BRN Discussion Ongoing

CWP

According to data on "Shortman " BrainChip is ranked 21st most shorted company on the ASX not 7th
It was 7th on their rubbish list, as a shorted option.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi Fact Finder,

Sorry , I don't know how to cut and past , still.

Google,

Calcutta 2023, Australia's brightest ( that's debatable) pick 17 stocks for the year ahead.

Regards,
Esq.
This is the link: https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wir...vestors-name-17-top-stocks-for-the-year-ahead

Even reading the full article I find it hard to understand how they include short with long in the list. Obviously went to the wrong school any help would be appreciated. I mean this being chosen at number 7. for a start flies in the face of MF listing BRN as its 6th best stock pick for a record number of years.

Anyway if anyone can assist the old guy at the back of the room it would be appreciated.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Hi CPW,

Cheers for the cut and copy.

Esq.

Reactions: 3 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
Afternoon Chippers,

Just came upon this at the crapper,

Time stamp: 16:16
Posted by hOOts,
In the pls thread .

Gathering of fund managers, aka WANCAS , once a year , come together to pat each other on the back and raise funds for charity.

Thay give their thoughts on the year ahead.

Apparently ,

BRN is ranked 7th , with a ( short ) ranking.????

WANCAS.

Don't shoot the messinger.
Just thought I'd bring it to everyone's attention.

Esq.
Screenshot_20221021-180755_Chrome.jpg

Not ranked 7th, Just No.7. Just another clown ping pong dance show.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Foxdog

Regular
Ahh this bloody rain FF, I'm sick of it - 3 crap summers in a row and the one before that was full of smoke from bushfires - go figure. I'm sure at some point in the future we'll look back on this disruptive period through nostalgic glasses - 'ahh those were the days - bushfires, floods and the BRN share price was only 87c. Ha remember that, we even had to drive our own cars.....and now AKIDA keeps us all wealthy, healthy and happy'

Ahh my first gin and lemonade must be kicking-in, thinking of hot summer afternoons and test cricket......

Happy weekend FF and fellow chippers. Stay strong, our time in the sun is coming 🏖️😆

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
View attachment 19579

Some of those shares they recommend for Long are absolute lemons.
May be 2 or 3 worth a look, the rest are in downtrend with no sight of bottoming out.

Having more than $100m shorted for BRN, which is clearly consolidating and holding well even these turbulent times being recommended for shorting, may be is the proof that these hedge fundies aren't that smart after all.

Who recommends to invest in Virgin money UK 😆 and when was the last time you used webjet to book a flight? Looks to me like someone is trying to find new bag holders 🎒 🛄 🧳

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
View attachment 19579

Looking at all last year's "top" pick returns/ results I can conclude the following thoughts
1. I'm more confident now that brainchip will have a bloody good 12 months
2. The best and brightest so called fund managers don't have much of a clue if they think the best investments out there involve shorting a stock.
3. A monkey could of thrown darts at the asx company list for the past decade and made money, now it gets harder (with increase in money market rates) and judging their results last year proves this
4. Fund managers are basically sheep that follow each other around with little research into stocks apart from looking at a computer screen analysing candles
5. Fund managers don't deserve the outrageous fees they charge people
6. WANCAS = Clowns
day clown GIF

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 27 users

Foxdog

Regular
It was 7th on their rubbish list, as a shorted option.

So if it's a short on their rubbish list that's a double negative right? Which actually means it is an overwhelming endorsement of BRN - a very positive result (albeit from a bunch of peanuts that regularly fail to outperform the ASX)😆

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
Ahh this bloody rain FF, I'm sick of it - 3 crap summers in a row and the one before that was full of smoke from bushfires - go figure. I'm sure at some point in the future we'll look back on this disruptive period through nostalgic glasses - 'ahh those were the days - bushfires, floods and the BRN share price was only 87c. Ha remember that, we even had to drive our own cars.....and now AKIDA keeps us all wealthy, healthy and happy'

Ahh my first gin and lemonade must be kicking-in, thinking of hot summer afternoons and test cricket......

Happy weekend FF and fellow chippers. Stay strong, our time in the sun is coming 🏖️😆
Well at least here in Sydney we have the comfort of knowing we have a large desalination plant laying idol just waiting for when it never rains here again.

Hang on we are raising the dam wall hugely increasing its storage capacity while mitigating flood risk so maybe we won’t need a desalination plant but knowing it’s there and will ensure all the fund managers in the Eastern Suburbs will always have pure clean drinking water is still a comfort.

Have a great weekend @Foxdog.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Happy birthday for next week TechGirl 🎂🎂🎂,
It's also, Mrs Learning, Learning's son and sister. So that would be a great present 🎁 for them and you 🎁.

It's great to be a shareholder 🏖🍺🍾🍷
Must be something in the water in January.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Easytiger

Regular
Investment for the future is a big learning curve, sometimes small retail investors only look at short-term goal and buy and sells with daily emotions.

The like of Vanguard looks at long-term strategies. Us small retail investors need to think like Vanguard and have long-term strategies to be successful in the sea with the sharks.

Always have a plan, learnt enough to know about your investment. So I thanks 1000 eyes for yours generous time to educate me, when I am still learning.

Learning
It's great to be a shareholder 🏖
Vanguard are long term investors and very clever.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Gazzafish

Regular

Attachments

• 3C33762D-0F6E-4D3E-8C3A-85823A264406.png
    3C33762D-0F6E-4D3E-8C3A-85823A264406.png
    924.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Looking at all last year's "top" pick returns/ results I can conclude the following thoughts
1. I'm more confident now that brainchip will have a bloody good 12 months
2. The best and brightest so called fund managers don't have much of a clue if they think the best investments out there involve shorting a stock.
3. A monkey could of thrown darts at the asx company list for the past decade and made money, now it gets harder (with increase in money market rates) and judging their results last year proves this
4. Fund managers are basically sheep that follow each other around with little research into stocks apart from looking at a computer screen analysing candles
5. Fund managers don't deserve the outrageous fees they charge people
6. WANCAS = Clowns
day clown GIF
I think the recommendation to short BrainChip is indicative of the scuttlebutt which is the stock-in-trade of these sophisticated traders.

If they understood the true technical advance embodied in Akida, its market potential, and its technical/commercial alliances, would they come to the decision to short the stock?

They are just parroting the locker room talk that the market manipulators would have them believe.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip

:cool::cool: Cheers @Foxdog .... Enjoy! 🍸

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Diogenese

Top 20
View attachment 19579

A calcutta is a form of gambling in which the "contestants" are auctioned to the highest bidder, with the collected funds, less the promoters cut, being allocated to the prize-winners (1st, 2nd, 3rd). Maybe it's a technical way of side-stepping gambling laws?

So BrainChip, being the first of the shorts, is the number 1 stock to be shorted in the view of this gaggle of geese.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
I think the recommendation to short BrainChip is indicative of the scuttlebutt which is the stock-in-trade of these sophisticated traders.

If they understood the true technical advance embodied in Akida, its market potential, and its technical/commercial alliances, would they come to the decision to short the stock?

They are just parroting the locker room talk that the market manipulators would have them believe.
We WILL see who has the last laugh! 🤑🤑

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
1666342914954.png

Season 1 Lol GIF by NBC

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
Hot off the press from the new Mercedes EQS manual has gesture recognition to control various functions it's a new feature 🙌
Screenshot_20221021-214548_Drive.jpg

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 23 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
Thanks Gazza

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221021-214718_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20221021-214718_Drive.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: 9 users