BRN Discussion Ongoing

dippY22

Regular
Ill go happily if they pay for my plane and stay
Yeah, and that's as likely to happen as me being reimbursed for attending the AGM in Perth. Fat chance.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Fire Love GIF
Yes, let's hope so.
One of these times, soon enough, we are going to hit our tipping point, where the huge amount of planning, networking, investing, eco system incorporation and just plain good old fashioned work that has been going on behind the cover of NDA's and other commercial in confidence deals will be revealed.
And then all those who have been wanting to shout it from the rooftops will be enabled, except perhaps for certain of the military, aerospace and associated skunkworks applications.
Then we will no longer be in the wilderness but instead find ourselves basking in our newly recognised "overnight sensation" role.
As has been stated elsewhere, right place, right time, right component.
And all seeded by our visionary founder who foresaw these or similar developments years back and had the courage of his convictions to discover the untrod path.
We are very fortunate if we have had the foresight and stamina to be on this particular bus so early, whose true colours are soon to be more widely recognised, enabling not only a massive growth in our personal investment, but a much needed, beneficent and timely solution to many of the problems plaguing mankind and our home planet.
Soon enough, fledgeling up and comers will dare to wonder if they indeed, could be, "the new Brainchip?"
It's already been one hell of a ride, and as PVDM has said, "We are only just getting started!"
Hang on Brothers and Sisters, if you can......
I know I am. 🤣
See you all at AGM 2023 and just maybe at CES 2024. 🤣

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 51 users

ndefries

Regular
SOCIONEXT INCORPORATING AKIDA .......................BOOM!!!!!!

Press Inquiry:
Socionext Inc. https://www.socionext.com/en/contact/
1 /4
Socionext Introduces ISO26262 Certified
Smart Graphic Display Controllers
4th Generation Smart Graphic Display Controllers Enable Panoramic and Multi-displays
[Langen/Germany and Yokohama/Japan. July 15, 2022] --- Socionext, a global leader in the design and
development of innovative System-on-Chip products, has announced a new series of smart display controllers,
“SC1721/ SC1722/ SC1723 Series”, certified with ISO26262 for functional safety. Samples will be available at
the end of July 2022.
The automotive industry is currently undergoing major transformations that occur approximately once every
100 years. The E/E (Electrical/Electronic) architecture, which is the system structure of automobiles, is changing
from a distributed architecture to a domain/zone architecture. Automakers are adopting integrated cockpit
systems linking multiple displays, such as meters, In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI), and head-up displays. Larger
display size and screen resolution are also driving the demand for improved image quality. Due to the changes,
complying with the ISO26262 functional safety standard is critical for new automotive ADAS and infotainment
systems development.
Socionext has been developing smart display controllers for automotive applications for many years. This fourth
generation is equipped with an APIX®3 SerDes-repeater function that allows daisy-chaining of multiple smart
display controllers, enabling up to four display connections in a chain. Compared to the previous generation,
this function greatly improves the wiring efficiency of the vehicle and facilitates the cooperation of multiple
displays. In addition, the company's proprietary SEERIS™ 2D graphics IP is integrated with cutting-edge
functions, such as LED control and pixel compensation by Local Dimming, and Warping-on-the-fly dynamic
interpolation of the Warp Map. Socionext improves vehicle safety by adding a mechanism to monitor external
LED driver error detection and internal algorithm, and supports functional safety (ASIL-B) by complying with
the ISO26262 development process.
These features enable new architectures, such as panoramic displays for dashboards, to meet a growing trend
of larger multi-display applications.
PR20220715_01 197
Press Release

2 /4
SC1721/ SC1722/ SC1723 Series Main Lineup and Specifications
SC1721AH5 SC1722AK3 SC1723AK3
Package – Pin EP-LQFP-216 TE-BGA-437 TE-BGA-427
Size 24mm x 24mm 23mm x 23mm 23mm x 23mm
Video Output
Resolution example 1920 x 1080 3840 x 1080 3840 x 2160
Video Output Dual LVDS, OpenLDI Dual LVDS, OpenLDI eDP 5.4Gbps 4lane
APIX®3 SerDes-repeater*1 Rx: 2 x 3Gbps with
HDCP2.3
Tx: 1 x 3Gbps
Rx: 2 x 3Gbps or 1 x
6Gbps with HDCP2.3
Tx: 1 x 6Gbps
Rx: 2 x 6Gbps with
HDCP2.3
Video Input*1 LVDS, OpenLDI LVDS, OpenLDI LVDS, OpenLDI
Local Dimming 512 LED block 512 LED block 1024 LED block
Warping-on-the-fly Yes No No
ISO26262 ASIL-B compliant
development process Yes Yes Yes
*1: APIX®3 SerDes-repeater or Video Input is exclusive depending on the lineu
View attachment 24483 View attachment 24481

Season 9 Fist Bump GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm
They were demonstrating it in Germany in October

Socionext’s ASIC and customized SoC expertise within the Automotive sector is well-known. The company develops and provides customized solutions for a range of applications such as ADAS, Central Computing, Sensors and in-vehicle infotainment (IVI). By investing in leading-edge technologies, IP and software Socionext enables customers to build state-of-the-art integrated circuits. Understanding customers’ applications and the special requirements of the Automotive market is key to the company’s success.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users
Yeah, and that's as likely to happen as me being reimbursed for attending the AGM in Perth. Fat chance.
Can we not dream, I’ll send them an invoice for both of us

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Anil Mankar was asked at the 2021 Ai Field Day if Brainchip was obtaining ASIL approval for AKIDA and he said no that is too expensive we are leaving it for our customers well once again the truth of Brainchip statements is highlighted by Socionext’s reveal of ISO26262
Automotive Safety Approval.

This milestone approval is in itself huge as it confirms that Mercedes Benz and others will have the ability to expand AKIDA’s use to the full extent technically possible.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 76 users

Pappagallo

Regular
Wow, wow, wow,
Fat Cat is out of the bag.

At CES a few of our partners are demonstrating this technology:
Socionext (North Hall, booth 10564): Automotive solutions for remote display, RADAR and embedded sensing and cabin monitoring.
Socionext will demonstrate it’s highly integrated ISO26262-certified SC1721/ SC1722/ SC1723 Series Graphics Display Controllers feature built-in safety mechanisms that enable error-free, safety-critical content to meet the safety standards required by today’s multi-display cockpit applications.

Socionext has created a variety of smart RADAR solutions, including 24GHz and 60GHz, and has developed a roadmap showcasing future technologies features and capabilities to support multiple in-cabin uses, including seat occupancy monitoring, child presence detection, and theft prevention.

Stay tuned for further updates on our partners CES schedule and announcements.

It's great to be a shareholder 🏖

PS: My apologies for not copy PROPHESEE details as it's in the bag😉 and we all know it.

I remember Anil stating that we wouldn’t chase ISO certification ourselves due to it being quite an extensive process and that our partners would be doing it on our behalf anyway. Turns out he’s a straight shooter! Shocked I am shocked!

Anyway in already being ISO-certified it sounds like these Socionext in-cabin devices are pretty close to being integrated into production vehicles or at least have the ability to be “plugged in” for want of a better term. Between these, Valeo LiDAR and MB.OS Hey Mercedes you’ll be hard pressed finding a car WITHOUT Akida Inside in a few years time.

Edit: FF beat me to it!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 49 users

Diogenese

Top 20
SOCIONEXT INCORPORATING AKIDA .......................BOOM!!!!!!

Press Inquiry:
Socionext Inc. https://www.socionext.com/en/contact/
1 /4
4th Generation Smart Graphic Display Controllers Enable Panoramic and Multi-displays
[Langen/Germany and Yokohama/Japan. July 15, 2022] --- Socionext, a global leader in the design and
development of innovative System-on-Chip products, has announced a new series of smart display controllers,
“SC1721/ SC1722/ SC1723 Series”, certified with ISO26262 for functional safety. Samples will be available at
the end of July 2022.
The automotive industry is currently undergoing major transformations that occur approximately once every
100 years. The E/E (Electrical/Electronic) architecture, which is the system structure of automobiles, is changing
from a distributed architecture to a domain/zone architecture. Automakers are adopting integrated cockpit
systems linking multiple displays, such as meters, In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI), and head-up displays. Larger
display size and screen resolution are also driving the demand for improved image quality. Due to the changes,
complying with the ISO26262 functional safety standard is critical for new automotive ADAS and infotainment
systems development.
Socionext has been developing smart display controllers for automotive applications for many years. This fourth
generation is equipped with an APIX®3 SerDes-repeater function that allows daisy-chaining of multiple smart
display controllers, enabling up to four display connections in a chain. Compared to the previous generation,
this function greatly improves the wiring efficiency of the vehicle and facilitates the cooperation of multiple
displays. In addition, the company's proprietary SEERIS™ 2D graphics IP is integrated with cutting-edge
functions, such as LED control and pixel compensation by Local Dimming, and Warping-on-the-fly dynamic
interpolation of the Warp Map. Socionext improves vehicle safety by adding a mechanism to monitor external
LED driver error detection and internal algorithm, and supports functional safety (ASIL-B) by complying with
the ISO26262 development process.
These features enable new architectures, such as panoramic displays for dashboards, to meet a growing trend
of larger multi-display applications.
PR20220715_01 197
Press Release

2 /4
SC1721/ SC1722/ SC1723 Series Main Lineup and Specifications
SC1721AH5 SC1722AK3 SC1723AK3
Package – Pin EP-LQFP-216 TE-BGA-437 TE-BGA-427
Size 24mm x 24mm 23mm x 23mm 23mm x 23mm
Video Output
Resolution example 1920 x 1080 3840 x 1080 3840 x 2160
Video Output Dual LVDS, OpenLDI Dual LVDS, OpenLDI eDP 5.4Gbps 4lane
APIX®3 SerDes-repeater*1 Rx: 2 x 3Gbps with
HDCP2.3
Tx: 1 x 3Gbps
Rx: 2 x 3Gbps or 1 x
6Gbps with HDCP2.3
Rx: 2 x 6Gbps with
HDCP2.3
Video Input*1 LVDS, OpenLDI LVDS, OpenLDI LVDS, OpenLDI
Local Dimming 512 LED block 512 LED block 1024 LED block
Warping-on-the-fly Yes No No
ISO26262 ASIL-B compliant
development process Yes Yes Yes
*1: APIX®3 SerDes-repeater or Video Input is exclusive depending on the lineu
View attachment 24483 View attachment 24481

Season 9 Fist Bump GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm
Hi Dozzaman,

I think this bit is another great selling point for Akida:

Compared to the previous generation, this function greatly improves the wiring efficiency of the vehicle and facilitates the cooperation of multiple displays. In addition, the company's proprietary SEERIS™ 2D graphics IP is integrated with cutting-edge functions, such as LED control and pixel

The introduction of Akida into complex systems such as ADAS could actually make the adoption of Akida a cost reduction. For example, an 8-wire bus could be reduced to 2 wires - sell your copper shares ... here comes Akida.

[Not financial advice!]

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 64 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
“Press Release
[Langen/Germany and Yokohama/Japan. July 15, 2022] --- Socionext, a global leader in the design and development of innovative System-on-Chip products, has announced a new series of smart display controllers, “SC1721/ SC1722/ SC1723 Series”, certified with ISO26262 for functional safety. Samples will be available at the end of July 2022.
The automotive industry is currently undergoing major transformations that occur approximately once every 100 years. The E/E (Electrical/Electronic) architecture, which is the system structure of automobiles, is changing from a distributed architecture to a domain/zone architecture. Automakers are adopting integrated cockpit systems linking multiple displays, such as meters, In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI), and head-up displays. Larger display size and screen resolution are also driving the demand for improved image quality. Due to the changes, complying with the ISO26262 functional safety standard is critical for new automotive ADAS and infotainment systems development.
Socionext has been developing smart display controllers for automotive applications for many years. This fourth generation is equipped with an APIX®3 SerDes-repeater function that allows daisy-chaining of multiple smart display controllers, enabling up to four display connections in a chain. Compared to the previous generation, this function greatly improves the wiring efficiency of the vehicle and facilitates the cooperation of multiple displays. In addition, the company's proprietary SEERISTM 2D graphics IP is integrated with cutting-edge functions, such as LED control and pixel compensation by Local Dimming, and Warping-on-the-fly dynamic interpolation of the Warp Map. Socionext improves vehicle safety by adding a mechanism to monitor external LED driver error detection and internal algorithm, and supports functional safety (ASIL-B) by complying with the ISO26262 development process.
These features enable new architectures, such as panoramic displays for dashboards, to meet a growing trend of larger multi-display applications”
Talk about science fiction " Warping-on-the-fly dynamic interpolation of the Warp Map."
I'm sure Captain Kirk said that.😁😁

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Damo4

Regular
View attachment 24487

Off the internet, but look how juicy semiconductor industry is.

Numbers would be different for better or worse, but profit margin for BRN would be much higher imo due to the IP business model vs TSMC.
They pay more tax per qtr than BRN's MC lol!

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
That is actually a really cool graphic
View attachment 24487

Off the internet, but look how juicy semiconductor industry is.

Numbers would be different for better or worse, but profit margin for BRN would be much higher imo due to the IP business model vs TSMC.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
How can this be? We are a meme stock that have no customers, no real world solutions and no revenue!

View attachment 24482
Next time I see the wanker, after BRN has officially launched its world domination of the semiconductor industry I'll show that cockhead my BRN portfolio and just remind him of what a f@$k knuckle dropkick he is and buy him a beer and have a quick discussion about what it could have been for him if he had at least one working neuron and one synapse.
(He lives in my state) And have seen him around a few times.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Next time I see the wanker, after BRN has officially launched its world domination of the semiconductor industry I'll show that cockhead my BRN portfolio and just remind him of what a f@$k knuckle dropkick he is and buy him a beer and have a quick discussion about what it could have been for him if he had at least one working neuron and one synapse.
(He lives in my state) And have seen him around a few times.
Just pretend you don't know who he is, buy him a beer and go on and on about this stock you bought and how much money you've made.
That'll do the trick.😂😂

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users
Just pretend you don't know who he is, buy him a beer and go on and on about this stock you bought and how much money you've made.
That'll do the trick.😂😂
Now that sounds like a much better idea. I will mention that even the dumbest person could see this was a massive opportunity to make a glorious life for oneself.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
Hi Fmf,

I looked at the MAX7800 which includes a hardware CNN accelerator. Interestingly it has ARM Cortex M4 and a 32-bit RISC-V processor, as well as the CNN accelerator. They talk about 1, 2, 4 and 8 bit weights in the NN accelerator, and having the flexibility to support other NNs, such as RNN as well as MLP, but they don't mention SNN.

A CNN accelerator will need MAC matrix silicon. They also refer to the CNN engine having a 442k weight memory

View attachment 24466

View attachment 24467

Re MAX5871,
SYNCNN is an output port from the MAX5871 (see pg 48, bottom left and zoom in:

View attachment 24468
MAX5871 is an RF ADC I can't see any relevance to SNNs.
https://au.mouser.com/new/maxim-integrated/maxim-max5871-dac/#Bullet-2
Maxim MAX5871 Interpolating & Modulating RF 16-bit DAC enables multi-standard and multi-band transmitters in wireless communications applications. The radio frequency digital-to-analog converter can directly synthesize up to 600MHz of instantaneous bandwidth from direct current to frequencies up to 2.8GHz. The 5.9Gsps device meets spectral mask requirements for communication standards such as Global System for Mobile (GSM), Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS), and Long-Term Evolution (LTE). Applications include cellular base-station transmitters, point-to-point microwave links, and wireless backhaul. MAX5871 also uses a differential current-steering architecture and can produce a 0dBm full-scale output signal level with a 50Ω load. The device consumes 2.5W at 4.9Gsps operating from 1.8V and 1.0V power supplies.

From the look of their "neural" patents, they are stuck in the CNN era.
https://worldwide.espacenet.com/patent/search?q=pa = "maxim integrated" AND nftxt = "neural"
Hey D

Appreciated and did notice the RF side but wasn't sure how worked in relation to SyncNN.

What did you make of the paper published about the SyncNN / FPGA / Xilinx etc?

Also, with the Max5871 what I was trying to ascertain was, if the reference to SyncNN within their diagrams was the connection / bridge (if correct terminology) between the RF side and say a Xilinx with SyncNN attached? Can or does it work like that?

You point out that the SyncNN is an output however when you look at the data interface page there is a SyncNN input:

1671151064688.png

Also, in the photo of the boards it the Max5871 is attached to the VC707 which appears to be Xilinx as per the startup instructions below.

1671151258563.png

1671151210780.png

So, would it be safe to conclude that Xilinx is using SyncNN and MAX may also go down that path (or are) given what we're seeing with the Xilinx FPGA uses they outline and that whilst the Max7800 doesn't specifically mention SNN they do mention their NN (SyncNN?) using the lower bit weights?

Could it be set up that way at all you think?

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
Hi Dozzaman,

I think this bit is another great selling point for Akida:

Compared to the previous generation, this function greatly improves the wiring efficiency of the vehicle and facilitates the cooperation of multiple displays. In addition, the company's proprietary SEERIS™ 2D graphics IP is integrated with cutting-edge functions, such as LED control and pixel

The introduction of Akida into complex systems such as ADAS could actually make the adoption of Akida a cost reduction. For example, an 8-wire bus could be reduced to 2 wires - sell your copper shares ... here comes Akida.

[Not financial advice!]
Yes out with the copper, in with the Akida!!!
Socionext seem to spent a great deal of time and effort incorporating Akida into their 4th generation chip of this series. So hopefully all the customers that have purchased the prior 3 generations will be excited by the improvements/ efficiency gains this 4th gen with Akida can deliver!!!!

• Fire
Reactions: 27 users
I remember Anil stating that we wouldn’t chase ISO certification ourselves due to it being quite an extensive process and that our partners would be doing it on our behalf anyway. Turns out he’s a straight shooter! Shocked I am shocked!

Anyway in already being ISO-certified it sounds like these Socionext in-cabin devices are pretty close to being integrated into production vehicles or at least have the ability to be “plugged in” for want of a better term. Between these, Valeo LiDAR and MB.OS Hey Mercedes you’ll be hard pressed finding a car WITHOUT Akida Inside in a few years time.

Edit: FF beat me to it!
I was waiting, but in the end excitement got the better off me.😇

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Sickdude

Fantastic news,
Added a little to my holdings,
Enjoy everyone

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

hotty4040

Regular
Fantastic news,
Added a little to my holdings,
Enjoy everyone

Talk about being on the ( EDGE ) I hope I don't fall off any time soon, No, not going to happen IMHO.

Akida Ballista >>>> master of the edge <<<<< >>>>> and some <<<<<

hotty...

Reactions: 11 users

VictorG

Did Rob Telson just say in actual written text to all registered shareholders that SOCIONEXT and PROPHESEE are demonstrating SOLUTIONS???

Is this not one of the great things Micklepickle was telling the world that Brainchip shareholders were expecting in 2023.

I hope he knows that what he referred to has already started.

Can someone make sure he knows.😂🤣🤡😂🤣🤡🤣😂🤡😂🤣

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I'm on to it, I'll send an email to Thickleprickle straight away.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Stockbob

Regular
Rob telson in his email today mentioned about 60Ghz and 24Ghz smart radar solutions from Socionext. Well, the 24Ghz radar seems to align with Brianchip’s target market, blurb from Socionext's site below.

Socionext’s single-chip, low power, highly integrated, 24GHz radio-wave sensor has been specifically designed for IoT products, smart home applications, mobile devices, and industrial equipment. The SC1233 combines high levels of integration into a single IC package and incorporates a full CMOS based semiconductor design to help reduce power consumption and manufacturing costs. The sensor comes with embedded FFT and signal processing which reduces design resource requirements and costs for manufacturers who lack the experience or expertise in using radio-wave sensors.

"SC1240 Series radio-wave ranging sensors that use the 60GHz band with a built-in signal processing circuit for detecting the position and movement of a person with maximum accuracy. Sample shipments are scheduled for Q2 2022, and mass production in Q1 2023 “

Socionext’s radio wave sensors have also won the “Electronic product of the year “ at the British Engineering excellence awards.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users
Top Bottom