BRN Discussion Ongoing

Makeme 2020

Regular

Edge Impulse and BrainChip partner to support the Akida platform

News
1 min read
Neil Tyler
04 Jan 2023

Edge Impulse has announced official support for BrainChip's neural processor AI IP, making BrainChip the first strategic IP partner on the Edge Impulse platform.
brainchip-akida-edge-processor-1024x576.png

This integration will enable users to leverage Edge Impulse's machine learning platform, combined with the high-performance neural processing capabilities of BrainChip's Akida to develop and deploy powerful edge-based solutions.
Among the products supported by Edge Impulse is BrainChip's AKD1000 SoC, the first available device with Akida IP for developers. This comes with a BrainChip Akida PCIe reference board, which can be plugged into a developer's existing system to unlock capabilities for a wide array of edge AI use cases, including Automotive, Consumer, Home, and Industrial applications.
The Akida IP platform provides low-power, high-performance edge AI acceleration, designed to enable real-time machine learning inferencing on-device.
Based on neuromorphic principles that mimic the brain, Akida supports current models and workloads but will also be able to address emerging trends in efficient AI. Now devices with the Akida IP supported by Edge Impulse can enable users to sample raw data, build models, and deploy trained embedded machine learning models directly from Edge Impulse Studio to create the next generation of low-power, high-performance ML applications.
"This integration will provide users with a powerful and easy-to-use solution for building and deploying machine learning models on the edge," said Zach Shelby, co-founder and CEO of Edge Impulse. "We look forward to seeing what our users will create with BrainChip's AI offering."
"BrainChip's goal is to push the limits of on-chip AI compute to extremely energy-constrained sensor devices, the kind of performance that is only available in much higher power systems." said Sean Hehir, BrainChip's CEO. "Having our Akida IP supported and implemented into the Edge Impulse platform helps ensure that developers are able to deploy ML solutions quickly and easily to create a much more capable, innovative, and truly intelligent edge."
Edge Impulse and BrainChip already have an established relationship, previously announcing cross-platform support, including support for deploying Edge Impulse projects on the BrainChip MetaTF platform. Some of the features in which the user community can leverage include:
  • BrainChip's transfer learning block on Edge Impulse design studio
  • Quantization Aware Training (QAT)
  • The introduction of FOMO for BrainChip's Akida
  • Generation of BrainChip's compatible Edge Learning Models
  • No-code binary generation for quick AKD1000 deployment
  • Performance metrics for model profiling
The ongoing combination of BrainChip's Akida technology and Edge Impulse's platform, tools, and services will allow customers to deliver ML with fast and efficient development cycles to get to market quicker and achieve a competitive advantage.
Artificial Intelligence
ASIC & SoC

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

Pepsin

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 84 users

Getupthere

Regular
We love ❤️ the Germans!

1672863829823.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users

TopCat

Regular
Bear Flag are a part of the John Deere group. They use LiDAR, radar and cameras for autonomous driving of machinery. Blue River Technology, another John Deere acquisition, do a See and Spray technology as well. No definite dots yet though.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Violin1

Regular
Hello Future Zillionaires,

Just wanted to do a shoutout for our very hardworking creator ZeeB0t, thanks Z for creating this safe haven that I love & look forward to visiting each & every day. I really enjoy my time here & I get to learn so much from our most Brilliant Science Fiction Posters, to our posters with Dodgy Knees & even our naughty naked Hot Tub Party Posters, I love & cherish you all.

We also get to have a laugh & pay out on all the WANCA's which is so much fun.

Now as we all know nothing in life is free & Z's site is not free either, just the price chart on this page alone costs Z more than $500 p/m so please if you can afford to & you enjoy & cherish this site as much as I do, become a paid member like many of us have already to support Z with his costs & to support the time & effort Z puts in to maintain this site.

Z is a brilliant friend of mine, he is very nice, caring & he is oh so smart, he has a very full & busy life, wife, kids, bees, chickens, full time job etc

The only reason Z created this space for us was because he was sick of the Hot Crapper & wanted us to all to have a friendly respectful new place to share our love of investing.

I don't know about you but I never want to go back to the Crapper, I want Z to run this site forever, so please pay if you can ❤️

do it jewish GIF
Yep. Hey @zeeb0t - I may have missed your reply to questions from others but do we get a reminder when our annual fee is up and needs to be paid and can we just do it automatically year after year? Thanks

EDIT - JUST SAW RISES POST RE SETTINGS - THANKS

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
Well who would have thought it would take an old technophobe retired lawyer to confirm that Edge Impulse runs FOMO on AKIDA:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 62 users

Dhm

Regular
Here are the times for all of today's major conferences:

LG: 11AM ET / 8AM PT

Samsung: 5PM ET / 2PM PT

Sony: 8PM ET / 5PM PT

AMD: 9:30PM ET / 6:30PM PT

BMW: 11PM ET / 8PM PT
The BMW keynote is on 3pm Sydney time, and Sony midday. Registration is for trade only as far as I can tell. Does anyone have the means to watch some of these keynotes? Otherwise we will just wait for twitter and LinkedIn notifications.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Well who would have thought it would take an old technophobe retired lawyer to confirm that Edge Impulse runs FOMO on AKIDA:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
When the Edge Impulse denials that this was the case all I could think of was dead parrots:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Foxdog

Regular
It's obviously too hard for people to say Rise is a fricken champ. ☹️😂
You are a Fricken Champ Rise 😎 But your timing was off - I think everyone was asleep when you first posted the 'promotion' 😄

I'm all subscribed but I don't reckon I'd still be holding BRN if it wasn't for this awesome community. I encourage anyone who feels the same to show a bit of appreciation and become a paid member. An investment opportunity like this is rare and so is the mutual support and access to research that we all benefit from here. Fd

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Yep. Hey @zeeb0t - I may have missed your reply to questions from others but do we get a reminder when our annual fee is up and needs to be paid and can we just do it automatically year after year? Thanks

EDIT - JUST SAW RISES POST RE SETTINGS - THANKS
I figured when I start getting over 60's female match making sites recommended to me I should pay my renewal...

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Moonshot

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Pmel

Regular
Anyone knows when socionext doing their demo with brainchip?

Reactions: 3 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Does somebody knows, if we are involved?

ZF and US mobility provider Beep are planning to deliver several thousand new-generation shuttles
New shuttle generation celebrates world premiere at CES 2023

ZF and Beep plan to deliver several thousand new-generation autonomous Level 4 shuttles for the US market
With its autonomous transport system (ATS), technology group offers customers a comprehensive shuttle service concept including fleet management, maintenance, repairs and training
Friedrichshafen / Las Vegas. At the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas/Nevada, USA, ZF is presenting the next generation of its shuttle for autonomous driving in urban environments and mixed traffic to the world public. The new generation thus complements the established model, which is primarily designed for use in separate lanes. For the new generation of shuttles, ZF has announced a strategic partnership with US mobility service provider Beep, based in Lake Nona, Florida. The agreement covers a planning volume of several thousand Level 4 shuttle vehicles for use in certain areas of the USA. The cooperation combines ZF's ATS with Beep's mobility services..
Unlock Mobility: New shuttle generation celebrates world premiere

The new shuttle is equipped with the latest sensor technology consisting of lidar, radar, camera and noise detection systems, which guarantee precise recognition of the surroundings. In addition, there is further technology such as the ZF ProConnect connectivity platform, which enables communication with the traffic infrastructure and the cloud, as well as the ZF ProAI supercomputer, in which the data in the vehicle converges.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
Good Morning All!

I have my fingers crossed for a nice open this morning with little push back

ATM, not much below .83 on the sell, a fair few already on the buy 0.83 and above, I hope it'll hold or push to 90c

1672868556507.png

1672868716489.png

1672868592891.png

Attachments

• 1672867990719.png
    1672867990719.png
    25 KB · Views: 44
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

davidfitz

Regular
What will it take for Valeo to utter those magic words - Brainchip's Akida? They seem happy to mention others so why not us?? After all we are "trusted" by them so maybe it's time to now state why! Others appear to be fine with it!!

Driver Monitoring​

Valeo’s Driver Monitoring is a camera-based system that tracks driver alertness by identifying the driver and monitoring their attentiveness. It is an essential life-saving technology.

Distraction and drowsiness detection​

The system alerts the driver when it detects signs of drowsiness or distraction. It also ensures that the driver has their eyes on the road when they need to resume driving in manual mode, in a Level 2+ automated vehicle. The upgrade helps reduce accidents related to fatigue and distraction.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
Does somebody knows, if we are involved?

ZF and US mobility provider Beep are planning to deliver several thousand new-generation shuttles
New shuttle generation celebrates world premiere at CES 2023

ZF and Beep plan to deliver several thousand new-generation autonomous Level 4 shuttles for the US market
With its autonomous transport system (ATS), technology group offers customers a comprehensive shuttle service concept including fleet management, maintenance, repairs and training
Friedrichshafen / Las Vegas. At the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas/Nevada, USA, ZF is presenting the next generation of its shuttle for autonomous driving in urban environments and mixed traffic to the world public. The new generation thus complements the established model, which is primarily designed for use in separate lanes. For the new generation of shuttles, ZF has announced a strategic partnership with US mobility service provider Beep, based in Lake Nona, Florida. The agreement covers a planning volume of several thousand Level 4 shuttle vehicles for use in certain areas of the USA. The cooperation combines ZF's ATS with Beep's mobility services..
Unlock Mobility: New shuttle generation celebrates world premiere

The new shuttle is equipped with the latest sensor technology consisting of lidar, radar, camera and noise detection systems, which guarantee precise recognition of the surroundings. In addition, there is further technology such as the ZF ProConnect connectivity platform, which enables communication with the traffic infrastructure and the cloud, as well as the ZF ProAI supercomputer, in which the data in the vehicle converges.

All I know is this. Tim Llewellyn CEO of Nviso is the current President of BCA and the Founding Partners of BCA are listed in the following link. Given these facts ZF would undoubtedly know about Brainchip and the technology Science Fiction that is AKIDA technology:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

M_C

Founding Member
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Pmel

Regular
What will it take for Valeo to utter those magic words - Brainchip's Akida? They seem happy to mention others so why not us?? After all we are "trusted" by them so maybe it's time to now state why! Others appear to be fine with it!!

Driver Monitoring​

Valeo’s Driver Monitoring is a camera-based system that tracks driver alertness by identifying the driver and monitoring their attentiveness. It is an essential life-saving technology.

Distraction and drowsiness detection​

The system alerts the driver when it detects signs of drowsiness or distraction. It also ensures that the driver has their eyes on the road when they need to resume driving in manual mode, in a Level 2+ automated vehicle. The upgrade helps reduce accidents related to fatigue and distraction.
Hopefully a big company will mention us and showcase Akida. If not the SP will suffer again.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Morning Chippers .. very much looking forward to the next 2 days ...... didn't sleep too well last night!!!!!! 😫💤💤 GO BRN :cool::cool:
Lots of positivity through the world markets ⬆️⬆️ (y)(y)
SYMBOLPRICECHANGE%CHANGE
DJIA33,269.77+133.4+0.4
NASDAQ10,458.76+71.78+0.69
S&P 5003,852.97+28.83+0.75
*GOLD1,860.8+14.7+0.8
*OIL73.17-3.76-4.89
US 10-YR3.688-0.104UNCH
EUR/USD1.06+0.006+0.54
VIX22.01-0.89-3.89

*HSI20,793.11+647.82+3.22

Stock Indexes​

SYMBOLPRICECHANGE%CHANGE
*FTSE7,585.19+31.1+0.41
*DAX14,490.78+309.11+2.18
CAC6,776.43+152.54+2.3
*STOXX600440.19+6.01+1.38
AEX717.51+9.88+1.4
BEL 203,820.39+31.33+0.83
*FTSE MIB24,860.56+424.09+1.74
OMXS302,120.35+30.32+1.45
*SMI11,140.27+161.63+1.47
HEX11,048.32+52.72+0.48
PSI205,866.87+37.03+0.64
OMXC 251,728.6-13.88-0.8
RUSSIA2,168.42-4.26-0.2

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users
Hopefully a big company will mention us and showcase Akida. If not the SP will suffer again.
Well everything will be fine because two big companies Socionext and Renesas have already announced they will be demonstrating with Brainchip the AKIDA Science Fiction so the odds are highly in favour of them mentioning the name Brainchip.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 65 users
Top Bottom