BRN Discussion Ongoing

Screenshot_20221122-103402.png

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/iel7/6287639/9668973/09785622.pdf pg12

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
"IEEE Spectrum: Why don’t we have AR glasses for consumers yet?

Nayampally: It’s an application that has very high performance requirements but with a lot of constraints, so many key technology pieces had to be right. For example, it requires very high levels of specialized computation that fit within certain envelopes of power and size."

Sounds like a perfect fit for akida.
Hopefully just a matter of time.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
My guess is that Nandan Nayampally may already be familiar with Akida's capabilities through NASA's Artemis I mission. I think he's the perfect choice to help BrainChip introduce a cloud-free Alexa to Earth! Great to have you onboard Nandan! 🥳

Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 11.01.35 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 11.03.49 am.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

LordByron

Good luck but please can you do one thing when you are a global giant striding the halls of power can you please not have the following in adds for positions where the applicants need to have extensive experience and PhDs to even consider applying:

“Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. If you have interested, please contact Prof. Wang with your CV and the names of three references”

It is so much Monty Python I can see John Cleese dressed as a women sitting at the kitchen table reading the paper saying “Now here’s a job where I can make a career for myself I am a women.”

Such disclaimers in adds for individuals who are clearly going to be highly intelligent, extremely well qualified and experienced just diminishes everyone.

Anyway as I say good luck.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hahaha don't you know that the extensive experience and paper the PhD is written on differs between men and women? ;) As always your attention to detail and thought provoking views are on point!

Thank you for the kind words.

Stay humorous.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

krugerrands

Regular
This could be of interest to some.

Inquiry into ASIC's capacity and capability to respond to reports of alleged misconduct​

On 27 October 2022, the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Corporations and Financial Services began an inquiry into ASIC’s capacity and capability to respond to reports of alleged misconduct.

The committee will call for written submissions in due course.

The committee currently intends to table a report in both Houses of the Parliament by June 2024.

Committee Secretariat contact:​

Committee Secretary
Parliamentary Joint Committee on Corporations and Financial Services
PO Box 6100
Parliament House
Canberra ACT 2600

Phone: +61 2 6277 3583
Fax: +61 2 6277 5719
corporations.joint@aph.gov.au

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hmmmm, is this AKIDA? or is there another neuromorphic chip out there......
This is not Akida.

The WangLab white paper refers to CNN:

https://wanglab.uchicago.edu/
Oct. 2022 – Our stretchable neuromorphic device paper has been selected by Matter as the cover article for the October issue.

https://cpb-us-w2.wpmucdn.com/voice...86/files/2022/08/68-Matter-Dai-Dai-2022-1.pdf

The further integration of this device into a neuromorphic array has demonstrated the ideal implementation of the basic computation in ANN algorithms—vector-matrix multiplication (VMM)—under stretching to 100% strain. We also implemented different types of neural-network simulations on a large-scale array built from our stretchable neuromorphic devices, from which the training-based classifications of a representative type of health data—electrocardiogram ECG)—were realized. With the training and inference processes carried out on the neuromorphic device operating under different strain levels from 0% to 100%, we show that the computation outcome based on 1-layer convolutional neural network (CNN) is not influenced by stretching. As a whole, these results from the device level to the algorithm-implementation level demonstrate the promise and the possible pathway for realizing skin-like, on-body AI computation.

p. 9: (B) A 1-layer convolution neural network with 187 input neurons, filter = 32, kernel = 5, and 5 output neurons

p. 13: The CNN model for the ECG signal-classification task includes a convolution layer with 32 filters and kernel size 5

p. 16 (footnote): 14. Mou, X., Tang, J., Lyu, Y., Zhang, Q., Yang, S., Xu, F., Liu, W., Xu, M., Zhou, Y., Sun, W., et al. (2021). Analog memristive synapse based on topotactic phase transition for highperformance neuromorphic computing and neural network pruning. Sci. Adv. 7, eabh0648. https://doi.org/10.1126/sciadv.abh0648.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Bravo

"Alexa runs on this thing without an internet connection, thanks to a yet undisclosed technology."

He-he-he!!!!!!!

