BRN Discussion Ongoing

Just some thoughts on Socionext, timelines and relationships that may or may not (?) have been covered previously.

Musing where all the tentacles lead to, and everything does appear to be moving to a critical mass type stage for the upcoming year.

Late 2018 this joint project occurred.

Note a couple of the project partners, project brief and expected end date ;)

Socionext and Partners to Start NEDO-Sponsored Project on
Developing ʻEvolutionary, Low-Power AI Edge LSIʼ
Langen/Germany, 17. October, 2018 --- Socionext Inc., ArchiTek Corporation, and Toyota
Industries Corporation
have signed an agreement to start a research and development project on
ʻEvolutionary, Low-Power AI Edge LSIʼ.

The project is being sponsored by New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO), a Japanese governmental organization promoting the development and introduction of new energy technologies. It is scheduled to conclude in March 2022 with the goal to commercialize technologies in autonomous driving, surveillance systems, drones, robots, AI powered home appliances and others.

The project consists of the following:

(1) Virtual Engine Architecture (ArchiTek Corporation)

To develop a new architecture that achieves a compact device, low power consumption and flexibility, all at the same time.

(2) Real-Time SLAM (Toyota Industries Corporation)

To establish real-time SLAM (Simultaneous Localization And Mapping) technology for self-driving machines.

(3) Quantification DNN (Socionext Inc.)

To address and solve low recognition rate problem with DNN quantization, required for high speed and low power AI processing.

(4) Edge Environment Optimization (Socionext Inc.)

To study a method to identify and optimize how to share functions between the cloud and the edge.

The project is scheduled to conclude in March 2022. Socionext aims to establish the new "AI edge solution platform" based on the outcome of the project and apply it to a wide range of applications for expanding the company’s business and global market outreach.

Expanding the Five Senses with Edge Computing and
Solving Social Problems

Every minute and second, a tremendous amount of information is sucked up from edge devices to the cloud.
However, such information is by no means being used effectively.
From daily routines such as driving to medical care and disaster sites,
people are stressed to be forced to make decisions from a huge number of options in every scene.

Therefore, innovation in edge computing is now required.
Without waiting for a few seconds to communicate with the cloud, respond to human needs.
Always be proactive and respond to the situation.

It moves at the moment when people, society, want something, or before they become aware of that desire.
What we are aiming for is technology that expands the five senses.
Technological innovation with a radius of 1 meter.

I want to see more, I want to know more, I want to feel more.
When the edge changes, the world you feel changes.

In mid 2019 this occurred:

BrainChip and Socionext Sign a Definitive Agreement to Develop the Akida™ Neuromorphic System-on-Chip

In Mar 2020 this occurred:

BrainChip and Socionext Provide a New Low-Power Artificial Intelligence Platform for AI Edge Applications
Socionext to offer its SynQuacerTM Multi-Core Processor with BrainChip’s AkidaTM SoC
BrainChip will provide training, technical and customer support
Companies will jointly identify target end markets and customers

Socionext also offers a high-efficiency, parallel multi-core processor SynQuacerTM SC2A11 as a server solution for various applications.

Socionext’s processor is available now and the two companies expect the Akida SoC engineering samples to be available in the third quarter of 2020.

In addition to integrating BrainChip’s AI technology in an SoC, system developers and OEMs may combine BrainChip’s proprietary Akida device and Socionext’s processor to create high-speed, high-density, low-power systems to perform image and video analysis, recognition and segmentation in surveillance systems, live-streaming and other video applications.

Also in Mar 2020:

Socionext Prototypes Low-Power AI Chip with Quantized Deep Neural Network Engine
Delivers Significant Expansion of Edge Computing Capabilities, Performance and Functionality

SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 17, 2020 ---Socionext Inc. has developed a prototype chip that incorporates newly-developed quantized Deep Neural Network (DNN) technology, enabling highly-advanced AI processing for small and low-power edge computing devices.

The prototype is a part of a research project on “Updatable and Low Power AI-Edge LSI Technology Development” commissioned by the New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO) of Japan. The chip features a "quantized DNN engine" optimized for deep learning inference processing at high speeds with low power consumption.

