BRN Discussion Ongoing

Damo4

Regular
Cash receipts for a single qtr, especially when there is potentially missing spondoola, should not cause a 15% drop hahaha
I'm glad a freed up some cash to drop today in case of an event like this.
Counting myself lucky that my avg price is well under half of the current SP so this is a just a buying good opportunity.
Any long term holder shitting the bed might not infact be a long term holder, just someone waiting on $2.34 again.

Good luck to those selling so low, hopefully you can walk away and not have any regrets

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 22 users

Rskiff

Regular
I certainly HOPE that there is some positive news before the next rebalance of ASX200 or we will be dropping out of that at these levels. Interesting to note that the other 3 companies that were promoted in ASX200 when we were are doing well especially NHC and yet I feel BRN has the most potential commercially than any of the ones entered.
Sure is "lumpy" as Sean said it would, but only $100k !! A fish'n'chip shop would do better. Back to being patient as Rome wasn't built in a day.

• Sad
Reactions: 13 users
D

Deleted member 118

54757450-5611-40EA-89DC-059FC37BA323.png

Link below

Reactions: 10 users

Foxdog

Regular
The "greatest amount of sales activity" line irks me. There is no accountability in that statement whatsoever.

To instill confidence, he could have said something like "we expect to sign multiple agreements" or "we expect strong revenue growth" next quarter.
Yep if I were to use the term 'sales activity' I would be referring to actual sales. Imagine working in retail, coming home and your partner says 'how was your day dear?'

Oh we had heaps of sales activity!

Really, how much did you sell?

Nothing.......

W....T.... actual F

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Proga

Regular
Exactly. This is just short-term noise. Directionally nothing changed. Some people are freaking out that each single step isn't according to their expectations. Even if we occasionally stumble, so long as it's still towards the promised land.
The current fears in the global financial markets are going to push back the timing of the smaller companies wanting to bring new application to market using Akida. These are the companies which were going to come out of left field who were using MegaChips, Edge Impulse etc to get to market. The bigger players in the ADAS field like Valeo, Renesas, Nviso and the vehicle manufactures will still be pushing ahead.

There is also a trade-off. The global economic uncertainty is going to help unwind the semiconductor shortage and open up fabrication slots for those wanting to make chips using Akida IP like the EV manufactures and their supply partners. Not unlike another company I own who shipped a record amount of their product last qtr due to the unwinding of the global shipping shortage. For those companies experiencing strong demand, the current financial climate will untie their hands.

There was a tweet from Blomberg about Tesla, Ford and VW sound the death knell for driverless car hype which is a good thing. The hype and claims were way over the top about reaching level 5 autonomous driving. There were a lot of cowboys seeking finance with wild claims. The steady approach by MB and their suppliers is much more measured.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

VictorG

I dare say by the end of this day the top 20 share holders will have many more shares and there will be far fewer retail investors.

Its an awful shame so much energy is spent on matters that are temporary. True to human nature, we will be celebrate our brilliance when BRN is trading at 10x but until then I feel the pain and understand the frustration at BRN management.
I also understand we will in all likelihood never see these buy-in opportunities again. Hold tight and remember that the only difference between profit and loss is time.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

JK200SX

Regular
You left out Mankind's increasingly sedentary lifestyle 😛

We are hunter/gatherers by nature, over 90% of what people "gather " in supermarkets is utter garbage.

If you couldn't hunt it down directly, pick it off of a tree, or dig it out of the ground, people shouldn't be eating it really..

The rest is manufactured, purely for profit.

I once read a "horror" comic, as a kid, which showed a future of obese humans, in chairs, with tubes going into them, locked into an alternative reality (by their own choice) with video screen helmets.

I read this comic book, over 30 years ago!

How far off, are some from this future, with the Metaverse?

Shorting action and positions, will be interesting, as they come out over the next few days..

Don't look at the share price, if it's upsetting, ladies and gentlemen 👍

The way the world is going, people will turn into the chair....

1666921312667.png

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Be great to see some belief from the BRN "Team" buying on mkt with their own coin at these supposed wonderful prices.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

JK200SX

Regular
Will be interesting to see if the institution’s are still accumulating more shares

Institutions and Mutual Funds have remained unchanged!

1666921624277.png

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Aretemis

Regular
I feel ya! Not good to see when you have a decent chunk of them!
Lola like I picked a bad week to give up sniffing glue 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
This movement in the BRNASX share price cannot be as a result of a predicted lumpy result in the 4C.

So I must have missed a negative article or news release advising one or all of the following:

1. Brainchip is no longer trusted by Valeo and Valeo has pulled the pin on their EAP relationship;

2. Brainchip is no longer trusted by Mercedes Benz and they no longer consider Brainchip Ai Experts;

3. Brainchip is no longer trusted by NASA and they have given formal notice ending their EAP relationship;

4. Brainchip is no longer engaged with ISL and ISL has given notice ending their formal EAP relationship despite their successful cognitive radar project with the US Airforce Research facility;

5. Brainchip and Prophesee are no longer partnering to bring the ultimate intelligent event based sensor to the market;

6. Brainchip has been removed from the ARM ecosystem as they have discovered it does not work with their entire semiconductor range dramatically enhancing performance and slashing power requirements;

7. Brainchip and Edge Impulse are ending their partnership despite all of the joint development work to include Meta TF in Edge Impulses development platform used by over 50,000 developers and all the joint presentations past and future;

8. Brainchip has been handed back the IP purchased by Renesas despite the comments from Renesas of a few weeks ago as to their ongoing relationship;

9. Brainchip has been advised by MEGACHIPS that despite having spent two years training their engineers to design and integrate AKIDA IP, expending millions of dollars on the IP licensing, deeply imbedding Brainchip in its website and promoting Brainchip in presentations it is pulling out of the deal;

10. Brainchip has been advised by SiFive that despite the time and effort expended to implement and promote AKIDA IP as part of its product offering it is pulling out of the partnership;

11. The engineering team at Tata Consulting that jointly presented the AKIDA technology and continued to post positive updates regarding the technology on their social media pages have stated they no longer consider AKIDA to be revolutionary;

12. Professor Barry Marshall Nobel Laureate has resigned from the Scientific Advisory Board stating that Biotome and Noisey Gut Belt have found better more advanced technology;

13. Brainchip has made an ASX announcement stating that the previously announced EAP with FORD has been abandoned by Ford stating AKIDA technology failed to live up to the accolades given it by Mercedes Benz;

14. Brainchip has been advised by Nviso that they have redone the performance figures comparing AKIDA with Nvidia Jetson and Brainchips ten times better frames per second was incorrect it is actually closer to 17 times and so they are going to look else where for less efficient technology;

15. Brainchip advised that the announced results by Edge Impulse showing AKIDA out performing both GPU’s and CPU’s was a mistake;

16. Brainchip has advised that the previously advised successful completion of the AKIDA 2.0 IP by Peter van der Made and the payments made to progress the engineering and for the purchase of the required third party IP to complete the production of the reference chip was an error and these things never happened;

17. Brainchip has been advised by the US Patents Office that all of their patents and of Cerco’s were issued in error and have been withdrawn;

18. Brainchip advised that the further 27 patents that have been filed involved a typing error and it was only 2.7 patents;

19. Brainchip has advised that all of the demonstration videos including the one showing AKIDA technology performing regression analysis are fake;

20. Brainchip has advised that all of the statements made by Brainchip personnel regarding the technology and volume of sales enquiries, numbers of EAPs and the 3 to 5 year technology leads are fabrications and part of a giant conspiracy to fool retail shareholders; and

21. Brainchip’s claims to have sufficient working capital and further LDA Capita entitlements exceeding $50 million are untrue.

Can someone please advise me as to which of these I missed and post a link.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 93 users

DK6161

Regular
Having a closer look at the 4C summary.
Market seems to be overreacting.

+ New sales exec
+ Purchase of patent
+ Key sales target set (This is something that needs to be communicated in the next AGM).
+ More sales activities recently

- Customers may be impacted by incoming "recession"

Opinion only. DYOR.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Mccabe84

Regular

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Often when shares have a really good day, the profit takers sell out in the afternoon and the share price cools a little.

Lets hope its similar today that the shorters have got their fill and are happy to pay a little extra to buy back their borrowed shares!

Deena

Regular
Management should wake up and not repeat brain studio, accelerator, chip sales, etc. I know people here are amazed how great the management is doing but I disagree. Brainchip fked up few times already and they no longer can afford to fk up and repeat the history. Now we will definately be kicked out from asx 200, even more sad.

