BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

Reactions: 1 users

Bravo

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha

Bravo

But what if I want you to do a Gloria?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
While we're on the subject (world domination), someone has found the fact that MegaChips has teamed up with Morse Micro, "an Australian company with the world’s leading technology in “Wi-Fi HaLow™”, a new wireless communication standard with lowest power and long range, and started business development of wireless communications technology."

This means we are one degree of separation from potentially the next communication network of the IoT.

https://pdf.irpocket.com/C6875/xNh6/BDbf/yYsu.pdf

View attachment 28116

US2022231884A1 METHOD FOR IMPROVED SYNCHRONIZATION BETWEEN A TRANSMITTER AND A RECEIVER ON A WIRELESS NETWORK

View attachment 28117

The present disclosure provides a method for estimating timing and/or frequency of a wireless signal; the method including the steps: receiving a digitally modulated signal; extracting a plurality of signal samples associated with a short training field (STF) of a PHY protocol data unit (PPDU) of an 802.11 frame; performing correlation operations on the plurality of signal samples to generate a predetermined number of correlation peaks; comparing the generated correlation peaks with a variable dynamic threshold; and calculating timing and/or frequency of the digitally modulated signal using the outcome of the comparing step.

Akida is a whiz at comparing data.

Possibly Akida could replace the MAC processor 114/164 to provide greater power saving and increased speed.

If we can hang on the coat-tails of MorseMicro, we could find ourselves having a couple of Akida IP implementations in almost all the IoT connected devices.

With MegaChips, we have the perfect menage-a-trois.
This was a post that fascinated me early this week. I cant put the connection. As without the technical knowledge.
Now, your opinion is quite valuable Dio 👌.

Screenshot_20230128_211126_LinkedIn.jpg

Learning 🏖

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Bravo

p

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha

dippY22

Regular
Weekend musings,...... If you were a potential customer of Brainchip considering an IP contract, would it not be a consideration to wonder about Brainchip being sold to a big fish (i.e. the hairy coconut, or some "partner" i.e. ARM, etc) after the contract was signed? I think it would. Therefore, I wonder if this question / issue is voiced during complex negotiations with a customer considering an IP contract?

I mean, could you imagine entering into a "million dollar plus" contract and then seeing the IP vendor (Brainchip) sold to a competitor? Can you design such a variable into contracts? I don't know, but it's an interesting thought bubble,....is it not?

These are sticky, complicated negotiations our sales team must have to navigate with the potential customer, and what I raise above is but one small element, albeit a clear and present danger to that customer considering the IP (to be overly dramatic).

I would be calmed on this issue as a potential customer, however, if I saw Brainchip negotiating and receiving tens of millions of dollars in future funding such as was recently announced with the LDA lending arrangement. dippY just wondering about things,......

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

JK200SX

Regular

Diogenese

Top 20

Last edited:

stuart888

Regular
NVISO AI Apps are specifically designed for resource constrained low-power and low-memory hardware platforms deployed at the extreme edge. These AI Apps analyse core signals of human behaviour, such as body movements, facial expressions, emotions, identity, head pose, gaze, eye state, gestures or activities, and identify objects with which users interact. In addition, these AI Apps can be optimised for typically resource constrained, low power and low-cost processing platforms deployed on the edge, as demonstrated with ultra-compact models such as the Emotion Recognition AI App with less than 100KB of memory. Furthermore, NVISO AI Apps can be easily configured to suit specific camera systems for optimal performance in terms of distance and camera angle, and thanks to NVISO’s large scale proprietary human behaviour databases NVISO’s AI Apps are robust to the imaging conditions often found in real world deployments. Unlike cloud-based solutions, NVISO’s solutions do not require information to be sent off-device for processing elsewhere so user privacy and safety can be protected.

nviso_neuro_sdk_for_gaming.jpg
Thanks @Easytiger for the Nviso update.

Here is a little info on that Bottom layer shown: Bonseyes Developer Platforms. In short, they are a European group helping small and medium sized businesses get more Edge and less Cloud! Similar to Edge Impulse to some degree.

BonsAPPs does this by offering a series of modular services—such as experimentation, model compression, optimization, benchmarking, and deployment on hardware and security—that will increase AI usage among enterprises and SMEs which currently lack internal innovation capabilities.

https://bonsapps.eu/how-it-works/

Reactions: 8 users
Intel loses $8B market cap due to missed revenue targets. Job cuts announced, guidance amended downwards. Probably going to have to cut unprofitable and / or unproductive divisions and look for acquisitions to drive inorganic growth :cool:.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 19 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Intel loses $8B due to missed revenue targets. Job cuts announced, guidance amended downwards. Probably going to have to cut unprofitable and / or unproductive divisions and look for acquisitions to drive inorganic growth :cool:.

Well maybe the chip shortage had something to do with that, and resulted in their in-house IFS.

But their CPU processors have hit a wall. A quick fix could be Akida IP, but they may need transformer capability?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

stuart888

Regular
Fantastic article @Mt09 that Renesas blessed/initiated. It is part of Renesas' marketing focus, to spread the word:
"We Renesas are in the Spiking Neuromorphic Industry"! My opinion/words, not theirs.

Key parts of the article that folks here might want to read:

Neuromorphic devices are event-based processors operating on non-zero events. Event-based convolution and dot products are significantly less computationally expensive since zeroes aren’t processed.

Furthermore, as a neuromorphic device’s process spikes, more constrained quantization can be used, such as 1-,2- and 4-bit quantization, versus the conventional 8-bit quantization on ANNs.

Moreover, because SNNs are incorporated into hardware, neuromorphic devices (such as Akida from Brainchip) have the unique capability of on-edge learning.

On this front, Renesas has acknowledged the vast potential of neuromorphic devices and SNNs. The company licensed a neuromorphic core from Brainchip, the world’s first commercial producer of neuromorphic IP.

1674922375467.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users
Interesting ad appeared for me just then.
Screenshot_20230129-024959-475.png

Also macey is such a cow.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Morning Rise,

Actually I have, follow a few US doctors who work in the low carb space.

The good news is that J.Powell and team are sucking $$ out of the system with QT and interest rate rises. Have you noticed how many US firms are cutting staff numbers? Soon your average Joe won't have a job or the spare cash to buy luxury items like food. This will affect the supply/demand equation for eggs and the prices will drop.
Sounds terrible to be honest, yes have seen the massive layoffs that are occurring in the land of the free. America was a country I dreamed of living in as a youngster but these days wouldn't live there even if all bills were paid for life and a free house.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

Samsung Partners With Qualcomm, Unveils “Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Mobile Platform For Galaxy”​

By Anubhav
Jan 28, 2023

Samsung and Qualcomm have entered into a partnership for Samsung’s future smartphone lineup. The companies have been known to partner in the past, for instance, when Samsung was the smartphone partner for Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Pro Series. This time around, the upcoming Galaxy S23 series will feature a unique chipset officially named “Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Mobile Platform for Galaxy”.

• Fire
Reactions: 26 users
Top Bottom