135 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 2 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all

I chimed in late on this one because things were a bit spicy here a few days ago…

Just remember, this community moderates it’s own member posts. If something is off / against rules, hit report - when enough do this, the post goes away. It’s very simple.

Now one more thing - I have had some people tell me that FF’s posts formed some part of their DD on BRN.

Please reread the rules and terms & conditions of the site before continuing to post or read anything beyond what I’ve said here, if that is you.

You’ll find that everyone is providing their own opinion only as an unlicensed individual. My own opinion on this matter is that you should do you own DD / be smarter than that / choose your investments wisely, regardless of what someone says online.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 102 users
It feels like the teacher has walked back into the room and everybody has started to behave. 🍎

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
It feels like the teacher has walked back into the room and everybody has started to behave. 🍎
Fwiw - things are like this for a reason. More minds and perspective on what is reasonable or not is better than just one, being my own.

Further, I can’t be there to judge every post. I have a job, where I lead many people and design complex systems and rules for the product(s) and company to operate on/with, and I also have a family, operate a bee farm, and another child due to be born in approx 2 months now.

So the community has the power and I intend to keep it that way. With great power comes great responsibility. It would be awesome to see the community manage itself!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 99 users
Fwiw - things are like this for a reason. More minds and perspective on what is reasonable or not is better than just one, being my own.

Further, I can’t be there to judge every post. I have a job, where I lead many people and design complex systems and rules for the product(s) and company to operate on/with, and I also have a family, operate a bee farm, and another child due to be born in approx 2 months now.

So the community has the power and I intend to keep it that way. With great power comes great responsibility. It would be awesome to see the community manage itself!
First of all congratulations on the impending arrival of new child to the family.
From what I've seen, I think the community has done pretty good job so far. There's always going to be flare ups and odd occasions of unnecessary immoral comments.
I made a comment a while back that I thought you had Akida running the forum as it seems to be running autonomously 😂
And finally no one should be relying on any poster for their due diligence. And if so, for goodness sake do due diligence on their due diligence and commentary.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Mike Davies
Mike Davies• 1.Director, Neuromorphic Computing Lab at Intel Corporation
1 Std. • vor 1 Stunde

We’re hiring! Help us elevate Lava to the next level

Senior Neuromorphic Software Architect

Job Description:​

Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. Join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.

Intel's Neuromorphic Computing Lab is pioneering a new domain of brain-inspired computer architecture defined by large parallel collections of neural processing units operating as sparsely active event-driven nonlinear dynamical systems. This technology promises orders of magnitude gains in efficiency and speed compared to conventional architectures for a large class of emerging AI workloads. While neuromorphic hardware architecture and algorithms have progressed rapidly, the development of professional neuromorphic software tools, methods, and frameworks is still at a nascent stage.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

Quatrojos

Regular

The tyranny of the majority…

Reactions: 1 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Sorry but I don´t know, what is DD?

Reactions: 1 users

Quatrojos

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Reactions: 9 users

Getupthere

Regular

Reactions: 5 users

Dijon101

Regular
Mike Davies
Mike Davies• 1.Director, Neuromorphic Computing Lab at Intel Corporation
1 Std. • vor 1 Stunde

We’re hiring! Help us elevate Lava to the next level

Senior Neuromorphic Software Architect

Job Description:​

Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. Join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.

Intel's Neuromorphic Computing Lab is pioneering a new domain of brain-inspired computer architecture defined by large parallel collections of neural processing units operating as sparsely active event-driven nonlinear dynamical systems. This technology promises orders of magnitude gains in efficiency and speed compared to conventional architectures for a large class of emerging AI workloads. While neuromorphic hardware architecture and algorithms have progressed rapidly, the development of professional neuromorphic software tools, methods, and frameworks is still at a nascent stage.
That's actually funking huge!!!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

TopCat

Regular
Another expo to keep an eye on coming up soon.

Triton EVS Event-Based Camera
Featuring the Prophesee Metavision® sensor, the Triton EVS camera provides event-based data. Instead of taking frames, event-based pixels continuously sample the incoming light and generate signal only when the light level changes. Event-based vision opens new industrial applications as it significantly improves performance, lowers power consumption, and provides a more flexible solution for machine vision applications such as motion analysis, vibration monitoring, object tracking, optical flow, autonomous driving, high-speed detection and tracking among others.

Visit LUCID at Smart Factory + Automation World from March 8-10, 2023, in Soul, Korea in Booth #B212.

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
I have had some people tell me that FF’s posts formed some part of their DD on BRN.

There's nothing wrong opinions forming part of someone's DD process IMO, as long as someone isn't SOLELY basing their DD literally on opinion alone - that would be :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🤡🤡🤡🤡. I see opinions more as a trigger (the 'part' I was referring to) for a line of inquiry that may in turn form part of my DD process.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

JB49

Regular
Consider the context before you decide on how the statement impacts on your confidence in Valeo.

As per Markus' post on LinkedIn:

"The idea is not new, but trying to “put a brain on a chip” is a mammoth task. To put it into figures: the human brain has 86-100 billion neurons operating on around 20 watts. Current neural chips from leading developers such as BrainChip and Intel Corporation contain around 1 million neurons and consume roughly 1 watt of power."

Brainchip's akida is what many consider 'science fiction', yet it's 1 million neurons operating at 1 watt of power is only 0.001% of the human brain's 100 billion neurons.

There is still a long way to go in order to "put a human brain on a chip".

The good news though, Brainchip is one of the 'leading developers'.

Call me a glass-half-full kind of guy.

Edit: I'd like to expand on the glass-half-full comment.

Another way to think of Markus' post is as follows:

The Chief Technology Officer of Mercedes, a company at the cutting edge of automotive technology development, has just told you in plain written english that our small little 'meme-stock' start-up from modest beginnings here in Perth is rubbing shoulders with Intel, one of the worlds biggest technology company's, when it comes to the development and leadership in the field of neural chips.

If that doesn't fill you with confidence, I don't know what will.
Markus comments and Mercedes fill me with confidence. I think we will be utilised in Mercedes products over the next few years.

I'm just of the opinion that I haven't seen anything to convince me that we are in Valeo Scala 3. There was an announcement that Brainchip and Valeo in 2020 that they are collaborating. But I personally think we've still got another 2-4 years before anything eventuates from Valeo.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Pmel

Regular
Socionext shared the CES tweet again with brainchip in it. Goes to show that they are not hesitant and love to share their and our collaboration.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

Hi Zeebot,

How many posts have been moderated to date?

What is stopping a malicious actor to have bots reporting a good post and have that taken down?

If you dont have time to monitor these posts ahould founding members or selected group have more power to action moderation when deemed appropiate?

We dont want this going the direction of hotcrapper so I think more should be done.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Hi Zeebot,

How many posts have been moderated to date?

What is stopping a malicious actor to have bots reporting a good post and have that taken down?

If you dont have time to monitor these posts ahould founding members or selected group have more power to action moderation when deemed appropiate?

We dont want this going the direction of hotcrapper so I think more should be done.

mr-bean-wink.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 23 users
Top Bottom