BRN Discussion Ongoing

For those with the morbid interest..

"when I first began taking kicks to the testicles, there was a lot of fear involved" 😲

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

"when I first began taking kicks to the testicles, there was a lot of fear involved" 😲

I heard the best season for this was winter as they play hide and seek

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Lex555

Regular
Nup. Can’t be right.

MF has been assuring me for years it is number 6. It has been number six since forever.

@DingoBorat I

These guys remind me of the karate coach from Napolian Dynamite. Maybe Akidia could be incorporated in smart underwear to notify owner when a testicle is lost 🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Mea culpa

prəmɪskjuəs
I am actually going to go to the newsagents and buy the Australian Financial Review as I read that 2—3 times a week years ago and enjoyed doing it . Why I stopped I do not remember. I see old farts reading them in coffee ☕️ shops . Maybe there is a renaissance happening like vinyl and now cassettes.
I may have been one of those old farts, Frank. Five years ago I picked up the AFR in a coffee shop in Noosaville. Flicked through it and something caught my attention. Some tech mob out of Perth with a neuromorphic chip. Just two sentences. Had no idea, yet curiosity led to very basic research. Indulged $1200 in my first purchase. Haven’t bothered with the AFR since. Each year I return to that café, every day from June to September. Today, was my last day for this year.
If I can quote @Learning ..,
It’s great to be a shareholder.
Cheers.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
For our overseas friends this is the home page of the ASX tonight.

ASX.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

KMuzza

Mad Scientist
Who had this as a TSE motif- the 1000 eyes do not miss much- 😎 can only happen in OZ.

CHECK OUT THE SCREEN SAVER.

1664275136231.png
1664275136231.png

AKIDA BALLISTA UBQTS

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users
I may have been one of those old farts, Frank. Five years ago I picked up the AFR in a coffee shop in Noosaville. Flicked through it and something caught my attention. Some tech mob out of Perth with a neuromorphic chip. Just two sentences. Had no idea, yet curiosity led to very basic research. Indulged $1200 in my first purchase. Haven’t bothered with the AFR since. Each year I return to that café, every day from June to September. Today, was my last day for this year.
If I can quote @Learning ..,
It’s great to be a shareholder.
Cheers.
The financial review was very kind to me financially through one of their random articles.

Reactions: 3 users

Cardpro

Regular
Screenshot_20220927-211420_Chrome.jpg

Just remember that MegaChips' report is due in September & we only have few days 😀

• Fire
Reactions: 35 users

cassip

Regular
complementary, good overview, article in German:

excerpt:
"Developer conference Nvidia GTC Nvidia as a one-stop store for artificial intelligence
09/26/2022 By Michael Eckstein
Kicking off its in-house developer conference, GTC, Nvidia founder and CEO Jensen Huang presented a cornucopia of news - focusing on natural language understanding, metaverse, gaming and artificial intelligence/machine learning.
Grace Hopper for more performance in data centers

In addition to the H100 GPUs, Huang put the spotlight on Grace Hopper, where Nvidia combines its Grace arm-based data center CPU with the Hopper GPUs. This has allowed them to increase "fast memory capacity" by a factor of 7. "This will provide a giant leap in recommendation systems," Huang said. Systems with Grace Hopper should be available in the first half of 2023.
Thor for autonomous vehicles, robotics, medical instruments and more.

In today's vehicles, functions such as active safety, parking, driver monitoring, camera mirrors and infotainment are controlled by different computers. In the future, they will be provided by software that improves over time and runs on a central computer, Huang believes. For this application, Huang introduced the Drive Thor - an embedded system that combines Hopper's Transformer engine, Ada GPU and Grace CPU.

The new Thor superchip offers 2,000 teraflops of performance, replacing Nvidia's Atlan chips on the Drive roadmap. Thor represents a seamless transition from Drive Orin, which has a performance of 254 TOPS and is currently used in production vehicles. Thor will be the processor for robotics, medical instruments, industrial automation and AI systems, Huang said.
IGX edge AI computing platform for secure, intelligent systems

Nvidia also unveiled its IGX platform for high-precision edge AI. It is designed to bring advanced and proactive security to sensitive industries such as manufacturing, logistics and healthcare. According to Huang, these industries previously required costly solutions designed for specific use cases. With the IGX platform, he said, a system is now available that can be easily programmed and configured to meet different requirements.

