BRN Discussion Ongoing

SiDEvans

Regular
It may be lumpy guidance.

listen to the portion starting from 1:28:45 sec and tell me what you hear Todd is saying about Apple and Qualcomm…help me interpret his message…are they integrating our Akida engine?
Not sure he is saying that directly but certainly a very tasty choice of companies to name. I REALLY hope that is what he is saying

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

stuart888

Regular
Perhaps Mercedes bought a bunch of Luminar Technologies stock, specifically since maybe Brainchip Akida was the only smarts that could handle Luminar's Iris Lidar technology?

"Luminar Iris can detect and classify objects to a maximum range of 1969 feet (600 meters), even at night. It can spot a person or animals crossing the road at up to 820 feet (250 meters). It can detect other small objects at up to 394 feet (120 meters). This is particularly important for autonomous vehicles, as it gives them a much larger field of view and allows them to make more informed decisions about their surroundings."

There has to be a reason Mercedes is all in on Luminar and Akida. The Luminar Iris Lidar is going in Volvo and Toyota.

I am not all up to speed on Luminar, as it just dawned on me that Mercedes bought in last year, watching their CES 2023 stuff that was great.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

VictorG

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

chapman89

Founding Member
From 1 hour 30 minutes onwards have a listen, it’s where Nickunj touches on radar and Lidar and other products coming out “very soon”

English is his second language so it’s a little hard to understand.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

Mccabe84

Regular
Is this a new
8A35F791-87EF-4929-A5D9-FB5D0B1D5EAB.jpeg
0BD43522-6DD9-4384-B353-92D4B68F23AE.jpeg

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 20 users

Getupthere

Regular
“The proceeds raised from the capital call will be used to accelerate our innovation of the groundbreaking Akida technology as we extend our industry leadership in Edge AI. In 2023 the company will tape out another chip and release significant enhancements to our IP offering”, said BrainChip CEO Sean Hehir. Mr. Hehir went on to say “Additionally, we will further expand our go-to-market capabilities by hiring sales personnel in key international markets, as well as increase our domestic sales and marketing headcount.”

Akida 2.0……here we go!

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 58 users

Damo4

Regular

It is:

As of the date of the capital call notice, available funding under the agreement amounts to $27.9M while the company is committed to drawing down a minimum of $15M no later than 31 December 2023.

“The proceeds raised from the capital call will be used to accelerate our innovation of the groundbreaking Akida technology as we extend our industry leadership in Edge AI. In 2023 the company will tape out another chip and release significant enhancements to our IP offering”, said BrainChip CEO Sean Hehir. Mr. Hehir went on to say “Additionally, we will further expand our go-to-market capabilities by hiring sales personnel in key international markets, as well as increase our domestic sales and marketing headcount.”

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
YES!! Sydney – 10 January 2023 (y)
Sydney – 10 January 2023 – BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN), a leading provider of ultralow power, high-performance AI processor technology today announced that the company has submitted a capital call notice to LDA Capital Limited and LDA Capital LLC (LDA) to subscribe for up to 30,000,000 shares with an option for LDA to subscribe up to an additional 10,000,000 shares subject to company approval. The terms of the Put Option Agreement between the Company and LDA were announced to ASX on 13 August 2020 and 26 October 2020 (First Amendment) and again on 13 October 2021 (Second Amendment).

The Capital Call Notice pricing period will begin upon exercise of the put option on or around 11 January, with an anticipated ending date in late March or early April, subject to adjustments based on the share price performance throughout the pricing period. The issue price for the capital call shares will be 91.5% of the higher of the average daily VWAP of shares over the pricing period (subject to any applicable adjustments) and the minimum price notified to LDA Capital by the Company.

As of the date of the capital call notice, available funding under the agreement amounts to $27.9M while the company is committed to drawing down a minimum of $15M no later than 31 December 2023. “The proceeds raised from the capital call will be used to accelerate our innovation of the groundbreaking Akida technology as we extend our industry leadership in Edge AI. In 2023 the company will tape out another chip and release significant enhancements to our IP offering”, said BrainChip CEO Sean Hehir. Mr. Hehir went on to say “Additionally, we will further expand our go-to-market capabilities by hiring sales personnel in key international markets, as well as increase our domestic sales and marketing headcount.”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Foxdog

Regular
Re: Chapman89 post: Yes 'very soon' so one would imagine that BRN has been paid something to facilitate this. That said we might see some moderate revenue in the next 4C. I think even a trickle of increased revenue will indicate that things have really started to progress. Of course the down rampers will jump all over it and SP might fall again. This would not be a true reflection of future growth and might well be an opportune time to deploy any excess funds.

Of course this my opinion only and is based on a personal history of buying and seeing the SP drop poste haste thereafter - almost 100% of the time 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

DJM263

LTH - 2015
Yes, hot off the press.

I like this wording, but still have Sean's comments about covering all employee costs by end of 2022 with sales! Is it just me or has Sean not being doing many interviews lately?

AKIDA Ballista

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 60 users
Media Alert: BrainChip Talks AI Innovation with Accenture's Managing Director and Global Chief Technology Officer, Applied Intelligence Jean-Luc Chatelain

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
Not sure if this has been posted, seemingly hot off the press! Our man Sean speaking with Accenture on the upcoming BRN podcast

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Mccabe84

Regular
So no explosion in sales anytime soon ? Otherwise LDA wouldn’t be needed 🤔

• Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Pmel

Regular
Doesnt look like. Well....

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Damo4

Regular
What's the cost of good sold??
Are you implying that if it was at 50%, we would be expected to be selling $30m in chips to cover $15m of R&D costs, literally not including the usual running costs set out on the last 4C?

Wouldn't $10m still be considered an explosion, given the last 4C? That would still very much require this Capital call.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

JK200SX

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Jimmy17

Regular
No, brn are obliged to draw on $15 mil before 31 Dec 2023. They have to take it whether or not they need it, as per the original funding agreement

• Fire
Reactions: 50 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Yes, hot off the press.

I like this wording, but still have Sean's comments about covering all employee costs by end of 2022 with sales! Is it just me or has Sean not being doing many interviews lately?

AKIDA Ballista
He must have heard you. Podcast out tomorrow.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

TECH

Regular
So this article has made me think again about the potential behemoth that BRN could become. Let's say that the only use case for AKIDA was agricultural applications - weeding, fertilising, recognising sick animals etc. If adopted worldwide (and why wouldn't it be if it's the best and cheapest option out there) then this one industry alone could turn BRN into a multi billion dollar company.

Knowing what we do about possible penetration into multiple and diverse industries, plus our up to 3 year lead on competing technologies, how big can BRN actually get and what does the SP look like when this is a mature company, say 5 to 10 years from now?

HUGE

Read Sean's words very carefully, "significant enhancements to our IP offering"

All of 2023 and All of 2024

Texta x :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 46 users
Top Bottom