BRN Discussion Ongoing

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Flash rant.... Cheers brn for letting us know. And obviously I don't mean by official asx announcement. 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Adam82

Nice one ! Now I wonder why they would be looking for someone with experience in neuromorphic experience??

Attachments

• 0618AEF8-73A6-45C5-BC7A-EA016691F187.jpeg
    0618AEF8-73A6-45C5-BC7A-EA016691F187.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Fire
Nice one ! Now I wonder why they would be looking for someone with experience in neuromorphic experience??
Just in case this slipped past you

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

Proga

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Well they do now I posted it to one of their tweets.🚀

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

cosors

👀
🤗
"Experience in neuromorphic computing (e.g., Intel Loihi or BrainChip Akida) or cybersecurity is a plus."

• Fire
  • Love
🤗
"Experience in neuromorphic computing (e.g., Intel Loihi or BrainChip Akida) or cybersecurity is a plus."
Well they definitely still think we got the goods.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20
When launching the new chip, CEO Elon Musk announced that Tesla is already working on the next generation of the chip, and they expect it to be three times better than the new chip and roughly two years from production.

US EV maker is now moving forward with its single-stack FSD Beta Version 11

View attachment 22653

Tesla processor patents:
20th century thinking in their CNN engines.

US11005649B2 Autonomous driving controller encrypted communications

1669125834320.png

[0044] A first parallel processor 402 A includes one or more general processors 404 A, one or more Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) engines 406 A, a Security Processor Subsystem (SCS) 408 A, and a Safety Processor Subsystem (SMS) 410 A. Likewise, a second parallel processor 402 B includes one or more general processors 404 B, one or more CNN engines 406 B, a SCS 408 B, and a SMS 410 B. Finally, an Nth parallel processor 402 N includes one or more general processors 404 N, one or more CNN engines 406 N, a SCS 408 N, and a SMS 410 N.

1669126172589.png

WO2020226732A1 SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR MATRIX MULTIPLICATION INSTRUCTION WITH FLOATING POINT OPERAND WITH A SPECIFIED BIAS

1669127841737.png

[0030] In some embodiments, deep learning network 205 is a deep learning network for implementing autonomous vehicle control. For example, deep learning network 205 may be an artificial neural network such as a convolutional neural network (CNN) that is trained using sensor data and its output is provided to vehicle control module 209. The machine learning model used by deep learning network 205 may be trained using the system of Figure 2.

[0031] In some embodiments, artificial intelligence (AI) processor 207 is a hardware processor for running deep learning network 205. In some embodiments, AI processor 207 is a specialized AI processor for performing inference using a convolutional neural network (CNN) on sensor data. AI processor 207 may be optimized for the bit depth of the sensor data and/or optimized for deep learning operations such as neural network operations including convolution, dot-product, vector, and/or matrix operations, among others. In some embodiments, AI processor 207 is implemented using a graphics processing unit (GPU). In various embodiments, AI processor 207 is coupled to memory that is configured to provide the AI processor with instructions which when executed cause the AI processor to perform deep learning analysis on the received input sensor data and to determine a machine learning result used to at least in part autonomously operate a vehicle.

1669126760554.png

[0046] ... each computational cell, such as computational cell 327, includes an arithmetic logic unit for performing arithmetic logic operations such as a multiply, a divide, an addition, or a subtraction operation. In some embodiments, multiple operations can be performed in the same clock cycle, such as a multiply and add operation needed for performing a partial dot-product. Each computational cell may include an adder, a multiplier, and/or one or more accumulators corresponding to one or more pairs of data and weight input arrays. In some embodiments, each computational cell, such as computational cell 327, includes a floating-point multiplier and one or more accumulators.

[0007] Figure 4 is a block diagram illustrating embodiments of an 8-bit floating-point format.

[0008] Figure 5 is a block diagram illustrating an embodiment of a 21 -bit floating-point format.

US2020175326A1 ENHANCED OBJECT DETECTION FOR AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES BASED ON FIELD VIEW

1669127356401.png

1669127425802.png

Systems and methods for enhanced object detection for autonomous vehicles based on field of view. An example method includes obtaining an image from an image sensor of one or more image sensors positioned about a vehicle. A field of view for the image is determined, with the field of view being associated with a vanishing line. A crop portion corresponding to the field of view is generated from the image, with a remaining portion of the image being downsampled. Information associated with detected objects depicted in the image is outputted based on a convolutional neural network, with detecting objects being based on performing a forward pass through the convolutional neural network of the crop portion and the remaining portion.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

dippY22

Regular
Robotics and drones,....and Brainchip,........(oh my)

Everyone on TSE realizes what a coup for Brainchip it is to now be associated with THE Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) in any form or manner. But do you realize what is going on in the Pittsburgh area where CMU is located? I didn't.

Pittsburgh might be thought of by many as a former great "rust belt" industrial area that has lost it's mojo and luster over the years having fallen on hard times with the demise of the steel industry. and heavy manufacturing. That would appear to be not the case. The following couple of articles paint a different picture. And Brainchip is right there, ....in the CMU engineering labs??? Think about that ! Then, after you read the articles think about it again.

The first article is discussing how another U.S. upper midwestern former rust belt industrial city could learn a thing or two about reinventing itself doing things such as Pittsburgh is doing. Good luck with that,.....as there is only one CMU which is a highly vibrant think tank and incubator of tech ideas.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Three Mile Island disaster helped launch Pittsburgh's robotics industry. What can Wisconsin learn from this?
by Kathleen Gallagher / Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

The drone sweeps down Pittsburgh’s Robotics Row, a three-mile stretch that is home to more than 20 robotics companies. A stretch that’s in the middle of more than 100 robotics companies across a 10-county region. It’s a 34 second video that encapsulates Pittsburgh’s rise from dying blue collar steel town to tech hub with a big focus on robotics. A rise worth studying.

Pittsburgh’s robotics cluster -- it’s now tops in the Great Lakes region, alongside Boston and Silicon Valley on the coasts -- was fueled by a host of unique local assets, led by Carnegie Mellon University. But there are two factors that surface over and over in this economic success story:

Commitment to a technology focus and the leadership smarts to pile onto it.

These things always seem so obvious in retrospect. But when Carnegie Mellon University professor Red Whittaker and his team in 1979 started on the novel task of building robots to clean up the Three Mile Island Nuclear Power Plant accident site, hardly anyone was thinking that way.
“I was looking for that iconic robotic development project that would put the technology on the map,” Whittaker told StateImpact Pennsylvania in 2019.

Tellingly, it wasn’t economic development theater that sparked Pittsburgh’s modern-day robotics cluster. No one sat in a conference room puzzling over how many robotics sector jobs could be created. In fact, there were probably few people, if any, outside of Carnegie Mellon thinking it was a potential center of excellence.

An explosion of employment opportunities.
Funny isn’t it. Today the region’s robotics cluster supports around 7,000 jobs and more than 45,000 technology workers at large - a 300% increase since 2011, according to the Pittsburgh Robotics Network.

This cluster has deep roots. Westinghouse Electric’s East Pittsburgh laboratories built the world’s first robot in 1927. Carnegie Mellon in 1979 opened its Robotics Institute (the biggest university-affiliated robot research group in the world) with a $3 million grant from Westinghouse and nine years later began offering the world’s first Ph.D. program in robotics.

The seeds for an authentic technology cluster were there. But the Midwest is littered with those. What made this one work?This is where the piling on comes in.

You had Red Whittaker, the father of field robotics who’s built more than 60 robots and inspired countless technologists and ideas.
You had Carnegie Mellon, which was dedicated not only to a regional recovery strategy, but to identifying and growing its best research and aggressively transferring innovative technologies to partnering corporations and startups. Groups rallied to support robotics cluster

So a grass roots reaction to the growing robotics cluster emerged; groups rallied to support and grow it. For example, volunteers started Pittsburgh Robotics Network in 2016 to coalesce the growing number of robotics startups. It formalized in 2020 under the leadership of Joel Reed, who’d been CEO of a local robotics company.

The network pulled in venture capitalists, banks and other companies to lend funding and other support. It did market research and created a cluster profile and landscape chart and organized programs like Discovery Day 2022 to showcase the city’s robotics ecosystem.
That helped attract what a report released earlier this year by Innovation Works and Ernst and Young says is more than $5.5 billion of venture capital investments into Pittsburgh’s robotics sector since 2019.

What’s going on in Pittsburgh is luring lots of big tech companies -- Facebook, Google, Uber, and Zoom, to name a few -- to put engineering offices there. It led Emrah Ercan, general manager at Ingersoll Rand, to post a shoutout on LinkedIn to Pittsburgh Robotics Network and Carnegie Mellon and its Robotics Institute’s National Robotics Engineering Center, whose employees work with big companies. “I am blown away by the ecosystem in Pittsburgh and am immensely excited about the partnership opportunities,” Ercan said.

The Pittsburgh region in September was chosen as one of 21 locations in the US to receive a Build Back Better grant from the federal government. The nearly $63 million grant will be used to expand the robotics cluster throughout Southwestern Pennsylvania by helping small businesses and entrepreneurs adopt and commercialize these technologies and upskilling workers. More piling on.

You don’t invent these things on the fly. John Morgridge, the Wisconsin native who oversaw Cisco Systems’ dramatic growth in the late 1980s and early 1990s once told me there’s only one way to grow a strong research focus at a large university. You start by making some big hires in a specific area, then provide enough support that hopefully a decade later you’ll have something.

The infinitely frustrating aspect of so many dead-end economic development efforts in the Midwest is that there is no follow-through on the good ideas. Proposals by brilliant researchers get bogged down in committees and innovative state and local government programs get hobbled by political bickering. The result is a culture of protected mediocrity that won’t allow excellence in one area because someone else might feel left behind.

It wasn’t always this way. Across the Midwest, industries like automobiles, dairy, electricity, and paper grew the same way as Pittsburgh’s robotics cluster. You start with an authentic technology area, then get the right people on board. The reason Wisconsin was so wildly unsuccessful with Foxconn is that it was a real estate investment project, not a technology play. No one intended to build a center of excellence on the back of research being done in the state.

“I would task every region’s economic development organization to see where they have those centers of excellence, then build around them,” says Jennifer Apicella, director of strategic partnerships and programs at Pittsburgh Robotics Network. “Ask if we need to spin up a special organization to support those key centers of excellence and grow them into the future.”

It’s scary to have to choose a technology to go all in on. Those you leave out might feel bad. But if you don’t play to win, you never win.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

( And another article on the same related subject matter )

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Finally, and on a totally different note, yesterday I spent a couple hours looking at our new marketing guy - NN - on Linkedin and many of the folks who wished him congratulations and well wishes for success. I came away very impressed and excited for our future. We are definately on our way to being a sales driven organization powered in part by who knows who. I also believe that it's not what you know but who you know, that helps lead to sucess....as someone posted awhile back.

I am jacked up, totally pumped, and super excited for our future, more so than ever.

Regards, dippY

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

cosors

👀
🤗
If I look at that ☝️ carefully it says neuromorphic computing or cybersecurity so it's as if it is the same meaning for them. I would have expected an and. I find that interesting. A steep market that is growing and growing. But I'm probably overinterpreting. Never mind, in my mind almost everything is allowed 🙂
___
One of the two. We'll teach you the other.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Go Socceroos!!!

Oh and go Akida too!

Reactions: 5 users
Wait what? Is Australia playing now?

alwaysgreen

Top 20
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
Happy games built on corpses. And believe me, I have read a lot about the Roman Empire. Games built on corpses for your entertainment. To each his own.
And the thousands of families wonder, what about Dad, why did he never come home? He gave his life for your entertainment.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Happy games built on corpses. And believe me, I have read a lot about the Roman Empire. Games built on corpses for your entertainment. To each his own.
And the thousands of families wonder, what about Dad, why did he never come home? He gave his life for your entertainment.
Cat What GIF by truth

NOoooooo

• Sad
Omfg

Top Bottom