BRN Discussion Ongoing

ceviche

Emerged
.. so only post half as many times then, with half as many sad old theories and don't come back at all if the sp jumps to $1, because you will need a real therapist, I mean we can only help so far..

almost funny.

A question for those who have been in the market for a while.
How much revenue do you need to justify a market cap of $1b?
One answer, "hmmm, around $333m"

The answer for unicorns. Nothing

There is something wrong there.

At what point do you decide that a unicorn isn't worthwhile, or better what do you do with a unicorn that was looking like getting revenue but the revenue day keeps staying "over the horizon".
My answer. REDUCE.
Which i did by 40% in August at an average of around $1, then a bit more soon after.
I see some double down. GLWT.
Consider: i am still holding. BRN does have two huge advantages, high efficiency in SNN, and head start in SNN. That isn't every app.

Since Aug, did prospects of other stocks decline relative to BRN? What has BRN announced that increases its revenue stream?
Oh it got 'cheaper', compared to still not having any revenue, and for longer.
Good luck with that as a basis for investing.
I am sticking with balancing risk over a whole portfolio.
BTW.
Not saying for example, par or wbt is better long term, but i haven't reduced those. The difference is that in each case they are making progress against a schedule.

IMO> BRN need to announce something significant by soon after 1qtr 2023 at the latest.

DYOR

Reactions: 7 users
Hi FF

thanks for the quick reply. Firstly covering the bottom of your email reply, I haven’t provided any posts for a while so you may have me mistaken for someone else. All good

Let’s just say, the conversation I have recently heard linked to WSU doing testing on AI on a few different things appears to confirm them involved with BRN. Sorry I can’t say any more for now. Let’s just say my ears pricked up when I heard a few things being said and apparently it was ok to discuss after confirmation so the person said
Sorry I laughed at yesterdays comment but thinking it was the same poster.

Anyway here is the additional unclear part of my memory which may assist.

Unclear - US Airforce
Unclear - The original discovery of the webpage was in the context of the 1,000 Eyes looking for Loyal Wingman Connections.

On the second part of your question about 90% it is not the right way to ask this question.

AKIDA achieves 100% sometimes immediately sometimes with additional training.

What you need to keep in mind is that it incrementally learns from what it is doing and improves.

The operator can also intervene and add extra shots and confirm the label each time to increase accuracy.

Take the original numbers that AKIDA produced for NaNose from the data provided from the Zayed Military Hospital it identified Covid 19 at around 87%.

The data from Wuhan it improved to around 94% and the last figures I heard it had improved to 96 to 98% accuracy.

So accuracy numbers will not be a static thing regarding AKIDA technology performance.

Also the nature and quality of the sensor acquiring the data that is being supplied to AKIDA comes into play.

If you have not listened to the Brainchip Podcast 21 with Luca Verre CEO at Prophesee it is useful on this issue as well.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
almost funny.

At what point do you decide that a unicorn isn't worthwhile, or better what do you do with a unicorn that was looking like getting revenue but the revenue day keeps staying "over the horizon".
My answer. REDUCE.
Which i did by 40% in August at an average of around $1, then a bit more soon after.
Consider: i am still holding. BRN does have two huge advantages, high efficiency in SNN, and head start in SNN. That isn't every app.

Since Aug, did prospects of other stocks decline relative to BRN? What has BRN announced that increases its revenue stream?
BTW.
Not saying for example, par or wbt is better long term, but i haven't reduced those. The difference is that in each case they are making progress against a schedule.

IMO> BRN need to announce something significant by soon after 1qtr 2023 at the latest.

DYOR

1-3 times p/e? Where did you get that figure from?

"According to Commsec, the long-term trend for the P/E ratio of the ASX 200 is around 15x. So generally speaking, an ASX 200 stock that trades below the 15x multiple could be considered cheap over the long run" - https://stockhead.com.au/experts/pr...r-shouldnt-use-it-to-find-undervalued-stocks/

And for growth stocks, the number can be 25-30x

So, what is a good PE ratio for a stock? A “good” P/E ratio isn’t necessarily a high ratio or a low ratio on its own.

The market average P/E ratio currently ranges from 20-25, so a higher PE above that could be considered bad, while a lower PE ratio could be considered better - https://www.investmentzen.com/blog/what-is-a-good-pe-ratio-for-a-stock

The P/E ratio is calculated by dividing the stock's current price by its latest earnings per share. A high P/E ratio suggests that investors see it as a growth stock. It may also mean that the stock is overvalued. The average P/E of S&P 500 Index stocks is 25. - https://www.investopedia.com/investing/use-pe-ratio-and-peg-to-tell-stocks-future/#:~:text=The P/E ratio is,500 Index stocks is 25.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

The Pope

Regular
Sorry I laughed at yesterdays comment but thinking it was the same poster.

