Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra: What to know

Each member of Samsung's new family of flagship smartphones is a powerful, AI-driven device built for gaming and taking high-quality photographs.
jada-jones
By Jada Jones, Associate Editor on Feb. 1, 2023
Reviewed by Kelsey Adams and June Wan
Person holding all three Samsung Galaxy S23 models in Green.
June Wan/ZDNET
Samsung on Wednesday rolled out the latest generation of Galaxy smartphones, the Galaxy S23 Ultra, Galaxy S23 Plus, and Galaxy S23. Each version of the new flagship smartphone is a powerful, AI-driven device built for gaming and taking high-quality photographs.

Compared with last year's release of Samsung's S22 lineup, there are a few key functional and design changes in the S23 models.

The S23 lineup offers upgrades in color options, camera functions, durability, and an upgraded processor, the all-new Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy.

Also: S22 vs S23: What are the main differences?

The three phones in the S23 series run Samsung's new OneUI 5.1 alongside Android 13, and are made from more post-consumer recycled material than any previous Samsung phone.

Introducing Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy

The Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip on top of a bowl of lemons.
June Wan/ZDNET and Qualcomm
There are some remarkable improvements to the Galaxy S23 line that aims to optimize and improve its user experience.

The Galaxy S23 series is the first line of devices to feature Qualcomm's Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Mobile Platform for Galaxy, which was designed and optimized specifically for Samsung to power AI functions like photo and video capture and mobile gaming. Samsung said it offers the world's fastest mobile graphics, and we'll be putting that to the test in our full review.

Meanwhile, a bigger version of Samsung Galaxy's vapor cooling chamber comes in every Galaxy S23 series model for intensive gaming.

Also: Everything announced at Samsung Unpacked

Improved cameras for low-light photos

Person holding Samsung S23 Plus
June Wan/ZDNET
The S23 lineup's new camera features focus heavily on improving the quality of pictures and videos taken in low lighting. While the S23 Ultra's front-facing camera has been 'downgraded' from a 40-megapixel lens to a 12-megapixel, every model in the lineup can now deliver Night Portrait mode by using upgraded sensors.

Also: Every Samsung Galaxy S23 model compared: Specs, display, cameras, and more

For avid stargazers, Astro Hyperlapse is another new feature used to capture the movements of stars in the night sky without needing special equipment. AI Noise Reduction technology is also integrated to improve video quality at night or in the dark while simultaneously reducing visual noise.

It certainly helps that the S23 Ultra's camera system is headlined by a massive 200MP camera sensor, capable of capturing the highest pixel count and detail that we've seen yet on a smartphone. The number of pixels being captured also helps the S23 Ultra better piece together details at night.

More: Samsung just showed off its 200-megapixel smartphone image sensor

The Galaxy S23 series also introduces fast autofocus and a Super HDR selfie camera, jumping from 30 frames per second to 60fps, for better front-facing images and videos.

Design: If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Samsung Galaxy S23 Lineup
Samsung
When it comes to design features, there are a few remarkable differences between the Galaxy S22 line and S23 line. However, there are some subtle changes, such as the front-facing camera being slightly smaller so that it takes up less space on the display. The S23 Ultra's display edges are now less curvy as well, giving users greater surface area to interact with using the included S Pen.

For the first time, all three phones in the S23 lineup are available in the same colors: Phantom Black, Cream, Green, and Lavender. On the S23 and S23 Plus, the contoured housing that encases the back camera has been removed.

Also: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra vs S22 Ultra: Is this year's flagship worth the upgrade?

Preorder the Samsung Galaxy S23 series
Preorder the Samsung Galaxy S23 series

View now at Amazon
Galaxy S23 specs

Dimensions: 2.79 x 5.7 x 0.3 inches
Weight: 5.9 oz
Display size: 6.1 inch
Memory, storage options: 8GB of RAM and 128GB or 256GB
Battery capacity: 3,900 mAh
Price: Starting at $799
Galaxy S23 Plus specs

Dimensions: 3 x 6.2 x 0.3 inches
Weight: 6.9 oz
Display: 6.6 inch
Memory, storage options: 8GB of RAM and 256GB or 512G
Battery: 4,700 mAh
45W Super-fast charging capabilities
Price: Starting at $999
Galaxy S23 Ultra specs

Dimensions: 3.07 x 6.43 x 0.35 inches
Weight: 8.25 oz
Display: 6.8-inch with a reduced curvature to create a larger and flatter surface area
Memory, storage options: 8GB or 12GB of RAM and 256GB, 512GB, or 1T of internal storage
Battery capacity: 5,000 mAh
8K video recording
Price: Starting at $1,199
samsung unpacked
Editorial standards

ZDNET logoSamsung's Galaxy S23 release date and what to know
ZDNET logoSamsung unveils the Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra: What to know
ZDNET logoThe 6 best Samsung phones of 2023

we equip you to harness the power of disruptive innovation, at work.

