BRN Discussion Ongoing

wilzy123

Founding Member
Right the same time when chicken Parma changed his/her posting style.
Who's chicken parma? BTW.. now I want one. 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Hi Learning,

The plot thickens.

Lot of dots linked here:

Intel Hires TSMC VP to Boost Contract Manufacturing Unit​

By Anton Shilov
published July 09, 2022
Intel boosts its IFS division with a TSMC veteran.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-hires-tsmc-vp-to-boost-contract-manufacturing-biz

Intel has hired Suk Lee, a TSMC veteran, to lead its newly established Ecosystem Technology Office. Suk Lee will be responsible for expanding the design technology ecosystem at the Intel Foundry Services division by bringing in additional partners. Ecosystem development is crucial for the long-term success of IFS, Intel's contract chip production business.

"Very excited to join Intel today," Suk Lee, vice president, Ecosystem Technology Office at Intel, wrote in a LinkedIn(opens in new tab) post (via news.mynavi.jp/@momomo_us). "Look forward to seeing you soon!"

Intel currently has its IFS Accelerator program that provides chip designers validated EDA tools optimized for its manufacturing nodes, process-specific silicon-verified IP portfolio, and design service partners. But the IFS Accelerator alliance only included 17 members as of February 2022, so Suk Lee will have to improve it.

Now, when did Rob Telson's role change to VP Ecosystems and Partnerships? - September 2022

... and when did BrainChip join IFS Alliance? - 20221211

... and what does TSMC know about Akida?

Looks like you've squared the circle.
I loves those dots Dio. 😍

If I was a betting man, I would bet that's TSMC is fully aware of AKIDA.(JMHO)

"The engineering layout for BrainChip’s high-performance, ultra-low power chip was designed in partnership with Socionext, a global developer of advanced SoC solutions. Socionext has released the engineering layout of the production version of the AKD1000 chip to TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company; TWSE: 2330, NYSE: TSM), which has begun preparing to manufacture at volume."

Learning.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Apology if this has been posted.
But this is quite a powerful statement from Suk Lee.

View attachment 25468 View attachment 25470

Learning.

"We are glad to have BrainChip add a very unique set of AI IPs to IFS IP Alliance portfolio"

So it looks like Suk Lee (SL) was head-hunted by IFS, and it looks like we were head-hunted by SL who would have had detailed foreknowledge of Akida.

Given that there were only 14 members of the IFS IP alliance when SL joined, I wouldn't be surprised if we were No. 1 on SL's hit list.

Note: This list is not exhaustive - note the word "include:" in the "current partners" list, which shows 13 companies, including our friends SiFive and ARM. Still, SL has probably met his KPIs for the year.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/foundry/ifs-accelerator/ip-alliance.html

The current partners of IFS Accelerator - IP Alliance include:​

Logo alphawave

“The leadership team at Alphawave IP has a deep heritage of close collaboration with Intel since 2009. When Intel launched IFS, they brought advanced semiconductor capacity online at high scale. Intel Foundry Services offers a wide range of manufacturing services to meet customers’ unique product needs. We are pleased to be an anchor member of the IFS Accelerator - IP Alliance, which will enable our mutual customers to build some of the most advanced semiconductor products in the world, with IFS as their manufacturing one-stop-shop.”
-- Tony Pialis, President and Chief Executive Officer, Alphawave

Logo analog bits

“Intel is unleashing its silicon design and manufacturing expertise to build customers’ world-changing products. We are pleased to expand our differentiated IP offerings at Intel Foundry Services for customers mandating domestic manufacturing. Our close collaboration with Intel gives us the opportunity to expand our mutual customers and deliver the best-in-class IPs with optimal performance. We look forward to all the opportunities Intel Foundry Services will bring in the future.”
-- Mahesh Tirupattur, Executive Vice President, Analog Bits

Logos andes risc v

“RISC-V is the 21st Century Instruction Set Architecture (ISA) created from a clean slate and freed from the hamstring of supporting a half century of backward compatibility. By providing a world-class foundry for this revolutionary new ISA, Intel Foundry Services will enable the leading edge silicon for 5G, ADAS, AI, AR/VR, data center, semiconductor storage, and HPC built around the RISC-V architecture. We are excited to be one of the lead IP partners in IFS Accelerator - IP Alliance program. Intel’s large scale foundry provides committed capacity for IFS customers which ensures that SoC designs based on Andes RISC-V processor cores will achieve the production ramp and volume successfully.”
-- Frankwell Lin, CEO, Andes Technology Corp.

Logo arm blue

“The industry must work together to meet the demands for technology in nearly every segment of our lives. Arm is on a mission to deploy secure, energy-efficient Arm-based technology wherever compute happens, and by working with other key players in the industry as part of the IFS Accelerator, we are putting IP in the hands of those designing the future of computing.”
-- Drew Henry, SVP, IPG Strategy and Operations, Arm

BrainChip logo for IFS

“We are proud to partner with Intel as part of its IFS Accelerator – IP Alliance. The combination of BrainChip’s Akida IP and Intel’s leading technology helps ensure that customers looking to implement edge AI acceleration and learning have the tools and resources to accelerate their success.”
-- Anil Mankar, Chief Development Officer, BrainChip.

Logo cadence red

“With today’s rigorous design requirements and increasing pressure to deliver innovative SoCs faster than ever, both IFS and Cadence are committed to facilitating design innovation. As a member of the IFS Ecosystem Alliance, we’re ensuring that mutual customers can seamlessly adopt Cadence’s state-of-the-art EDA solutions and IP optimized for IFS process technologies to stay in front of dynamic market demands.”
-- Dr. Anirudh Devgan, President and CEO, Cadence

Logo ememory yellow

“With global cybersecurity and hacking risks increasing daily, this partnership with IFS will provide our customers the unparalleled IP for secure storage and other security features. With cloud applications continue to emerge and empower our daily life through connectivity, the needs for chip-level security and safe storage in electronic devices will soar.”
-- Michael Ho, President, eMemory

Logo m31

“IFS offers an unmatched combination of leading-edge packaging and process technology. With its Accelerator - IP alliance, IFS is enriching its world-class IP portfolio with the alliance partnership to complement the leading technology offerings. M31 is delighted to join IFS Accelerator, and excited to enable our customers to take the full advantage of the significant leap in power, performance, and area (PPA) from Intel’s advanced technologies.”
--Scott Change, CEO, M31

SiFive logo

“Intel is making substantial investment in the U.S. and Europe to create a world class foundry business to serve the growing demand for chips. We are pleased to join the IFS Accelerator - IP Alliance program and work with Intel to enable IFS customers to take advantage of the benefits of Intel Foundry process technology. The unlimited potential of RISC-V is at the heart of SiFive’s leading portfolio of processor IP and will enable IFS Customers to build advanced designs using Intel technology.”
-- Rohit Kumar, SVP Engineering, SiFive

Logo silicon creations

“This partnership gives Silicon Creations customers new ways to propel their innovative designs ahead, improve design productivity, and get to market faster. IFS is driving collaboration to advance design and IP capabilities, and our partnership with IFS is another example of how we are committed to our global customers’ success. We’re proud to be an IP alliance member of IFS’ comprehensive ecosystem program, Accelerator.”
-- Randy Caplan, Co-founder, and Executive VP at Silicon Creations

Sofics logo for IFS

“Through IFS, Intel is opening its advanced manufacturing expertise to outside fabless design companies. We are pleased to expand our portfolio by joining the IFS Accelerator IP Alliance. We look forward to working with IFS to support mutual customers with our proprietary ESD technology.”
-- Koen Verhaege, CEO, Sofics.

Logo synopsys color

“Synopsys joining Intel Foundry Services Alliance is a natural extension of our over 30-year history with Intel. With our recent AI-based autonomous design breakthrough that is getting particularly good results on Intel technology, we catalyze designers in Intel’s robust ecosystem to boost productivity and accelerate innovation. Together we put our mutual customers on the fast-track towards the next 1000X in productivity needed this decade.”
-- Dr. Aart de Geus, Chairman and Co-Chief Executive Officer, Synopsys

Logo vidatronic horizontal

“Vidatronic is thrilled to bring our experience to IFS IP alliance initiative, customers will benefit by having access to our patented IP that is pre-certified in Intel’s process technology for faster time-to-market and decreased overall risk. Ultimately, we will be able to provide them essential building blocks to their SoCs that not only improve performance but save them time and money.”
-- Moises Robinson, Co-Founder and President of Vidatronic

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 53 users

Pappagallo

Regular
LMAO...... the donkey short goons are shitting bricks because of CES talk. So weak and pathetic. Shorters basically had their head ripped off by fear and now the market is shitting down their throats. Utter hilarious.

View attachment 25469

This doesn’t seem right. Surely the price action would’ve been a lot more dramatic with 40 million shorts being closed in only a couple of days.

• Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

TECH

Regular
Of course Intel is glad to have Brainchip join them.

Of all the companies in the world capable of understanding the AKIDA Science Fiction advantage they are the best qualified by far.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

I think that they may actually like us, competition? I also think that they have come to the realization that we hold the keys
to the kingdom and our IP embedded in their customers chips will not only financially benefit their companies name from slipping
further down the food chain, but give Mike and his team the opportunity to pick up a minimum 3-year lag in their research and in
doing so, jump many others heading to the edge, or in this specific case, the "far edge."

Jensen Huang may remain out in the cold for a few more years, but he is a very smart operator who knows a great log fire and
comfy sofa when he sees it.

I expect him to "pounce" at some stage, not getting the Arm deal across the line, has potentially opened up the door to consider
Brainchip Inc as a friendly target on a five-year horizon, in my opinion of course.

But what would I know.

Tech 👌

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users
Level 3 autonomous driving claims always grabs my attention ... the CES2023 anticipation builds ...

View attachment 25459
View attachment 25460

View attachment 25461

This could be promising? Honda already have a strong relationship with Valeo who have helped them along with Mercedes achieve level 3.

It wouldn’t be impossible for Honda to want the same magic to achieve level 3 in their collaboration with Sony!

Anything else would be a step backwards.

1672222611538.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
1672225569224.png

Our fourth episode of Moving Your Future is out! Pascale Herman, Research & Innovation Director at Valeo Thermal Systems, talks about the details of the latest developments in e-thermal systems, an often-overlooked key component to electric mobility: https://lnkd.in/ejSsEu6H

Why efficient electric mobility needs innovative thermal systems​

As electric mobility accelerates, automotive thermal systems are also evolving. Efficient electric mobility requires innovative adapted thermal systems to ensure safe battery cooling, battery lifetime and performance, passenger comfort without compromising range, and fast charging. Pascale Herman, Research & Innovation Director at Valeo Thermal Systems, dives into the details of the latest developments in thermal systems, an often-overlooked key component to electric mobility.

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users
"The engineering layout for BrainChip’s high-performance, ultra-low power chip was designed in partnership with Socionext, a global developer of advanced SoC solutions. Socionext has released the engineering layout of the production version of the AKD1000 chip to TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company; TWSE: 2330, NYSE: TSM), which has begun preparing to manufacture at volume."

A dot that ties into your TSMC post @Learning

1672225778343.png

1672225876290.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Mccourt

Emerged
Look who else is going to CES..

CES.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users
Fantastic thelitteshort,

An amazing interconnected web🕸.

It will all eventually lead to AKIDA. (JMHO)

Learning 🏖

Probably a dot too far, but second TSMC Japan office has just opened - in Osaka. As luck would have it BrainChip happen to be recruiting for a sales director, also their second Japanese office and also in Osaka

325B18AF-18F6-4D5D-B13E-E8FB50D39F93.jpeg

Check out this job at TSMC:
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3374575646

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 33 users
Geez....all this dot joining starting to look like one big dot :LOL:

years-dots.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users
Hi Learning,

The plot thickens.

Lot of dots linked here:

Intel Hires TSMC VP to Boost Contract Manufacturing Unit​

By Anton Shilov
published July 09, 2022
Intel boosts its IFS division with a TSMC veteran.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-hires-tsmc-vp-to-boost-contract-manufacturing-biz

Intel has hired Suk Lee, a TSMC veteran, to lead its newly established Ecosystem Technology Office. Suk Lee will be responsible for expanding the design technology ecosystem at the Intel Foundry Services division by bringing in additional partners. Ecosystem development is crucial for the long-term success of IFS, Intel's contract chip production business.

"Very excited to join Intel today," Suk Lee, vice president, Ecosystem Technology Office at Intel, wrote in a LinkedIn(opens in new tab) post (via news.mynavi.jp/@momomo_us). "Look forward to seeing you soon!"

Intel currently has its IFS Accelerator program that provides chip designers validated EDA tools optimized for its manufacturing nodes, process-specific silicon-verified IP portfolio, and design service partners. But the IFS Accelerator alliance only included 17 members as of February 2022, so Suk Lee will have to improve it.

Now, when did Rob Telson's role change to VP Ecosystems and Partnerships? - September 2022

... and when did BrainChip join IFS Alliance? - 20221211

... and what does TSMC know about Akida?

Looks like you've squared the circle.
I had a little Christmas thought bubble the other day and posted that to be part of the Intel foundry IP offering it was logical to conclude Intel would have verified the AKIDA IP well it is not just logical but now thanks to @Diogenese it is a FACT:

“Intel currently has its IFS Acceleratorprogram that provides chip designers validated EDA tools optimized for its manufacturing nodes, process-specific silicon-verified IP portfolio, and design service partners.”

Could not be clearer. Intel has verified the AKIDA IP by testing the AKIDA 1.0 silicon.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 74 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I had a little Christmas thought bubble the other day and posted that to be part of the Intel foundry IP offering it was logical to conclude Intel would have verified the AKIDA IP well it is not just logical but now thanks to @Diogenese it is a FACT:

“Intel currently has its IFS Acceleratorprogram that provides chip designers validated EDA tools optimized for its manufacturing nodes, process-specific silicon-verified IP portfolio, and design service partners.”

Could not be clearer. Intel has verified the AKIDA IP by testing the AKIDA 1.0 silicon.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Yes. there is a 4 to 5 month gap between Suk Lee joining IFS and BrainChip joining IFS, so the verification would have started almost from day 1 of SL's joining IFS.

It is not unlikely that RT's job description was updated to match SL's.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users
With regards shorts, I would suggest an anomaly and be rectified in due course.

Notification at ASIC of reporting issue for 22/12.

IMG_20221228_204632.jpg

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 30 users

stockduck

Regular
I think that they may actually like us, competition? I also think that they have come to the realization that we hold the keys
to the kingdom and our IP embedded in their customers chips will not only financially benefit their companies name from slipping
further down the food chain, but give Mike and his team the opportunity to pick up a minimum 3-year lag in their research and in
doing so, jump many others heading to the edge, or in this specific case, the "far edge."

Jensen Huang may remain out in the cold for a few more years, but he is a very smart operator who knows a great log fire and
comfy sofa when he sees it.

I expect him to "pounce" at some stage, not getting the Arm deal across the line, has potentially opened up the door to consider
Brainchip Inc as a friendly target on a five-year horizon, in my opinion of course.

But what would I know.

Tech 👌
I hope there will never be anyone who takes over the brainchip company, this intellectual property should always remain in the hands of a large consortium, which can control the technical consequences of this invention relatively well for the benefit of all people. I think that's probably the biggest challenge.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Yes. there is a 4 to 5 month gap between Suk Lee joining IFS and BrainChip joining IFS, so the verification would have started almost from day 1 if SL's joining IFS.

verification is an exhaustive testing process.

Intel have a few non-server processor families, such as Core, Pentium, and Celeron, each having several versions, and Akida would have been tested with at least some of these, remembering that Akida does need a 3rd party processor for set-up/configuration, but not for inference.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html

Intel® Processor Names and Numbers​

I suppose, verification would have involved a software simulation test using MetaTF' Akida simulation software, then tests with the Akida SoC, and then with the actual Akida IP

IC verification is a well established technology:
US8645897B1 Integrated circuit design verification system

1672231646791.png

1672231743831.png

An integrated circuit (IC) design verification system includes a memory for storing an IC design and a processor in communication with the memory. The IC design includes multiple IP cores and the design verification apparatus includes multiple verification modules. The processor configures a first set of connections between the IP cores and the verification modules based on a first connection database and verifies each IP core independently using the first set of connections. Thereafter, the processor configures a second set of connections between the IP cores and the verification modules based on a second connection database generated based on the first connection database, and verifies the multiple IP cores together using the second set of connections.

Cited patents:
Publication number Priority date Publication date Assignee Title
US6269467B1 *1998-09-302001-07-31
Cadence Design Systems, Inc .Block based design methodology
US6421322B11997-11-172002-07-16
Adc Telecommunications, Inc. System and method for electronically identifying connections of a cross-connect system
US6678645B1 *1999-10-282004-01-13
Advantest Corp. Method and apparatus for SoC design validation
US6993740B12000-04-032006-01-31
International Business Machines Corporation Methods and arrangements for automatically interconnecting cores in systems-on-chip
US7185295B2 *2000-06-032007-02-27
Hyunju Park Chip design verifying and chip testing apparatus and method
US7225416B12004-06-152007-05-29
Altera Corporation Methods and apparatus for automatic test component generation and inclusion into simulation testbench
US7366650B2 *2001-04-122008-04-29
Arm Limited Software and hardware simulation
US7472051B2 *2003-07-112008-12-30
Yogitech Spa Dependable microcontroller, method for designing a dependable microcontroller and computer program product therefor
US7577540B2 *2002-03-012009-08-18
Nec Corporation Re-configurable embedded core test protocol for system-on-chips (SOC) and circuit boards
US7673264B1 *2006-04-062010-03-02
Virage Logic Corp.System and method for verifying IP integrity in system-on-chip (SOC) design
US7823017B2 *2006-08-022010-10-26
International Business Machines Corporation Structure for task based debugger (transaction-event-job-trigger)
US7991604B2 *2006-08-112011-08-02 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Method and apparatus for indirectly simulating a semiconductor integrated circuit
US8136065B2 *2007-12-102012-03-13 Inpa Systems, Inc. Integrated prototyping system for validating an electronic system design

Of course, Akida 3 will be able to do it with its eyes closed.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Yes. there is a 4 to 5 month gap between Suk Lee joining IFS and BrainChip joining IFS, so the verification would have started almost from day 1 of SL's joining IFS.

Here is another theory,

When Akida 1000 was in volume production at TSMC in April 2021. Suk Lee is the VP Design Infrastructure Managerment Design at TSMC. Someone of his stature and are an industry veteran, would not slipped by the first commercial available Neuromorphic Chip being volume produce, without any knowledge. Hence, my opinion is that's Suk Lee is well aware of AKIDA since April 2021.(JMHO)

Learning 🤞

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

stockduck

Regular
When war is profitable for the select few, human suffering becomes the currency.
I hope we have peace in 2023.
We as humanity have been at war for a long time, not just since we realized we were capable of killing another human being.

We simply do not recognize the value of creation itself and all life in it, as it is created by love for the living day by day.

Our own ego gets in the way and blinds us to deeper insights of a higher vision of oneself. Children are and would be a possibility for insight.
Who desecrates children as this possibility for higher insight to oneself, creates a vision about oneself.

The currently biggest war of mankind is in my opinion the war against the much too accelerated climate change with hundreds of millions of people as victims in displacement and death.

This war can only be won together and we do not need the young men and women lying as bleeding dead bodies on battlefields.
No, we as humanity need these men and women as workers, engineers and inventors, responsible leaders and state leaders, educators, doctors, nurses for the common higher cause in the service of the climate and the next 100 generations.

What if a comet wipes us out in 2 years? We need the technical capabilities to avoid such an accident! The solution cannot be that a few fly into space to die out on another planet after 10 years, can it?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Just my opinion on these terrible war times on earth.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
This doesn’t seem right. Surely the price action would’ve been a lot more dramatic with 40 million shorts being closed in only a couple of days.

I interpret this following statement to mean that there may be a difference between volume traded and short positions reported.

"It is important to note that ASIC’s aggregated short position reports are reliant on the accuracy of reports we receive from individual short sellers. While we will monitor compliance with short position reporting and provide additional guidance where necessary, we are unable to verify the accuracy of all individual reports submitted to ASIC, nor to verify that all short sellers in our market (both in Australia and overseas) are lodging reports."

ASIC is basically saying....

giphy-33.gif

How on earth this is even possible (for them to not be on top of this) is beyond me, and something you'd think would be automated in today's day an age. My guess is that their systems have not been updated to something fit for this decade yet, and that a few are prospering from it.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 23 users
Top Bottom