Anyway here is the additional unclear part of my memory which may assist.

Unclear - US Airforce
Unclear - The original discovery of the webpage was in the context of the 1,000 Eyes looking for Loyal Wingman Connections.

On the second part of your question about 90% it is not the right way to ask this question.

AKIDA achieves 100% sometimes immediately sometimes with additional training.

What you need to keep in mind is that it incrementally learns from what it is doing and improves.

The operator can also intervene and add extra shots and confirm the label each time to increase accuracy.

Take the original numbers that AKIDA produced for NaNose from the data provided from the Zayed Military Hospital it identified Covid 19 at around 87%.

The data from Wuhan it improved to around 94% and the last figures I heard it had improved to 96 to 98% accuracy.

So accuracy numbers will not be a static thing regarding AKIDA technology performance.

Also the nature and quality of the sensor acquiring the data that is being supplied to AKIDA comes into play.

If you have not listened to the Brainchip Podcast 21 with Luca Verre CEO at Prophesee it is useful on this issue as well.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thanks FF. This also clears up the accuracy comment i initially asked

Reactions: 2 users

robsmark

Regular
The way I see it is that the more negative press BRN receives during this present phase then the bigger the SP will pop when an announcement is released - the FOMO from blindsided investors will be huge.....
…An awhatment? You must be thinking of another company mate... We are basically the freemasons of the ASX.

Saudi Arabia Laughing GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
almost funny.

My answer. REDUCE.

BTW.

DYOR
Everyone is entitled to an opinion and when that opinion is expressed they are entitled to have pointed out to them that which is not correct.

"Not saying for example, par or wbt is better long term, but i haven't reduced those. The difference is that in each case they are making progress against a schedule."

The clear implication of this statement by you is that Brainchip are not making progress against a schedule. This is untrue.

The CEO Sean Hehir issued a schedule through to the May, 2023 AGM and invited shareholders to judge him against that schedule at that time.

The ingredients of this schedule were set out by him and included warnings that income would be lumpy. There were many facets to that schedule but those which stick out to me as I type this response are as follows.

That it was too early for the company to issue guidance regarding future earnings but that it was expected by him that the growth in income would start to exceed the growth in expenses during first half 2023 and that as a result the Board had agreed with him that it would then revisit the question of giving earnings guidance.

The CEO Sean Hehir also stated they would look to adding another quality appointment to the Board which has recently occurred.

That they were close to completing their program for how the company would function with great importance given to the building of ecosystems and as we know the appointment of a new Vice President of Sales allowed the appointment of Rob Telson to the role of Vice President of Ecosystems and Partnerships to keep faith with this commitment.

Further the CEO Sean Hehir stated they were aiming to have staff numbers at about 100 by end of 2022 and this should be about the number needed into the medium to longer term. As we know the recruiting process of additional sales and engineering staff is ongoing in accordance with this plan.

We know that at the AGM it was advised by the CEO Sean Hehir that the Perth Research Centre would be considered the company's North Star and that Peter van der Made had free reign to focus on research and developing new technology and leave it to Sales and Marketing how to monetize this so that Brainchip led by Peter van der Made can continue to expand on its current technology lead.

We know also that Brainchip had a target to accelerate the filing of its patent protection and that this has as the CEO Sean Hehir stated been progressing at pace with 27 applications filed since the AGM.

As part of this process accelerating the release of the AKIDA 2.0 by years end with the probability of producing reference chips based on this IP early part of 2023.

The CEO Sean Hehir also confirmed at the AGM that shareholders could expect to see two patents granted over the coming months and once again this in fact occurred and was announced.

We know that partnerships have been achieved and advised to shareholders with one of great significance being Prophesee.

We also know that Brainchip has been working successfully with Edge Impulse to implement the Meta TF into its development platform as part of the plan laid out by the CEO Sean Hehir and that as of very recently Edge Impulse and Brainchip have been jointly aggressively presenting AKIDA technology to the market and Edge Impulses network of over 55,000 engineers. We also know that there has been a significant increase in direct down loads of Meta TF and AKIDA models on PyPi.

So while you have for your own reasons styled Brainchip as not making progress against a schedule you are either misinformed or being deliberately untruthful to prove a point because you are upset with another poster or for other unknown reasons.

