BRN Discussion Ongoing

Dang Son

Regular
Yesterday @Diogenese posted an extract, some commentary and the following link:

This patent protects AKIDA’s on chip learning.

Neither DYNAP or GrAi Matter have this ability nor do they have ONE SHOT LEARNING.

Neither do they have on chip convolution or SNN2CNN conversion.

Nor do they come in a package as IP allowing you to purchase a tiny bit of Ai or a massive stack of Ai.

On the question of are they competition yes but consider the Smart Light switch. Both you and I are competition to AKIDA because we can tell whether the light needs to be turned on or off.

Considering the above and assuming no price advantage which of the above technologies would you chose for your Smart Light switch if you decide not to compete.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Cheers Mate thanks
Some of us are a bit slower than others on the information uptake
but if I was to remove myself from the competitive race to neuromorphic supremacy
I would choose Akida to control my switching requirements.

Aside from tech advancement in vehicles, one problem is electronic fault and damage repair.
My beautiful 2016 3.0TDi Audi A5 Sline sports hatchback (with every current advanced feature such as active lane keeper etc)had to be written off by insurer recently after impacting a large rock to the undercarriage because of an intermittent electronic fault that no repairer was confident to guarantee.
Resulting in an unsustainable waist of a car being devalued to scrap for parts.:(
Same thing happened to a mate with a new Jaguar.:(
Same thing happens with white goods and consumer electronics where a faulty circuit means throwing an item away onto a bigger and bigger heap. 😟
I think products need improved error code analysis to detect the exact faulty parts for replacement and maybe Akida is that missing link.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Ours was a woody Morris station wagon with a mechanical flip out arm with orange light - can't remember if it blinked.
Ours occasionally flipped out as intended but never ever blinked. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
The discussion about neuromorphic computing being the province of analog and lumping Akida into analog is a bit unfortunate, and probably derives with the pre-Akida obsession with analog SNNs

Page 27:
View attachment 16789
Page 28:
Analog hardware: The biggest time and energy costs in most computers occur when lots of data has to move between external memory and computational resources such as CPUs, GPUs, or NPUs. This is the "von Neumann bottleneck," named after the classic computer architecture that separates memory and logic. One way to greatly reduce the power needed for machine learning is to avoid moving the data — to do the computation where the data is located. Because there is no movement of data, tasks can be performed in a fraction of the time and require much less energy. In-memory and neuromorphic analog computing are such approaches that take this approach. In-memory computing is the design of memories next to or within the processing elements of hardware such that bitwise operations and arithmetic operations can occur in memory. Neuromorphic analog computing allows in-place compute but also mimics the brain’s function and efficiency by building artificial neural systems that implement «neurons» and «synapses» to transfer electrical signals via an analog circuit design. This circuit is the breakthrough technology solution to the VonNeumann bottleneck problem. Analog neuromorphic ICs are intrinsically parallel, and better adapted for neural network operations than current digital hardware solutions offering orders of magnitude improvements for edge applications. Market-ready, end-user programmable chips are an essential need for neuromorphic computing to expand its visibility and to achieve a variety of “real-world applications” with an increasing number of users. As large technology companies are waiting for the technology to become more mature, some start-ups have released their chips to fill the gap and to have a competitive advantage against those tech-giants. Examples include BrainChip AKIDA, GrAI Matter LabsVIP, and SynSense DYNAP processors.

Neuromorphic digital SNN computing also enables the blending of memory and compute, obviating the von Neumann bottleneck.
Hi @Diogenese
I saw that and NViso has done this before in their documentation.

The first time I picked it up I sent it to the company and it was going to be brought to Anil’s attention.

Perhaps they decided to not correct NViso and let the Russians and Chinese go insane trying to do what AKIDA does in digital in analogue.🤡😂🤡🤣🤡

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
Great exposure on Stake! Things are heating up people!
Great find generously shared.

Finally an analyst that can read, add up, subtract, multiply and has heard of Annual Reports to Shareholders AND some of the partnerships and licensees of AKIDA IP though the EAP clients like NASA, Mercedes Benz etc; slipped past like a Warnie flipper.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Ours occasionally flipped out as intended but never ever blinked. LOL
Usually they get the apprentices to get Blinker fluid from supercheap, imagine the expression on their faces when they return with this

1663385385997.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

equanimous

... and for rainy days and night driving, you could buy a reflective plastic sleeve for your forearm.
During winter it was 7am, -2 degrees, I witnessed a P plater driver driving around the round about with his head out the drivers window because his windscreen was covered in ice.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

equanimous

Great find generously shared.

Finally an analyst that can read, add up, subtract, multiply and has heard of Annual Reports to Shareholders AND some of the partnerships and licensees of AKIDA IP though the EAP clients like NASA, Mercedes Benz etc; slipped past like a Warnie flipper.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
1663386345260.png

1663386523293.png

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
Interesting historical graph of the Dow jones with world events timeline
EUhj644m.png

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Reactions: 6 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon Chippers ,

Interesting company......

Defend Tex.
Melbourne based,

World leading Australian made " Kamikaze " drone.
Defend Tex D40,
Range 20 km,
Flys autonomously,
300 gram paylode,
Swarming capability or singular deployment,
Bit bigger than a beer can.

The units development was largely funded in collaboration with Autonomous Systems Collaberative Reasearch by the Australian Goverment.

Australian gov sending / sent 300 units to Poland for testing , then fowareded on to Ukrain.

Apparently one " Kamikaze " drone is capable of taking out a tank.

Hopefully AKIDA BALISTA, literally.

Naturally I have no idea if we are engaged in this, but apparently these drones have autonomous mode.

Great super sleuthing all, never a dull moment.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 33 users
T-800-Endoskeleton-Arm-Brain-Chip-Set-The-Real-Replica.jpg

1. T-800-Endoskeleton-Arm-Brain-Chip-Set-The-Real-Replica-100x100.jpg
  2. T-800-Endoskeleton-Arm-Brain-Chip-Set-Replica-1-1-100x100.jpg
  3. T-800-Endoskeleton-Arm-Brain-Chip-Set-Sideshow-100x100.jpg
  4. T-800-Endoskeleton-Arm-Brain-Chip-Set-The-Real-Replika-100x100.jpg

T-800 ENDOSKELETON ARM & BRAIN CHIP SET – THE REAL REPLICA 1/1​

22,695.00 kr
  • Seriös Terminator replika i 1:1 storlek!
    Svea_Primary_RGB_medium.png
    Delbetalning från 1,076.00 kr/månad
Slut i lager
Artikelnr: 19831Kategorier: Preorder, Replicas, Terminator

BESKRIVNING​

Sideshow, in partnership with Blitzway, is proud to introduce the Terminator 2: Judgment Day T-800 Endoskeleton Arm & Brain Chip Life-Size Collectible Set! This collectible set is the second addition to Blitzway’s “The Real” series. The Endoskeleton Arm and Brain Chip bring to life the ultimate symbol of the monstrous killing machines created by Skynet

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

SiFive Seeks to Fuel Next-Gen Designs with Automotive RISC-V Cores
one day ago by Jake Hertz
With its new portfolio of automotive RISC-V processor cores, SiFive aims to solve challenges in the design of evolving digital cars.

The RISC-V movement has been gaining some serious momentum this summer, finding value in a variety of fields and use cases. As a testament to this, the past week alone has seen the RISC-V movement has been bolstered by news from both Intel and NASA.

Now, that momentum is continuing again this week, this time with RISC-V finding its way into the automotive sector. This week, SiFive led the way along those lines with the announcement of a new portfolio of RISC-V processors designed to meet the demands of the next-generation automotive market.

In this article, we’ll look at the benefits of RISC-V for automotive as well as the new releases from SiFive.

Automotive Challenges
Today, the automotive industry is undergoing a revolution unlike any other time in history. The complete electrification and digitization of almost every facet of the automobile are creating smarter, safer, and more sustainable cars, but also come with a number of technical challenges.

View attachment 16778

Some of the many computing tasks within a modern automobile.

Some of the many computing tasks within a modern automobile. Image used courtesy of Johnson Automotive (Click image to enlarge)

One of the major challenges is the increased dependence on compute-intensive software and services within the car. For example, many of the applications within a vehicle, such as autonomous driving functions, rely on real-time processing for proper execution.

The result is that automotive designers are finding themselves in need of greater onboard computing capabilities in order to perform fast and reliable processing.

At the same time, next-generation automobiles simultaneously rely on a myriad of different computing tasks, ranging from infotainment systems, to wireless communications, to machine learning processing and computer vision. This broad range of applications makes it difficult to design a system that can perform all these tasks at a high level.

Together, these are driving the need for flexible and powerful computing hardware that is capable of supporting a variety of tasks without sacrificing performance or reliability.

RISC-V for Automotive

In the eyes of many, RISC-V presents a solution to many of these challenges. Some of the major benefits of RISC-V in the automotive space are the simplicity and performance that it brings to automotive design.

By using a single instruction set architecture (ISA) with RISC-V, a designer can create an automotive computing platform that enables a high level of code portability as well as decreased time to market. At the same time, many RISC-V offerings have been shown to offer high levels of performance as well as energy efficiency, making these devices ideal tools for automotive applications.

Beyond this, the RISC-V movement also provides designers with flexibility. Since RISC-V has grown globally, now consisting of thousands of members, there has emerged a wide variety of existing IP and resources on the market as well as the tools and information necessary to help designers create their own IP if needed.

SiFive’s Automotive RISC-V Portfolio
SiFive’s new portfolio of automotive-facing RISC-V offerings is part of the first phase of a long-term roadmap, says the company. The announcement describes three automotive solutions: the E6-A, X280-A, and S7-A.

The E6-A series is a 32-bit RISC-V processor that was designed specifically for real-time computing applications including system control and security. Built off of a single issue, in-order 8-stage Harvard Pipeline, and tightly integrated memory and cache subsystems, SiFive is describing the E6-A processors as offering mid-range power-efficient performance. SiFive tells us that the E6-A will be offered in ASIL A, B, and D safety levels and will be available by the end of 2022. The E6-A’s product page does not include a datasheet. It mentions a “Automotive E6-A Development Kit,” but with few details about it so far.

The E6-A RISC-V processor will support ASIL A, B, and D safety levels.

The E6-A RISC-V processor will support ASIL A, B, and D safety levels. Image used courtesy of SiFive

Following the E6-A, SiFive plans to release both the X280-A and S7-A by the second half of 2023. The X280-A will be a vector-capable processor that is optimized for sensor fusion, ADAS, and machine learning applications within the vehicle.

S7-A, on the other hand, will be tailored for applications such as ADAS, gateways, and domain controllers. To do this, the S7-A will be a real-time core that features native 64-bit support. As of now, there are no product pages on SiFive’s site for either the S7-A or the X280-A.

Together, SiFive hopes that its automotive line will provide automotive designers with the computing flexibility and performance needed to support the compute-intensive and varied tasks required by next-generation automobiles.
50 points where compute is required in a modern motor vehicle.
Lots of opportunity.

https://thestockexchange.com.au/attachments/79977396-c35f-424b-812c-476dacbcbb16-jpeg.16778/
1663401427981.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

VictorG

... and for rainy days and night driving, you could buy a reflective plastic sleeve for your forearm.
LOL, some countries had invented break lights and indicators before the combustion engine.
Screenshot_20220917-183153_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20220917-183130_WhatsApp.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
https://www.abc.net.au/radionationa...r-rover-being-designed-in-australia/101422404

Not directly related to BrainChip but there was an interesting interview about autonomous rovers on Mars and the moon on the Radio National Science Show last week. The audio link is above. The interview was with Thierry Peynot an Associate Professor and robotics engineer at QUT. Thierry is orignally from Toulouse and is working on a rover for the first lunar mission by the Australian Space Agency planned for early 2026. The rover will be autonomous, able to assess the terrain and choose the best track. He talks about the scientific rovers collecting samples and looking for life on other planets and often the best place to collect samples are areas not easy to access. They obviously need Akida!!

There is mention of David Flannery who is the Australian involved in directing the collection of samples by the rover on Mars. David Flannery and David Wettergreen from the Carnegie Mellon Robotics institute ( @Fact Finder talked about him in a post recently) have both written chapter in a book called From Habitability to Life on Mars. https://www.sciencedirect.com/book/9780128099353/from-habitability-to-life-on-mars. I imagine the community of robotics engineers involved in space rovers can't be that big and probably all know each other and share knowledge on key tech advances. Maybe Akida will be onboard Australia's first moon rover!!!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users
Interesting historical graph of the Dow jones with world events timeline View attachment 16799
The historical performances of indexes, like the DJIA, the S&P/ASX200, or any you wish to choose, are always going to go up over time, because they are weighted, which is an oxymoron 😛..

Company’s that are doing well, get put in, while company’s that are doing poorly, get turfed..

This is why the funds weight their portfolios to them.
It's an idiot proof way, of ensuring future gains for their clients.
Meaning a fund manager of this type, can basically be a buffoon and most, probably are..
All the hard work of selecting the companies, is done by someone else..

So those kind of charts, are completely misleading.

If you're only selecting a few stocks, you need to make sure, they are doing everything in their power and have the goods, to have a BIG future.

That's why I choose BrainChip 😉

(I can just imagine the last two sentences, as an investment ad, with me holding up an AKIDA chip at the end of it 😛)

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 27 users

Diogenese

Top 20
The historical performances of indexes, like the DJIA, the S&P/ASX200, or any you wish to choose, are always going to go up over time, because they are weighted, which is an oxymoron 😛..

Company’s that are doing well, get put in, while company’s that are doing poorly, get turfed..

This is why the funds weight their portfolios to them.
It's an idiot proof way, of ensuring future gains for their clients.
Meaning a fund manager of this type, can basically be a buffoon and most, probably are..
All the hard work of selecting the companies, is done by someone else..

So those kind of charts, are completely misleading.

If you're only selecting a few stocks, you need to make sure, they are doing everything in their power and have the goods, to have a BIG future.

That's why I choose BrainChip 😉

(I can just imagine the last two sentences, as an investment ad, with me holding up an AKIDA chip at the end of it 😛)
But surely the ad would only show the back of your head because of professional etiquette.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom