BRN Discussion Ongoing

As I continue to see more and more articles regarding AI in mainstream media and with this more stories about companies emerging trying to produce their own "competing" tech. I keep coming back to one thought. As brilliant as the minds were who had the foresight and technical genius to create AKIDA equally brilliant we’re the business minds that realised our technical superiority and competitive lead in the marketplace and acted swiftly and comprehensively to protect this position.

Our patent library's value can not be overstated. The substantial barrier to entry it creates is immense and its value will be demonstrated time and time again in the months and years to come. Imagine being a new company trying to enter, doing your due diligence, coming across Brainchip, realising how far ahead we are and the number of international patents we have protecting our IP. I dont care how big you are or how much cash you have to throw at it. I would rather be on our side of the battle any day of the week.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
As I continue to see more and more articles regarding AI in mainstream media and with this more stories about companies emerging trying to produce their own "competing" tech. I keep coming back to one thought. As brilliant as the minds were who had the foresight and technical genius to create AKIDA equally brilliant we’re the business minds that realised our technical superiority and competitive lead in the marketplace and acted swiftly and comprehensively to protect this position.

Our patent library's value can not be overstated. The substantial barrier to entry it creates is immense and its value will be demonstrated time and time again in the months and years to come. Imagine being a new company trying to enter, doing your due diligence, coming across Brainchip, realising how far ahead we are and the number of international patents we have protecting our IP. I dont care how big you are or how much cash you have to throw at it. I would rather be on our side of the battle any day of the week.
Agree. I try not to second guess the leadership of Brainchip but I was desperate for the day Brainchip stated they were going into academic institutions.

The announcement by the CEO Sean Hehir recently that this program had commenced was music too my ears.

In six to eight months time we should start to see an avalanche of research papers rolling off the presses and hopefully zeeb0t will be forced to upgrade the site to cope with the mass of AKIDA material being posted. LOL

“Disrupting industries that do not yet exist” - Ken Scarince CFO Brainchip German Investor Presentation 2021.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 34 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
Agree. I try not to second guess the leadership of Brainchip but I was desperate for the day Brainchip stated they were going into academic institutions.

The announcement by the CEO Sean Hehir recently that this program had commenced was music too my ears.

In six to eight months time we should start to see an avalanche of research papers rolling off the presses and hopefully zeeb0t will be forced to upgrade the site to cope with the mass of AKIDA material being posted. LOL

“Disrupting industries that do not yet exist” - Ken Scarince CFO Brainchip German Investor Presentation 2021.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Just like Brainchip, I am ready for explosive... visitors / activity!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users
D

Deleted member 118

1645341962502.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 23 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Heading

The "electronic nose" will save lives:
The nano-lottery dials will alert you
Diseases and infections through sniffing only

Sub heading/para:

The system is being developed by Nanoz Medical, which includes high-caliber nanoparticle imaging systems that will be able to detect.
Infectious diseases and warn of precancerous tumors in the breath "smelling" stings. "This is nothing less than a revolution
In medicine, it will save lives and lead to efficiency in the health system, "say the company's executives.

First paragraph:

And plans future applications in additional areas

Our cantor Oh Yod revolutionized the burden of medicine.
Using as a test, innovative diagnostics, not beating.
Neh. We develop a test using a blown mind.
Another will be able to perform a suture and will help with a quick diagnosis
Of Bufen-identical diseases that will support sharpening
Tilt to the ghost of the ghost treatment that the nabra winery is following.
Ne is toxic to patients with diseases such as hard dementia
And he was an early Nahal of his crabs and moth-seren.
A winepress that does not require optimal tools to diagnose.
Says Odit Marom to Beck, a joint message from Zor
Laying Nan Medical 16:10) the one I will classify; Spitta
The "electron nose" that stands in front of the technols.
Of the field of medicine

That's all Ive got so far. The rest is coming up as gobledigook - may need someone fluent in Hebrew?
Hey mate, that translations sounds something like @The Dean would say. Blessed are the cheese makers. lol

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Quite agree. As I said above in relation to Sebastian, a lot of university research:-
a) is directed to analog SNNs;
b) seems to be unenlightened about digital SNNs, and Akida in particular.

Reactions: 13 users

Fox151

Regular
It just occurred to me why Australia is such a great country it is the fact that we a sense of freedom and irreverence so much a part of our societies fabric that our political heads are nicknamed :

Albo and Scomo

In Russia, the US, the UK, China they have:

Putin
Biden
Boris
Ping

How much better would they be if their leaders were nicknamed:

Puto
Bido
Borro
Pingo.

Problem solved now just need to work out how to get them to adopt this approach to leadership. LOL

FF
To be fair the Chinese have winney the pooh...