Quantized DNN Engine
In their place, Socionext has developed a proprietary architecture based on "quantized DNN technology" for reducing the parameter and activation bits required for deep learning. The result is improved performance of AI processing along with lower power consumption. The architecture incorporates bit reduction including 1-bit (binary) and 2-bit (ternary) in addition to the conventional 8-bit, as well as the company’s original parameter compression technology, enabling a large amount of computation with fewer resources and significantly less amounts of data.

Deep Learning Software Development Environment
Socionext has also built a deep learning software development environment. Incorporating TensorFlow as the base framework, it allows developers to perform original, low-bit "quantization-aware training" or "post-training quantization". When used in combination with the new chip, users can choose and apply the optimal quantization technology to various neural networks and execute highly accurate processing. The new chip will add the most advanced computer vision functionality to small form factor, low-power edge devices. Target applications include advanced driver assistance system (ADAS), security camera, and factory automation among others.
Socionext is currently conducting circuitry fine-tuning and performance optimization through the evaluation of this prototype chip. The company will continue working on research and development with the partner companies towards the completion of the NEDO-commissioned project, to deliver the AI Edge LSI as the final product.

NEDO Project title:
Project for Innovative AI Chips and Next-Generation Computing Technology Development
Development of innovative AI edge computing technologies
Updatable and Low Power AI-Edge LSI Technology Development

They also have products like what has been covered previously:

4th Generation Smart Graphic Display Controllers Enable Panoramic and Multi-displays​

Langen, Germany, Milpitas, Calif., and Yokohama, Japan, July 15, 2022 --- Socionext, a global leader in the design and development of innovative System-on-Chip products, has announced a new series of smart display controllers, “SC1721/ SC1722/ SC1723 Series”, certified with ISO26262 for functional safety. Samples will be available at the end of July 2022.

The automotive industry is currently undergoing major transformations that occur approximately once every 100 years. The E/E (Electrical/Electronic) architecture, which is the system structure of automobiles, is changing from a distributed architecture to a domain/zone architecture. Automakers are adopting integrated cockpit systems linking multiple displays, such as meters, In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI), and head-up displays. Larger display sizes and screen resolutions are also driving the demand for improved image quality. Due to the changes, complying with the ISO26262 functional safety standard is critical for developing new automotive ADAS and infotainment systems.

Socionext improves vehicle safety by adding a mechanism to monitor external LED driver error detection and internal algorithm and supports functional safety (ASIL-B) by complying with the ISO26262 development process.

These features enable new architectures, such as panoramic displays for dashboards, to meet a growing trend of larger multi-display applications.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users
Good morning from another beautiful day in Perth...30c already at 8am

I not too sure that, the above quote is 100% accurate, other companies' chips with our IP embedded would be a lot more
accurate.

We simply don't supply chips, IP in blocks is how I understand it to be moving forward, I also understand what she is implying and maybe I'm being a little pedantic.

And for Santa's little helpers still shaking our Christmas Tree, the only thing falling off is fluff, which we don't deal in anymore.
Our tree will never fall over no matter how much shaking you give it, why, because our foundations are rock solid.

See you on the other side of CES 2023, I believe that my neighbour has a meeting arranged with the Brainchip team in Las Vegas to discuss the possibly of having her engineers in the South African mining industry work in with our guys to develop Akida technology for underground mining in the areas of gas sensing, predictive maintenance, vibration analysis etc.

I'll ask her to take some photos if possible while at CES.

Tech x (y)🎅
Maybe a lii pedantic but grounded thinking imo. Sometimes it's very easy to send oneself on a wild thinking journey in regards to brainchips future. I've had to slap myself on more occasions than I can remember.
I could easily calculate reasons why BRN share price could go over 100 dollars per share. I've stopped that train of thought otherwise I'd have no internal organs to continue life🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users

Mercfan

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
have Yobe been resting on their laurels?

This patent is from 2010 - nothing since unless in the last 18 months. The system diagram is from the last millennium.

US10403302B2 Enhancing audio content for voice isolation and biometric identification by adjusting high frequency attack and release times

View attachment 25191

Systems and methods for isolating audio content and biometric authentication include receiving, with an audio receiver, an audio signal spanning a plurality of frequency bands, identifying a speech signal carried by a voice frequency band selected from the plurality of frequency bands, enhancing the speech signal relative to other audio content within the audio signal, and extracting a voice profile key that uniquely identifies the speech signal, wherein enhancing the first speech signal comprises adjusting attack and release times of the speech signal based on sound events within the speech signal, the attack time being associated with very high frequency sounds that are not phase-shifted.