excerpt:
"Hopper + Hopper-Next + Grace

For Drive Thor, Nvidia now quotes three times the performance per watt in relation to Drive Orin. Drive Thor is also an integrated SoC that has a Hopper GPU, an even newer generation GPU aka Hopper-Next and a Grace CPU with Arm cores. The fact that Drive Atlan still talks about a Grace-Next CPU and recently only about a Grace CPU without "Next" on the presentation slides does not mean that the Arm CPU is one generation older. Nvidia counts the CPU from Drive Thor to the same product family and has simply omitted the "Next". What differentiates the Grace CPU on Drive Thor from the Grace CPU Superchip, Nvidia did not want to disclose yet because Arm has not announced the IP yet. The Grace CPU Superchip uses the new Neoverse V2 cores, so Drive Thor will probably already use the third generation aka "V-Next". According to Nvidia, Drive Thor uses updated Arm Poseidon AE cores, with Poseidon being the codename of V-Next, while the Neoverse V2 ran under "Demeter" and the first generation is internally called "Zeus". "AE" stands for "Automotive Enhanced" and thus the automotive segment."

see also @Bravos posts from September 15th

Regards
cassip

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
It does stand for something.
Automotive.

SiFive Automotive™ E6-A, X280-A, and S7-A

But it could very well have Akida inside - and I certainly hope it does.

Thanks for the reply @krugerrands.

I’ve only just had time to have a look at it. I’m mostly on my phone which I find difficult to do much research with.

Looking at SiFive Automotive partner we’re unfortunately not listed:

The x280 came out in April 2021 so probably too early to include Akida as we hadn’t been signed up with them then.

As SiFive have stated:

“Employing Akida, BrainChip’s specialized, differentiated AI engine, with high-performance RISC-V processors such as the SiFive Intelligence Series is a natural choice for companies looking to seamlessly integrate an optimized processor to dedicated ML accelerators that are a must for the demanding requirements of edge AI computing,” said Chris Jones, vice president, products at SiFive. “BrainChip is a valuable addition to our ecosystem portfolio”.

Then as described earlier looks like we can be an added extra for the Intelligence series.

Cheers!

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

GStocks123

Regular
I recall someone dot joining between BRN & META- Wouldn’t that be nice! 📈

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Mannic

Regular
1C6A47DE-4A7F-4F96-B47C-5A4DAF546513.jpeg

Damn shorters killing us 🤬😤😖

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users

BrainChip Empowers Next Generation of Technology Innovators with Launch of the University AI Accelerator Program​

Tuesday, August 16, 2022 5:30 PM
Brainchip Holdings Limited/ADR
Share this Article
Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on Linkedin
BrainChip's University AI Accelerator Program provides hardware, training, and guidance to students at higher education institutions with existing AI engineering programs. BrainChip's products can be leveraged by students to support projects in any number of novel use cases or to demonstrate AI enablement. Students participating in the program will have access to real-world, event-based technologies offering unparalleled performance and efficiency to advance their learning through graduation and beyond.

The Program successfully completed a pilot session at Carnegie Mellon University this past spring semester and will be officially launching with Arizona State University in September. There are five universities and institutes of technology expected to participate in the program during its inaugural academic year. Each program session will include a demonstration and education of a working environment for BrainChip's AKD1000 on a Linux-based system, combining lecture-based teaching methods with hands-on experiential exploration.
"We have incorporated experimentation with BrainChip's Akida development boards in our new graduate-level course, "Neuromorphic Computer Architecture and Processor Design"at Carnegie Mellon University during the Spring 2022 semester,"

said John Paul Shen, Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at Carnegie Mellon.

"Our students had a great experience in using the Akida development environment and analyzing results from the Akida hardware. We look forward to running and expanding this program in 2023."
Was thinking about the Uni courses and I know this below grant was started sometime in 2020 and complete now I think, but wonder if we may have been involved with ASU back then given the below reference highlight.

Lidar driven project :unsure:

Haven't dug too deep but believe project could also have morphed into another Neptune offshoot at bottom of post.

Not saying involved but sometimes difficulty with DOD is a project completes then morphs into an extension / evolution but under different title and additional scope.

