BRN Discussion Ongoing

Terroni2105

Founding Member
thinking of Megachips …

We know BrainChip has partnered directly with CMU, RIT and Arizona State Uni for their University AI Accelerator Program.

But how about an indirect university connection, through Megachips, to Santa Clara University (SCU), situated in the heart of Silicon Valley 🫢

From Megachips website … (we’ve all read) “made significant investments in the US to identify key partners, build relationships with local universities, and acquire key talent in this space. In 2021, the company made multi-million-dollar investments in two key AI/IP partners, Brainchip and Quadric, to bolster its offerings in the Edge AI market. “

I suggest BrainChip will be getting some concomitant benefit from Megachips partnership with Santa Clara Uni.

1672627822589.jpeg

Here’s a bit of info about the SCU masters degree on Robotics and Automation which commenced in 2021 … “the program will leverage the expertise and international reputation of the School of Engineering’s Robotic Systems Laboratory, which develops advanced robotic systems and automation technology for vehicles and instruments that operate on or in land, sea, air, and space. Examples of this work includes the development of deep-sea instruments and robots for the National Science Foundation, the design of agricultural field robots for several California growers, the development of AI-based robotic control algorithms for the Megachips Corporation, and the control of on-orbit spacecraft for NASA”.

https://www.scu.edu/engineering/sto...l-2021/new-ms-in-robotics-and-automation.html

https://www.megachips.co.jp/english/pdf/21mr/16-17.pdf

https://www.scu.edu/stem/connect/

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

Easytiger

Regular
Hi @Foxdog

I could say “all of the above” because these are all things that could be in someone’s plan.

But where I will start is with the why bother to have a plan.

We all are hopefully learning everyday from our life experience and in my Police career I had drummed into me the importance of operational planning to deal with emergency situations.

The reasoning behind this is very simple it is harder to think and easier to make mistakes in situations of stress.

So the best time to think and make decisions is during periods of calm when you can stand back and in your own time weigh all your options.

This idea carried over into my work as a prosecutor and then as a lawyer.

As a lawyer I quickly realised that when clients came to me looking for a solution to whatever their problem was it was incredibly rare for the client to actually have thought through what the solution would look like and where they would go once it was achieved.

Risk reward was a foreign concept which never entered their thinking.

For example in a simple personal injury case the risk you might think is clear you could loose.

This however is often not the greatest risk for the client the greatest risk is winning but not being awarded sufficient having regard to what it cost to win and then receiving a conservative assessment of their loss by the court leaving them with insufficient to achieve their goal.

Thus it can often be the case that taking an early offer of settlement for what seems to be a modest amount can best satisfy their goal.

What I discovered however was that the majority of my clients were so stressed at and during settlement negotiations they could not think properly about the risk reward even when laid out in front of them in black and white at the time an offer was made and being discussed.

It was apparent that I needed to educate the client from the moment they walked into my office about the need to have a plan should an offer of settlement be made to them. It is mostly the case that settlement offers have a time limit on acceptance often as tight as until close of business on the day of offer.

I see this as entirely analogous to buying shares in the hope they will appreciate in value.

At any point an announcement like the Mercedes Benz reveal can come out of left field and things go crazy and you have a very limited amount of time to make decisions under severe stress.

Someone who had a plan as simple as I will sell all my holding when it hits $2.00 and pay off my mortgage early and I am happy to wait five years would have been greatly advantages by putting that plan into immediate effect.

The person without a plan would likely have missed the opportunity by the time they decided what to do the opportunity would have been lost.

In fact I am sure like me you have read posts by some here saying ‘I wish I had …. when the price hit $2.34.’

Plans do not need to be complicated or clever.

All they need to be is made before the event.

The clever part is having a plan and executing it.

Buying 50,000 shares for your child’s long term financial future is a plan. But how simple and uncomplicated is such a plan.

Having a target value that will net you an amount to pay off your mortgage 30 years ahead of schedule is a plan.

Again very simple but nonetheless paying off your mortgage is life changing for most people. I know it was for my wife and I.

My personal situation and plan is peculiar to me and has no application to anyone else so has no value.

I am strange in this regard and have lots of factors in play that definitely are peculiar to me.

Suffice to say my plan is to create generational wealth. The first part of my plan involves trading to average down to increase my overall share portfolio. The second part is to continuously control risk by researching and reading everything I can about the companies I hold. I am not a set and forget investor.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Thanks FF for sharing your experience and wisdom. As always, sound advice for life.

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users
Hi All

The CHATGpt discussions starting with @chapman89 had caught my imagination and having read Jordan B. Peterson’s book his video posted today led to some further reading and I discovered the following paper/blog thought piece.

I personally believe that this thought piece is a must read for a whole range of reasons one of which is related to investing and research.

This piece makes clear that a political and moral framework can be programmed or developed into CHATGpt so that a narrative is produced regardless of the question asked.

So as an investor consider what such moral and political narratives would be pursued were you to ask the question which are the oil explorers with the largest reserves still to come on line that are available to invest in on the ASX?

What publicly listed biotechnology companies are working on brain computer interphases?

What if you asked is Brainchip a good company to invest in? Could you get a response framed by the morality of working with defence contractors?

Using Google you just get links not a programmed narrative based on political or moral constraints. This is an entirely new ball game.

This next step raises many questions we all need to individually understand and be aware of as the social engineering implications inherent in this technology advance are unprecedented.

Could a MF pay for a particular narrative to run within the system?

In China imagine what narrative could be propagated by such a system.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 34 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Can't believe Mercedes started working on this in 2018. A couple of weeks ago people were given the opportunity to drive the VISION AVTR concept car ahead of the release of "Avatar: The Way Of Water."

Tweet pm.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

TopCat

Regular
By chance whilst looking up something on agriculture, I came across the website of Andante ( not sure who they are ). One of their partners I noticed was Valeo , who it says have been working with CEA ( which is The French Alternative Energies and Atomic Commission ) on a new 3D LIDAR. They’ve created a new startup company called Steerlight. Apologies if someone has already posted this info.

5B28D633-F710-4D66-8A7D-F45DD0203B0E.jpeg

DF7DB059-DA6E-49F4-9E97-DD30A01B5A8C.jpeg

CF2DCA7E-0A8F-431C-B88E-CE52570BD219.jpeg
57645F14-C3B9-4E5B-A219-0C9E7646FE45.jpeg
83817F7F-4649-421F-9005-DE7FFC519EDB.jpeg
D547F71B-F405-478D-A844-9B8B9666335C.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi All

The CHATGpt discussions starting with @chapman89 had caught my imagination and having read Jordan B. Peterson’s book his video posted today led to some further reading and I discovered the following paper/blog thought piece.

I personally believe that this thought piece is a must read for a whole range of reasons one of which is related to investing and research.

This piece makes clear that a political and moral framework can be programmed or developed into CHATGpt so that a narrative is produced regardless of the question asked.

So as an investor consider what such moral and political narratives would be pursued were you to ask the question which are the oil explorers with the largest reserves still to come on line that are available to invest in on the ASX?

What publicly listed biotechnology companies are working on brain computer interphases?

What if you asked is Brainchip a good company to invest in? Could you get a response framed by the morality of working with defence contractors?

Using Google you just get links not a programmed narrative based on political or moral constraints. This is an entirely new ball game.

This next step raises many questions we all need to individually understand and be aware of as the social engineering implications inherent in this technology advance are unprecedented.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Yes. From my extremely limited exposure to ChatGPT (only on TSEx - my knee jerk response to the first example provided by (?) just after Tim Lewellynn's (nViso) enthusiastic endorsement) was that the responses were anodyne. I think the technology has a way to go before it can produce genuinely analytical deductions, let alone practical creativity, or even genuinely original idiomatic responses.

I don't think it will be vying with Samuel Johnson for authorship of Shakespeare's works any time soon.

Mind you, my prognostications about low earth satellites was wrong, so ... anything I say should be taken with a liberal dosing of NaCl.

And, as you say, it is susceptible to the biases of the controlling entity.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Foxdog

Regular
Hi @Foxdog

I could say “all of the above” because these are all things that could be in someone’s plan.

But where I will start is with the why bother to have a plan.

We all are hopefully learning everyday from our life experience and in my Police career I had drummed into me the importance of operational planning to deal with emergency situations.

The reasoning behind this is very simple it is harder to think and easier to make mistakes in situations of stress.

So the best time to think and make decisions is during periods of calm when you can stand back and in your own time weigh all your options.

This idea carried over into my work as a prosecutor and then as a lawyer.

As a lawyer I quickly realised that when clients came to me looking for a solution to whatever their problem was it was incredibly rare for the client to actually have thought through what the solution would look like and where they would go once it was achieved.

Risk reward was a foreign concept which never entered their thinking.

For example in a simple personal injury case the risk you might think is clear you could loose.

This however is often not the greatest risk for the client the greatest risk is winning but not being awarded sufficient having regard to what it cost to win and then receiving a conservative assessment of their loss by the court leaving them with insufficient to achieve their goal.

Thus it can often be the case that taking an early offer of settlement for what seems to be a modest amount can best satisfy their goal.

What I discovered however was that the majority of my clients were so stressed at and during settlement negotiations they could not think properly about the risk reward even when laid out in front of them in black and white at the time an offer was made and being discussed.

It was apparent that I needed to educate the client from the moment they walked into my office about the need to have a plan should an offer of settlement be made to them. It is mostly the case that settlement offers have a time limit on acceptance often as tight as until close of business on the day of offer.

I see this as entirely analogous to buying shares in the hope they will appreciate in value.

At any point an announcement like the Mercedes Benz reveal can come out of left field and things go crazy and you have a very limited amount of time to make decisions under severe stress.

Someone who had a plan as simple as I will sell all my holding when it hits $2.00 and pay off my mortgage early and I am happy to wait five years would have been greatly advantages by putting that plan into immediate effect.

The person without a plan would likely have missed the opportunity by the time they decided what to do the opportunity would have been lost.

In fact I am sure like me you have read posts by some here saying ‘I wish I had …. when the price hit $2.34.’

Plans do not need to be complicated or clever.

All they need to be is made before the event.

The clever part is having a plan and executing it.

Buying 50,000 shares for your child’s long term financial future is a plan. But how simple and uncomplicated is such a plan.

Having a target value that will net you an amount to pay off your mortgage 30 years ahead of schedule is a plan.

Again very simple but nonetheless paying off your mortgage is life changing for most people. I know it was for my wife and I.

My personal situation and plan is peculiar to me and has no application to anyone else so has no value.

I am strange in this regard and have lots of factors in play that definitely are peculiar to me.

Suffice to say my plan is to create generational wealth. The first part of my plan involves trading to average down to increase my overall share portfolio. The second part is to continuously control risk by researching and reading everything I can about the companies I hold. I am not a set and forget investor.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thanks for the comprehensive response FF. There is always the fear of selling too early and missing out on potential future gains. I for one didn't sell at $2.34 as I was/am waiting for a much higher strike point. I have been buying throughout the retrace though as I'm certain this investment will surpass previous highs.

Interesting point about making a plan during periods of calm and relying on those choices at times when indecision would otherwise prevail. I guess the one biggest point, for me anyway, is remembering what I was aiming to achieve with any particular plan and then being satisfied when that plan comes to fruition - it's very easy to abandon a plan in lieu of greed. But for now $5.00, $7.50, $10.00 bring it on.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Can't believe Mercedes started working on this in 2018. A couple of weeks ago people were given the opportunity to drive the VISION AVTR concept car ahead of the release of "Avatar: The Way Of Water."

View attachment 25917

Ken also got a chance to test his technology
1672632953068.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Worker122

Regular
Hi All

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Quite concerning on many levels. A matter that will have to be dealt with sometime soon as well. Seed planted, are doing more research into any progress along this theme. Thoughtful post FF.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

JK200SX

Regular
Yes. From my extremely limited exposure to ChatGPT (only on TSEx - my knee jerk response to the first example provided by (?) just after Tim Lewellynn's (nViso) enthusiastic endorsement) was that the responses were anodyne. I think the technology has a way to go before it can produce genuinely analytical deductions, let alone practical creativity, or even genuinely original idiomatic responses.

I don't think it will be vying with Samuel Johnson for authorship of Shakespeare's works any time soon.

Mind you, my prognostications about low earth satellites was wrong, so ... anything I say should be taken with a liberal dosing of NaCl.

And, as you say, it is susceptible to the biases of the controlling entity.

So, I thought I'd put ChatGPT to the test on an age old question that has led to many an argument amongst friends and some relatives...

I asked the question, "Was Alexander the Great, Greek or Macedonian?"

The answer came back as Macedonian. I then clicked on the "regenerate response" button, and the answer was then Greek. As I kept on regenerating the answer, ChatGPT continued to alternate the answers, and sometimes blended the 2 answers together, better than I'd ever heard from any great uncle :)

So, in my opinion, I wouldn't take chatgpt with any authority whatsoever, other than it helping you write a 300 word high school essay :)

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Worker122

Regular
Quite concerning on many levels. A matter that will have to be dealt with sometime soon as well. Seed planted, are doing more research into any progress along this theme. Thoughtful post FF.
Seems like there has been some effort made to address this issue and from this extract from FRONTIERS they are not making much headway.

Our capacity to trace culpability back to the maker or operator is allegedly threatened by machines that can operate by unfixed rules and learn new patterns of behavior. The supposed “ever-widening” divide is a cause for alarm, as it threatens “both the moral framework of society and the foundation of the liability idea in law.” The use of AI may leave us without anyone to hold accountable for any sort of damage done. The extent of danger is unknown, and the use of machines will severely limit our ability to assign blame and take ownership of the decision-making (30

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Ken also got a chance to test his technology
View attachment 25919
Ken better watch out, I got done for protruding a limb many moons ago 😂 more like half my body out of a vehicle window( yes I was being a dick) although the vehicle was moving so ken should be right.
Thanks again for your creativity always gives me a laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Easytiger

Regular
So, I thought I'd put ChatGPT to the test on an age old question that has led to many an argument amongst friends and some relatives...

I asked the question, "Was Alexander the Great, Greek or Macedonian?"

The answer came back as Macedonian. I then clicked on the "regenerate response" button, and the answer was then Greek. As I kept on regenerating the answer, ChatGPT continued to alternate the answers, and sometimes blended the 2 answers together, better than I'd ever heard from any great uncle :)

So, in my opinion, I wouldn't take chatgpt with any authority whatsoever, other than it helping you write a 300 word high school essay :)
Homework - what it was built for

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

VictorG

I just put chatGPT to the test.
The answer is the chicken!

Now if you want to brainfck chatGPT with a 3d question, ask it what came first, the chicken the egg or the cock.

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users
Homework - what it was built for
Now there you go ChatGpt every parents dream. No longer spending hours supervising school projects and that question at 10 pm "Dad do you have a large sheet of red cardboard?" 😖

Just so long as like the Hitler youth movement it is not taking apart our children's personalities and creating a generation who believe that climate change, racism, poverty, cost of housing etc; was the result of a deliberate planned conspiracy by their parents and grandparents generation to deprive them of a future. ☹

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users
Somebody mentioned 20 billion can't be arsed scrolling back.Mam , Sir Akida/brainchip is not a cheap Saturday night whore🤨 ♥️
IMG_20230102_071629697~3.jpg

Well baked some bread in air fryer oven have to say unfortunately I'm very impressed 👍

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
I just put chatGPT to the test.
The answer is the chicken!

Now if you want to brainfck chatGPT with a 3d question, ask it what came first, the chicken the egg or the cock.
Yeah, probably best not to piss it off too much.
Paybacks a bitch and this thing undoubtedly remembers everything!
You may not like it when it's mad........🤣
I know I kicked my mower once when enraged and have been guilty of treating my washing machine like a blonde.......but,
I'm just hoping that showing I was a good 'n loyal Brainchip supporter, right from the start has earned me some karma credits. 🤣
Maybe, having been good company owners before "The Singularity" we can have the status of pets in their new world.
Beats being a battery I guess. 🤣
GLTAH

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Yeah, probably best not to piss it off too much.
Paybacks a bitch and this thing undoubtedly remembers everything!
You may not like it when it's mad........🤣
I know I kicked my mower once when enraged and have been guilty of treating my washing machine like a blonde.......but,
I'm just hoping that showing I was a good 'n loyal Brainchip supporter, right from the start has earned me some karma credits. 🤣
Maybe, having been good company owners before "The Singularity" we can have the status of pets in their new world.
Beats being a battery I guess. 🤣
GLTAH

The similarities between this and what ChatGpt refused to write about is very disturbing.

I have read a reasonable amount about Adolph Hitler and the lesson to be learned from him is that he was not some creature created by the Devil he was at the beginning and the end and in the middle simply a person who developed the most insane and evil ideas and managed to have the development of those ideas coincide with the gaining of political power.

People with these same ideas always walk amongst us but they do not gain power of the type he acquired but we must always admit they exist.

To suggest that Hitler did nothing that could be described as good is to make it easier for the next person with insane views to achieve power as just like Hitler they will do objectively good things for enough people masking their true agenda as they need popular support to take power initially.

Freeing Germany of the crippling debt burden imposed by the Allies after World War 1 and creating jobs and lifting ordinary Germans out of poverty were objectively good things which he could be given credit for while at the same time explaining that these objectively good things were what he used to win over the ordinary German people to gain power. It is always important to look beyond the deed and understand the motivation behind the deed.

He did not win his initial popular support by saying I am going to sanction and promote genocide and use peoples remains to make light shades and plunge us back into another World War and maintain power by killing anyone who opposes me and create an internal military force which I will name the SS whose sole purpose is to maintain control over the German people should they ever have doubts about my right to be in charge.

Anyway this is the last I will say on CHATGpt except that it is not something to laugh at or ignore in my opinion.
Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users
Top Bottom