View attachment 25192

They bill themselves as "algorithm provider".

[0032] Some embodiments of the method also includes extracting a first voice profile key that uniquely identifies the first speech signal. Extracting the first voice profile key comprises generating a set of integers, wherein each integer is a function of a recurring frequency and a corresponding amplitude present in the speech signal. The set of integers may identify a unique code or voice print belonging to an individual voice donor. The voice print extracted from the audio signal may then be isolated using the method described above and used to biometrically identify the individual donor by comparing the voice profile key to a database of known voice profile keys. Biometric identification may also include comparison of voice frequency, amplitude, tempo, pitch, speech, or other audible queues that may be unique to an individual as known in the art. If the voice profile key is not found in the database, it may be added. For example, the method may include receiving, from a data store, a plurality of historic voice profile keys and corresponding identified individuals and identifying a first individual donor of the first speech signal by matching the first voice profile key to one of the historic voice profile keys.

There is certainly scope for Akida to enhance the performance of the Yobe algorithm.
AKIDA technology is the White Truffle of the semiconductor industry.

Just adding a tiny slice of AKIDA will take your semiconductor algorithm’s performance to outstanding.

The advantage of AKIDA IP is it is far less expensive and is always available in unlimited quantities and does not require refrigeration. 😂🤣🤡😂🤣😇

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 28 users
I noticed there a few new items on the MagikEye website:

• An article about their 3D sensors being used in the European Synchrotron Radiation Facility for a robot that moves things. It mentions being used to guard the expensive equipment in real-time in 3D. Keep in mind that Brainchip and MagikEye partnered to promote complete combined solutions, though nothing was mentioned about processors in this article.

• All of their videos, including the following for face recognition that can detect masks being used (I can't remember if it's been posted on here previously)

• A new member of their leadership team being displayed on the website (I'm guessing this may mean they're growing)

1671762358981.png

1671763402235.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Surely not?
Screenshot_20221223-134211.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Yobe and SoundHound. Hmmm..

Look at what I found on Yobe's website (below).

I also noticed Yobe is on Arm's ecosystem catalogue. Syas they're an "algorithm provider", so no SNN. Not sure if they could benefit from incorporating Akida into their solution since we know Akida is compatible with Arm's entire product family??

View attachment 25185

View attachment 25187
View attachment 25188
View attachment 25190
Hi Bravo,

I know you are keen on establishing a link to Qualcomm, and I have been a little negative, but of course Qualcomm must be considering Akida.

After all, as you know, they are invested in SiFive ...

https://www.eetimes.com/qualcomm-takes-stake-in-sifive/

Qualcomm Takes Stake in SiFive​

By Nitin Dahad 06.07.2019

Qualcomm Ventures is the newest investor in SiFive, the RISC-V processor IP startup. It’s a clear signal Qualcomm plans to exploit the potential of the RISC-V architecture in wireless and mobile. SiFive announced it raised $65.4 million in funding, with another $11m for its Chinese sister company SaiFan China.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Qualc...rs-in-SiFive-an-ARM-alternative.423631.0.html
Qualcomm, Samsung and Intel revealed as investors in SiFive, an ARM alternative
Qualcom, Samsung and Intel are all investors in RISC-V fabless US-based chip designing company SiFive. (Source: SiFive)
RISC-V chip designer SiFive it has been revealed to have some pretty interesting investors. A recent filing shows that it has raised US$65.4 million in its latest funding round including a cash injection from Qualcomm that sees it join fellow heavyweights in Samsung and Intel as investors.
Sanjiv Sathiah, Published 06/09/2019

... and BrainChip and SiFive are partners:

https://brainchip.com/brainchip-sifive-partner-deploy-ai-ml-at-edge/

BrainChip and SiFive Partner to Deploy AI/ML Technology at the Edge​

Laguna Hills, Calif. – April 5, 2022 BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power neuromorphic AI chips and IP, and SiFive, Inc., the founder and leader of RISC-V computing, have combined their respective technologies to offer chip designers optimized AI/ML compute at the edge.