Grant
(NEPTUNE) Threat Detection & Tracking for Vehicle Gunners
Funder: United States Department of the Navy (DON)
Grant number: N000142012247
Investigators
Ronald Calhoun - Arizona State University
PI
Research organization
Arizona State University, United States
Abstract
ABSTRACT: Vehicle gunners need to improve the speed and reliability of threat detection and targetacquisition/engagement. Lidar specifically designed for A) long-range, B) rapid, accurate, andflexible beam-steering, C) detection using laser pulse shapes, D) complementing cameraimaging, E) tracking objects i.e., the ability to follow moving objects with adaptive scanning,and E) integration with Intelligent Agents -- can form the basis for enhanced protection ofoperators and gunners for military trucks and light tactical vehicles (e.g., JLTV). Imaginesensors / AI will mark regions of the field of view as both important (e.g., object predicted tointersect with vehicle pathway) and which lack sufficient resolution for high qualityclassification. These regions will be adaptively probed with dense point clouds concentratedwhere disambiguation is required in order to fully recognize objects in the field of view.Commercial and capital markets anticipate a tidal wave of change in the automobile andtruck markets and have unleashed torrents of effort and capital to position themselves for thearrival of autonomous vehicles. This new trillion-dollar sector of the economy will be based onseveral key technologies which are coming to fruition at the same time: A) algorithmicdevelopments in artificial intelligence and machine learning, B) AI chips which are afundamental change in the nature of computing hardware, shifting from von Neumannarchitecture to distributed memory and computation mimicking neural structures of the brain (seefor example research and commercial projects in neuromorphic computing, Brainchips Akida,Intels Loihi, or Graphcore), C) 3D Sensors lidars, radars, and ultrasonic sensors can produce3D point clouds (azimuthal, elevation, and range), providing a new basis for precisionpositioning, object detection, classification, and tracking, and D) the electrification andoptimized coordination of vehicle fleets.In previous work (Neptune 1.0), the ASU group designed a lidar to complement camerabasedimage processing, which we believe will be the work-horse of vehicle sensor suites. Thecamera will mark and hand-off to the lidar regions that are both of high interest and ambiguous.The lidar prototype has: A) 1550 nm wavelength for longer range, B) a MEMS mirror for beamsteeringwhich is flexible enough to scan boundary regions around objects, and C) an analogdigital converter approach to detection, allowing more advanced utilization of the returningpulse-shape and exploration later of AI-chip neural-net based detections.

A rack-mountedprototype is currently being tested for short-ranges, up to 10 meters in range. Pulse energy ismeeting specifications for long range.

Configurable MEMS mirror scanning is online andworking, and the analog digital converter is working for portions of the full dynamic range.

US Navy's Neptune project seeks new RF payloads​

by Carlo Munoz May 17, 2021, 14:15 PM

The US Navy’s Office of Naval Research (ONR) is looking to develop a new class of subminiature radio frequency (RF) signal processor payload for the sea service’s...

The US Navy’s Office of Naval Research (ONR) is looking to develop a new class of subminiature radio frequency (RF) signal processor payload for the sea service’s growing arsenal of unmanned platforms, according to a 13 May industry solicitation.

The new RF processing payload system being developed under the ONR programme, dubbed the Neptune Payload Prototype Project, will be designed to “support multiple RF missions with a limited set of hardware, a wideband transceiver capability with self-contained software-defined or reconfigurable hardware-accelerated processing as required”, the Request for Solutions (RFS) notice by the Strategic & Spectrum Missions Advanced Resilient Trusted Systems (S2MARTS) other transactional authority (OTA), stated.

“Candidate component technologies that are available for integration to satisfy ONR’s payload requirement include currently available integrated wideband RF transceiver chipsets, Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), RF Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (RF ASIC), Radio Frequency System-on-Chip (RFSoC), and high-performance microcontrollers,” the solicitation added.

Navy programme officials have set a five-year window for development work on the Neptune payload prototype, at an estimated cost of USD3.7 million over the duration of the effort, according to the RFS. The ONR engineers are open to integration of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS)-based software-defined radio technologies into prototype offerings, given those COTS technologies meet “current high-technology readiness levels (TRL)” as defined by the programme officials, the solicitation stated.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Love
Reactions: 30 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

TopCat

Regular
Haha…wonders will never cease!! 🤣

Additionally, my Fool colleague Tony notes, “although still in a pre-revenue stage, the business seems to be impressing the market with incremental deals that suggest its technology might actually have a future”.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users

Quercuskid

Regular
Haha…wonders will never cease!! 🤣

Additionally, my Fool colleague Tony notes, “although still in a pre-revenue stage, the business seems to be impressing the market with incremental deals that suggest its technology might actually have a future”.
Going for an each way bet, as per normal

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Morning Chippers,

Google.....

Skywater Technology ( NASDAQ: SKYT).

US Department of Defense awards Skywater Technology up to $90,000,000.00 USD in additional funding to advance RAD-HARD Technology to productization and qualification.

Skywater has RAD- Hardened 90nm chips....

Anil Mankar, in a past interview , said NASA uses 90nm chips.
AKIDA involved ????

* from memory Anil mentioned the above in a one on one interview with, Anastasi in tech, some time ago.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 46 users

JK200SX

Regular
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom