BRN Discussion Ongoing

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Whilst I know we would all love to have a higher share price (just 'coz, right) it occurs to me that given our history (particularly coming up on a certain phenomena that occurred just shy of a year ago) and the buzz that surrounded that event, along with the quiet but undoubtedly noticed strides our Company has made, unfussily cementing it's position within many high ranking eco systems, without all the who/har normally associated with such.......that it's only gonna take a spark (the right spark, mind you) to set all this knowledge fuel ablaze, and when that happens, what will you do?
Run the broad scenarios in your minds over the next few days, taking into consideration the tax implications along with your strategies both short and long term. Last year, when our price went ape shit, I was as frozen as a deer in the headlights and have been metaphorically kicking myself in the arse with hindsight backchat ever since.
Of course, there is no universal right choice and I am not advocating any particular version of buy, sell (sell some) or hold, as that will vary with each individuals/partnerships circumstances, goals and risk/reward tolerance.
Hopefully we all by now have a well developed plan in mind maximising the benefit we will derive from our investment, but if your not quite there yet, then at least spare a few minutes to give this a muse.
Cause it might just explode with this coming CES in a few days time, or it could be that expected announcement out of the blue, which could drop at any time from a myriad of known and unknown sources.
Be ready fellow Chipper's and ........

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

charmander

Regular
Merry Christmas from a serial lurker, Brainchip Fam.

The time, effort, and passion y'all put into researching and posting about this beautiful little nugget 🧠🍟 is absolutely incredible and it's truly an honour to be involved (from the quiet backseat) in this community 🎄🎁

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 47 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Merry Christmas from a serial lurker, Brainchip Fam.

The time, effort, and passion y'all put into researching and posting about this beautiful little nugget 🧠🍟 is absolutely incredible and it's truly an honour to be involved (from the quiet backseat) in this community 🎄🎁
Don't be afraid to show us a bit of leg from time to time.
It takes all kinds. 🤣

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

KKFoo

Regular
Merry Christmas ⛄🎄

Attachments

• IMG20221223135046.jpg
    IMG20221223135046.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 60
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Just having a little look around and the orange xxxx’s mark the spot where in the past week and interesting update was made to AKIDA models. @Diogenese can tell us if this amendment has any significance and almost forgot since when has AKD500 been available. Peter van der Made said this might be used in white goods:

Upgrade to akida/cnn2snn 2.2.6 and akida_models 1.1.8​

last week
@ktsiknos-brainchip
ktsiknos-brainchip
2.2.6-doc-1
d334eea
Upgrade to akida/cnn2snn 2.2.6 and akida_models 1.1.8
Latest

Update akida and cnn2snn to version 2.2.6​

New features​

• [akida] Upgrade to quantizeml 0.0.13
  • [akida] Attention layer
  • [akida] Identify AKD500 devices
  • [engine] Move mesh scan to host library

API changes​

• [engine] toggle_learn must be called instead of program(p,learn_enabled)
  • [engine] set_batch_size allows to preallocate inputs

Bug fixes​

• [engine] Memory can grow indefinitely if queueing is faster than processing

Update akida_models to 1.1.8​

• updated CNN2SNN minimal required version to 2.2.6 and QuantizeML to 0.0.13
  • VWW model and training pipeline refactored and aligned with TinyML
  • Layer names in almost all models have been updated in preparation for quantization with QuantizeML
  • Tabular data models and tools have been removed from the package
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Transformers pretrained models updated to 4-bits
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Introduced calibration utils in training toolset
  • KWS and ImageNet training scripts now offer a "calibrate" CLI action
  • ImageNet training script will now automatically restore the best weights after training

Documentation update​

• dropped quantizeml API details for now
Remember that, like sgt. Schultz, I know nothing about Transformers.

As I understand it:

means the model libraries (speech was the initial application of Transformers) have been updated.

There are about 44 phonemes in English, but dialect and accent will multiply this.

The updating was to convert the libraries to 4-bit bytes (from ... 8-bits?) so they are compatible with Akida NPUs.

This is only changing some numbers in memory - no silicon was harmed in performing this update.

Remembering that we are selling Akida IP, implementing Transformers in Akida may be as simple as updating the model library and designing the appropriate NPU configuration, the configuration being implemented by the ARM Cortex M MPU as part of the set up procedure.

Now I suppose you do need LSTM for transformers, so this will require some additional memory for previous words/sentences, so there may be some collateral damage to the silicon at this stage.

So I wonder if we have had to go back to the drawingboard after implementing LSTM to update the silicon for Transformers which are a very recent phenomenon for Akida.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
I proposed this question on the openai CHATbot.. very interesting to read the response..

“How will Brainchip akida revolutionise the AI sector”

Brainchip Akida is a neuromorphic system-on-chip (SoC) that has been designed to enable artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) capabilities in edge devices. The Akida SoC is based on a novel spiking neural network (SNN) architecture that is inspired by the way the brain works. According to Brainchip, the Akida SoC can perform a wide range of AI and ML tasks, including image recognition, object detection, and natural language processing, with high accuracy and low power consumption.

The potential benefits of the Akida SoC for the AI sector are significant. By enabling AI and ML capabilities on edge devices, the Akida SoC could potentially revolutionize the way that AI is deployed and used. For example, the Akida SoC could enable the development of AI-powered devices that can operate independently, without the need for a connection to a central server or cloud computing infrastructure. This could make AI more accessible and widely available, and enable a wide range of new applications and use cases.

It is important to note that the Akida SoC is still a relatively new technology, and it remains to be seen how it will be adopted and used in the AI sector. However, the potential benefits of the Akida SoC are significant, and it is likely that it will play a significant role in the future of AI and ML.
AI Backing AI. Classic

• Haha
1671777342500.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 26 users

Foxdog

Regular
Good morning from another beautiful day in Perth...30c already at 8am

I'm not too sure that, the above quote is 100% accurate, other companies' chips with our IP embedded would be a lot more
accurate.

We simply don't supply chips, IP in blocks is how I understand it to be moving forward, I also understand what she is implying and maybe I'm being a little pedantic.

And for Santa's little helpers still shaking our Christmas Tree, the only thing falling off is fluff, which we don't deal in anymore.
Our tree will never fall over no matter how much shaking you give it, why, because our foundations are rock solid.

See you on the other side of CES 2023, I believe that my neighbour has a meeting arranged with the Brainchip team in Las Vegas to discuss the possibly of having her engineers in the South African mining industry work in with our guys to develop Akida technology for underground mining in the areas of gas sensing, predictive maintenance, vibration analysis etc.

I'll ask her to take some photos if possible while at CES.

Tech x (y)🎅
Legend, thanks Tech.
Merry Christmas to you and all yours and to all Chippers and all theirs 🥰

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
Remember that, like sgt. Schultz, I know nothing about Transformers.

As I understand it:

means the model libraries (speech was the initial application of Transformers) have been updated.

There are about 44 phonemes in English, but dialect and accent will multiply this.

The updating was to convert the libraries to 4-bit bytes (from ... 8-bits?) so they are compatible with Akida NPUs.

This is only changing some numbers in memory - no silicon was harmed in performing this update.

Remembering that we are selling Akida IP, implementing Transformers in Akida may be as simple as updating the model library and designing the appropriate NPU configuration, the configuration being implemented by the ARM Cortex M MPU as part of the set up procedure.

Now I suppose you do need LSTM for transformers, so this will require some additional memory for previous words/sentences, so there may be some collateral damage to the silicon at this stage.

So I wonder if we have had to go back to the drawingboard after implementing LSTM to update the silicon for Transformers which are a very recent phenomenon for Akida.
OKAY thanks for being there yet again and yes at least on my reading Transformers go hand in hand with LSTM.

At the 2021 Ai Field Day Anil Mankar said words close to we are working on a version with a little bit of LSTM which when you look at the product development graphic LSTM as you have noted from time to time was to be an additional feature for AKD1500.

Just like AKD500 for white goods AKD1500 has not been disclosed but there is no point in adding the Transformers if you don’t have anywhere to use them.

Akin to selling CDs before you release the CD player. It makes no sense.

So as the little pieces of information are released it is clear that under the surface a great deal is going on that will in due course benefit the company and shareholders.

“Like a duck on the pond. On the surface everything looks calm, but beneath the water those little feet are churning a mile a minute.”​

Gene Hackman

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users
Resistance is futile in the end :LOL:

63a5519ee5ec3258826386.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users
Its a very delicate situation.

Imagine your supervisors and bosses Investers spent billions to develop a less superior product!

You don't just go oh we were wrong and let's go this way. It takes a plan and time to steer that giant vessel a different direction. You know how many jobs and manager roles and friends would have been booted with a sharp reaction. It's a big political game also.

Know Intel will make money and be in the chip race for edge AI. It's only time that the rest join.

I know we would love to hear them sing AKIDA but they won't not yet.

This partnership was the last DD I needed to really feel confident in BRN succeeding. As Arm, Merc, Renesas, Mega Chips and more weren't 🙄

This is a sign how quick others will adopt.
IMO

Merry Christmas Happy Holidays folks.
So if Intel need us let's hope where going to charge them the Max

Dhm

Regular
One reason I can think of is if Mike Davies/Intel says this loud and clear it is a signal to every other company that they don’t need Intel and can go straight to Brainchip.

At the moment they can continue to try and control the narrative that Loihi is the way to neuromorphic ascendancy and Brainchip AKIDA IP is a niche chip for limited use cases and if you really want it they can supply it.

But Brainchip is building itself into as many ecosystems as it possibly can in much the same way as a virus moves through a community.

Renesas is tapping out at the low end while at the same time Edge Impulse is comparing AKIDA with GPUs.

Peter van der Made has stated that the market has no understanding of the significance of MegaChips to the future success of Brainchip.

Prophesee and the use cases it referenced for an AKIDA Prophesee event based intelligent sensor picks up many of the industry directions referenced in the report I posted above.

At the same time ARM the chip supply monster is promoting AKIDA across virtually every industrial use case.

NASA is clearly exploring the use of AKIDA as an essential element of deep space exploration and DARPA is deeply imbedding the AKIDA technology in radar and other use cases via ISL and others.

Then Biotome is one of the known medical research companies exploring the use of AKIDA for this industry.

Mercedes Benz extolling the AKIDA advantage over all current technology options in the automotive industry.

Remember Alex the Rocket Scientist stating that he refers to autonomous vehicles as robots because that is what they are technically. Mercedes Benz has not simply extolled the benefits of using AKIDA for cars needing voice recognition but for every single robotic use case from drones to personal assistants.

Carnegie Mellon University and others are now teaching AKIDA Science Fiction to the next generation of technology entrepreneurs and innovators who will populated the research labs and offices of the technology giants.

Brainchip’s Board and Management are brilliantly in my opinion creating an environment where AKIDA is ubiquitous and if you are not involved in some way then you are not on the right technology page.

In my opinion Intel had no choice but to join and will try to control an uncontrollable narrative which has Renesas offering AKIDA for making low end MCU’s smart and Edge Impulse describing AKIDA as a threat to GPUs and the stuff of Science Fiction.

The eventual release of AKIDA next gen into the established and growing ecosystem will be like hitting the nitrous switch on a dragster.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Great post FF, much appreciated by everyone here.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
A science related article that shareholders may find interesting:

To summarise, it was recently discovered that the spinal cord and brainstem process sensory data before it is sent to the brain. It was already known that other body parts like the retina do this, but it was always presumed that the signals such as touch were passed from organs like the skin directly to the brain.

In my view, this has implications for companies wanting to most effectively mimic the neuromorphic behaviour of human bodies and achieve results with ultra low latencies and power. Essentially, more Akida chips may be required.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

misslou

Founding Member
DB0E7D2F-1801-42C8-A99D-FD6232BD08B1.jpeg

Keep pulling everyone. We’re nearly there.
Can’t wait till the earth gives way and we get our giant carrot!

Merry Christmas to all x

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 58 users

Adam

Regular
Love any dot joining and happy to analyse and review new revelations..but..a link to a Japanese dog breed? Farfetched, methinks. Isaac's sacrifice in Hebrew is 'Akedat Yitzchak'..as he was nearly 'spiked' in sacrifice.
Akeeda you not. Maybe tis a link to a new phone..we live in hope.
All the best for the new year,
Akeedat heart.

• Haha

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
  • Haha
  • Love

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Hi @Diogenese
or anyone else that may know. Have the pending patents (in bold print) been approved?
I remember the brains trust here highlighting the importance of getting the IP rights to the JAST learning rule.

Enjoy the break and Merry Christmas to all.

October 13, 2022 7:25 AM
BrainChip Fortifies Neuromorphic Patent Portfolio with New Awards and IP Acquisition
LAGUNA HILLS, CA / ACCESSWIRE / October 12, 2022 / BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX BRN)(OTCQX:BRCHF)(ADR:BCHPY), the world's first commercial producer of ultra-low power neuromorphic AI IP, has extended the breadth and depth of its neuromorphic IP with two new patents granted by the US Patents and Trademarks Office (USPTO), and the acquisition of previously licensed technology from Toulouse Tech Transfer (TTT). These latest additions of technical assets reinforce BrainChip's event-based processor differentiation for high performance, ultra-low power AI inference and on-chip learning.

The latest patents awarded to BrainChip from the USPTO include:

US 11,468,299 "An Improved Spiking Neural Network," protects the learning function of BrainChip's digital neuron circuit implemented on a neuromorphic integrated circuit/system (e.g., AkidaTM).
US 11,429,857, "Secure Voice Communications System," protects a system to establish secure voice communications between a local and a remote neural network device. Information is encrypted by transmitting spike timing rather than original data, rendering it useless to anyone intercepting the transmission.
BrainChip also acquired full ownership of the IP rights related to JAST learning rule and algorithms from French technology transfer-based company TTT, including issued patent EP3324344 and pending patents US2019/0286944 and EP3324343. The invention related to the acquired IP rights include pattern detection algorithms that provide BrainChip with significant competitive advantages. The company held an exclusive license for the IP prior to their acquisition.

BrainChip considers patents to be valuable IP assets that help the company preserve its global competitive advantages. Its patent portfolio now comprises 10 US, 1 European and 1 Chinese issued patents. In addition, some 29 patent applications are pending in the US, Europe, Australia, Canada, Japan, Korea, India, Brazil, Russia, Mexico, and Israel.

"The foundational neuromorphic patents we've received for AI and ML strengthen our IP product and commercial differentiation," said Sean Hehir, Chief Executive Officer at BrainChip. "Our continued leadership in neuromorphic research and architectural design continues to be rewarded as our patent portfolio grows."

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

McHale

Regular
Yes the timetable was always for the IP to be released second half 2022 and if you have a look at Sean Hehir's AGM presentation he states it is going to happen and that a reference chip is likely to be produced next year.

I do not want to prejudice your interpretation of his exact words but they left me wondering if the IP release was more flexible than before 31.12.22 as I had thought from statements by Peter van der Made, Anil Mankar and Ken Scarince it was a definite for 2022 until then.

Certainly they have purchased and paid for all the third party IP they required as this was reported in the half yearly report and clarified by Ken Scarince that the IP purchase covered the AKIDA 2.0 third party IP.

I know you know how to access the AGM presentation so I would be interested to hear your take on how to understand Sean Hehir on the release date for the IP.

If it is not released before 31.12.22 I would suspect it is a tactical decision related to a customer engagement as the IP was ready end of last year and it is the engineering that has been taking place this year. Going by AKD1000 the engineering clearly was not finalised when the IP was released to select customers back in 2019 and when it was made more generally available they were still working on the FPGA to ensure they could get the production of AKD1000 right the first time. Which thanks to Anil Mankar's brilliance in this area they did.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi @Fact Finder

"For the short term, you can expect another major release of next generation IP and another reference chip prior to the next AGM".
This Is verbatim what Sean said in his presentation.

However that's all I could find in the AGM Pres re Akida 2, so from what I can ascertain there are no clear timelines, other than "for the short term" - another major release of next gen IP; and the other part being another reference chip prior to next AGM.

What is a short term - maybe the CES since we are still in that short term mode, how long is a piece of string ? But CES would be very nice given all the public reveals about to be made there, and by my measurement of the collective will and anticipation here, that outcome would be a suitable unfoldment type scenario, and a happy New Year. Then we get to see the Akida 2 chip in the intervening space before May, if Sean delivers on his forecasts. Who would know, as the Zen folk say: it is, it is, it is and so on.

I know it's taken me a while to get back with this, but I still run a business and have been flat as a lizard (it is it is it is), I am positively izzed at the moment, my short bursts on here are selective skim readings, which I do regularly just to try and keep across what's going on in the BRNsphere.

Something I did glean from reading the AGM again, was that I found a deeper appreciation of what Antonio Viana brings to the table, BRN have been making impressive hirings, Antonio comes across real good to me.

So I wish all here a happy Christmas, and a great New Year, which will hopefully really deliver on the promise which is so proficiently and generously pieced together by the wonderful posters here; and of course the collective genius behind those at Brainchipinc. Thank you all so much.
mc.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 64 users
Top Bottom