Is there any chance that we could be involved here or is it too early for me to be thinking steak for dinner

• Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
Stop talking your daily BS.

Germans are sensible Investors? Seems like you have absolutely no idea about Germans nor ever visited a German stock-forum...

By the way: This is how we sensible Germans teach our children to draw their names if it is "fox":

Screenshot_20230203-222022_Chrome.jpg

What happened???

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
I know the term as a common saying among some of us. For example, it comes to my mind: "Dieser Pissel" ~this Pissle.
With my modest knowledge of the language I have noticed that from English to German sometimes the ending le changes to el and vice versa.

Germanized
googeln (engl. to google) (ich) google
puzzeln (engl. to puzzle) (ich) puzzle
recyceln (engl. to recycle) (ich) recycle
sampeln (engl. to sample) (ich) sample

Pissel
1) long, thin object;
2) pejorative term for a person whom one dislikes after brief contact for some inexplicable reason; "pisselig" - small, puny, worthless; "Pisselzeugs" - small stuff, not valuable stuff;
.ruhrgebietssprache.de/lexikon/piselotten.html ~Ruhr language

Or what meaning does it have with you?

Maybe your Pissle comes original from the German Ruhrgbiet or so called Ruhrpott?
Nice to contribute something substantive with my pissle post.

____
I stumbled across the English term zeitgeist in a technical article today. I didn't know that you had taken it over 1:1 from the German - Zeitgeist. Rarely is the German more concise and succinct - genau!
Here is a good explanation

Reactions: 2 users
I don't care if it's not brainchip technology that gets in first for the standard of in car monitoring I just wish they would mandate this new standard ASAP.
I'm greatly saddened whenever I read these articles.

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

cassip

Regular
BMW, art and AI

Excerpt:

„It’s precisely the way AI assembles this bigger picture from the existing data sets that mirrors how our brains work,” explained Shipley. “For the project we worked with artificial neural networks. They are modeled on the structure of the human brain and are good at finding patterns in a data set. With each training iteration, the weights of the neural network are adjusted so that the network produces results that are increasingly more accurate and better. The information processing categorizes the input data, classifies it and creates a pattern from it. This gives AI a deep multifaceted model that combines all the information and character traits of the data sets.”

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Rskiff

Regular

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Sad
He forgot Brainchip.

Jimmy Fallon Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Anyone know why that guy sold his brn shares or is he more of a pumper/trader using his vids when he holds?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Makeme 2020

Regular

Renesas Demonstration of Its MPU RZ/V Series With an Embedded AI Accelerator and Avnet’s RZ/V2L SBC

Avnet, Edge Impulse, Processors, Renesas, Software, Tools / February 2, 2023
qI_1w6-aTx0-1024x576.jpg

Dirk Seidel, Strategic Business Development Manager at Renesas Electronics, demonstrates the company’s latest edge AI and vision technologies and products at the December 2022 Edge AI and Vision Innovation Forum. Specifically, Seidel demonstrates the company’s MPU RZ/V series solutions, along with partner (and fellow Alliance Member) Avnet’s RZ/V2L single-board computer (SBC).
The RZ/V series includes a power-efficient AI accelerator, the DRP-AI. The entry-class RZ/V2L device delivers low power and high performance when running fellow Alliance Member company Edge Impulse’s FOMO object detection model on the Renesas EVK, as well as when running a multiple-person pose estimation model on the Avnet RZ/V2L (a SBC in the Raspberry Pi form factor), all without need of a fan or heat sink. Seidel also demonstrates the newly-released TVM development tool for the DRP-AI, running the DeepPose facial landmark model.

• Love
  • Thinking

Makeme 2020

Regular

Reactions: 7 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Anyone know why that guy sold his brn shares or is he more of a pumper/trader using his vids when he holds?
From memory he said he'd buy back in to BRN once they started gaining some traction in the market.