But tbh only change is that they didnt get any cash inflows this quarter, doesnt really mean the 2 mill+ (unless somehow they cancelled orders) the revenue is gone...
As Winston Churchill once said, "I'd have made nothing if I had not made mistakes ungrateful country."
If you are expecting beer and skittles every time (quarter), you are in the wrong game. To be running around now like Chicken Little saying "the sky is falling' and trying to 'blame' someone in management, is in my opinion the wrong reaction.

Solid progress continues to be made month by month, and I have no doubt that our management continues to make excellent choices to progress our company. Will there be some mistakes made? Well of course there will be. The only way to avoid making some mistakes is to do nothing ... but of course that would be an even bigger mistake!

Chill people it WILL happen. Patience is wisdom, and wisdom will lead to success. This company has too much going for it, including a switched on and active management team. They certainly have my full confidence, but I can't say the same for the Chicken Littles out there.
GLTAH
Deena

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Yep if I were to use the term 'sales activity' I would be referring to actual sales. Imagine working in retail, coming home and your partner says 'how was your day dear?'

Oh we had heaps of sales activity!

Really, how much did you sell?

Nothing.......

W....T.... actual F

Unfortunately, that's not what it means. Sales activity refers to the set of functions performed by a sales team in relation to customer acquisition. This includes things like lead capture (i.e. having a website that demo's their product and encourages prospects to enquire - i.e. email sales@brainchip.com), to lead nurture (which is something the sales + engineering teams will work on together to help the customer progress their interest into evaluation and then into consideration of an actual purchase), through to a lead signing a tangible contract. Illiterate people like HE Pennypacker will make you think otherwise.

Sales = how many lemons I sold at the market
Sales Activity = all the efforts made to attract and convert a prospect into being customer - along the known customer purchase journey. As we know with Brainchip... this cycle is long... LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGG.... i.e. 12-24 months long. Why? Because its complex - and I am pretty certain that any company investing in a BRN product will probably want to make 1000000000000000% sure that it's not going to be the straw that broke the saddle in their mass released product (think of the brand reputation damage - and in the case of Mercedes or any other car provider, potential damage to human life).

This is where our enablement partners (Edge Impulse, NVISO, and Prophesee) become important to us. From the Brainchip website "Enablement partners optimize the performance of their AI/ML development, modeling, or inference software with Akida integration. Pre-integration provides a vertically complete solution to simplify evaluation and implementation.". They will help speed the process up, and this was a key part of the investment and direction that Sean has brought to the table. He know's the value in partnerships and recognises that we cannot do this alone (not in a hurry anyway).

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Reactions: 3 users

JK200SX

Regular
I don’t imagine this would be today’s data ? Wouldn’t take a few days to come through

I've actually seen the data change previously during the course of the day.

Reactions: 5 users

Euks

Regular
I’ve just been reading over the 4C and one sentence has got me intrigued.

“The company will focus on key sales targets and converting technical evaluations into paid licences”

It’s got me intrigued because I wonder if Sean isn’t happy with Rob hence the appointment of Chris Stevens and Rob shuffling sideways into a role where he is managing current partnerships.

It’s probably not a popular opinion but it tells me that Rob isn’t closing the deals out like the company expects hence the appointment of a new head of sales….

With that in mind is there a way to check if Rob has hit his targets and been issued with performance shares as a result or does anybody recall any such announcements of the like? Will Rob still be trying to close out deals from the engagements he initiated or will Chris do that?

Anyways, a big few months ahead. Hopefully 🥴

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I was contemplating exactly what you wrote and beat me to the keyboard. I am positive on BRN and haven't sold a single share over the years, but this is the one thing that is giving me some concern. If these other products are on the market or launching as we speak, then who's technology are they using. If its not ours, then is there something more superior out there or at a better pricepoint. The new mbux is touted to have AI in it, and everything that the mbux can do is what we thought akida was perfectly suited to. Yet its someone else's technology and as time goes on their technology will improve, just like how our tech does!

Or, i could be totally wrong and the comment,
" View attachment 20399 , could infact lead to many income receipts over the next period?

What I would like to see the company do is to give us an update of the status of the many NDA's they have?
I know they can't divulge specific information, but surely the can provide discreet numbers on the number of current NDA's, converted and dead. They can provide, timing such as inception of the NDA, and percentage completion or conversion to a full licence, and potentially what type of revenue streams that NDA would eventuate into.
Nothing sensitive, but a bit more info than word like dozens or upwards of "X" NDA's, would be good.
Most NDAs have a clause requiring the existence of the NDA to be kept secret.

Top Bottom