BRN Discussion Ongoing

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users

TECH

Regular
Let me share a short story, last night I had to visit a Knee Surgeon, nothing wrong with my knee but I have an extremely painful bone
problem, involving fluid in the bone marrow and two small fractures, his answer to fix it, no surgery, no cure, yes it effects middle-aged
men, don't know what causes it, it self-heals in 3 months to a year!......thanks for coming, pay on the way out, cheers.

Was due to fly out to New Zealand in 10 days, so that's now history, if I can't walk, only hobble with a stick, well how is one to do maintenance
on a roof or do painting in one's villa, simple answer, put your feet up, moan to yourself and smile as Brainchip shares move northwards!

The punch line, my surgeon asked me what I did, I told him I was a Golf Professional for 45 years and a Securities Trader for 25 years, both were and are fulfilling roles, so I put my sales cap on and told him all about Brainchip, he had those eyes of, I don't understand, it sounds like science fiction, or possibly, I don't believe it could be true.

So, I decided to ask the classic questions:

Do you know what Neuromorphic means?
Have you heard of a company called ARM?
How many watts does the human brain require to function efficiently?

This is the classic issue that we as a company have, here is a highly educated individual, who couldn't answer one of those questions, it all
comes back to educating the ones who ultimately consume these future products, in my opinion of course.

Anyway, sorry to have bored you all, hope your weekend is positive and fulfilling.

Tech :cry:

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 53 users

equanimous

In the future you will type in what kind of movie, game or music you want and it will create an entirely new one on the spot. With AI well established creativity and ideas will be the new oil. Its coming faster than we think and I keep thinking how best to prepare for it.

I asked Midjourney AI to make me an image of Brainchip, Akida Ballista, super hero, AI, Spiking Neural Network, Plus Details.
This is what it came back with in under 20 secs with 4 different variations.

1674209682899.png

I then asked to make Peter Van Der Made into a superhero with AI and it came up with this in under 20 secs. Mind you its entirely created new on the spot..

1674209876173.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users

ODAAT

one day at a time
Probably shared here before. Much interest for me as I've been working on projects that tracks people by their wifi signal and also being able to see number of people in a room and where they are positioned.(through walls)

https://arxiv.o rg/abs/2301.00250
View attachment 27451

Do yourself a favour and turn off WiFi scanning in your improve location accuracy setting. And wifi when not in use (phone)
Lolz randomized Mac addresss😂

Apologies if already posted but another article about using wifi signal to see through walls. And our friends at Carnegie Mellon University are working on the technology.

The technology works by sending a low-powered WiFi signal through a wall, which reverberates around the room. It detects all the objects in the room, cancels out the static objects, and when the signal bounces back, uses the reflection of moving objects to generate a radar-like image. It can work through standard drywall, wooden fences, and even concrete walls, though the range and accuracy depend on the type of wall.

The Carnegie Mellon researchers believe that WiFi signals “can serve as a ubiquitous substitute” for normal RGB cameras.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 25 users

Dhm

Regular
Let me share a short story, last night I had to visit a Knee Surgeon, nothing wrong with my knee but I have an extremely painful bone
problem, involving fluid in the bone marrow and two small fractures, his answer to fix it, no surgery, no cure, yes it effects middle-aged
men, don't know what causes it, it self-heals in 3 months to a year!......thanks for coming, pay on the way out, cheers.

Was due to fly out to New Zealand in 10 days, so that's now history, if I can't walk, only hobble with a stick, well how is one to do maintenance
on a roof or do painting in one's villa, simple answer, put your feet up, moan to yourself and smile as Brainchip shares move northwards!

The punch line, my surgeon asked me what I did, I told him I was a Golf Professional for 45 years and a Securities Trader for 25 years, both were and are fulfilling roles, so I put my sales cap on and told him all about Brainchip, he had those eyes of, I don't understand, it sounds like science fiction, or possibly, I don't believe it could be true.

This is the classic issue that we as a company have, here is a highly educated individual, who couldn't answer one of those questions, it all
comes back to educating the ones who ultimately consume these future products, in my opinion of course.

Anyway, sorry to have bored you all, hope your weekend is positive and fulfilling.