• Love
  • Thinking

Makeme 2020

Regular
SHORT ARTICLE ON THE USE OF SMARTPHONES USING AI TO HELP ANALYZE AND COLLECT IMAGES IN MEDICAL APPLICATIONS

Doctors, Get Ready for Your AI Assistants​

Hospitals have begun using machine learning to help analyze and collect images, and the medical applications are endless.

IN 2023, RADIOLOGISTS in hospitals around the world will increasingly use medical images—which include x-rays and CT, MRI, and PET scans—that have been first read and evaluated by AI machines. Gastroenterologists will also be relying on machine vision during colonoscopies and endoscopies to pick up polyps that would otherwise be missed. This progress has been made possible by the extensive validation of “machine eyes”—deep neural networks trained with hundreds of thousands of images that can accurately pick up things human experts can’t.
READ MORE
This story is from the WIRED World in 2023, our annual trends briefing. Read more stories from the series here—or download or order a copy of the magazine.
One of the most exciting new capabilities of AI is to instruct untrained and uninitiated people to acquire medical-grade images through a smartphone. Someone without any medical knowledge will be able to pop an ultrasound transducer into a smartphone’s base and, with a little gel on its tip, instantly acquire high-quality images. The AI algorithm instructs the person to move the transducer up or down, clock- or counterclockwise, and it will automatically capture the image when it meets the objective standard. This will extend the ability to perform medical imaging of most parts of the body (except the brain), anywhere, anytime, and by anyone. Concurrently, algorithms are also being developed for automated accurate interpretations. In 2023, we will see more of this in remote parts of the world, perhaps best exemplifying the potential for AI to reduce health inequities.
The same deep-learning democratization is progressively taking hold for patients as well, who can already be notified by their smartwatch’s algorithm that they have an abnormal heart rhythm (such as atrial fibrillation). In 2023, this will extend to preliminary diagnosis of all skin lesions, urinary tract infections, children’s ear infections, and an increasing number of common conditions that are not life-threatening.

These are the early steps towards a virtual health coach to ideally prevent conditions that a person is at increased risk for manifesting, which in 2023 will be used for managing specific conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, or even depression, with the help of chatbots and human coaches in the background when necessary.
In 2023, clinicians will also be aided by AI in their daily tasks—particularly by being liberated from the job of painstakingly typing medical data into the computer. This burden not only contributes to burnout among physicians, but markedly detracts from the patient interactions. Natural language processing and machine learning now enable synthetic notes to be created automatically from the conversation between doctors and patients at the visit or bedside.

We have seen the beginning of use of AI for remote monitoring, which is already preempting the need for hospitalization for patients with Covid-19 by real-time data capture from wearable sensors. That will only increase in 2023. We still need more validation trials to show that algorithms can accurately anticipate early signs of clinical deterioration and intervene, but the implication for avoiding a large proportion of hospital stays looms large.
Nevertheless, there remains a dire need to reduce bias and promote privacy and security in the application of medical AI. Privacy AI computing is starting to take off with the use of federated and swarm learning, as well as with the increasing application of edge computing, which uses algorithms fully operating on the smartphone. In 2023, these strategies will be explored more fully, in a much-needed effort to not only fully investigate the potential for AI in health and medicine but also to address its potential flaws and pitfalls.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Rskiff

Regular
Anyone know why that guy sold his brn shares or is more of a pumper/trader using his vids when he holds?

He said in a video that he was simplifying his portfolio and selling BRN was nothing to do with the company but he had bought on OTC and the hassle with that trading platform and tax etc...... simplifying.....

• Love
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

Foxdog

Regular
I don't care if it's not brainchip technology that gets in first for the standard of in car monitoring I just wish they would mandate this new standard ASAP.
I'm greatly saddened whenever I read these articles.
Yes mate this is heartbreaking. Technology that turns on the aircon, an alarm or voice saying 'hey don't forget the kids' etc to prevent occupant deaths both human and pets is so necessary. I feel so sorry for the father as it appears this a was a horrible mistake.
I know I crap on about the SP a lot, but it's more important to get AKIDA tech into products to make the world a better place and to prevent these sorts of things from happening wherever possible.

• Love

MDhere

Regular
How's this for size, and who says size doesn't matter?? clearly it does 🤣
20230204_075248.jpg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

M_C

Founding Member
  • Fire