BRN Discussion Ongoing

Kozikan

Regular
Interesting article regarding Sony.

The Sony/Prophesee/Brainchip triangle may end up being more important to Brainchip's success than any of us have ever imagined.

Hi Fmf,

Following on from the link you posted, a little belated hindsight in the light of the Mercedes announcement 4 months later ( https://brainchip.com/mercedes-benz-vision-eqxx-concept/ ):

Akida spiking neural processor could head to FDSOI​

Technology News | August 2, 2021
By Peter Clarke
One of the application areas of interest is automotive where Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) to train an increasing number of sensors, components, image and video processors in each vehicle. Autonomous vehicles and near-autonomous vehicles are predicted to generate between 12 and 15 terabytes of data for every two hours of driving.

Latency, power consumption and privacy are the key reasons not to send this data to the cloud for processing.

One advantage of spiking neural network architectures is the ability to perform real-time incremental learning, sometimes called one-shot learning, within a fraction of a second. The ability to add voice commands, accept individuals as drivers by facial recognition and to flag events as significant or not in sensors is improved when using Akida, said BrainChip executives. “We are being benchmarked against deep learning accelerators and a GPU vendor and it is coming back favourably to u
s.”

Note the present tense (August 22021) "We are being benchmarked ... ", ie, the benchmarking was going on in August 2021. Five months later we got the Mercedes announcement.

We know about the use of Akida for voice commands in Mercedes.

We also know that Mercedes compared (benchmarked) Akida favourably with other voice recognition systems, providing 5 to 10 times better power efficiency than deep learning accelerators and a GPU vendor (Nvidia?).

We have speculated about other applications of Akida in Mercedes, so if we take a lead from the above-cited abstract, can we infer that facial recognition and significant event detection are included in EQXX, EQS, ... ?

... and don't mention Valeo ...

Now I wonder if the Sony/Prophesee deblurring camera could be useful in ADAS ...
True indeed. IMO , Event Vision tech is going to be a seriously challenging alternative to the Lidar ADAS solution.
Thankfully, BrainChip have both pathways covered.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Quiltman

Regular
Are we allowed to mention the contents of the NVISO newsletter that has just come out .... marked private & confidential ... but it's good news day for BrainChip !!

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 23 users

Blazar85

Regular
From the Nviso December 2022 company update:

Further, our partnership with BrainChip on neuromorphic computing is starting to bear fruit as potential
customers are now positively evaluating NVISO software running on next generation AI hardware which is
expected to translate into a growing blue-chip customer base in 2023. Additionally a Japan OEM will begin a
POC early 2023 as part of a larger project to adopt AI strategy and a second German Premium OEM will
likely begin in 2023 after positive evaluations of our current AI solutions for interior sensing and driver
monitoring

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221216_122018_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20221216_122018_Drive.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 166
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 117 users

hotty4040

Regular
Rob telson in his email today mentioned about 60Ghz and 24Ghz smart radar solutions from Socionext. Well, the 24Ghz radar seems to align with Brianchip’s target market, blurb from Socionext's site below.

Socionext’s single-chip, low power, highly integrated, 24GHz radio-wave sensor has been specifically designed for IoT products, smart home applications, mobile devices, and industrial equipment. The SC1233 combines high levels of integration into a single IC package and incorporates a full CMOS based semiconductor design to help reduce power consumption and manufacturing costs. The sensor comes with embedded FFT and signal processing which reduces design resource requirements and costs for manufacturers who lack the experience or expertise in using radio-wave sensors.

"SC1240 Series radio-wave ranging sensors that use the 60GHz band with a built-in signal processing circuit for detecting the position and movement of a person with maximum accuracy. Sample shipments are scheduled for Q2 2022, and mass production in Q1 2023 “

Socionext’s radio wave sensors have also won the “Electronic product of the year “ at the British Engineering excellence awards.

Is that the LIFE OF BRAINCHIP, Brian....... Hope it'll be a long one.. ;)

hotty...

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

M_C

Founding Member
From the Nviso December 2022 company update:

Further, our partnership with BrainChip on neuromorphic computing is starting to bear fruit as potential
customers are now positively evaluating NVISO software running on next generation AI hardware which is
expected to translate into a growing blue-chip customer base in 2023. Additionally a Japan OEM will begin a
POC early 2023 as part of a larger project to adopt AI strategy and a second German Premium OEM will
likely begin in 2023 after positive evaluations of our current AI solutions for interior sensing and driver
monitoring

"Although revenue recovery from COVID has been modest, we have now invoiced Panasonic for the first payment towards licensing of the companion robot which is entering mass production. It is part of a key strategy on Panasonic’s part to move away from appliances to intelligent devices. Additionally, we have invoiced a large premium German automotive manufacturer for a pilot project regarding our advancements on a holistic platform for complex emotions including successfully passing a data security audit to process their internal data for AI development purposes. ected to translate into a growing blue-chip customer base in 2023. Additionally a Japan OEM will begin a POC early 2023 as part of a larger project to adopt AI strategy and a second German Premium OEM will likely begin in 2023 after positive evaluations of our current AI solutions for interior sensing and driver monitoring."

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 82 users

Blazar85

Regular
Our friends Nviso will be spruiking us at CES 2023 😉

Product Development
Following on from our announcement of successful neuromorphic interoperability last summer, we will now
be announcing support for two new high performance AI Apps from its Human Behavior AI App catalogue,
Gaze and Action Unit Detection. We are making available a full SDK release for manufacturers looking to
mission critical human-interaction features meeting the most demanding performance, cost, and power
budgets. NVISO’s Neuro SDK running on the BrainChip platform will be demonstrated on the Socionext
stand at CES2023.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221216_122914_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20221216_122914_Drive.jpg
    873.8 KB · Views: 99
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 66 users

Moonshot

Regular

Display controller market is estimated to be $56b uS by 2028

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

mcm

Regular
Our friends Nviso will be spruiking us at CES 2023 😉

Product Development
Following on from our announcement of successful neuromorphic interoperability last summer, we will now
be announcing support for two new high performance AI Apps from its Human Behavior AI App catalogue,
Gaze and Action Unit Detection. We are making available a full SDK release for manufacturers looking to
mission critical human-interaction features meeting the most demanding performance, cost, and power
budgets. NVISO’s Neuro SDK running on the BrainChip platform will be demonstrated on the Socionext
stand at CES2023.
Excellent! Can only think that those selling BRN are not privy to the extraordinary research being carried out on this forum ... because just reading today's posts ... you'd be mad to part with a single share. I'm delighted to buy more at sub 70c. What a gift!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users

jtardif999

Regular
I guess SOCIONEXT were telling the truth in 2019 despite the complaints of the scumbag manipulators:

We are excited to join BrainChip in the design, development and introduction of Akida,” said Noriaki Kubo, Corporate Executive Vice President of Socionext. “Bringing artificial intelligence to edge applications is a major industry development and a strategic application segment for Socionext. Socionext provides suppliers such as BrainChip with a large engineering solutions platform, ranging from integrated circuit design through final test and assembly, to bring high quality products to market efficiently.

We are extremely pleased to work with Socionext, one of the world’s leading SoC development and manufacturing teams,” said Louis DiNardo, CEO of BrainChip. “With the firm backing by such a preeminent partner, we are confident we will be supplying the world’s first complete AI Edge network solution.

If you panic about the next 4C if it does not deliver income you do not deserve to be a Brainchip shareholder.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I wonder if BrainChip and Socionext came to some arrangement regarding Socionext not having to pay a licence fee for the Akida IP and then quietly went about their business embedding the IP in these products. It would make sense to me that they might come to this kind of arrangement since at that time BrainChip needed help to produce the Akida hardware and may have added in a sweetener to confirm the partnership with Socionext to conceive Akida and tape out for silicon.

Socionext May also have said: ‘We‘ll make the tape out process cheaper for you if you give us access to embedding your IP in our products without having to pay a licence fee.’ Who knows?

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
Out of the NVISO company update, @Diogenese I'd be keen to know if you've looked at the neuromorphic technology being developed by Alexera AI and GrAI Matter Labs?

Reactions: 4 users

Dhm

Regular
So, in a couple of days we have discovered about Intel, and have had updates on both Socionext and NVISO. It doesn’t come much sexier than that.

sexy homer simpson GIF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users
D

Deleted member 118

So, in a couple of days we have discovered about Intel, and have had updates on both Socionext and NVISO. It doesn’t come much sexier than that.

sexy homer simpson GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

wilzy123

Founding Member

1671158433078.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 103 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Well, I for one am getting a bit worried because my friends and I like to pull faces at each other in the car. It's just a "thing" we've developed over time which has turned into a bit of a competition I'm afraid. So my question is, what happens if NVISO's technology detects a human emotion it doesn't know how to classify? Do you think it brings the car safely to a stop and calls for emergency services to attend? Because that would be a bit embarrassing...

uCHmygB.gif

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 31 users

Damo4

Regular
My thoughts on the NVISO release:

We know we are working with Mercedes and this could extend to a link via NVISO for the monitoring and smart cabin features on the new head unit (1st German OEM).
My guess is the latest info we have now seen surrounding BMW with autonomous driving, monitoring etc is the 2nd German OEM.

Edit: Also the don't "name" the Japan OEM, yet the Brainchip segment is nested between two paragraphs mentioning Panasonic...smells like a duck no?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users
ARM
EDGE IMPULSE
INTEL
ISL
MEGACHIPS
MERCEDES BENZ
MOSCHIPS
NASA
NUMEN
NVISO
PROPHESEE
RENESAS
SiFIVE
SOCIONEXT
VALEO

POLICE HAVE ADVISED THAT THE ABOVE NAMED ENTITIES ARE MEMBERS OF THE AKIDA CULT AND ARE LIKELY TO ATTRACT GENUINE RETAIL INVESTOR INTEREST.

CARE SHOULD BE TAKEN WHEN ESTABLISHING SHORT AND OR TRADING POSITIONS.
Seems like the Police were right Socionext is a cult member.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Well, I for one am getting a bit worried because my friends and I like to pull faces at each other in the car. It's just a "thing" we've developed over time which has turned into a bit of a competition I'm afraid. So my question is, what happens if NVISO's technology detects a human emotion it doesn't know how to classify? Do you think it brings the car safely to a stop and calls for emergency services to attend? Because that would be a bit embarrassing...

View attachment 24508

Classify this Nviso, you bitch! 🤣

1671162390606.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

overpup

Regular
My thoughts on the NVISO release:

We know we are working with Mercedes and this could extend to a link via NVISO for the monitoring and smart cabin features on the new head unit (1st German OEM).
My guess is the latest info we have now seen surrounding BMW with autonomous driving, monitoring etc is the 2nd German OEM.

Edit: Also the don't "name" the Japan OEM, yet the Brainchip segment is nested between two paragraphs mentioning Panasonic...smells like a duck no?
socionext is part owned by Panasonic (and Fujitsu i think?)

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 19 users
Top Bottom