BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
well thank you for your response! I had some similar ideas. what is meant by n-of-m coding? do you mean the tensor? I guess they need at least some additional memory and units (sigmoid & MAC) in each NPU to not fall back to CPU and ensure performance and parallelisation. thus I guess I understood the problem why they have to build a completly new chip. thanks!
Hi chef,

N-of-M coding is based on the realization by Simon Thorpe's group that the strongest signals are recognized earlier by the retinal photoreceptors of the eye, and by the pixels of a photodetector, and thus generate spikes earlier than the weaker light signals. This means that most of the visual information is carried in the spikes which arrive earlier, and that the later-arriving spikes can be ignored with little loss of accuracy.

the following slides are from ST's presentation

1663423854861.png

but I don't have the link.

1663423679330.png

1663423782885.png

The 4-out-of-16 is just an example as there can be many more than 16 synaptical connexions to a neuron.

Akida does not do MAC.

Late edition:

This patent application, soon to be granted in US, is useful to understand the Akida NPU:

WO2020092691A1 AN IMPROVED SPIKING NEURAL NETWORK

1663424986487.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

chef

Emerged
Hi chef,

N-of-M coding is based on the realization by Simon Thorpe's group that the strongest signals are recognized earlier by the retinal photoreceptors of the eye, and by the pixels of a photodetector, and thus generate spikes earlier than the weaker light signals. This means that most of the visual information is carried in the spikes which arrive earlier, and that the later-arriving spikes can be ignored with little loss of accuracy.

the following slides are from ST's presentation

View attachment 16857

but I don't have the link.

View attachment 16855

View attachment 16856

The 4-out-of-16 is just an example as there can be many more than 16 synaptical connexions to a neuron.

Akida does not do MAC.

Late edition:

This patent application, soon to be granted in US, is useful to understand the Akida NPU:

WO2020092691A1 AN IMPROVED SPIKING NEURAL NETWORK

View attachment 16859
oh wow great stuff I will enjoy to read although I'm a little concerned my neurons cannot handle such high end knowledge🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

clip

Regular
Another companion, desktop robot:

EMO

https://living.ai

Specs from the video:

- Neural Network Processor + CPU

From https://living.ai/emo-specs/:

AI Processor+CPU (Up to 1.2 TOPS)

And from https://living.ai/product-support-emo/ Privacy and Security:

"Please don’t worry about the privacy issue with Emo’s camera since Emo uses advanced neural network processors to process all the data locally.
As for the voice, we don’t save them."

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 32 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Have found this on facebook, but I found no link to it

View attachment 16851
Now I found the link

Under the Spotlight AUS: BrainChip​

AI is the future, but hardware gaps must be closed before it can reach its full potential. An ASX-listed company is on the case, with a brain-mimicking processor designed for better machine learning. Today we put BrainChip Under the Spotlight.
1663436844195.png

BrainChip’s design is ahead of the pack, and management is excited about its commercial prospects.

is this a seriosly side?

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Why would you go there?
What has it to do with BRN?

You never will .... but lets forget the progressive agendas and focus on the end goal.
Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 4.05.50 am - Copy.png

I can't believe how rude you are! Commenting on the break down of males to females was relevant to the original discussion which you obviously didn't even bother looking at. By the way, there is nothing "woke" about commenting on the stats of male to female members on this site anyway. How you can have the audacity to launch out so disrespectfully at the people who contribute so much here is beyond me. Clearly you need to focus on adopting a more progressive agenda yourself since you seem to be stuck in the stone ages.

Not happy Jan! 😤

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 85 users

JDelekto

Regular
Nice momentum for the BRN-website!
https://www.similarweb.com/de/website/brainchip.com/#ranking
View attachment 16838
View attachment 16839

Do you have any idea why BRN is getting so much attention by the US when it´s only traded as ADR with a lower volume (I didn´t check the volume) there? The interest-increase shown on the right states that interest in Germany and USA grew and in relation declined in Australia.
May it be because of media articles published? For Germany there were some articles (posted by Sirod, i guess). Didn´t see anything similar for the US. Any other explanation? Custumer uptake wouldn´t affect the statistics, right?

Greetings from Germany!

It's being traded more than just an ADR in the US and sold by a few different brokers (I use Fidelity since I have my retirement accounts there). It trades under two symbols on the OTC market, BCHPY (the ADR) and BRCHF (the actual BrainChip stock).

I have purchased some ADRs, only because they do not incur any extra fees; they are, however, higher priced as each one represents 40 shares of the underlying BRN stock. I keep these in my accessible investment account as I plan on selling those first when I feel the need to do so. I do have plans to hold those shares for at least a year though, to minimize my tax liability.

BRCHF, on the other hand, has a $50 US foreign transaction fee. While I feel this will more than be covered 3 to 5 years from now, I feel I need to buy as many shares as possible at once to minimize the cost-to-share ratio. These shares are in my retirement accounts, and represent the majority of my holdings in BrainChip. I will not be able to access those funds for several years to come, and because of this, it is easier to bear the fluctuations of the stock over the long term.

I have done my part to let friends and family know about BrainChip, and now that they have offices in the US, I'm sure word is getting around.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
1663449638952.png

Maybe? They are saying they are building to order and take 6 weeks to arrive until production speeds up.

Toys were always a possibility!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
View attachment 16866
Maybe? They are saying they are building to order and take 6 weeks to arrive until production speeds up.

Just checking the Emo website, looks as though they opened in 2021 around November (probably to try and capture Xmas orders) and had trouble creating filling orders and the product needed updates to fix issues.

Gives us an idea of what’s possible in the near future though.

Edit. Looks like the company has been around since 2007.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Hi chef,

I would guess that LSTM would require additional memory in the NPUs so motion can be predicted by extrapolation from recent snapshots. Possibly some sort of FIFO arrangement?

I don't know if this would involve some participation (software/firmware) from the MCU/CPU, which is not required when the SNN is just doing classification/on-chip learning, but it's possible that it would.

PS: Can't wait for the patent to be published.
Because of your marvellous explanation of the scratchpad memory and the manner in which AKD1000 only stored spikes until it had sufficient points of identification to say cat, dog, Bill, car etc; then moves on I think I know enough to ask apart from additional memory would not the neural fabric also need to function or operate differently?
View attachment 16838
View attachment 16839

Do you have any idea why BRN is getting so much attention by the US when it´s only traded as ADR with a lower volume (I didn´t check the volume) there? The interest-increase shown on the right states that interest in Germany and USA grew and in relation declined in Australia.
May it be because of media articles published? For Germany there were some articles (posted by Sirod, i guess). Didn´t see anything similar for the US. Any other explanation? Custumer uptake wouldn´t affect the statistics, right?

Greetings from Germany!
They have been attending trade shows and doing investment blogger interviews every second day in the USA.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

MDhere

Regular
Happy Sunday 53% males and 47% females.

Been working heaos and catching up on great stuff here, a big thankyou for great stuff post and entertaining giggles as well.

I was chatting too a friend about Brn as i do in random conversations and was talking about the large volumes exchanging hands Friday. They say to me what's the sp now, i say 92.5c and they say should i buy?

Now i don't think anyone should ask me - should i buy Brainchip shares lol

My reply was let's look at it this way if you research a product that you're thinking of buying and you realise that's it that's the one would you them go out and buy it if you had the means?

They said yes of course. I said ok ive done my research and i bought and holding, lookup Brainchip which the name of the Company, look up AKIDA, Brn is the tick code, today's price is 92.5c . Let's have this same conversation again in 1 years time 🤣🤣

Happy Sunday fellower brners
Disclaimer : I'm not a financial advisor, im not a Ceo of the company, im just 1 of 47% 🤣

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 49 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
View attachment 16838
View attachment 16839

Greetings from Germany!
Pakistan??

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
View attachment 16866

Akida has a great chance to be incorporated into Children's electronic toys that have cameras and motion sensors as it preserves privacy without needed to be connected to the cloud.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
You never will .... but lets forget the progressive agendas and focus on the end goal.
Well there is always one ignorant illiterate on the journey who has no idea what he or she is talking about. If the end goal is to encourage investment in Brainchip and see its share price rise then promoting Brainchip to all of the market will achieve this particularly a segment with 72 trillion investment dollars in 2020. What a numb bat you are:

My now firmly held opinion about your lack of intellect so sorry you cannot do your own research but perhaps someone at the pub will read the article to you.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 50 users

clip

Regular
Just checking the Emo website, looks as though they opened in 2021 around November (probably to try and capture Xmas orders) and had trouble creating filling orders and the product needed updates to fix issues.

Gives us an idea of what’s possible in the near future though.

Edit. Looks like the company has been around since 2007.

Yes, the timeframe was another thing for possibly AKIDA inside.

But then again, after a bit of research, they are probably a chinese company, using chinese technology.
Before EMO, they produced Cubee, under the companys name 'WLToys'.

And a quick search for 'china' + 'neural network processor' brought me to this site:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211111005844/en/VeriSilicon’s-Neural-Network-Processor-IP-Embedded-in-Over-100-AI-Chips

VeriSilicon’s Neural Network Processor IP

So we will see.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

robsmark

Regular
Happy Sunday 53% males and 47% females.

Been working heaos and catching up on great stuff here, a big thankyou for great stuff post and entertaining giggles as well.

I was chatting too a friend about Brn as i do in random conversations and was talking about the large volumes exchanging hands Friday. They say to me what's the sp now, i say 92.5c and they say should i buy?

Now i don't think anyone should ask me - should i buy Brainchip shares lol

My reply was let's look at it this way if you research a product that you're thinking of buying and you realise that's it that's the one would you them go out and buy it if you had the means?

They said yes of course. I said ok ive done my research and i bought and holding, lookup Brainchip which the name of the Company, look up AKIDA, Brn is the tick code, today's price is 92.5c . Let's have this same conversation again in 1 years time 🤣🤣

Happy Sunday fellower brners
Disclaimer : I'm not a financial advisor, im not a Ceo of the company, im just 1 of 47% 🤣

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Pakistan??
Interesting but not surprising as I have read quite a number of research papers with joint authors from Pakistan and Italy covering spiking neural networks. They occasionally reference the JAST inventors and are often funded by the 2020 European Horizon initiative.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 14 users

MDhere

Regular
Interesting but not surprising as I have read quite a number of research papers with joint authors from Pakistan and Italy covering spiking neural networks. They occasionally reference the JAST inventors and are often funded by the 2020 European Horizon initiative.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
So happens my good friends Tata has a connection with Pakistan :) with Tata Daewoo :)
20220918_092538.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Slade

Top 20
View attachment 16838
View attachment 16839

Greetings from Germany!
Why isn’t Thailand lit up? I have been on the BRN website at least 20,000 times this month.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users
Top Bottom