❤️🧠🍟

B x

Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 11.43.22 am.png

Orion Spaceship Powers Up Callisto, Amazon Alexa Is Now in Space​

Home > News > Space Junk
18 Nov 2022, 08:59 UTC• By:
Daniel Patrascu
author pic

Now that the biggest hurdle in the start of the Artemis Moon exploration program, the launch, is out of the way, NASA and partner engineers can start focusing on the technologies sent up with Artemis I for testing purposes. Among them, something called Callisto.
Callisto comms hardware now active on Orion 7 photos
Callisto comms hardware on Orion spaceship Callisto comms hardware on Orion spaceship Callisto comms hardware on Orion spaceship Callisto comms hardware on Orion spaceship Callisto comms hardware on Orion spaceship Callisto comms hardware on Orion spaceship

The technology was cooked up in the laboratories of Lockheed Martin. It’s a custom-built tablet-sized device equipped with speakers, microphones and a camera meant to keep future astronauts in the loop with what’s going on with the spacecraft, and allow them to talk back home. Oh, and it runs Amazon’s Alexa virtual audio assistant and Cisco’s Webex communications tool.

Callisto is supposed to give astronauts all the info they need in a single place, displaying stuff like external and cabin temperature, amount of propellant left, the distance to the Moon and the Earth, the speed of the spacecraft, and elapsed mission time.

Alexa runs on this thing without an internet connection, thanks to a yet undisclosed technology, while Webex works thanks to NASA's Deep Space Network (DSN).

A few hours ago, NASA said it managed to activate the Callisto hardware, and it will move to test the voice-activated and video technology in the coming hours and days.

Separately, the last update on Orion’s trip revealed that the spaceship performed a second outbound trajectory burn, and additional images with the optical navigation camera were captured. At the time of writing, Orion is over 170,000 miles (274,000 km) from Earth, and it moves towards the Moon at speeds of a little over 2,000 mph (3,220 kph).

The mission is expected to last a little over 25 days in all, taking the Orion to a maximum distance of 280,000 miles (over 450,000 km) from Earth, 40,000 miles (64,000) km beyond the Moon, and further than any Moon missions so far.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 80 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Thanks @Rise from the ashes

I find the following extract very compelling after the recent Edge Impulse presentation describing AKIDA as science fiction and comparing it to a GPU running at 900 megahertz. Just consider the possibilities and doors he could open:

“IEEE Spectrum: What are the remaining technical challenges?

Nayampally: There is a great deal of computation that needs to be done in a very small footprint at a low power to deliver a compelling visual, audio, and haptic experience while maintaining a form factor for the glass that is fashionable, light, and practical—so you don’t have to charge [the device] every two hours. There still are big challenges on power, energy consumption, thermal, and form factors [as well as a] continuing need for improved display and battery technology.

IEEE Spectrum: How will we get there?

Nayampally: With VR headsets today, you see the possibility of making augmented reality compelling. However, a large part of what has been happening with VR has been on general purpose, high-performance processing, using a lot of software to run the algorithms. This is not optimal for a smaller form factor. The key algorithms—like vision, gesture recognition, and hand tracking—are going to have to go into hardware—programmable, but hardware-accelerated implementations The computation platforms also need to be designed with use cases and workloads in mind, the software applications and development environments need to be further optimized. And all these things are beginning to happen.

IEEE Spectrum: Who will be first to get AR glasses out there?

Nayampally: There already are a number of products in the market that are taking big strides toward untethered head-mounted displays—companies like Microsoft, Magic Leap, and Nreal, just to name a few. I’m not going to make a guess on who delivers a compelling “fashionable,” “all-day-wear” smartglass which supports advanced mixed reality features. But you will see more announcements in the near future like the one you saw from Facebook in September. Within the next year or so, you will also see products that support hand-tracking, which is important for more general use because, while serious gamers love their specialized controllers, those end up being too cumbersome for the average user. Amazon also recently announced Echo Frames with Alexa—that’s AR audio, but still AR.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I feel smackgobbed -

"a great deal of computation that needs to be done in a very small footprint at a low power to deliver a compelling visual, audio, and haptic experience "

"With VR headsets today, you see the possibility of making augmented reality compelling. However, a large part of what has been happening with VR has been on general purpose, high-performance processing using a lot of software to run the algorithms. This is not optimal for a smaller form factor. The key algorithms—like vision, gesture recognition, and hand tracking—are going to have to go into hardware—programmable, but hardware-accelerated implementations The computation platforms also need to be designed with use cases and workloads in mind, the software applications and development environments need to be further optimized. And all these things are beginning to happen.

