BRN Discussion Ongoing

Getupthere

Regular

AMD Launches New AI-Powered PC Chips at CES

L ast year was a tough one for Advanced Micro Devices.

The microprocessor company was hurt in particular by a sharp falloff in personal computer demand, as a pandemic-era surge in PC purchases faded away. The stock lost about half of its value—a decline of more than $100 billion—and fell a little behind the valuation of its rival, Intel.

That was the background as AMD (ticker: AMD) CEO Lisa Su stepped to the CES stage Wednesday evening at the Venetian Resort in Las Vegas to deliver the opening keynote for the giant tech trade show’s 2023 edition. Su announced updates to AMD’s Ryzen processor lineup that include integrated artificial intelligence capabilities. That echoes a theme that will resonate all week at CES: AI has arrived, and it is showing in every conceivable kind of device.

The addition of AI features into AMD’s processors reflects the first instance of the company integrating technology from Xilinx, which AMD acquired in February 2022 for about $35 billion in stock. AMD contends that the Ryzen AI engine in its new processors is 20% faster than the same capability in the Apple (AAPL) M2 processor. AMD noted that Intel (INTC) doesn’t currently offer AI capabilities in its x86 based processors.

AMD also said there will be more than 250 new AMD-based notebook designs coming to market from HP Inc. (HPQ), Lenovo, and other major PC manufacturers this year, up more than 25% from last year.

The company unveiled at the show were the Ryzen 7040 Series processor; the Ryzen 7045HX processor for high-end applications; a new series of gaming processors called the Ryzen 7000X3D; and the Radeon RX 7000 Series Graphics chips.

AMD also unveiled the Instinct MI300 accelerator chip for supercomputers and AI applications. The chip will be used in El Capitan, a supercomputer under development at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. AMD said the new chips offer considerable performance and efficiency improvement from the current generation AMD data center accelerator, which is used in the Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Frontier supercomputer at the Oak Ridge Leadership Computing Facility in Tennessee. AMD said that AI training models that take months to run now could be done in weeks with the MI300.

“This is an incredible time to be in the semiconductor industry as the last few years have highlighted how virtually every product, service, and experience in our lives are powered by chips,” Su said.

Write to Eric J. Savitz at eric.savitz@barrons.com

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users
I love Fact Finder. An absolute ripper. He’s just likely putting a positive spin and keeping the vibe up with what is fundamentally many many positives.

However the comment about why BRN sold off today is absolute rubbish..

Why am I here, because there’s some poor souls like Blind Freddy that would’ve bought BRN above $2 on the endless positive information here, and have been emotionally destroyed from investing, so it’s always good to give balanced opinions..
Another saviour - praise the lord! Cut from the same cloth as a certain member from the crapper. Rhymes with shmare spam.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
That would cut it perfectly well if Semi Comductors sold off strongly into close.. However they largely closed near daily highs…

I would say BRN sold off today because of mainly point 1 below. As you say Blind Freddy could see points 2,3,&4:

1. People buying in recently at the 68-70c inflection level had made 20% in 2-3 trading days which is brilliant for this market in that sector for a stock that’s 70% down from all time highs.

2. Shorters covering into the potential news event we’re a large part of the wave of buying

3. On a day of hype and expectation at CES during our market hours, there was no ground breaking news moving presentations that highlighted BRN in any way shape or form.

4. 2025 earliest for OEMs to start selling these cars. Might as well buy DEG who will start selling gold in 2025. At least the PMs sector is rising.

🤣🤣😘❤️🍭🍭🍭 (candy for you Wilzy, our resident hater)
What are the weaknesses of manipulators?

Many chronic manipulators eventually pay a steep price and suffer personal and/or professional setbacks. The negative consequences of chronic manipulation may include some of the following:

1. Multiple communication and relationship issues from the manipulator’s unwillingness to be forthright and accountable.
  2. Personal and/or professional alienation from others feeling cheated, lied to, disappointed, betrayed, coerced, or sabotaged.
  3. Personal and/or professional reputation damage from lack of trust, reliability, dependability, and authenticity.
  4. Significant personal and/or professional opportunity loss from lack of credibility. Poor performance reviews at work, leading to career setbacks or, in the worst cases, demotion or termination.
  5. Loss of integrity with associated insecurity and low self-esteem, knowing deep inside that one is a “fraud.”
  6. Triggering of self-absorption and egocentric tendencies, with an inability to engage in truly healthy relationships.
  7. Triggering of passive-aggressive tendencies, with an inability to engage in truly collaborative relationships.
  8. Triggering of narcissistic tendencies, with an inability to engage in truly loving relationships.
  9. More distant, weary, and stressful relationships in general. Many relationship fallouts and cutoffs.
  10. The manipulator may experience physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual distress due to a guilty conscience and shame.
  11. The manipulator may feel stress and anxiety from having to constantly “cover” themselves, for fear of being found out and exposed.
  12. The manipulator may experience quiet but persistent moral crises and ethical conflicts, and may have a difficult time living with themselves.
Seek help before it gets too bad. You can turn it around, choice is yours.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

VictorG

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
Another saviour - praise the lord! Cut from the same cloth as a certain member from the crapper. Rhymes with shmare spam.
As he says Fact Finder relies on facts to influence people here. He has caught me out Blind Freddie said it would happen one day.

What we need is Black Fact Finder who to restore balance makes up fantasy facts to keep things balanced and by doing so save ignorant retail from being sucked in by factual information.

I would expect that this Black Fact Finder would also keep offending by posting fanciful charts on the discussion thread to try an negatively influence people even though all the respected chartist at TSEx never do so.

As @Wilzy lives to hate Black Fact Finder would also be a never ending source of hateful unsupported comments to keep him engaged.

Black Fact Finder could even suggest that Fact Finder had no idea why the share price fell because nothing came out of the first day of a multi day event when the truth is that there was a major reveal of a significant strategic partnership with Edge Impulse in the last 24 hours garnering semiconductor news headlines around the world and dominating discussions on these threads and social media.

The problem for Black Fact Finder is that spreading untrue facts on TSEx is so quickly found out that the position of Black Fact Finder as shareholder saviour will be quickly redundant and he will have to return to where he came from and think of a new approach to bring about retail shareholder manipulation.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 47 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
85c gap closed today......I am waiting at 67c for the next gap to close. Hope it never gets there but without news TA traders and shorters will get it there. One day these prices will be laughable.......gotta play the game

Screenshot_20230105_201052_Photo Editor.jpg

fXOzKlENSDovqbddPp.gif

Larry.

Edited - apologies chart did not upload

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Will be interesting to see the additional shorts taken out today, to smash the price down.

The amount will correspond with their level of anxiety, in my opinion.

The amount taken out has risen considerably the last few days.

I think the reported figures for today, will show 5 to 8 million additional borrowed shares (if they're reported).

As long as the aggregate rises, I'm happy 😉

_20230105_191941.JPG

• Haha

Labsy

Regular
AMD will announce new processor, world's 1st x86 with dedicated ai engine... AMR RYZEN AI...
50% more efficient than Apple M2 neural processors...

Hmm 🤔🤔

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
AMD will announce new processor, world's 1st x86 with dedicated ai engine... AMR RYZEN AI...
50% more efficient than Apple M2 neural processors...

Hmm 🤔🤔

I think Xilinx ai (which they recently acquired) is said to be behind this.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

VictorG

I know I dismissed Qualcomm's concept car as being cloud connected, but reading their blog I found the following passage that leaves the door just slightly open for akida involvement.

The future of automotive development, software-defined vehicles allow applications to be developed in the cloud and deployed at the edge, streamlining the development process and empowering the ecosystem to bring connected, intelligent, and always fresh experiences into the cockpit.

• Love
  • Fire
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

equanimous

Will be interesting to see the additional shorts taken out today, to smash the price down.

The amount will correspond with their level of anxiety, in my opinion.

The amount taken out has risen considerably the last few days.

I think the reported figures for today, will show 5 to 8 million additional borrowed shares (if they're reported).

As long as the aggregate rises, I'm happy 😉

View attachment 26267
Hi Dingo,

This seems to correlate with the rise of institutional ownership which they purchase, then lend it out to make money rather than just sit on the shares.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

equanimous

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Hi Dingo,

This seems to correlate with the rise of institutional ownership which they purchase, then lend it out to make money rather than just sit on the shares.
Agreed.

Some institutions, will be directly involved in the shorting, large institutions like Citicorp.

Most will lend the shares to other parties (I'm guessing 😛).

Shorting is part and parcel of all large companies.

And BrainChip, may just end up being a biggie 😉

That's why people shouldn't be upset or depressed about their actions.

They aren't going away.

You can't keep a strengthening spring, compressed for ever though...

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users
S

Straw

Don't let the total assholes from 'the other place' get you down. They have serious mental issues arising from being genetic throwbacks to scum.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Ethinvestor

Regular

The Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Chip Industry is Expected to Reach $304 Billion by 2030​

(I wanted to get some figures - they announced ths today on / www.ces.tech / Who are Frontiers in Business AI

Meet some trailblazing companies and innovators who are taking big leaps with AI and get a glimpse into the impact it will have on our lives.

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users
Just in case you missed my post containing the facts around FOMO:

“The partnership sees BrainChip's transfer learning block added to Edge Impulse Studio, support added for running the Edge Impulse Faster Objects More Objects (FOMO) vision models on Akida devices, no-code binary generation support on the AKD1000 chip, and generation of BrainChip-compatible edge learning models with full performance metrics for model profiling”

At risk of over burdening retail shareholders with facts it is probably interesting to look at what companies were trialling FOMO when Edge Impulse was denying any involvement of AKIDA. 😇🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users
Reactions: 2 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Nur für den Fall, dass Sie meinen Beitrag mit den Fakten rund um FOMO verpasst haben:

„Im Rahmen der Partnerschaft wird Edge Impulse Studio um den Transfer-Lernblock von BrainChip erweitert, die Unterstützung für die Ausführung der Vision-Modelle Edge Impulse Faster Objects More Objects (FOMO) auf Akida-Geräten, die Unterstützung der No-Code-Binärgenerierung auf dem AKD1000-Chip und die Generierung von BrainChip- kompatible Edge-Learning-Modelle mit vollständigen Leistungsmetriken für die Modellprofilerstellung“

https://www.hackster.io/news/edge-i...🪁 Meine Meinung nur DYOR FF AKIDA-BALLISTA
you know @Faktenfinder you shouldn't influence anyone here with your knowledge

No GIF by Becky G

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom