BRN Discussion Ongoing

krugerrands

Regular
Just one tiny point acceleration is not Artificial Intelligence.

The industry quite bluntly lies in all its advertising when it describes a semiconductor as an Ai accelerator where the edge is concerned.

An Ai accelerator at the edge is simply compressing data to send it more efficiently to somewhere else to be processed.

SiFive X280 is as they say an accelerator full stop. The only way they can claim it to be an Intelligence Series is if they add Ai that does some processing of the sensor data before it is sent to somewhere else for action. Which is where AKIDA comes in.

Otherwise in truth it is not the Intelligence Series it is the Accelerator Series.

Now if they wanted they could add Loihi 2 to the X280 to make it intelligent but of course it is not commercially available.

Of SiFive’s published partners the only partner supplying Ai to make X280 intelligent is Brainchip.

So it is of course an add on but if you don’t add it on you don’t get intelligence you get acceleration.

It is like going into a car dealership to buy a new car and when it’s delivered there are no wheels. When you point this out the sales person says wheels are an extra. You didn’t say you wanted wheels.

Buying an Intelligence Series processor without the intelligence is pretty unintelligent.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Haha....yes.
Distinction is important.
And unfortunately this fine point will only be appreciated by the few untill it becomes plain to see through differentiated products, where understanding is not required.

We "know" that the terms "machine learning" and "artificial intelligence" are misnomers.
This article was actually a nice little history lesson.

Very frustrating that these type of things get misrepresented.

You would almost have to come up with a new term to differentiate real AI from all that has gone before.

Much like "DLE" ( Direct lithium extraction ) in the lithium industry.
Every second wannabe producer is saying they do DLE as if DLE is a single turnkey technology.
Instead there are different flavours of this term and worse still is that it is just 1 step in the flowsheet of the chemical process to get to an end product.
Just a marketing hype term that sounds cool and allows you to gloss over the specifics...

I digress.

Yes, X280 with Akida should differentiate itself from the rest, can't wait for this to be plain to see to all.
Over 30% of my portfolio is in BRN even at current shareprice.

But in the meantime, you might have products and or people using the X280 as is, and they will still be claiming and including the wording of "can run by itself, performing inference tasks at the edge" and that does not mean it has Akida inside...... just plain pizza with no cheese.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

krugerrands

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
Haha....yes.
Distinction is important.
And unfortunately this fine point will only be appreciated by the few untill it becomes plain to see through differentiated products, where understanding is not required.

We "know" that the terms "machine learning" and "artificial intelligence" are misnomers.
This article was actually an nice little history lesson.

Very frustrating that these type of things get misrepresented.

You would almost have to come up with a new term to differentiate real AI from all that has gone before.

Much like "DLE" ( Direct lithium extraction ) in the lihtium industry.
Every second wannabe producer is saying they do DLE as if DLE is a single turnkey technology.
Instead there are different flavours of this term and worse still is that it is just 1 step in the flowsheet of the chemical process to get to an end product.
Just a marketing hype term that sounds cool and allows you to gloss over the specifics...

I digress.

Yes, X280 with Akida should differentiate itself from the rest, can't wait for this to be plain to see to all.
Over 30% of my portfolio is in BRN even at current shareprice.

But in the meantime, you might have products and or people using the X280 as is, and they will still be claiming and including the wording of "can run by itself, performing inference tasks at the edge" and that does not mean it has Akida inside...... just plain pizza with no cheese.
And hopefully the University program that is now up and running will over time address this issue in spades. Fingers crossed.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: Only today someone at Brainchip completely unsolicited commented that it is annoying that more and more players are claiming Ai features that only AKIDA possesses.😜

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

ndefries

Regular
And hopefully the University program that is now up and running will over time address this issue in spades. Fingers crossed.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: Only today someone at Brainchip completely unsolicited commented that it is annoying that more and more players are claiming Ai features that only AKIDA possesses.😜
They are welcome to license our IP and claim it as theirs. We are used to NDAs

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

Lex555

Regular
BRN biggest gainer in ASX200!
Cheers to more days like this, and the free exposure.

6011BE6E-E389-424A-94D3-991435A1CC63.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 54 users

Attachments

• _20220927_162206.JPG
    _20220927_162206.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Such a beautiful sight.
TOP 5.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Boab

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

krugerrands

Regular

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

The University program to me is really exciting, but it is not a sugar hit.

It is all these different parts completing the ecosystem that makes me feel that much more secure in my investment here. For example CNN to SNN conversion.

I'm actually a little paranoid that powerfull players would want to derail us or get their grubby hands on my shares....

1664261299410.png

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users
BRN biggest gainer in ASX200!
View attachment 17481
Nup. Can’t be right.

MF has been assuring me for years it is number 6. It has been number six since forever.

@DingoBorat I think you need to chase up the ASX again about this.

First they don’t list BRN at all and now they incorrectly place it at number 1.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 29 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Newk R

Regular
Nup. Can’t be right.

MF has been assuring me for years it is number 6. It has been number six since forever.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Doesn't even show up in Nabtrade top 20.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Boab

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Fox151

Regular
I am actually going to go to the newsagents and buy the Australian Financial Review as I read that 2—3 times a week years ago and enjoyed doing it . Why I stopped I do not remember. I see old farts reading them in coffee ☕️ shops . Maybe there is a renaissance happening like vinyl and now cassettes.
I'm gonna read The M.a.r.k.e.t Herald and punch myself in the cock a dozen times.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
I'm gonna read ***************** and punch myself in the cock a dozen times.

Oh Lord Wtf GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Nup. Can’t be right.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Things you will never hear said by share advisory services on the ASX:

“Brainchip might be the number one gainer on the ASX200 but we have five other stocks that are not performing well at the moment but if you pay us money and buy our picks when the price spikes because you accepted our recommendation we will be able to get out with a tidy profit.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27 users

Newk R

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

KKFoo

Regular
Do it again tomorrow?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I'm gonna read The M.a.r.k.e.t Herald and punch myself in the cock a dozen times.

Fair enough @Fox151. I mean who are we to judge how you pass your time? Have you considered purchasing some titanium undies to protect the family jewels? 🤜

200w.gif

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users
Fair enough @Fox151. I mean who are we to judge how you pass your time? Have you considered purchasing some titanium undies to protect the family jewels?

View attachment 17487
Why doesn’t someone tell them their horses have been stolen.😂😵‍💫🤡

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom