BRN Discussion Ongoing

SERA2g

Founding Member
Also,
The book: Higher Intelligence written by Peter AJ van der Made
prints the quote on page 100 at the beginning of Chapter 8
"If you invent a breakthrough in Artificial Intelligence so machines can learn, that is worth ten Microsofts."
Bill Gates, 2004
It’s only just hit me that this quote is from 2004 and so when we all say 10x Microsoft we’re actually referring to 10x it’s 2004 market cap. I’ve for some reason always assumed it’s current market cap having not considered timing of the quote.

Microsoft’s market cap was $2.9B in 2004.

That would put BRN at $29B and a share price of $16.90.

I’m a little disappointed. $16.90 sounds good, however, it is significantly below what I was hoping over a 10-20 year period.

Can we all please agree to start saying 100x Microsoft?

$290B market cap with $169 share price sounds like something I could settle for.

Cheers

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

charles2

Regular
It’s only just hit me that this quote is from 2004 and so when we all say 10x Microsoft we’re actually referring to 10x it’s 2004 market cap. I’ve for some reason always assumed it’s current market cap having not considered timing of the quote.

Microsoft’s market cap was $2.9B in 2004.

That would put BRN at $29B and a share price of $16.90.

I’m a little disappointed. $16.90 sounds good, however, it is significantly below what I was hoping over a 10-20 year period.

Can we all please agree to start saying 100x Microsoft?

$290B market cap with $169 share price sounds like something I could settle for.

Cheers
You've failed to account for inflation between 2004 and 2022.....18 years. That should provide a welcome bump to your estimate.
Cheers

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

JK200SX

Regular
Here's a treasured happy snap from earlier this year...., and looking forward to doubling that number soon :)

1663685282468.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 76 users
Touche mate.

Inflation rate is 1.6129 according to this website

46.77B and share price of $27.25.

I’d still rather $169.
Hey SERA, good links you've provided in regards to Microsoft's market cap over the years and the inflation rate.

According to your Microsoft link it's market cap in 2004 was about $290B USD, so Bill Gates was actually thinking about 2.9T USD.

That would then equate to about 4.677T USD after your inflation rate between then and now.

Then we convert that to Aussie dollars (today's exchange rate of 1.5) which is about 7.02T AUD market cap.

This would then equate to a share price today of about $4,034 AUD.

In other words, I like them numbers, haha.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32 users

Dallas

Regular
Jetson Orin verfügt über eine NVIDIA Ampere-Architektur-GPU, Arm-basierte CPUs, Deep-Learning- und Bildbeschleuniger der nächsten Generation, Hochgeschwindigkeitsschnittstellen, schnelle Speicherbandbreite und multimodale Sensorunterstützung. Diese Leistung und Vielseitigkeit ermöglicht es mehr Kunden, Produkte zu kommerzialisieren, die einst unmöglich schienen, von Ingenieuren, die modernste KI-Anwendungen liefern, bis hin zu Entwicklern von Robotics Operating System (ROS), die intelligente Maschinen der nächsten Generation bauen.

Reactions: 1 users

Dallas

Regular

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Dallas

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Dallas

Regular
Die vor anderthalb Jahren vorgestellte Plattform Drive Atlan ist bei Nvidia bereits Geschichte und wird durch Drive Thor mit einer Leistung von 2.000 TFLOPS abgelöst. Es soll aber noch im selben Jahr 2025 einsatzbereit sein. Thor ist ein zentraler Computer mit Funktionen für autonomes Fahren, Monitoring, Infotainment und mehr.

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Iseki

Regular
Jetson Orin verfügt über eine NVIDIA Ampere-Architektur-GPU, Arm-basierte CPUs, Deep-Learning- und Bildbeschleuniger der nächsten Generation, Hochgeschwindigkeitsschnittstellen, schnelle Speicherbandbreite und multimodale Sensorunterstützung. Diese Leistung und Vielseitigkeit ermöglicht es mehr Kunden, Produkte zu kommerzialisieren, die einst unmöglich schienen, von Ingenieuren, die modernste KI-Anwendungen liefern, bis hin zu Entwicklern von Robotics Operating System (ROS), die intelligente Maschinen der nächsten Generation bauen.
Es ist wahrscheinlich gut, dass NVIDIA ARM nicht gekauft hat

Iseki

Regular
Die vor anderthalb Jahren vorgestellte Plattform Drive Atlan ist bei Nvidia bereits Geschichte und wird durch Drive Thor mit einer Leistung von 2.000 TFLOPS abgelöst. Es soll aber noch im selben Jahr 2025 einsatzbereit sein. Thor ist ein zentraler Computer mit Funktionen für autonomes Fahren, Monitoring, Infotainment und mehr.
Die einzige wichtige Metrik ist TFLOPS pro WATT

• Fire

alwaysgreen

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Foxdog

Regular
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Ahh the good ol days hey. If only we'd sold then and bought back now......
Terminator Well Be Back GIF by CBS

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Dang Son

Regular
Video questioning about asic being corrupt

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
today we heard that putin is starting a referendum on his conquered territories in ukraine to designate it as russian territory, so he can say if ukraine tries to retake this it means war, so far he has been adamant about his country to liberate Ukraine from the Nazis, I know I never wanted to get political, unfortunately we in Europe are now in an economic war and my gas bill has been calculated four times as high... nevertheless I am on the side of Ukraine and I hope Australia sees it that way too, I'm sorry, I had to write it like that now

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 61 users

jk6199

Regular
Funny how these shorters make it so obvious with dropping the price with sells of 25 to 35 shares per transaction!

Most of "us" investors know its not worth selling that small amount due to fees.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Blazar85

Regular
Funny how these shorters make it so obvious with dropping the price with sells of 25 to 35 shares per transaction!

Most of "us" investors know its not worth selling that small amount due to fees.

Typical WANCA behaviour by them......just playing with themselves :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
The immediate sell side, is looking thinner than Putin's conscience..

Hold on tight to the tickets of your future, possibly generational (if you have enough) wealth! (not financial advice 😛).

Any selling pressure has to be from shorters, in my opinion and they are losing.

Aggregate shorts, as of the 15th of September, are at the highest ever (good for us) at over 94 million!

I'm eagerly awaiting data for after the 16th, as this was when over 10 million additional shorts were taken out.
This was also the day that around 35 million shares, changed hands in the closing auction..

As someone suggested, was this part of a "get out of jail free" card, that was gifted to trapped shorts??

Exciting times!

New shorts dropped to 119 thousand yesterday!
That is very surprising, to see a number that low, with a Fed decision due..
It's worth noting though, that these are "reported" shorts, so they can only ever really be a guide and the possibility of deception by financial institutions (Citicorp having been found guilty and wrist slapped by ASIC in the past) is always there..

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 33 users
Top Bottom