BRN Discussion Ongoing

D

Deleted member 118

Speaking off the ASX200, does anyone know if we are likely to get in? Looks like market cap might be ok, but what about the liqudity calc?
Someone posted that they take the mean average SP over the last 3 months and I think that probably excludes BRN this time round.

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure if prev posted as it's a Dec article but has anyone found out who NEC hooking up with for their AI or doing themselves?

NEC eyes AI technology to help wheat production​

DTMANAGE.000000020211204161516216-1.jpg

Courtesy of NEC Corp.
A sensor to collect data from the soil is seen on a plot of land where wheat is grown.

12:02 pm, December 09, 2021
The Yomiuri ShimbunNEC Corp. has embarked on the development of artificial intelligence technology that will support large-scale farming operations in Japan and overseas.
In June, the company started an experiment on wheat production, analyzing data collected from satellite images, soil sensors and agricultural machinery. It aims to use AI analysis to boost wheat output volume by improving on ways to apply fertilizer and judging the best timing for harvest.
The AI technology is also intended to make it easier for people to enter into agricultural business, which will ease a labor shortage due to the aging of farmers, while ensuring a stable supply of agricultural products.
NEC is carrying out the experiment at an about 170-hectare farm in Memuro, Hokkaido, jointly with MSK Farm Machinery Corp., which imports and sells agricultural equipment.

Sensors are used to collect a vast volume of data, such as the water content in the soil and daylight hours. Based on the data, the AI technology determines the best time and amount of fertilizer to be spread.
In the experiment, images from a satellite and a drone are also used to identify plots where the growth of crops is lagging. By spreading additional fertilizer in such plots, farmers can increase their yield.
Wheat is often grown on large areas of farmland, so the growing conditions vary from plot to plot, making it necessary to apply subtle and precise adjustments to how much fertilizer is used and when to harvest.
So far, such matters have been largely decided by the “experience and intuition” of farmers, but the use of the AI technology would enable even inexperienced farmers to handle these matters.
The experiment will continue for two years. If the effectiveness of the AI technology is confirmed, NEC intends to start making the technology commercially available in 2023 or later.
The annual fee for using this AI service package, which will include sensors and other equipment and expertise on how to use the AI technology, is expected to be several thousand yen per hectare of farmland.
NEC also plans to promote this service in the United States, Australia and other agricultural countries, which have vast cultivated fields and are likely to receive great benefit from the AI technology.
Hopes are also high that this technology will help overcome Japan’s problems stemming from the aging of farmers and lack of successors.
“We want to support new farmers, companies and other entities trying to enter the agricultural industry,” said an NEC employee in charge.

■ Advanced tech for food security
Amid concerns about food shortages due to global population growth, the government has placed a focus on improving the efficiency and competitiveness of the nation’s agriculture from a security point of view.
One of the measures to achieve this end is so-called smart agriculture, which uses advanced technologies such as robots, AI and the Internet of Things, in which everything is connected to the internet.
According to statistics from the Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Ministry, as of Feb. 1 this year, the number of full-time farmers was about 1.3 million, of whom about 70% were 65 or older. This figure is three-fourths the figure in 2012, when there were about 1.78 million full-time farmers.
The Annual Report on Food, Agriculture and Rural Areas, which the government released in May, stresses the need to “build a sustainable production system through innovation” using information technology and other means in order to cope with the aging and decreasing number of farmers.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users
AAAARGGHH here i am overseas and my car has been borrowed by a family member and i find out today SOMEONE HAS STOLEN or its missing The FRONT GREEN AKIDA PLATE!!!!

Nooooooooo not my Akida plate!

Some bloody Brainchip fan may now have it on their wall!!! Unless someine is driving around with one plate or it fell off.

If anyone in South east qld finds it let me know :) Reward - 50 shares or a bottle of bubbles :)

Come back my green Akida plate :(
Goddam thieves!! I will keep a watch out for it @MDhere

Reactions: 2 users
Not sure if prev posted as it's a Dec article but has anyone found out who NEC hooking up with for their AI or doing themselves?

NEC eyes AI technology to help wheat production​

DTMANAGE.000000020211204161516216-1.jpg

Courtesy of NEC Corp.
A sensor to collect data from the soil is seen on a plot of land where wheat is grown.

12:02 pm, December 09, 2021
The Yomiuri ShimbunNEC Corp. has embarked on the development of artificial intelligence technology that will support large-scale farming operations in Japan and overseas.
In June, the company started an experiment on wheat production, analyzing data collected from satellite images, soil sensors and agricultural machinery. It aims to use AI analysis to boost wheat output volume by improving on ways to apply fertilizer and judging the best timing for harvest.
The AI technology is also intended to make it easier for people to enter into agricultural business, which will ease a labor shortage due to the aging of farmers, while ensuring a stable supply of agricultural products.
NEC is carrying out the experiment at an about 170-hectare farm in Memuro, Hokkaido, jointly with MSK Farm Machinery Corp., which imports and sells agricultural equipment.

Sensors are used to collect a vast volume of data, such as the water content in the soil and daylight hours. Based on the data, the AI technology determines the best time and amount of fertilizer to be spread.
In the experiment, images from a satellite and a drone are also used to identify plots where the growth of crops is lagging. By spreading additional fertilizer in such plots, farmers can increase their yield.
Wheat is often grown on large areas of farmland, so the growing conditions vary from plot to plot, making it necessary to apply subtle and precise adjustments to how much fertilizer is used and when to harvest.
So far, such matters have been largely decided by the “experience and intuition” of farmers, but the use of the AI technology would enable even inexperienced farmers to handle these matters.
The experiment will continue for two years. If the effectiveness of the AI technology is confirmed, NEC intends to start making the technology commercially available in 2023 or later.
The annual fee for using this AI service package, which will include sensors and other equipment and expertise on how to use the AI technology, is expected to be several thousand yen per hectare of farmland.
NEC also plans to promote this service in the United States, Australia and other agricultural countries, which have vast cultivated fields and are likely to receive great benefit from the AI technology.
Hopes are also high that this technology will help overcome Japan’s problems stemming from the aging of farmers and lack of successors.
“We want to support new farmers, companies and other entities trying to enter the agricultural industry,” said an NEC employee in charge.

■ Advanced tech for food security
Amid concerns about food shortages due to global population growth, the government has placed a focus on improving the efficiency and competitiveness of the nation’s agriculture from a security point of view.
One of the measures to achieve this end is so-called smart agriculture, which uses advanced technologies such as robots, AI and the Internet of Things, in which everything is connected to the internet.
According to statistics from the Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Ministry, as of Feb. 1 this year, the number of full-time farmers was about 1.3 million, of whom about 70% were 65 or older. This figure is three-fourths the figure in 2012, when there were about 1.78 million full-time farmers.
The Annual Report on Food, Agriculture and Rural Areas, which the government released in May, stresses the need to “build a sustainable production system through innovation” using information technology and other means in order to cope with the aging and decreasing number of farmers.
NEC and Renesas go way back. Friends with benefits. LOL

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
NEC and Renesas go way back. Friends with benefits. LOL

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Excellent. Hopefully a tie in there somewhere then for Akida.

Reactions: 4 users
I have just discovered how to raise Brainchip and AKIDA's profile across the entire world in less than 24 hours. It will only involve the use of three words once by each of the 1,000 Eyes and will result in 1.25 billion hits:

Brainchip and its' revolutionary AKIDA technology is heralding in a 'new world order'. LOL

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

davidfitz

Regular
Excellent. Hopefully a tie in there somewhere then for Akida.
You never know, Renesas is larger and more diversified than most people realise.

1646199844545.png

• Fire
I have just discovered how to raise Brainchip and AKIDA's profile across the entire world in less than 24 hours. It will only involve the use of three words once by each of the 1,000 Eyes and will result in 1.25 billion hits:

Brainchip and its' revolutionary AKIDA technology is heralding in a 'new world order'. LOL

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
On a serious note the following announcement will ensure there is a need for lots and lots of low powered semiconductors for EV's between now and 2030:

Stellantis promising to release 75 different electric vehicles across its many brands.

At one point a few years ago there were a lot of dots leading to Chrysler from Brainchip. At the end of last year 2021 Stellantis announced that they had entered into a partnership with Foxconn to develop chips for ADAS. Foxconn is as we know a partner with Socionext and of course Socionext is partnered with Brainchip and has even in the last six months promoted the AKD1000 chip in it own booth at a trade show.

The spider web of connections is just so intertwined and complex.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 33 users

VictorG

A little off topic but possibly a huge market for BRN.

Trudeau announces Canada will ban all imports of crude oil from Russia. The fact that Canada has not imported oil from Russia in yrs suggests a severe shortage of intelligence exists in Canada, Ai or otherwise.

Just sayin'

VG

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
On a serious note the following announcement will ensure there is a need for lots and lots of low powered semiconductors for EV's between now and 2030:

Stellantis promising to release 75 different electric vehicles across its many brands.

At one point a few years ago there were a lot of dots leading to Chrysler from Brainchip. At the end of last year 2021 Stellantis announced that they had entered into a partnership with Foxconn to develop chips for ADAS. Foxconn is as we know a partner with Socionext and of course Socionext is partnered with Brainchip and has even in the last six months promoted the AKD1000 chip in it own booth at a trade show.

The spider web of connections is just so intertwined and complex.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

As much as I love all of the connecting of dots, I am looking forward to the day we can can put down our magnifying glasses and just read about Brainchip’s multitude of deals and financial success on page one of a google search 👀🔍

• Love
Reactions: 44 users

jla

Regular
As much as I love all of the connecting of dots, I am looking forward to the day we can can put down our magnifying glasses and just read about Brainchip’s multitude of deals and financial success on page one of a google search 👀🔍
Yes that would be great, even though i have been here for around 7 years, From there lows to so far there highs, At my age it would be good
to get a few deals under the belt. (jlk31411)

FJ-215

Regular
I try to read every post. I also try to correspond with the company and a recurring theme is the desire for the large institutional investors to recognise and invest in Brainchip.

When an ordinary retail investor goes onto their trading platform and buys a BRNASX share the money from the purchase of that share goes to the owner of that share and as a rule this is not Brainchip unless it just happens to have coincided with an LDA Capital draw down event.

Normally the share being bought will have been owned by another retail investor or an institutional investor engaged in shorting or trading.

When the large institutional investors operating out of Germany have been accumulating they have been buying shares that have come from ordinary retail shareholders.
None of the institutions money goes to Brainchip either.

While the rules of supply and demand operate in my favour if institutional investors recognise the wealth creation machine that BRNASX will be the idea that ordinary retail are handing over their golden tickets is a source of disappointment.

If ordinary retail refuse to sell except as part of their previously put in place investment plan then the institutions that have already recognised Brainchip’s potential would be forced to pay larger prices to take up a position.

On any rational analysis of the present market selling by retail makes absolutely no sense.

Just look at what war has done to Russia. Their stock market has crashed and their currency is inflating rapidly loosing value. Having cash in Russia at the moment is a very poor investment choice.

Brainchip’s present share price like the majority of the ASX is similarly though less dramatically affected.

Anyone selling that is not selling because of a previously developed thought out investment plan is in my opinion selling irrationally.

If retail are rational the already in place institutional investor interest will provide more than enough demand to force up the price over time.

If interest from more institutions is required to do this it will be because retail are happy to give away their once in a life time opportunity to redeem their golden tickets when the full potential of Brainchip has been revealed.

My opinion only DYOR and HAVE a PLAN.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Actually, having cash in Russia at the moment might be King. If it's in a bank, you are probably screwed, It's all electronic now and you can't access it.

Rubles under the bed??

Reactions: 6 users
Yes that would be great, even though i have been here for around 7 years, From there lows to so far there highs, At my age it would be good
to get a few deals under the belt. (jlk31411)

I really enjoy and appreciate the fact that there seems to be a healthy contingent of older shareholders of Brainchip. I must admit I was initially surprised by this

However many of my favourite contributors here have indicated they are retirees or close to; and quite frankly know more about artificial intelligence than any millennial I know

I sincerely hope that our inevitable, exponential success comes very soon for you guys in particular

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 35 users
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

VictorG

I think youre missing the point Victor. The announcement in itself is what is important.
Just for the record , I wont be buying any fuel from Russia either.
Unfortunately my lived experiences during the outbreak of the Lebanese civil war in the mid 70's left me wary of symbolic political announcements. I heard many such symbolic announcements while sheltering in bunkers.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
Actually, having cash in Russia at the moment might be King. If it's in a bank, you are probably screwed, It's all electronic now and you can't access it.

Rubles under the bed??
What's rubles? Russian toilet paper?

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

MDhere

Regular
Reactions: 2 users
Just saw this on Twitter and thought it may be of interest to some. A webinar debate about:

The future of high-performance computing: are neuromorphic systems the answer?

Titans of the tech field will go head to head to convince each other of where they believe the future of computing lies.

Neuromorphic Computing and Engineering editorial board members Kwabena Boahen and Ralph Etienne-Cummings, will attempt to convince Yann LeCun and Bill Dally of the benefits of neuromorphic computing over mainstream neural computing.

About the speakers:

Yann LeCun is chief AI scientist at Meta and professor at New York University. An ACM Turing Award laureate for his research on deep learning, Yann also researches computer vision, robotics and computational neuroscience. He does not think that neural computing needs to be neuromorphic to be effective.

Bill Dally is chief scientist at NVIDIA and a professor at Stanford University. With his Stanford team, Bill developed much of the technology that is found in most large parallel computers today and previously made significant advances at MIT and CalTech. He remains to be convinced of the need for neuromorphic computing.

Kwabena Boahen is the founder and director of Stanford’s Brains in Silicon lab. The lab develops silicon integrated circuits that emulate the way neurons compute and computational models that link neuronal biophysics to cognitive behaviour. This bridges neurobiology and medicine with electronics and computer science. Kwabena is a firm believer in the power of neuromorphic computing.

Ralph Etienne-Cummings directs the Computational Sensory-Motor Systems Laboratory at Johns Hopkins University. Ralph’s research spans a range of electrical and computer-engineering topics. Including, but not limited to, mixed-signal VSLI systems, computational sensors, computer vision, neuromorphic engineering, smart structures, mobile robotics and neuroprosthetic devices. His research has convinced him of the need for neuromorphic computing.

Chair

Regina Dittmann currently works at the Peter Grünberg Institute, Forschungszentrum Jülich. Since November 2012, Regina has been a professor at RWTH Aachen University, in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology. She is an expert in the growth and understanding of memristive materials and devices that make modern high-performance computing possible.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Brainchip- right place right time right technology right team right EAP’s.
F3AC8F45-58FB-4710-8C16-F725C07C2225.jpeg

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 50 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
Brainchip- right place right time right technology right team right EAP’s. View attachment 2100

$1b or even $500m of that for Akida IP / chips would be great. p.s. Thanks in advance, Ford! hehe :p

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users
Top Bottom