IEEE Spectrum: Who will be first to get AR glasses out there?

Nayampally: There already are a number of products in the market that are taking big strides toward untethered head-mounted displays—companies like Microsoft, Magic Leap, and Nreal, just to name a few. I’m not going to make a guess on who delivers a compelling “fashionable,” “all-day-wear” smartglass which supports advanced mixed reality features. But you will see more announcements in the near future like the one you saw from Facebook in September. Within the next year or so, you will also see products that support hand-tracking, which is important for more general use because, while serious gamers love their specialized controllers, those end up being too cumbersome for the average user. Amazon also recently announced Echo Frames with Alexa—that’s AR audio, but still AR.”

Well why didn't Nandan join Magic Leap or Nreal?

PS: Late extra:

The above is from October 2019.

Coming Soon: Augmented Reality Glasses for the Masses

Seven years ago, Google tried and failed to find a market for its AR glasses. But the technology has evolved, says ARM’s Nandan Nayampally

TEKLA S. PERRY
21 OCT 2019

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 47 users

Bravo

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

Adam

Regular
I’ve had a few from the Brainchip team view my profile on LinkedIn and not really thought much about it, but it’s nice to know others are viewing my profile for some reason. More fool them

View attachment 22579

Yup. Had some Intel AI person check mine out as well, albeit I work in IT, not..AI.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
"Alexa runs on this thing without an internet connection, thanks to a yet undisclosed technology."

He-he-he!!!!!!!

❤️🧠🍟

B x

View attachment 22615

Orion Spaceship Powers Up Callisto, Amazon Alexa Is Now in Space​

Home > News > Space Junk
18 Nov 2022, 08:59 UTC• By:
Daniel Patrascu
author pic

Now that the biggest hurdle in the start of the Artemis Moon exploration program, the launch, is out of the way, NASA and partner engineers can start focusing on the technologies sent up with Artemis I for testing purposes. Among them, something called Callisto.
Callisto comms hardware now active on Orion 7 photos
Callisto comms hardware on Orion spaceship Callisto comms hardware on Orion spaceship Callisto comms hardware on Orion spaceship Callisto comms hardware on Orion spaceship Callisto comms hardware on Orion spaceship Callisto comms hardware on Orion spaceship

The technology was cooked up in the laboratories of Lockheed Martin. It’s a custom-built tablet-sized device equipped with speakers, microphones and a camera meant to keep future astronauts in the loop with what’s going on with the spacecraft, and allow them to talk back home. Oh, and it runs Amazon’s Alexa virtual audio assistant and Cisco’s Webex communications tool.

Callisto is supposed to give astronauts all the info they need in a single place, displaying stuff like external and cabin temperature, amount of propellant left, the distance to the Moon and the Earth, the speed of the spacecraft, and elapsed mission time.

Alexa runs on this thing without an internet connection, thanks to a yet undisclosed technology, while Webex works thanks to NASA's Deep Space Network (DSN).

A few hours ago, NASA said it managed to activate the Callisto hardware, and it will move to test the voice-activated and video technology in the coming hours and days.

Separately, the last update on Orion’s trip revealed that the spaceship performed a second outbound trajectory burn, and additional images with the optical navigation camera were captured. At the time of writing, Orion is over 170,000 miles (274,000 km) from Earth, and it moves towards the Moon at speeds of a little over 2,000 mph (3,220 kph).

The mission is expected to last a little over 25 days in all, taking the Orion to a maximum distance of 280,000 miles (over 450,000 km) from Earth, 40,000 miles (64,000) km beyond the Moon, and further than any Moon missions so far.

1669080040447.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it comes to mind.

To buy a new toaster the old one needs to stop working or never have worked properly in the first place.

If Alexa was going gang busters meeting every market expectation then there is little likelihood AMAZON would think about adopting a radical new solution.

If you consider that Sony and Prophesee took more than three years to bring their sensor to market a reimagined Alexa is going to take longer but at least three years.

The dots I presented would suggest sometime in 2021 an introduction may have occurred at NASA.

Three years takes you out to 2024 at the earliest if my wild speculation has any legs.

The one thing I do not speculate on and is a solid technology fact the Siri, Alexa, Hey Mercedes World is definitely coming and is a market big enough for more than one player particularly one that can offer an experience only dreamed about in science fiction.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
A little bit of insight into the workings of my mind which hopefully won’t affect you view of me too adversely.😎

If you remember I found a paper from 2019 where Siemens medical had been able to detect bad breath from breath.

Image an ALEXA type device that added VOC detection.

ALEXA I have finally scored a first date with that girl I was telling you about. Can you check if I have bad breath?

ALEXA Do you want the good news or the bad news first.

What’s the good news?

ALEXA Your breath is as fresh as a daisy.

Well what’s the bad news?

ALEXA Well I’m not an oncologist but I would not make a second date.

😁😂🤣🤡😂🤣

Consider the possibilities of what AKIDA SCIENCE FICTION will make possible.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users
“Alexa runs on this thing without an internet connection, thanks to a yet undisclosed technology, while Webex works thanks to NASA's Deep Space Network”

Gee wonder who could be supplying undisclosed technology of this type?

Can’t be Intel because their involvement with every other mission has been fully disclosed.

Now there was a company whose Vice President of Sales said last year something about working with NASA for vision and other things they were not allowed to talk about.

If only I could remember who that was????🤡😂🤣🤡

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 46 users

Slade

Top 20
No

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

Bravo

A little bit of insight into the workings of my mind which hopefully won’t affect you view of me too adversely.😎

If you remember I found a paper from 2019 where Siemens medical had been able to detect bad breath from breath.

Image an ALEXA type device that added VOC detection.

ALEXA I have finally scored a first date with that girl I was telling you about. Can you check if I have bad breath?

ALEXA Do you want the good news or the bad news first.

What’s the good news?

ALEXA Your breath is as fresh as a daisy.

Well what’s the bad news?

ALEXA Well I’m not an oncologist but I would not make a second date.

😁😂🤣🤡😂🤣

Consider the possibilities of what AKIDA SCIENCE FICTION will make possible.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Knock Knock
Who's there
Hal
Hal who?
Halwhotosis. Please brush your teeth! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Mugen74

Regular
“Alexa runs on this thing without an internet connection, thanks to a yet undisclosed technology, while Webex works thanks to NASA's Deep Space Network”

Gee wonder who could be supplying undisclosed technology of this type?

Can’t be Intel because their involvement with every other mission has been fully disclosed.

Now there was a company whose Vice President of Sales said last year something about working with NASA for vision and other things they were not allowed to talk about.

If only I could remember who that was????🤡😂🤣🤡

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Its the aliens of course.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Not wishing to type cast myself as the ultimate technophobe this paper all about working with AKIDA confuses me when it says:

“Counting No. of Parameters in Deep Learning Models by Hand by Raimi Karim llustrated Guide to LSTM's and GRU's: A step by step explanation by Michael Phi.

No matter what stage you are in we recommend you to spend just 10 minutes to read the source code of TensorLayer and the Understand layer / Your layer in.

Why do we need to care of calculating number of parameters in LSTM layer since Counting No. of Parameters in Deep Learning Models by Hand by Raimi Karim.”

@Diogenese please can you emerge from your barrel and explain my obvious conundrum and answer the “Why is it so?” Question????

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 3 users

Slade

Top 20
All I can think of at the moment is that revenue must be coming soon. The monthly salaries continue to grow and it seems like there is no slow down in hiring. Are we hiring in a hope to close deals, make new deals, or to service existing clients? All I guess, but I would love to know some further details. I will be firing off an email to ask that management provide a market update on recruiting and other items.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users
Top Bottom