45 years as a pro golfer and trading for a further 25 years = 70 years, and throw in 20 years for growing up makes you no younger than 90!!!!! You may need to reconsider your self description of 'middle aged' 😂😂😂

But I have similar tales to tell about my friends lack of any basic understanding of computing generally. Glazed over eyes....I'm on a hiding to nothing persevering with the Brainchip story. :(

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Yep, I class them as another octopus to our ever growing list of connections.
Tentacles everywhere mate. It's bloody amazing what's happening.
felicia day tentacles GIF

My little scone can't comprehend just how many potential partners /customers that are in the akida mix now.
Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

TECH

Regular
45 years as a pro golfer and trading for a further 25 years = 70 years, and throw in 20 years for growing up makes you no younger than 90!!!!! You may need to reconsider your self description of 'middle aged' 😂😂😂

But I have similar tales to tell about my friends lack of any basic understanding of computing generally. Glazed over eyes....I'm on a hiding to nothing persevering with the Brainchip story. :(

25 of those years overlapped, if that makes sense, so let's reduce the 90 back down to 64 but thinking I'm still 30 when I see a very
good looking lady. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes, but keep selling the story, we have a fantastic company and the more Australians who get to know about us and our brilliant
technology the better, as far as I'm personally concerned, we will always be Australian, thanks to Peter choosing our country to
develop and create his dream. (y)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

equanimous

Ok one more. This one is for you @Bravo. Mid Journey AI

cute cat, super hero detective, Bravo name, AI, part robot ,CGI,2D,highly resolution,elegant, happy,hyper realistic,8K

1674211354721.png

cute puppy, super hero, AI, part robot ,CGI,2D,highly resolution,elegant, happy,hyper realistic,8K

1674211427477.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Easytiger

Regular

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

charles2

Regular

Not boring at all

I have an MD degree and couldn't have answered those questions one year ago. The good news is that our customers (ARM, EdgeAI etc) know all the answers and see the direct benefits ($$$$) and the indirect. They help us (and others) imagine the possibilities....and they are without limits. And when they proselytize their audience is likely to pay rapt attention or be marginalized.

We tend to conclude (falsely) that no one knows about us because the revenue needle hasn't yet moved......but like a dragster on the warmup pad.....it is going to accelerate damn fast when the light changes from red to green. And for now were are running unopposed.

Even our formerly biggest opponent....Goliath....appears ready to tout our Science Fiction.

Excuse me, meant Intel

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users
Cloud managed?
Well from what I heard Akida can be used in the cloud. Or they can offload some of that processing to Akida. (Or I could be a bit inebriated and imagining it) Had great answer in my head but the beers have scrambled my egg.
Just dropping this here also. Unrelated but pretty amazing.
One day humans will be getting hacked.

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

FlipDollar

Never dog the boys
Taken from H/C
The only reason I’m sharing is because I luv the strong direct & convincing matter of Tony’s reply .

Holding strong 💪 Chippers
I’d hate to read the cringey email sent to him in the first place - an eloquent response nonetheless.

Reactions: 11 users

Advancements in technology are going at break neck speeds A.I is truly a wonderful thing.
Until it's not.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Moonshot

Regular
Speaking of science fiction… that’s how it starts.
EFC04890-29EF-4702-8BFB-ABCADC2C16F4.jpeg

11CE6B84-D9F9-484C-9178-C79F833E8E1B.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Foxdog

Regular
25 of those years overlapped, if that makes sense, so let's reduce the 90 back down to 64 but thinking I'm still 30 when I see a very
good looking lady. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes, but keep selling the story, we have a fantastic company and the more Australians who get to know about us and our brilliant
technology the better, as far as I'm personally concerned, we will always be Australian, thanks to Peter choosing our country to
develop and create his dream. (y)
60 is the new 30 tech, so you're travelling well 😎👌

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Steve10

Regular
FYI

Chart with US 2 year bond yield (blue line) & US interest rate (orange line).

The green vertical lines is when 20ema crosses under 100ema for US 2 year bond yields on daily chart. When it crosses under coincides with peak in US interest rate. It's due to cross under sometime next week. US Feds should pause at next FMOC meeting 31/1-1/2/2023.

1674252477625.png

The S&P500 chart is due to golden cross (50sma crosses above 200sma) around end of January. Nasdaq chart is due to golden cross sometime in 3rd week February & IWM by mid next week. DJI has already golden crossed.

The US government yesterday changed the way CPI is calculated. They were calculating CPI using 2019/2020 data with lower base & now they will be using 2021 data with higher base = lower YOY CPI.

By the end of Q1 CY23 the CPI should go down by around 3% & the US Feds may commence rate cuts.

JANUARY 2023 CPI WEIGHT UPDATE
  • Starting with January 2023 data, the BLS plans to update weights annually for the Consumer Price Index based on a single calendar year of data, using consumer expenditure data from 2021. This reflects a change from prior practice of updating weights biennially using two years of expenditure data.
https://www.bls.gov/cpi/

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

VictorG

I’m more worried about this sort of chip - traditional AI done faster - at the edge than Loihi in terms of competition.
I'm probably the least tech savvy on this forum but I don't see Ergo2 capable of one shot or few shot learning, doesn't use spiking neuromorphic architecture and is 100 times more power hungry than Akida.
It's 7mm ×7mm so likely very expensive.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users
Top Bottom