... so it is likely that Qualcomm will see the light soonish if they were to make an objective comparison with their AI acceleration engine in Snapdragon 8.2, particularly as Qualcommm has indicated they will be switching a lot of their production to RISC-V in light of the ARM litigation. .

https://www.theregister.com/2022/11/15/qualcomm_snapdragon_8_gen_2/?td=readmore

Qualcomm pushes latest Arm-powered Snapdragon chip amid bitter license fight

The Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 system-on-chip features eight off-the-shelf cores from Arm, which is locked in a bitter legal fight with Qualcomm over licenses and contracts.
This includes an AI acceleration engine that is, we're told, up to 4.35 times faster than the previous generation, and with a potential 60 percent increase in performance-per-watt, depending on how it's used. This unit can be used to speed up machine-learning tasks on the device without any outside help, such as object recognition, and real-time spoken language translation and transcription. The dual-processor engine can handle as low as INT4 precision for AI models that don't need a lot of precision but do need it done fast on battery power, which the 4-bit integer format can afford developers, according to Qualcomm.

Qualcomm is pushing the INT4 capabilities as a precision ideal for modern mobile apps. It said a cross-platform Qualcomm AI Studio is due to be made available in preview form in the first half of next year that will optimize developers' models for this precision as well as other formats. This studio looks like a typical IDE in which programmers can organize their training workflows.

... and there are a couple of other investors in SiFive who can profit from incorporating Akida in their products, one of whom has recently shed the cloak of invisibility.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

misslou

Founding Member
Great post @Esq.111!

Hmmm...All this talk of 4nm chips has got me thinking about Tesla since it has just placed a HUGE order for 4nm chips at TSMC's new US facility in Arizona with volume production expected to begin in 2024. Tesla's Hardware 3 in its electric cars will be replaced by Hardware 4 with the 4nm chips from TSMC. It says in another article that at the moment details are scarce but it's expected that this "new chip" will increase the range capacity as well as triple the power of the current model.

A girl can always dream...

View attachment 25180

View attachment 25181

Elon was live on twitter a few hours ago answering questions from listeners. People got to switch on their mics and speak to him. I logged on just as he mentioned energy efficiency and battery life. I clicked immediately to ask a question and braced myself, practicing what I was going to say about neuromorphic technology and whether he thought spiking neural networks would improve the performance of Tesla vehicles, but he stopped taking questions before they got to me.
I don’t know if I was devastated or relieved because I just about wet myself with nerves.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I could’ve had the answer to your question but instead I have a story about a missed opportunity of a lifetime 😂

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 59 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Hi Bravo,

I know you are keen on establishing a link to Qualcomm, and I have been a little negative, but of course Qualcomm must be considering Akida.

Qualcomm Ventures is the newest investor in SiFive, the RISC-V processor IP startup. It’s a clear signal Qualcomm plans to exploit the potential of the RISC-V architecture in wireless and mobile. SiFive announced it raised $65.4 million in funding, with another $11m for its Chinese sister company SaiFan China.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Qualc...rs-in-SiFive-an-ARM-alternative.423631.0.html
Qualcom, Samsung and Intel are all investors in RISC-V fabless US-based chip designing company SiFive. (Source: SiFive)
RISC-V chip designer SiFive it has been revealed to have some pretty interesting investors. A recent filing shows that it has raised US$65.4 million in its latest funding round including a cash injection from Qualcomm that sees it join fellow heavyweights in Samsung and Intel as investors.

Laguna Hills, Calif. – April 5, 2022 BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power neuromorphic AI chips and IP, and SiFive, Inc., the founder and leader of RISC-V computing, have combined their respective technologies to offer chip designers optimized AI/ML compute at the edge.

... so it is likely that Qualcomm will see the light soonish if they were to make an objective comparison with their AI acceleration engine in Snapdragon 8.2, particularly as Qualcommm has indicated they will be switching a lot of their production to RISC-V in light of the ARM litigation. .

The Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 system-on-chip features eight off-the-shelf cores from Arm, which is locked in a bitter legal fight with Qualcomm over licenses and contracts.
This includes an AI acceleration engine that is, we're told, up to 4.35 times faster than the previous generation, and with a potential 60 percent increase in performance-per-watt, depending on how it's used. This unit can be used to speed up machine-learning tasks on the device without any outside help, such as object recognition, and real-time spoken language translation and transcription. The dual-processor engine can handle as low as INT4 precision for AI models that don't need a lot of precision but do need it done fast on battery power, which the 4-bit integer format can afford developers, according to Qualcomm.

Qualcomm is pushing the INT4 capabilities as a precision ideal for modern mobile apps. It said a cross-platform Qualcomm AI Studio is due to be made available in preview form in the first half of next year that will optimize developers' models for this precision as well as other formats. This studio looks like a typical IDE in which programmers can organize their training workflows.

... and there are a couple of other investors in SiFive who can profit from incorporating Akida in their products, one of whom has recently shed the cloak of invisibility.

Excited Gravity Falls GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Intel's Mike D talking to Anastasi about Neuromorphic

Thanks for the video.
🤣 Anyone else mocking him whilst viewing the vid?

• Haha

charles2

Regular
Thanks for the video.
🤣 Anyone else mocking him whilst viewing the vid?
Mocking? I'm pleased that he has (seemingly) recognized that Loihi is number 2. Humble pie never is delicious but we have all eaten it.

Reactions: 14 users
Mocking? I'm pleased that he has (seemingly) recognized that Loihi is number 2. Humble pie never is delicious but we have all eaten it.
Well they may have had a premonition that their chip would be second best considering the name of it 'Loihi 2' 😄
Can't wait for loihi 3, 4, 5, 6
Yes a serving of humble pie is good for the soul.

• Haha

Newk R

Regular
Merry Christmas all chippers. Stay safe over the break and try not to drink too much more than me.
Cheers
GIF by Ecard Mint

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 27 users
Given we are apparently available within the SynQuacer....I wonder :unsure:

Original blog appears from mid 21 though refreshed / updated this year?

Socionext Human Detection Works with Nx​

Picture of Network Optix

NETWORK OPTIX June 13, 2022 11 Min Read
Socionext Logo

Socionext Human Detection Works with Nx​

Categories: Analytics​

Compatible Nx Version: Nx Witness 4.0, Nx Witness 4.1​

Integrated with Nx: Metadata SDK​

About Socionext SNIAI​

SNIAI is a real-time, low-power, and high-performance video analytic solution that integrates with Powered by Nx products. Using a dedicated accelerator, SNIAI can detect humans across 20 cameras in real-time.

Components:

Processor: SynQuacer Socionext SC2A11 96 Boards (24 Cores of ARM Cortex-A53)

AI accelerator: SNI AI accelerator

Integrations

Supported devices

Partners

Socionext also offers a high-efficiency, parallel multi-core processor SynQuacerTM SC2A11 as a server solution for various applications.

Socionext’s processor is available now and the two companies expect the Akida SoC engineering samples to be available in the third quarter of 2020.

In addition to integrating BrainChip’s AI technology in an SoC, system developers and OEMs may combine BrainChip’s proprietary Akida device and Socionext’s processor to create high-speed, high-density, low-power systems to perform image and video analysis, recognition and segmentation in surveillance systems, live-streaming and other video applications.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 26 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Hi Bravo,

lalalala-elmo.gif

On the 12th day of Christmas BrainChip sent to me
Twelve unexpected announcements
Eleven Intel Foundry Services partners
Ten Mercedes MBUX's
Nine NVISO SDK's
Eight Valeo Lidars
Seven new Socionext auto applications
Six CES 2023 honourable mentions
Five custom designs with SiFive
Four lines of royalties from Renesas
Three wiz-bang Prophesee event-based camera's
Two NASA orbits and not even one ogre from my dear Dodgy-Knee (s)

❤️ 🎄❤️

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 49 users
AKITA is a Japanese dog breed with the known traits of being loyal and fiercely protective of its family, aggressive to strangers and other dogs BUT very hard to train.

Seems a very funny name to choose if correct. Perhaps it’s just the project name which would make it intriguing???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

pgetties

I proposed this question on the openai CHATbot.. very interesting to read the response..

“How will Brainchip akida revolutionise the AI sector”

Brainchip Akida is a neuromorphic system-on-chip (SoC) that has been designed to enable artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) capabilities in edge devices. The Akida SoC is based on a novel spiking neural network (SNN) architecture that is inspired by the way the brain works. According to Brainchip, the Akida SoC can perform a wide range of AI and ML tasks, including image recognition, object detection, and natural language processing, with high accuracy and low power consumption.

The potential benefits of the Akida SoC for the AI sector are significant. By enabling AI and ML capabilities on edge devices, the Akida SoC could potentially revolutionize the way that AI is deployed and used. For example, the Akida SoC could enable the development of AI-powered devices that can operate independently, without the need for a connection to a central server or cloud computing infrastructure. This could make AI more accessible and widely available, and enable a wide range of new applications and use cases.

It is important to note that the Akida SoC is still a relatively new technology, and it remains to be seen how it will be adopted and used in the AI sector. However, the potential benefits of the Akida SoC are significant, and it is likely that it will play a significant role in the future of AI and ML.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

Diogenese

Top 20
View attachment 25203

On the 12th day of Christmas BrainChip sent to me
twelve unexpected announcements
eleven Intel Foundry Services partners
ten Mercedes MBUX's
nine NVISO SDK's
eight Valeo Lidars
seven new Socionext auto applications
six CES 2023 honourable mentions
five custom designs with SiFive
four lines of royalties from Renesas
three wiz-bang Prophesee event-based camera's
two NASA orbits and not even one ogre from my dear Dodgy-Knee (s)

❤️ 🎄❤️
Your scansion's a bit dodgy ...

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I proposed this question on the openai CHATbot.. very interesting to read the response..

“How will Brainchip akida revolutionise the AI sector”

Brainchip Akida is a neuromorphic system-on-chip (SoC) that has been designed to enable artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) capabilities in edge devices. The Akida SoC is based on a novel spiking neural network (SNN) architecture that is inspired by the way the brain works. According to Brainchip, the Akida SoC can perform a wide range of AI and ML tasks, including image recognition, object detection, and natural language processing, with high accuracy and low power consumption.

The potential benefits of the Akida SoC for the AI sector are significant. By enabling AI and ML capabilities on edge devices, the Akida SoC could potentially revolutionize the way that AI is deployed and used. For example, the Akida SoC could enable the development of AI-powered devices that can operate independently, without the need for a connection to a central server or cloud computing infrastructure. This could make AI more accessible and widely available, and enable a wide range of new applications and use cases.

It is important to note that the Akida SoC is still a relatively new technology, and it remains to be seen how it will be adopted and used in the AI sector. However, the potential benefits of the Akida SoC are significant, and it is likely that it will play a significant role in the future of AI and ML.
Akida could also put openai Chatbot out of a job.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
Just having a little look around and the orange xxxx’s mark the spot where in the past week and interesting update was made to AKIDA models. @Diogenese can tell us if this amendment has any significance and almost forgot since when has AKD500 been available. Peter van der Made said this might be used in white goods:

Upgrade to akida/cnn2snn 2.2.6 and akida_models 1.1.8​

last week
@ktsiknos-brainchip
ktsiknos-brainchip
2.2.6-doc-1
d334eea
Upgrade to akida/cnn2snn 2.2.6 and akida_models 1.1.8
Latest

Update akida and cnn2snn to version 2.2.6​

New features​

• [akida] Upgrade to quantizeml 0.0.13
  • [akida] Attention layer
  • [akida] Identify AKD500 devices
  • [engine] Move mesh scan to host library

API changes​

• [engine] toggle_learn must be called instead of program(p,learn_enabled)
  • [engine] set_batch_size allows to preallocate inputs

Bug fixes​

• [engine] Memory can grow indefinitely if queueing is faster than processing

Update akida_models to 1.1.8​

• updated CNN2SNN minimal required version to 2.2.6 and QuantizeML to 0.0.13
  • VWW model and training pipeline refactored and aligned with TinyML
  • Layer names in almost all models have been updated in preparation for quantization with QuantizeML
  • Tabular data models and tools have been removed from the package
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Transformers pretrained models updated to 4-bits
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Introduced calibration utils in training toolset
  • KWS and ImageNet training scripts now offer a "calibrate" CLI action
  • ImageNet training script will now automatically restore the best weights after training

Documentation update​

• dropped quantizeml API details for now

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
Top Bottom