Reactions: 2 users

Fox151

Regular
In the world of software, technology, cybersecurity - no news, is good news. I guess at first I think - hmm, Australia helping with cybersecurity. That's odd. Is it even our strong suit? But then again, for the most part - we never really hear too much in relation to massive leaks or exploits. So I suppose the old adage is true and maybe we are in a position to help in that respect.
I think our success comes down to the fact that cyber started as the remit of ASD and then the ASCS when it became slightly less classified and more open to other agencies and industry so the culture has always been pretty tight lipped, but it could also be down to the fact that I don't think any politician in living memory in this country has ever planned more than 24 hours in advance...

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users
I think our success comes down to the fact that cyber started as the remit of ASD and then the ASCS when it became slightly less classified and more open to other agencies and industry so the culture has always been pretty tight lipped, but it could also be down to the fact that I don't think any politician in living memory in this country has ever planned more than 24 hours in advance...
Thank you Fox I went through the full range of emotions laughter, then sadness, then anger. FF

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
Hah, well said.

Reactions: 8 users

Equitable

Regular

Unfortunately Australia's politicans respond to what the media demands. The media demands something they deem newsworthy, sensationalist if possible, every day without any care for the future.

Sad and sorry state of affairs.

Diogenese

Top 20
True ... now if we could just "manage" the news cycle ... Orwell that ends well ...
Is this still a happening ?

Studio was put on the backburner when BrainChip realized that thet needed to demonstrate that the Akida chipo worked in silicon. Studio was SNN software designed to work on a CPU, and it delivered significanlly improved performance compared with existing CNN programs.
https://www.electropages.com/2018/0...-software-adds-api-easier-systems-integration

I guess that, from talking to customers, LdN and co realized that the SoC/SoC IP market was much larger than just the facial recognition market and was ready for an edge/standalone, low power, battery operated SoC solution with onchip learning.

At that stage, BrainChip retrenched its marketing sales force and put all hands (and all dollars) to the oars into developing Akida. It was a bracing period for long term shareholders, but they strapped PvdM to the mast, plugged their ears, and survives the sirens' pull to a watery grave.

So the short answer is: we still have the software IP and code, and, if the pressure eases sufficiently, and there is sufficient demand, Studio could be revived. I don't know what happened to teh then existing customer projects.

• Love
Reactions: 29 users

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

“Disrupting industries that do not yet exist”

The Brainchip mantra gets better every time I read it

We need it on tshirts

Reactions: 13 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Recently somebody posted how Intel had tried to patent Brainchip IP Peter van der Made already patented.

I thought that was a pretty important revelation that Intel wanted claim IP that belonged to Brainchip.

I think if it seemed important enough for Intel to try and patent then then maybe they will just have to license the IP.

I wanted to read it again. Having difficulty finding it again... where did I read that?
Hi greenwaves,

When a patent is filed, the patentee may not be aware of all the prior art, one reason being that patent applications are not published for 18 months give or take. Another reason is that there are lots of patents and other documents in the haystack, so it is possible to overlook something particularly if it has been misclassified.

It is also common for the claims of a patent application to claim the specific embodiment of the invention (think of the jokes of the inventor sitting in the Patent Office waiting room whih the invention on his lap). The invention may have broader application than the particular application the inventor has created. Thus the patent claims will be drafted to claim the invention in the broadest terms to ensure that a competitor cannot get around the patent claims and unjustly appropriate the invention without infringing the patent claims. The claims will also be drafted to cover the specific application to cover the possibility that the broad claims capture a prior disclosure.

Also, sometimes, the Patent Office examiner may not fully grasp the import of the invention and may incorrectly cite a prior document against the claimed invention.

So the fact that the Patent Office cites a prior document against a new patent application does not necessarily mean that the new inventor was attempting to steal the earlier invention.

Reactions: 20 users

Diogenese

Top 20
“Disrupting industries that do not yet exist”

The Brainchip mantra gets better every time I read it

We need it on tshirts
Sounds like neoLuddites.

Reactions: 3 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

MDhere

Regular
I’ve tried calling and messaging him 👎
hope yr friend was ok. Where we were in London just alone high winds but i think they don't know what storms are labelling London red zone? Anyway all was ok for us in the end. Such dtamatic build up.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
D

Deleted member 118

hope yr friend was ok. Where we were in London just alone high winds but i think they don't know what storms are labelling London red zone? Anyway all was ok for us in the end. Such dtamatic build up.
Hey MD

Yes he ended up staying at families 😁

Reactions: 5 users

MDhere

Regular
I'm going to try and nab someones shares tomorrow :) Got a small sum that come in 😀

Allsquared

Hey mate, that translations sounds something like @The Dean would say. Blessed are the cheese makers. lol
Never happened to me before.. but that dude.. the dean creeps me out.

Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom