BRN Discussion Ongoing

alwaysgreen

Top 20
I detest manipulating shorters very much!

The only great thing is that I just bought some more due to the price.

Podcast with a multi-billion dollar company, and most likely news of an upcoming AI chip that is going to change the future.

Hoping I can swap my can spaghetti for juicy steaks later this year lol.
The podcasts with ARM and Dell were catalysts for me buying more significant parcels. Where there's smoke there's fire and this was proven correct with our partnership with ARM. Now for an announcement with DELL....

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Getupthere

Regular
google translate was using 500,000 lines of code 5 years ago.

Now only has to use 500 lines of code by using a transformer

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
So that's why we got the LDA deal!
Unrelated article. Is the advanced chip mentioned actually Akida. This is from Reuters technology news today.
TAIPEI, Jan 12 (Reuters) - Taiwanese chipmaker TSMC (2330.TW) posted a 78% rise in fourth-quarter net profit on Thursday, posting yet another quarterly record, as strong sales of advanced chips helped it defy a broader industry downturn that battered cheaper commodity chips.
Reporting by Yimou Lee and Sarah Wu; Writing by Ben Blanchard; Editing by Christopher Cushing

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Earlyrelease

Regular
View attachment 26863

Just imagine 24 or 50 or 100 customer like a Nviso screaming how good their product is. We can easily forget that whilst our little product is the future, our future as LTH is through these companies promoting with passion their products with our brains inside. Patience pays (dividends)- traders pay (tax’s and stress)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

Diogenese

Top 20
google translate was using 500,000 lines of code 5 years ago.

Now only has to use 500 lines of code by using a transformer

Bang ‼️
But how big is the supermodel?

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

jtardif999

Regular
Hi @stuart888

A simplistic breakdown:

France - software design and development;

India - software design and development;

USA - engineering chip design and software development, sales and marketing, business management and development, customer engineering design support, Corporate HQ, University academic program administration;

AUSTRALIA

Sydney - Registered Office and location of share register and Company Secretary;

Perth - The innovation centre where new technology is invented and developed as IP prior to being sent to engineering in USA. Also location of the Scientific Advisory Board.

Hope this helps.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
India - Software and Firmware development.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

White Horse

Regular
Hi All, does anyone know an industry super that lets you trade asx200. I’m with AUS Super. But they only allow ASX300 and others, but not 200.

Looking and converting 10-20% of current sum into BRN. And keep the rest in their usual “stable” and “safe” investment schemes.

Fully aware of risks etc etc.

Cheers

Reactions: 2 users
Hi All, does anyone know an industry super that lets you trade asx200. I’m with AUS Super. But they only allow ASX300 and others, but not 200.

Looking and converting 10-20% of current sum into BRN. And keep the rest in their usual “stable” and “safe” investment schemes.

Cheers
If you can trade 300, can't you automatically trade 200 as they fall within the 300?

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
If you can trade 300, can't you automatically trade 200 as they fall within the 300?
Honestly not sure. I just got a “No we don’t allow our customers to trade in ASX200”.

Maybe they do and poor chat person was clueless.

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Moonshot

Regular

Cheers
You can buy BRN through AusSuper Member Direct service. You can sign up through the website.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users
You can buy BRN through AusSuper Member Direct service. You can sign up through the website.
Oh really??!! That was my exact question to the chat line…

So once setup I can divert x amount to that account and buy BRN whilst the rest stay tucked away on normal investment plans?

Thanks Moonshot!

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users

Moonshot

Regular
Oh really??!! That was my exact question to the chat line…

So once setup I can divert x amount to that account and buy BRN whilst the rest stay tucked away on normal investment plans?

Thanks Moonshot!
100% - have done this myself. Costs about $500 per year though

Reactions: 3 users
100% - have done this myself. Costs about $500 per year though
Ouch, always a catch 🤣😂🤣.

Once we hit 3000 SP that won’t matter hahahah.

Thanks again. I’ll look into it.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Moonshot

Regular
1673508794466.png

From Facebook. Sold out Raspberry Pi and Shuttle PC

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
  • Haha
  • Fire
Screenshot_20230112-181023.png

And here's a fresh screenshot from BRN shop

• Fire
Love this from Zach Shelby from Edge Impulse. He is 100% on Team BrainChip

Apologies if posted prior

“This integration will provide users with a powerful and easy-to-use solution for building and deploying machine learning models on the edge,” said Zach Shelby, co-founder and CEO of Edge Impulse. “We look forward to seeing what our users will create with BrainChip’s AI offering.”

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

Steve10

Regular
Apple, Qualcomm & Nvidia are TSMC customers. 32% of TSMC revenue is for 5nm chips. Only TSMC & Samsung make 5nm chips.

TSMC fourth quarter profit beats expectations on robust chip demand​

investing-new.png
Stock Markets 1 hour ago (Jan 12, 2023 17:26)

By Ambar Warrick

Investing.com -- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co (TW:2330) (TSMC) logged a better-than-expected fourth-quarter profit on Thursday, aided chiefly by steady demand for chips and a more favourable exchange rate, even as its revenue came in slightly below expectations.

TSMC’s diluted earnings per share for the three months to December 31 was 11.41 Taiwan dollars ($1.82), up from 6.41 Taiwan dollars last year and higher than analyst expectations for a reading of 11.12 Taiwan dollars.

The world’s largest chipmaker also logged an improved net profit margin during the quarter, which rose to 47.3% from 37.9% last year. This helped offset a slightly lower-than-expected revenue figure, which came in at 625.53 billion Taiwan dollars ($19.93B), compared to expectations of 638.99B Taiwan dollars. But the figure was within the company's guidance range.

The company ramped up shipments of its 5-nanometer chips during the quarter, with the product now accounting for about 32% of its overall revenue. Along with South Korean conglomerate Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (KS:005930), TSMC is the only other firm in the world that manufactures 5 nm chips.

The firm is a major supplier for iPhone maker Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL), as well as other chipmakers including Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ:QCOM) and NVIDIA Corporation (NASDAQ:NVDA). Its shipments to North America made up about 68% of its revenues in 2022.

TSMC’s overall earnings in 2022 came up to 1.017 trillion Taiwan dollars ($33.39B), nearly twice as the 596.54B Taiwan dollars seen in 2021.

The company also benefited from a more favourable currency exchange rate in 2022, as the Taiwan dollar tumbled over 20% against the dollar during the year.

TSMC saw a sharp surge in revenues over the past two years, as increased demand for electronics due to the COVID-19 pandemic and a crypto boom sparked a global chip shortage. While the trend has now reversed, the past two years helped the Taiwanese firm establish its dominance as the maker of some of the most advanced chips in the world.

This has also helped the firm weather a recent downturn in the industry, which saw peer Samsung recently warn of a severe decline in profits.

TSMC’s Taiwan-listed shares fell 0.3% on Thursday.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Top Bottom