I also note that you feel entitled to dictate to the Brainchip when it needs to achieve certain landmarks and that your timetable does not accord with the one set out by the CEO Sean Hehir. I am not sure what to make of this but as you like myself are a completely anonymous poster on social media who has no known credentials to make such assertions and impose such timetables I will go with the Brainchip timetable as presented to shareholders at the 2022 AGM.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 96 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
almost funny.

My answer. REDUCE.

BTW.

john-c-reilly-yes.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Iseki

Regular
almost funny.

My answer. REDUCE.

BTW.

DYOR
You tots confused. You better off with 100% franking and leaving future profit windfalls to others.
You just peed off others can buy shares on the cheap too. You not putting that in your equation, are you?

Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Everyone is entitled to an opinion and when that opinion is expressed they are entitled to have pointed out to them that which is not correct.

"Not saying for example, par or wbt is better long term, but i haven't reduced those. The difference is that in each case they are making progress against a schedule."

The clear implication of this statement by you is that Brainchip are not making progress against a schedule. This is untrue.

The CEO Sean Hehir issued a schedule through to the May, 2023 AGM and invited shareholders to judge him against that schedule at that time.

The ingredients of this schedule were set out by him and included warnings that income would be lumpy. There were many facets to that schedule but those which stick out to me as I type this response are as follows.

That it was too early for the company to issue guidance regarding future earnings but that it was expected by him that the growth in income would start to exceed the growth in expenses during first half 2023 and that as a result the Board had agreed with him that it would then revisit the question of giving earnings guidance.

The CEO Sean Hehir also stated they would look to adding another quality appointment to the Board which has recently occurred.

That they were close to completing their program for how the company would function with great importance given to the building of ecosystems and as we know the appointment of a new Vice President of Sales allowed the appointment of Rob Telson to the role of Vice President of Ecosystems and Partnerships to keep faith with this commitment.

Further the CEO Sean Hehir stated they were aiming to have staff numbers at about 100 by end of 2022 and this should be about the number needed into the medium to longer term. As we know the recruiting process of additional sales and engineering staff is ongoing in accordance with this plan.

We know that at the AGM it was advised by the CEO Sean Hehir that the Perth Research Centre would be considered the company's North Star and that Peter van der Made had free reign to focus on research and developing new technology and leave it to Sales and Marketing how to monetize this so that Brainchip led by Peter van der Made can continue to expand on its current technology lead.

We know also that Brainchip had a target to accelerate the filing of its patent protection and that this has as the CEO Sean Hehir stated been progressing at pace with 27 applications filed since the AGM.

As part of this process accelerating the release of the AKIDA 2.0 by years end with the probability of producing reference chips based on this IP early part of 2023.

The CEO Sean Hehir also confirmed at the AGM that shareholders could expect to see two patents granted over the coming months and once again this in fact occurred and was announced.

We know that partnerships have been achieved and advised to shareholders with one of great significance being Prophesee.

We also know that Brainchip has been working successfully with Edge Impulse to implement the Meta TF into its development platform as part of the plan laid out by the CEO Sean Hehir and that as of very recently Edge Impulse and Brainchip have been jointly aggressively presenting AKIDA technology to the market and Edge Impulses network of over 55,000 engineers. We also know that there has been a significant increase in direct down loads of Meta TF and AKIDA models on PyPi.

So while you have for your own reasons styled Brainchip as not making progress against a schedule you are either misinformed or being deliberately untruthful to prove a point because you are upset with another poster or for other unknown reasons.

I also note that you feel entitled to dictate to the Brainchip when it needs to achieve certain landmarks and that your timetable does not accord with the one set out by the CEO Sean Hehir. I am not sure what to make of this but as you like myself are a completely anonymous poster on social media who has no known credentials to make such assertions and impose such timetables I will go with the Brainchip timetable as presented to shareholders at the 2022 AGM.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi ceviche,

As you say, retired people are often more risk-adverse and often take a conservative position, and hopefully you are now free carrying your BRN shares.

I sold down my holding in BRN by more than half over the last two months.
My reason, moving to cash in already long term retirement in a troubled world with inflation, war. I have lived through troubled times before. Those still in the workforce may have a different view, rightly so.
I have become less enthused in the fluff without much stuff as i put it to Tony Dawe.
I still believe in the prospects for BRN in automotive as i see that as the big $ earner, but i see the upturn in price as now fully dependent on steadily increasing revenue. It looks to me that the market for innovation in automative is more dominated by getting supply of existing technology for most manufacturers.
When it comes to share price to revenue the usual range is 1 to 3x. BRN is way ahead of that right now, it is still a unicorn.
BRN need to start reporting recurring revenue by early 2023

However, to refer to fluff in relation to BrainChip announcements does not accord with the facts ... it glosses over the fact that there is a significant lag between the issue (and payment for) a licence, and the generation of royalty payments, and denigrates the enthusiasm of innovation leading companies such as Prophesee, nViso, SiFive, Edge Impulse, or the endorsement of Mercedes, Socionext, CMU, DUTH, or our strong affinity with Valeo's LiDaR, etc., ...

But yes, income is lumpy, and may be delayed by economically induced belt-tightening, the invasion, China's threats and bullying, even the problems of "traditional" companies coming to grips with the astonishing capabilities of Akida, ...

The odd thing is that you set a deadline for BRN to start reporting regular income, but have sold down in advance of that deadline.

As to automotive seeking to shore up the delivery of existing technology, is that what Mercedes is doing, or Ford, or Volvo, or Stellantis, or ... ?

ADAS/AD is coming.

If you are feeling in need of reassurance, my post
above lists a dozen known companies with whom BRN is cooperating.

almost funny.

My answer. REDUCE.

BTW.

DYOR

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 45 users

Aretemis

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Foxdog

Regular
…An awhatment? You must be thinking of another company mate... We are basically the freemasons of the ASX.

Saudi Arabia Laughing GIF by Saturday Night Live
😂 The spring is coiled....and coiled.....and coiled - hopefully it doesn't lose all it's potential energy 🤔🤞

Reactions: 5 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Love your work FF. 🤣
If ever I need a turkey or a goose dismembered for Xmas, you're my man.
Surgical precision. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 32 users

JK200SX

Regular
almost funny.

My answer. REDUCE.

BTW.

DYOR
"A question for those who have been in the market for a while.
One answer, "hmmm, around $333m""

$25,000,000

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
"A question for those who have been in the market for a while.
One answer, "hmmm, around $333m""

$25,000,000

$100K

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

TopCat

Regular

With the latest discussion regarding Megachips, this could be important. From a few weeks ago and may have missed someone else posting but worth a read again anyway​

Morse Micro Raises $140M (AUD) in Series B Funding to Accelerate IoT Connectivity and Revolutionize our Digital Future​

Strategic Partnership with MegaChips Accompanies the Investment and Will Usher in a New Era for Wi-Fi HaLow Technology
SYDNEY – Sept. 7th, 2022 – Morse Micro, a fabless semiconductor company reinventing Wi-Fi for the Internet of Things (IoT), today announced $140M (AUD) in Series B funding. The round was led by MegaChips Corporation, a leading ASIC and SoC services company based in Japan, with participation from existing investors including Blackbird Ventures, Main Sequence Ventures, Clean Energy Finance Corporation, Skip Capital, Uniseed, SpringCapital, Malcolm and Lucy Turnbull and others.
Morse Micro intends to use the capital raised to revolutionize our digital future by achieving unprecedented scale and demand for its Wi-Fi HaLow technology. It will focus on deepening its offerings, including the design of new solutions, while accelerating the go-to-market strategy for its existing Wi-Fi HaLow chips and modules.
A strategic business partnership with MegaChips accompanies the investment and will usher in a new era for Wi-Fi HaLow across East Asia. In addition to manufacturing Morse Micro’s IEEE 802.11ah compliant semiconductors and modules, MegaChips will provide quality assurance, sales support and new distribution channels that will deliver scale across the region. The two companies will also engage in joint sales and promotion activities to grow the market for Wi-Fi HaLow solutions.
“With MegaChips’ financial backing and robust manufacturing and sales support, Morse Micro will be poised to achieve our goal of revolutionizing IoT connectivity with our growing portfolio of Wi-Fi HaLow SoCs, modules, software and development tools,” said Michael De Nil, co-founder and chief executive officer at Morse Micro. “With growing market traction for Wi-Fi HaLow-compliant solutions in the IoT ecosystem, we’re at an exciting inflection point. MegaChips shares our vision to revolutionise connectivity and build enduring Wi-Fi HaLow solutions for the future. We are delighted to partner with them, and for the support we’ve had from all of our investors, as we take the next step forward in our company’s journey toward market scale and leadership.”

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 22 users

Steve Roddy​

Direkter Kontakt1.
Semiconductor IP & Machine Learning Senior Leader, View attachment 21150 quadric.io

Steve Roddy is in conection with Rob Telson and Anil Mankar

perhaps this article is interesting for some of you;)😘

Edge Impulse wrote:
"quadric.io has introduced its Chimera family of general-purpose neural processors (GPNPUs), which blend the machine learning characteristics of a neural processing accelerator with the full C++ programmability of a modern digital signal processor."
View attachment 21153

“Machine learning is infiltrating nearly all applications everywhere DSPs are traditionally used today for vision, audio, sound, communications, sensors, and so much more”

Chimera yet another reference to Greek mythology
First Brainchip Akida
Second ARM ethos
Now Quadric Chimera
What is it with AI chips and Greek

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I have to say I think it is clear cut that Brainchip when it absolutely counts it does not even perspire let alone leak.

I have been casting my memory back and I cannot recall any incident where it was ever suggested by another poster here or at HC that Mercedes Benz were involved seriously with Brainchip.

So I agree with you that until Mercedes Benz feels inclined to cast a pearl about AKIDA to the market the silence on this front will continue.

I think the statement by Sean Hehir that they are extremely grateful to Mercedes Benz for the comments they made is deeply heart felt and a significant understatement of the impact it had on company moral.

Thankfully we have Edge Impulse employing a battalion of town cryers to spread their latest news.

Never loose site which I sometimes do that being in absolute stealth mode means that when say Kristopher Carlson one of our longest serving brilliant young engineers is at family gatherings he still cannot disclose to even his closest family members the career goals he is kicking on the World stage.

Imagine sitting there at Thanks Giving and over hearing his father talking to his uncle. His uncle bragging about how his son or daughter has just been promoted or been voted employee of the month and then asks and how is Kris going. Kris’ father replies not sure he does not say much but he seems happy. Well if he is happy.

I bet Kris just wants to scream I am changing the future of mankind.

On the 4C front In my private discussions with the company I do get a sense of excitement building about how market interest in neuromorphic computing solutions at the Edge is growing rapidly this year but it seems tempered by concerns around the general economic climate and World affairs and the actions of the US Federal Reserve.

The term head winds is not infrequently used affecting the semiconductor industry.

In consequence I am tempering my expectations for the next 4C but not for Brainchip.

In fact I am more excited than ever about what Brainchip could become over the next few years.

When I consider how tight the Brainchip ship has been regarding Mercedes Benz the other eight to ten EAPs become more intriguing than ever particularly as we know the former CEO Mr. Dinardo stated they were household names and or Fortune 500 companies.

Added to which the current CEO Sean Hehir stated these companies considered AKIDA to be their KRYPTONITE with which to capture the lead in their market spaces.

Exciting times.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

I have to say I think it is clear cut that Brainchip when it absolutely counts it does not even perspire let alone leak.

I have been casting my memory back and I cannot recall any incident where it was ever suggested by another poster here or at HC that Mercedes Benz were involved seriously with Brainchip.

So I agree with you that until Mercedes Benz feels inclined to cast a pearl about AKIDA to the market the silence on this front will continue.

I think the statement by Sean Hehir that they are extremely grateful to Mercedes Benz for the comments they made is deeply heart felt and a significant understatement of the impact it had on company moral.

Thankfully we have Edge Impulse employing a battalion of town cryers to spread their latest news.

Never loose site which I sometimes do that being in absolute stealth mode means that when say Kristopher Carlson one of our longest serving brilliant young engineers is at family gatherings he still cannot disclose to even his closest family members the career goals he is kicking on the World stage.

Imagine sitting there at Thanks Giving and over hearing his father talking to his uncle. His uncle bragging about how his son or daughter has just been promoted or been voted employee of the month and then asks and how is Kris going. Kris’ father replies not sure he does not say much but he seems happy. Well if he is happy.

I bet Kris just wants to scream I am changing the future of mankind.

On the 4C front In my private discussions with the company I do get a sense of excitement building about how market interest in neuromorphic computing solutions at the Edge is growing rapidly this year but it seems tempered by concerns around the general economic climate and World affairs and the actions of the US Federal Reserve.

The term head winds is not infrequently used affecting the semiconductor industry.

In consequence I am tempering my expectations for the next 4C but not for Brainchip.

In fact I am more excited than ever about what Brainchip could become over the next few years.

When I consider how tight the Brainchip ship has been regarding Mercedes Benz the other eight to ten EAPs become more intriguing than ever particularly as we know the former CEO Mr. Dinardo stated they were household names and or Fortune 500 companies.

Added to which the current CEO Sean Hehir stated these companies considered AKIDA to be their KRYPTONITE with which to capture the lead in their market spaces.

Exciting times.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BAL
24 Oct 2017
Brainchip ships first brainchip accelerator card to a major European automobile manufacturer.
More then likely this was Mercedes, in which case they have been testing for 5 years now.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users
@Fullmoonfever looks like someone hit the nail square on the head over yonder.
Shartman is bris Vegas

Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom